33 Reviews for Templeton Landing

Furniture (1)
Lighting (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
33 Templeton Landing Reviews

My husband and I had one flawless wedding ceremony and reception at Templeton Landing!! We worked with Amber Walsh who helped make everything happen for us. The food was exceptional along with the amazing staff. You can’t beat the views being on the waterfront from every room at this venue. The bar selection and staff were awesome too! We have so many excellent memories and are so happy we picked Templeton!

Photo for Templeton Landing Review - Grand ballroom
Profile Picture Ashley, 11/11/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Premium Liquor, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor, China, Linens, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Outside Vendors, Set Up
4.2

If you had asked me a little over a month ago how I felt about Templeton landing I wouldn't have had many good things to say... We booked the venue a year ago with a coordinator there that we really liked. But she left...and we saw many others come and go, seeming to get worse as we acquired a new one! The worst one left inexplicably a couple weeks before the wedding (which we weren't informed of). At this point I was sure the wedding would be an expensive mess. But out of nowhere we got Amber Walsh who completely turned everything around. She was competent and answered every question. She decorated the room flawlessly. She is amazing. Our wedding was so perfect. Thank you Amber. I hope they keep you happy there!

Profile Picture katie, 10/13/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Indoor, Parking, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings
4.2

My husband and I were engaged for just over a year and booked Templeton for our big day only a month or two after we got engaged. Over the year of planning there was a large amount of turnover and we went through a total of 5 different coordinators. Our 4th coordinator left 2 weeks before our wedding and I was not contacted by Templeton to inform me of this. There was much left unplanned when the last person left and I was incredibly worried that the day would not pan out. I can thankfully say that they proved my fears wrong. Our 5th and final coordinator was Amber Walsh. She came in to the game with less than 2 weeks to go and pulled it off without a hitch. She was attentive and resolved all minor issues we encountered flawlessly. The food was incredible and our guests raved about it the entire night, and the room was decorated to perfection. The wait staff and team that took over once Amber left for the evening was polite, professional and continued the excellent service until the last guest left. Regardless of our early experience with Templeton, we are so glad we chose to get married there and we would not have changed a thing about the day of. We are grateful to everyone that put in so much work to make the day as amazing as it was.

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/1/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Clean Up, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

I booked our wedding October 2015 through a wedding show they had. I fell in love with the Skyline room and the water view. I fortunately was offered a deal I could not refuse. During the time from booking and our event, there were staff changes and delay in communication. However, at the end it was pulled off beyond my expectations. I was worried through all the things I read on facebook. Yet, now I am proof...it will all work out and be beautiful. I was actually upgraded to the upper terrace for our ceremony. It was spacious and beautiful. All the staff involved made it a beautiful day despite trying to run the regular restaurant and our event. The food was amazing. We had asked for hot sauce to be put on each table. Well, guests unfortunately did not read my posted menu, as they mixed it up thinking it was french dressing. That still did not deter them from enjoying the rest of their meal. We ordered the steak in the grass and champagne chicken. All afternoon, people were telling us what a wonderful time they had.

Profile Picture Lori, 7/2/17, 18 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cash Bar, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I had a GREAT experience working with Templeton Landing for our wedding! Jennifer was awesome, and had every detail worked out and organized for us. Several of our guests commented that it was the best wedding food that they had ever had, and we agree! Beautiful location and very flexible with our needs and wants. Definitely recommend.

Profile Picture Katherine, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Bartender(s)

Templeton was absolutely amazing. From the first contacts through the reception, they were there to help with everything. Our guests complemented the service, the location, and of course the views. Thank you for making our special day so unforgettable!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/6/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Allison was a great planner and very responsive to any questions I had! The venue is beautiful and the food was great!

Profile Picture User5219692, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Clean Up, Set Up, Parking, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

We used Templeton Landing for our rehearsal dinner party in June. Fortunately we had great weather and were able to take advantage of the beautiful patio on the water (in addition to the room were reserved). Everyone enjoyed the venue, atmosphere, and food/drink. Would highly recommend to anyone inquiring!

Profile Picture Erica, 6/4/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Buffet, Dessert, Stations, Furniture, Lighting, Chairs, Tables, Set Up

We couldn't have been happier with our reception at Templeton Landing! We couldn't believe how beautiful the room looked set up and how it all came together. Alison was wonderful to work with and her and her staff were accommodating to any ideas or issues that came up. Our guests have commented on how good the food was and how great the service was. I would highly recommend Templeton Landing.

Profile Picture Jamie , 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Parking, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Clean Up, Set Up

Templeton landing is a beautiful location for a wedding. Beautiful water views inside the reception space and having the option for the ceremony on the terrace was great. Alison was amazing to work with. She was very helpful and knowledgeable and made the entire planning process stress free. She definitly helped my wedding vision come to life. The food was AMAZING and the service was great. I absolutely have only the best things to say about Templeton landing and would definitely recommend them.

Profile Picture Svetlana, 10/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Templeton Landing and are so happy we chose them as a venue.
Since we booked the venue (just about 2 years ago), we've worked with Jennifer for all of our questions, details, etc. and she's been a great help through it all. I realized looking back at our email trail, that we exchanged just about 200 emails between our initial contact and the day before the wedding! She answered every little question we had, let us bounce ideas off of her, and was always so helpful and personable through the process... She is really great to work with!

We dropped off a lot of our decor items and had a final walkthrough the day before the wedding. Both Alison and Jennifer went through everything with us and really gave us a comfort level that everything would come together perfectly...and it did!

It rained on and off as our ceremony on the rooftop was about to start and both Jennifer and Alison were WONDERFUL, pulling out some of our decor from the rain to save it, keeping us in the loop of what was going on, and coordinating everyone when it was time to try to beat the rain and start the ceremony. All in all, the ceremony was perfect - It is a gorgeous view of the city and water from the rooftop, and a really great outdoor ceremony option.

We had our reception in the Skyline room and it was beautiful. They nailed the set-up and presentation on all of the decor items we brought in the day before and everything was set up perfectly.... Exactly how I had envisioned it and explained it. We received so many compliments about the food. The portions were huge and everything tasted great. The staff was wonderful as well - We received a number of compliments from our guests on how friendly and attentive the staff were, and how they seemed to be having a good time themselves. We are so happy with our experience and highly recommend this as a venue!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/19/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Clean Up, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Open Bar, House Liquor, Dance Floor, Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access

Alison was amazingly helpful. She took all of our ideas and helped us make them a reality. As an out of town bride I very much appreciated her suggestions, help in finding vendors, and attention to detail. Our reception was beautiful.

Profile Picture Carrie, 9/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything for the big day was absolute perfection. I helped my sister plan her wedding and everything here was over the top. Amazing ballroom, perfect tables, amazing staff and delicious food. I have to say that it was the perfect day. The weather, the view, everything. This staff is spectacular. For a weeding like this I would have expected it to cost much more, what an amazing value. Thank you all so much.

Profile Picture User5459445, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Chairs, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet

We love the beautiful location of Templeton and frequently go on the weekend for appetizers and a cocktail. The decision of where to have our wedding was a no brainer!! We were lucky to find an August date open this year. It was meant to be!

We had our wedding on the Skyline patio and the weather was great! Thankfully the wicked storm past entirely the night before!
From the first meeting, and throughout the entire planning process, it was easy! Alison Potter is on her game - the best banquet manager ever! She knows her "stuff"!!

We received many compliments about how great the appetizers and meals were - the best wedding food they ever had!! The bartenders were great - very friendly and accommodating. Everyone had a great time at the wedding - thanks in part to the staff at Templeton - thank you!

We went back one week later to relax and enjoy the DJ and great weather. Alison broke away from her busy day and stopped to chat with us. We mentioned we didn't get to enjoy the delicious stuffed mushrooms during our cocktail hour (our guests wanted the recipe!!). Alison came back with a plate of stuffed mushrooms that the chef made special for us!! Now that as going above & beyond!! The mushrooms were awesome!!

I would not hesitate to book a wedding at Templeton Landing!!

Profile Picture User5384007, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff was just phenomenal here. From the planning, the setup, the food, and the servers...I couldn't have asked for any more.

Profile Picture caitlin, 8/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My husband and I were married at Templeton Landing on August 1st and were thrilled with the experience. Originally we had planned to marry on the Skyline Patio and move indoors to the Skyline Room for the reception but rain spoiled our plans. Alison Potter and her team quickly transformed the Skyline Room to accommodate our ceremony and it was even better than we imagined (romantic, intimate, beautiful). The staff was outstanding: friendly, accommodating, respectful, and quick.

The food was amazing! Our guests kept telling us how delicious everything was and how pleasantly surprised they were by the meal since wedding meals usually aren't great. If for nothing else, book Templeton Landing for the food.

When we were planning the wedding I had a vision for long farm tables instead of traditional rounds. Even though Templeton Landing had not done a wedding in that format before, they were flexible and quick to move forward with the plan and it looked great.

Customer service was great, too. There was a billing error the week leading up to the wedding and Alison quickly resolved the issue and made amends with some complimentary items to make up for the error.

We were so glad to be married at Templeton Landing!

Profile Picture Angeline, 8/1/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely amazing!! Templeton and Jen were so easy to work with. Every minute was customized to fit us perfectly. Jen went above and beyond with my non-stop emails and requests. From the patio to the ballroom, everything was beautiful. Friends and family are still raving over the AMAZING food! And in their words, it wasn't just good "wedding food," it was good gourmet food! I couldn't have imagined a better day. Thank you so much Templeton!

Profile Picture Andrea, 7/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, House Liquor, Signature Drink, Outside Alcohol, Valet, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables

Everything was absolutely perfect!! They were so easy to work with and the room looked amazing on our special day!

Profile Picture cate, 6/27/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Venue was amazing. Staff was very helpful and professional. Food was phenomenal!!!!!

Profile Picture Julie, 6/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

We had our wedding in May, and could not have asked for a better day or reception location! From the grand ballroom of Templeton Landing to the upstairs rooftop patio, it was truly spectacular! We had our cocktail hour up on the roof, where guests were served our signature drink and enjoyed the open bar. Afterwards, guests were ushered down into the grand ballroom for food and dancing the rest of the evening.

Upon arriving, only my husband and I were allowed to peak inside the grand ballroom to see it fully decorated. I couldn't have imagined it turning out any more beautifully! Our guests had nothing but good things to say about Templeton, and the rooftop bar overlooking the Buffalo waterfront was something that really sets this location apart from the rest. We really owe the experience to Alison Potter, the Director of Catering and the rest of her staff!

There were only a few minor flaws. There was some confusion in terms of what needed to be provided from us in terms of guests meals, as we did a sit-down dinner. A few of the guests, at least at the head table, did not get what they at least claimed they had ordered on their response card. But overall, the food was delicious and everyone enjoyed their meal! Also, it had been our understanding that the rooftop bar would be open for the evening. However, it seemed to close after the end of the cocktail hour. However, it really was not an issue and plenty of selection in the ballroom bar! In the end, it was probably a good thing anyway, to keep all of the guests together and on the dance floor.

Profile Picture User4049247, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
4.7

Alison was easy to work with She went out of her way to help make the day the way the bride and groom wanted it Beautiful location and venue

Profile Picture User5138583, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our August 2014 wedding here and I would highly recommend Templeton Landing as a wedding venue if you are getting married in Buffalo, NY! As far as location, it doesn't get any better than this place! We had our ceremony and cocktail hour upstairs on the patio overlooking the boats and the harbor with the city skyline in the background.

Our reception was in the Grand Ballroom which was decorated perfectly. Our guests are still raving about the food (I know that is a HUGE concern when choosing a venue). Alison and her banquet staff were so helpful throughout the entire planning process (and always timely to respond to any questions we had). The day of the wedding everything went smoothly and I have to attribute that to the awesome staff at Templeton Landing.

I could not have been more pleased with our overall experience and I would definitely encourage you to consider Templeton Landing for your wedding if you haven't already... This place books fast!

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/15/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter recently had her wedding reception there and I have to say the service was excellent. I am a worrier and therefore was worried however I could not have asked more any better service. They accommodated us I every way. Throughout the entire reception they would touch base with us to check if everything was going as expected and if anything more could be done. Anytime I asked for anything (more coffee etc), it was taken care of. Allison and Jessica could not have been more helpful and professional! Great to work with! Thank you templeton and staff!!

Profile Picture rita, 7/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Templeton landing was a wonderful venue for our wedding. We had the ceremony directly on the patio outside of our room right on the water. We had the reception in the skyline room which was beautiful and perfect for the amount of people we had which was 90. Everything was well put together and beautifully done! I would highly recommend to anyone planning a wedding

Profile Picture Christine, 7/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Such beautiful views, and the food was awesome! Everyone helped to make our day awesome, they set up my centerpieces and favors just as I imagined!

Profile Picture User3298712, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews