Texas Professional Disc Jockey Reviews

58 | Austin, TX

58 Reviews for Texas Professional Disc Jockey

Alexandra · Married on 09/01/2018

The music at our wedding was BY FAR the most asked-about, commented-on, raved-about item — Andrew kept the dance floor packed start to finish. Hiring Texas Pro DJs was one of the best decisions we made!

• Kamna

Kamna · Married on 04/21/2018

<3 I initially came there to sign up for some DJ classes, something I'd always wanted to do, and an awesome way for me to blow off work stress. They were so organized, made everything totally customizable, and enjoyable, and memorable, and I am just loving every minute of it.

Kate · Married on 04/13/2018

We could not be more happy with our entire experience with Texas Pro DJ. Noelle was always available and quick to respond to questions. Juan heard everything we said and DJ’ed the perfect day! They accommodated my request to keep a certain song secret from the groom. They made a last minute song request from my MOH for her speech happen as a complete surprise. And as we hoped we had a great party dancing the night away with every guest at our wedding. The DJ truly makes or breaks your wedding and we have been to weddings where the DJ killed the party. You will not have that problem with Texas Pro DJ.

Emily · Married on 12/16/2017

We made the best decision going with Texas Pro DJ for our wedding! After seeing (and dancing at) their booth at the Bridal Expo, I knew our reception had to have them.
    My husband and I are huge music people, so choosing the right DJ was super important to us. Our first consult with Jamin hooked us. He explained how easy their online request and party organization system was. We could request any music we wanted, which made my XM-listening husband very happy. Planning our ceremony and reception music was stress free.
    Jamin brought the party to our reception! He mixed our pre-set playlist, as well as many guest requests throughout the night. He kept our guests entertained and dancing all night! He even helped my Father bring his music-themed speech/toast to life.
    Since our wedding, at least 5 guests have asked about booking our DJ for their upcoming events. Everyone was so impressed! You cannot go wrong with Texas Pro DJ!

Krystal · Married on 12/02/2017

Miles is AMAZING!!!! I am a wedding planner here in Austin and have worked with him countless times, so naturally when it came to my own wedding, I knew Miles was who I needed! I decided to have a destination wedding in Puerto Rico but Hurricane Maria had different plans! My wedding was cancelled 7 weeks before my big day and I freaked! I called Miles to let him know that we would likely need to post-pone but being the incredible person he is, talked me out of it. He gave me the courage to move forward with our original date and find a new location. We ended up getting married in West Palm Beach and it's all because of Miles. He's always so wonderful to work with, very on top of communication, and good grief he knows how to throw an amazing dance party. He nailed every single song I requested and then some. His charisma on the microphone helps the event run smoothly and creates a fun atmosphere. He's the BEST in the industry and I'm so honored that he DJ'd my wedding. Miles, John and I are so very appreciative of you and could not have imagined our day with anyone else. Thank you so much for everything you did, not only as my DJ, but also as a friend. You crushed it boo! xoxo

Callie · Married on 09/30/2017

Texas Pro DJ came highly recommended by our wedding venue. Being from out of state we just fully trusted their recommendation and booked them pretty quickly. From the first phone call to the day of the wedding, they were super easy to work with. We were never worried that they weren't going to do a great job. Luckily, we were right. The music was exactly what we had in mind. The dance floor was packed and everyone was able to let loose and really enjoy themselves. We added specific requests throughout the night and every request was met. We couldn't have envisioned a better DJ for us or a more fun night for us and our guests. We are so glad we used Texas Pro DJ and you will be too!

Taylor · Married on 04/22/2017

My husband and I wanted our wedding guests to leave our wedding talking about how much fun they had. We wanted them to never leave the dancefloor. Miles did all that and more! Our guests haven’t stopped talking about how much fun they had. We have gotten so many compliments!

Aside from all that, Texas Pro DJ is so easy to work with. From the first meeting to the day-of we never had any issues contacting them or getting questions answered. Miles even coordinated with Big Dog Pyro to set off a confetti cannon at the height of a song at the end of the night. Miles did an excellent job of shortening our special dance songs. You couldn’t even tell that they were edited! I highly recommend them for any event!

Katherine · Married on 04/08/2017

Anthony was INCREDIBLE. Guests could not stop commenting about how on point the music was and how each song was better than the last. Loved the live mixing and Anthony kept the energy high and the dance floor full the entire night. We met with him once before the wedding to talk through the type of music we wanted and he knew instantly what vibe we were looking for. Their system for communicating “must play” songs and “do not play songs” was super easy to work with as well. Super thoughtful and professional – Anthony was SO much fun and made our wedding an epic dance party right to the very last song played for our sparkler exit. Could not recommend more highly!

Caitlin · Married on 03/31/2017

Anthony with Texas Pro DJ was the best DJ I have ever seen at a wedding. Weeks later, guests are still commenting about how great he was all night. The dance floor was completely packed the entire evening and he never let the party lag. Our day of coordinator also commented that he was super easy to work with and that he was easily one of the best DJs she had worked with in her 300+ weddings that she has coordinated. If you want to ensure your guests have an incredible time, book Anthony! It will be the best decision that you make in planning your wedding.

Rachel · Married on 11/12/2016

Let me start by saying, the one thing we both knew we wanted from the start was an amazing DJ. We have been to plenty of wedding receptions that had decent music and we knew we wanted it to be off the hook! I had worked with Miles at previous jobs, so selecting Texas Pro DJ was never a question on our end. We were lucky enough to have Anthony as our DJ for the night and we couldn't be happier with the choice we made.

We challenged Anthony by putting together a large Do not Play list, and decided not to have a lot of traditional wedding moments (cake cutting, garter toss, etc.) but he kept the dance floor full all night. Finally, because of time, we had to scrap our first dance to keep on schedule, but Anthony in turn made it the last dance of the night which was perfect. Hands down, best decision ever to hire Texas Pro DJ.

Beth · Married on 11/06/2016

Texas Pro DJ was absolutely AMAZING! They exceed our expectations! Jamin and Noelle were a joy to work with … they were very patient and walked us thru everything from timeline to suggestions on types of music. They were quick to respond and answered all of our questions. Their portal was so user friendly and it was a breeze to put our playlist together. They even included special music for us. Miles was our DJ and he was FABULOUS! He was on time, professional, full of energy and made our reception a blast. The transitioning from ceremony, to dinner music, to dance music was seamless … Miles played the perfect music at the perfect time. Our family and friends are still raving about it! Thank you Texas Pro DJ for creating an amazing day and unforgettable memories for us. We highly recommend Texas Pro DJ to everyone.

Anna · Married on 07/02/2016

Wow, terrific job!! I've never seen so many people dancing at a wedding as I did when Texas Pro DJ was leading the dance floor by playing all the best music! It really added to the fun atmosphere we wanted at our wedding!

Johanna · Married on 06/11/2016

Texas Pro DJ did a great job at our wedding, and we couldn’t be more pleased with how everything went. We interacted a lot with Jamin during the planning phases, and Chris was our actual DJ. They were both great and really easy to talk to and work with. We were arranging everything from out of town, and they both went out of their way to help us make it all work, including setting up a meeting where we could talk to our DJ Chris beforehand, which really helped to make me feel reassured that everybody was on the same page before the actual wedding.

My husband and I are not anywhere near what you would call musically-savvy, and trying to cater to a crowd that was part musically-hip Austin folk and part older, conservative types made me panicky. Chris and Jamin listened to where I was coming from and helped strike just the right balance for our guests. During the wedding, Chris helped everything flow perfectly. All the important songs played right on cue, things stayed on schedule, and Chris read the crowd well and played the right things to keep people dancing and the vibe going in the right direction. Everything flowed so seamlessly that I was really unaware of it in the best way the whole time, and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

We would definitely recommend these guys. Thanks, Jamin and Chris, for your laid-back professionalism and for making our day such a great success!

Michelle · Married on 04/09/2016

Before starting our wedding planning process, my husband and I made a list of things that were high priority for us. At the top of that list was having a good DJ who would contribute to the fun reception atmosphere we wanted to create.

I was on a mission to find the right DJ, and I must have spoken with every DJ company in Austin during my search. Miles was highly recommended to us by our photographer, and it wasn't hard to see why. From the moment we initially visited the office, all of the staff at Texas Pro DJ were professional and organized.

To make the planning process easier, we rented all sound equipment including what was needed for ceremony and reception through them. Miles and his assistant showed with plenty of time to setup and they were ready to go the day of the wedding.

An online login to an account with all details including timeline, requested songs, etc was available to us, and having such hands-on access really took all of the stress out of the process.

While we certainly could have gone with a different DJ for less, I would say that Miles' contribution was invaluable. We still get compliments on how great the music was and how much fun our reception was. If we ever need to hire another DJ, we would certainly pick Texas Pro DJ again!

Texas Pro DJ did the music at our wedding and we were so pleased with their work! Our DJ played the songs we wanted and had our guests dancing all night long! Our DJ was awesome! Highly recommend!!

Mike · Married on 09/19/2015

Andrew was awesome! We loved working with him. He kept everyone dancing all night!

Miles was the DJ for our wedding and he did a fantastic job. Music was extremely important to my husband and I so we splurged to get Miles who is the CEO of the company. Miles didn't complain at all about any of our nontraditional requests (no YMCA, Top 40, or songs that tell you how to dance like the Cupid Shuffle; we wanted alternative/pop punk music for the dinner; etc.), and he was so easy and fun to work with. Additionally, I am half Persian so we wanted half and half Persian and American music during the dancing. Miles did an amazing job switching between the two and he kept the dance floor going for two and a half hours on a 100 degree September day, making sure to get in as many of our requests as possible. Miles transitioned the songs seamlessly without the awkward pauses so many other DJs have, and he was a killer emcee. Miles even jumped in and started playing some music during the part of the ceremony where we were signing the marriage certificate when he realized it was taking longer than anticipated. He's a very intuitive DJ. The only flub was during our introduction at the reception when Miles almost forgot that I did not take my husband's name and was not going to be a "Mrs.", but it was a small error considering how fantastic everything else was.

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/20/2015

I found Texas Pro DJ at the Austin Wedding Extravaganza, and it was THE MOST FUN BOOTH. I knew if they could make me dance for the slow motion video mid afternoon, they'd be able to do wonders at a reception. I was terrified they'd be out of budget, but meeting with Nick let me know it would be worth every dollar.
    During our initial meeting, Nick helped me create a minute-by-minute timeline of the ceremony and reception, incorporating my loose ideas with their collective knowledge of wedding flow/timing. It felt so comforting to work with people who knew what they were doing, and seeing the timeline on paper was the first moment of planning that made the wedding feel like a real event we would enjoy.
    A week before the wedding, Shea helped me collaborate with DJ ANDREW to hold my hand through selecting the final list of ceremony and reception songs. Andrew made me feel incredibly confident that my special requests would be included, that he'd edit our first dance song to make it appropriately dancey, and that my indie dinner vision would become a reality.
    He was completely right. It was awesome. He was so accommodating despite the torrential rain that relocated our cocktail hour, and his dinner vibes perfectly matched our vision. When the dance floor opened up, we no longer needed chairs in the reception hall. By the second song, someone started the train, and so many guests joined in that we formed a complete dancing circle around the entire reception hall. Guests who said they didn't dance proved themselves wrong, and Andrew read the crowd perfectly to make aunts, uncles, college friends, and coworkers all feel equal pride in tearing up the dance floor.
    I can't say enough positive things about how much fun Andrew made our reception. Booking Texas Pro DJ is a great decision, and Andrew will seriously make your night if you can snag him.

• W

Whitney · Married on 06/20/2015

Brad was fantastic! A little pricey but worth the money!

Natasha · Married on 06/20/2015

KB was our DJ and he was phenomenal. We had a blast dancing and he did a fabulous job mixing all the songs. I never imagined dancing and having so much fun at my wedding. KB made that possible for us and our guests! It was a night to remember for everyone. Our guests went on about how fun and awesome the music was.

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/24/2015

The team at Texas Pro is awesome! Miles was so helpful during the planning process and made great suggestions! They were a pleasure to work with. Nick was our wedding DJ and he was great!! He made sure our wedding went smoothly and did a great job of keeping the crowd on the dance floor! It was a great night thanks to Nick!

Great DJ! Nick was wonderful and did a great job of organizing our event. He made wonderful suggestions, and was very easy to communicate with. I appreciated the attention to detail and the professionalism displayed by this company!

Jessi · Married on 03/21/2015

DJ Nixx was awesome!! She read the crowd and played everything to keep our guests on the dance floor. We, alongside our best friends, our parents, grandparents and even the flower girl danced all night long! When our crowd didn't know how to "Wobble" she took to the dance floor and led us through it! Not only was dancing great, we even received compliments on the music during dinner, cocktail hour and as guests arrived. So happy with our decision to spend a little more than anticipated on our DJ, she was absolutely worth it!

Vanessa · Married on 11/15/2014

DJ Miles was awesome!!!! I can't even begin to say enough on how great of a job he did. He really made our wedding so memorable, fun and action packed to the highest degree. I still smile anytime I think about how great of a time we had. Serving as our emcee, he was very smooth and effortless in his delivery and really helped to keep our sequence of events flowing from one thing to the next. He always kept our guests informed and no one was ever in the dark of what was going on. THEN came the actual dance and let me just say WOW! He really did keep the dance floor packed the ENTIRE night. This is something I read over and over again in his reviews and I can fully attest that this is 110% true. Even before the wedding, my other wedding vendors kept talking about how good DJ Miles was. He played music for everyone and really tapped into what we had asked for. When we met with him to review our musical selections before the wedding, he provided really helpful feedback to make sure that our party was organized as best as it could be and to make sure everything went off without a hitch. He really is an expert at what he does and my main recommendation is to put all of your trust in this man and let him "do his thing!" He will make sure that your party is everything you could ask for and more! One of the things I really liked about his style is that he does in fact mix live, meaning the transitions between songs are smooth and Never abrupt. He was mixing Pitbull with Salsa music and created really awesome and unique beats that you wouldn't get anywhere else. He dropped the bass where it needed to be dropped and played those slow songs and line dances in all the right places. I don't care what your musical style is, Just let Miles know and he will deliver a musical smorgasbord that you cannot get enough of. He even had our wait staff out on the dance floor at the end of the night, which is something I will never forget. In summary Miles is the best!