Team Sayles Music & Lighting Reviews

75 | Boston, MA

75 Reviews for Team Sayles Music & Lighting

Rosemary Tyler · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing team! Best decision!!

Team Sayles exceeded our expectations! During the stress of wedding planning, they put our minds at ease and most importantly joy and excitement on our wedding day. Julian knew exactly what we wanted even when put it into words. Plus, so may people complimented the music and the ambiance. Our guests danced ALL NIGHT! Both Julians and Janim was amazing. They kept everything on track and kept the day running smoothly. Having Team Sayles be a part of our wedding was the best decision we made!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Marie · Married on 11/30/2018

We hired Team Sayles for our 10 years wedding anniversary party. Our guests really enjoyed themselves and the music was a big part of that success. Julian was really good at planning music that fits my husband and I personal taste while also adapting to the crowd's age, mood and taste.
    The whole process was easy and straight forward. Julian was very responsive from beginning to end and was a pleasure to do business with. Do yourself a favor and hire him for your next event!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

Your family was so amazing!! It was a great time. To many more years of love.
  • Georgina

Georgina · Married on 10/13/2018

Team Sayles is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

Julian and his wife MADE the reception! He listened to absolutely everything we wanted and delivered above and beyond!
    The lighting was so gorgeous when I saw it at our venue during our consultation I started to cry. I had no idea how much lighting can enhance a space and Julian truly is an expert.

The entire process is SO easy! Team Sayles provides a portal where you can do everything (map out the entire day, what songs you want when, literally everything!) You can even make your payments on the portal.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Team Sayles, from our gracious and wonderful MC (Julian's wife), their attention to detail, and the fact that everyone (young and old) was on the dance floor the entire evening.

Thank you for making my dreams come true, and helping us throw one heck of a party people are still gushing about!!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

I can’t stop think about how much fun we had the whole night. This was a celebration from being to end. And we are excited we were there to make such great memrories and you the family.
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 10/05/2018

Amazing experience with team sayles!

TEAM SAYLES WERE INCREDIBLE! Julian and Janim were absolutely wonderful to work with from the very beginning. They are both warm, professional and put up with my millions of questions throughout my year and half engagement 🤗 On our wedding day we got so many compliments on the music selections and Janim was a wonderful MC. My husband and I really appreciated the authenticity that Team Sayles brings as well, not your typical “hype man” DJ and MC, which is really what we wanted to avoid. Our wedding day was perfect and this was in part due to the packed dance floor that Team Sayles made happen. Would absolutely recommend!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Annie · Married on 09/15/2018

Team Sayles was amazing! Super responsive and went out of their way to help us. For example, although they were only hired to DJ our reception, they went ahead and lent us their speakers (at no extra charge) for our rehearsal dinner!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

Annie! I didn’t realize you had all those dance moves. When I dropped Macklemore the dance floor erupted. What an amazing night!!

Emily · Married on 09/08/2018

Team Sayles is the best you are going to find! Julian and Janim are professionals that know how to bring the party. From the start of the planning process to the day of they were readily available and made you feel like you were their only client. Our guests never left the dance floor all night! Not only did they all comment on how amazing our DJ team was so did the catering staff and our other on site vendors. We opted to use the starry night detail on the ceiling of our tent which was a really fun extra touch.

Sent on 10/01/2018

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

That dance floor was rocking all night long! From intros to the last song your guests didn’t want to stay in theirs seats.!! What and amazing night.

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2018

Julian and Jamin did an amazing job at our wedding. They were able to keep the ceremony and reception flowing smoothly despite one aunt trying to add a dollar dance at the minute. They played music for all generations and kept the dance floor moving all night long. They even got another aunt to start a Congo line with her walker! We had a great time and would recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ. They will bring the party for the whole group!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

Sarah the congo line was the highlight of the night. WOW!! Your guests were showing off all their best moves. So much FUN!!

Christie · Married on 07/14/2018

Julian and his wife were amazing at every step! They were extremely responsive to our questions from the beginning and made an effort to setup meetings to speak with us about our thoughts and wishes for our wedding. He was flexible when we asked him if we could share Spotify playlists with him in order for him to get a sense of the vibe we wanted for each part of the wedding. He took all of our feedback and made the evening the best night of our life. Music was our number 1 priority because my husband and I love to dance and had grown tired of all of the normal “wedding music.” Julian took that idea and ran with it. We loved every song he played and many of our guests said it was the best DJ they had ever heard. I had really wanted to get a live band for the wedding, but I’m so happy we chose Julian instead. His wife comes with him to the wedding and she was such a help and allowed him to just focus on playing great songs. Thanks so much for such a wonderful night! You can’t go wrong with Julian Sayles!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

I wish I had video of the dance off between you Mike. That was such a classic moment. We are still talking about how spectacular that entire night was. We wish you all the best!!

Karamba · Married on 05/05/2018

Beat team in the biz!

Team Sayles did a wonderful job of listening to us and matching our vibe, both before and during our wedding day. They answered all of our questions during the consultation with empathy and asked questions we would have never thought of. On the wedding day, complicated setups for sound we’re done perfectly by Julian, while Janim was a ringleader for not only is and our families, but all of the vendors as well.
    Julian was impeccable as a DJ, picking the right songs at the right times and mixing flawlessly. I would absolutely recommend them for any type of wedding.

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 05/05/2018

Thoughtful, organized, fun and easy!

Team Sayles knocked it out of the park for our wedding weekend - we hired them to manage sound for our 3-day barn-style formal country wedding, and they didn't miss a beat. All communications were professional, prompt, encouraging, and kept us on track to not be stressed during the actual wedding. They are a great team and approach topics from all angles. Julian integrated all of our sound and music requests into an incredible experience, and Janim kept the flow going, helped me manage our timeline, jumped in and helped us navigate family portraits during the reception, while Julian kept the party going. They had helpful recommendations based on a wealth of experience in all different types of weddings from super traditional to very creative. They provided the sound system, mics, and sound management for our ceremony and the live band that performed when I walked down the aisle. Honestly once they showed up at the wedding venue, I don't think we had to answer a single question from them - which was such a relief while getting bombarded with a million questions coming from every direction. They were prepared, super organized, knew how to navigate the venue and work with other vendors, and helped us have an awesome dance party. We would hire them again in a heart beat!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Claire · Married on 03/31/2018

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. Julian and Janim are the dream team! They made sure they knew exactly what we wanted ahead of the big day and kept detailed correspondence with us, then they got all of our guests on the dance floor all night! Thank you so much for making this very important day for us even more fun than we could have imagined!!!!

Sent on 04/09/2018

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

Claire thank you so much for your kind words. We wanted you and Jarod to have the best send off. I try not to get too emotional but it was so hard, not to feel overwhelmed with joy for that encore dance. Best finale of 2018.

Thomas · Married on 03/17/2018

Team Sayles was incredible. From the moment that we had our phone interview with them we new that they were going to MC our wedding. Look no further than this powerful couple to captivate you and your guests. They are worth EVERY penny!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

Thomas! Thank you so much for your kind words. We wanted nothing but the best experience for you, Jess and all your guests. We appreciate you, and wish you and the wife, the best on your journey together.

Jessica · Married on 03/17/2018

Team Sayles was amazing. From the moment we contacted them to inquire about their services we were impressed by their professionalism, friendliness, and expertise. Our goal was to have everyone on the dance floor the entire night, so watching our guests start dancing the night away before dinner was served was incredible. We cannot thank Julian and Janim enough and recommend them to everyone. If you dont utilize TeamSayles for your wedding you will be missing out!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

This is exactly the way we wanted to start off the wedding season. We enjoyed every minute with you and your family. And the secret toast was epic, by “$Bill”.

Erica · Married on 10/21/2017

Team Sayles was incredible! Every change, hiccup or twist that occurred they we able to keep on top of it! They were hands down our favorite vendor to deal with, and most responsive. No matter the event I don’t think that I could recommend them highly enough, and I haven’t even mentioned the music! The mixes were great and we always had people energetically on the dance floor, and any song we asked for they were able to play! If you’re looking for a DJ just stop and talk to Team Sayles!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

What an amazing night! It all came together perfectly. The transformation was incredible. Your parents were so sweet and you can definitely see the love.

Nicholas · Married on 09/09/2017

Julian is a very talented DJ. But what sets him apart, is that he is a good and honest man. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

Nick! It was a beautiful wedding, honored to have been able to make the night a dream come true.

Amanda · Married on 09/09/2017

Team Sayles made my wedding day a dream come true. In an interracial wedding it is more of a challenge to find music that includes everyone but Julian was able to have everyone on the dance floor regardless of age or race. Things weren't running the way they were suppose to on my wedding day but Julian and his wife were quick on their feet and made the arrangements necessary to change plans and act quickly. Lastly, everything was smooth, timing was perfect, speeches were made on time, everyone stayed on track. Having them on my team, on my wedding day, took away all the stress that I could have otherwise endured. The value was perfect, the lighting was exactly what I asked for, I could not be happier. Thank you guys, my wedding was perfect!

Sent on 10/29/2017

ED · Married on 06/10/2017

They did a fantastic job they gave a flawless presentation with the lights and music and made transitions through the night that were well timed and was very detailed .

Sent on 10/12/2017

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to celebrate your special day with you.

Karlenis · Married on 06/10/2017

Where to begin??? Team Sayles gives you an overabundance of confidence in their work that you forget you have to fill in the details. Although they do weddings year round, your wedding is special and they make it their sole duty to deliver a flawless execution of your event. Julian's level of professionalism and keen eye for details set him aside from others in the industry. It may be a detail you don't think it's important but Team Sayles will pay attention...Team Sayles makes sure everyone's name is prounouced correctly and that all those who have a role are very much aware and lined up ready for their cue to be in the spotlight. Team Sayles did an amazing job at feeling out the crowd in order to know what song to transition to and when to keep things hyped and when to tune it down. Our dance floor was packed until the last minutes of our night!! Thank you Team Sayles, our wedding would not have been the same without your details, efforts, care, and execution!!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity make your night a dream come true.

Luis · Married on 02/13/2017

Team Sayles provided lighting for my music video. I had a very positive experience with Julian who helped me visualize the scenes for my video production. Team Sayles provided state of the art lighting in the ceiling, walls, and behind the bar. I was particularly impressed with his ability to choose light that fit the particular sentiment in the scenes. The light reds brought out the passion and the blues brought out the relaxation. I recommend Team Sayles for music and lighting. Thank you Team Sayles for helping my vision become a reality.

-Luis Castillo
    [Loue Musica]

Sent on 04/12/2017

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

I even made the video!! The is for the opportunity to do what I love.

Molly · Married on 09/24/2016

I don't even know where to start. Julian and Janim are without a doubt THE reason our day and night was such a success. The whole process of booking, planning and executing the entertainment through Team Sayles was easy, accommodating and professional. Oh, and a BLAST! Julian keeps you so organized throughout the process, making life so easy for a busy bride. He creates a personalized portal to help keep you on track with music selection, add-ons, contract and payments (good for someone like me who leaves everything to the last minute). He checks in periodically and is very responsive to emails/calls. All team members are such friendly, easy going, sweet people who know the industry and know it well. We included lighting and slideshows in our package, which was such a special touch to the evening and so elegantly done. J and J keep it laid back, yet professional. They worked with the other vendors easily and flawlessly. Janim executed the emcee role perfectly. She also keeps tabs on you throughout the whole night, making sure you're not getting overwhelmed, ensuring that you are aware with whats going on and that you are having fun. I felt like she was my "wedding mom". Also, they put on a killer after party and played music until 2am (due to our venue agreement)- making it an insanely long night for them, but seriously made the night for us. I was so happy. J, J and their team looked like they were having a good time the whole night too- which makes the whole vibe better. I could go on and on. They were able to execute the ceremony music and sound system without any issues! No static, weird microphone glitches, or speaker problems. Absolutely professional and flawless. I could go on and on. Book Team Sayles! They are so deserving of the business, positive reviews and continued success. Love you guys! Thank you!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

Molly we could not have asked for a more perfect couple to work with. You and Garrett made it easy from start to finish. Can't wait to go to Chop!!

Amy · Married on 09/17/2016

Team Sayles DJ'd our wedding this past September at the Bourne Farm in Cape Cod, MA. They were AWESOME, I really can't say enough about how great this duo was!! From the beginning, Julian was extremely responsive via email and he gave very clear instructions on how and when to provide him the information he needed. Their online portal system was super easy to use and kept all of our information very organized. Within a few weeks of the wedding, Julian and I spent about an hour on the phone going through wedding logistics. Julian was calm, friendly and thorough which instantly put me at ease. On the day of the wedding, both Julian and Janim made it a point to introduce themselves to me and my wedding party. Throughout the evening, Janim was an incredible host- well spoken, professional, and enthusiastic. Julian NAILED the song selections. Both of them did a great job of reading the crowd and were both flexible with any changes presented throughout the night. I can't thank them enough, they really made our reception that much better. Our guests begged them to stay!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

Amy we know from the beginning this wedding would be a party from start to end. The unique intro with all the guest on the dance floor really set the tone for the entire night. We even go to enjoy a performance from one of the guests!

Chris · Married on 09/10/2016

Thank you Julian & Janim! To anyone considering Team Sayles for their wedding day entertainment, you could not make a better choice. Julian put together a fantastic set working with my wife and I. He took the time to understand our music tastes and put together something special and memorable, along with being very accommodating to last minute changes. Also, the uplighting he suggested for us was the perfect choice, and really brought together our room. And Janim was wonderful with the wedding party, ensuring everyone knew the plan, and were enthusiastic and ready for our entrance and dances. This dynamic duo is great, 5 stars!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

Thank you so much, it truly was an amazing night. We had an awesome time with all the wonderful friends and family in attendance.

Tyler · Married on 08/20/2016

Truly excellent and professional duo! We were beyond satisfied and really cannot recommend Team Sayles enough! They made the wedding!

Sent on 09/04/2016

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

Tyler thank you bringing Team Sayles along for the ride. We enjoyed every minute of it.

Cristina & Gil · Married on 08/14/2016

Julian took the time to meet us and discuss our music tastes as well as share some stories. He had a great response time when answering emails. We appreciated his professionalism. Everyone had a great time!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

By far the best surprise performance by a groom all year. Gil you nailed it! Hats off to you both.
  • helena

helena · Married on 07/03/2016

One of the first vendors we started looking for after getting engaged was the DJ. We wanted someone who would not only care about the music, but also care about us as a couple and want to make our wedding personable and reflect us. We figured this search would take a while, so we started a full year and a half before our day. Imagine my surprise when we met our first DJ and hit it off so well we immediately knew that was it.
    Julian is kind, warm, funny, and really listens to what you want your day to be like. Every little detail is meticulously thought out and gone over. His attention to detail is amazing and he is so fun to work with. His response time to e-mails/texts/calls is amazing. One night I e-mailed him at 11pm, he responded at 4am. You can just tell he cares about you and his work.
    While working on our picture music videos, Julian would constantly send me updates, ask what I thought, listened to my tweaks and edits, assured me I wasn’t being annoying or overly obsessive. You can tell how much he loves what he does.
    Janim in a wonderful huge part of Team Sayles as well. She made sure to go over pronunciations of all of our wedding party before the grand entrance. Think that’s not a big thing? I’ve been to so many weddings where people are mispronounced and you are sitting there thinking “wait, that’s not right…”. Like I said, with Team Sayles every little detail is thought of and gone over beforehand.
    The night of the wedding couldn’t have been more fun, and I know a gigantic part of that is due to Team Sayles. Julian felt the crowd out and if something wasn’t working, he could alter a song and change it to something that would. The dancing never stopped. Janim handled the event seamlessly (even when the father of the groom surprised us all by pulling out an accordion) and made everything transition smoothly. Our guests loved the videos and the music. If you are looking for a DJ with heart and a true passion for weddings- go with Team Sayles!

Sent on 07/23/2016

Team Sayles Music & Lighting's reply:

Helena & Josh you are both amazing people! We are still talking about how much fun we had at your wedding. You both made the entire experience easy and had a wedding vision that we were able to bring to life. This is the reason why we love what we do, sharing in that special moment with you both makes all those late nights worth it. Even sending those emails at 2am. Thank you so much for choosing Team Sayles.