104 Reviews for Team DJ

Flat Screen (1)
Photobooth (1)
Projector (1)
104 Team DJ Reviews

Had a fantastic variety of music that everyone enjoyed, fantastic MC and kept the party going all night. He also kept us up to date on anything we needed, adjusted our timeline as needed and was just all around amazing!

Profile Picture Emily, 1/27/18, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had our wedding on 8/19 at the High Line, and Team Dj did an exelent job keeping the dance floor packed all night! Perfect song choices for dinner and dancing!! So many people came to us telling how much they enjoyed the evening and saying the music was perfect! We would definetely recommend it and hire them again for future events.

Profile Picture Joa & Zach , 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Todd of Team DJ did a fabulous job DJing our wedding and reception! Hiring a top-notch DJ was a top priority because I knew the DJ would be responsible for “running the show” and I wanted to ensure our guests had a great time. When searching for vendors, I asked my parents what they liked about a wedding they had attended recently and they immediately said the DJ had been excellent, so I contacted the bride who also was very happy with Team DJ. Todd’s advice and online tool made selecting our songs fun and easy. Before the wedding he was very responsive in thoroughly answering our questions. At the reception he perfectly emceed the event and said all of the comments we had requested. We are a middle-age couple so most of our friends and relatives I’m sure hadn’t been out dancing in years, but they were all drawn to the dance floor and had a great time. Many DJ’s love to hear themselves talk and be the center of attention, but thankfully not Todd. He read the crowd and made sure we and our guests were the focus. We also hired a photo booth through Team DJ, which we all greatly enjoyed. The photo booth was great fun during the cocktail hour and reception. Everyone who participated and those who watched were laughing their heads off and we have the photos from the photo booth to remember it. I can’t say enough positive things about Team DJ!

Profile Picture Molly, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We just had our wedding last weekend, 7-22-17 and they did a great job, the party and dancing was a big succcess and fun!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/22/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones
0.6

For a wedding that otherwise had gone perfectly, team DJ ruined what parts we could never get back. In addition to being inflexible and not allowing our videographer to plug into their sound system to record toasts to dictating when things happened out of the planned order and forcing the bride and groom into a timeline that was not agreed-upon, this was the worst experience of an otherwise perfect weekend. Responsiveness was horrible. Months and weeks ahead of time no response and three days before they expected all kinds of immediacy for something that could have been planned way in advance. Would never ever ever in 1 million years recommend anybody from Team DJ again. Make sure you understand the person you talk to me not be your DJ. It is basically a sub contracting group that has no control over the quality of what these so-called professionals provide. Huge disappointment!

Profile Picture M, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Todd was the DJ for our wedding on June 17, and he was wonderful! We loved being able to plan in advance using the website, and Todd was able to get all of the songs we needed for the wedding. He kept the energy up at the reception and everyone had blast! I would definitely recommend using TEAM DJ for any of your future events.

Profile Picture Katherine, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had the best experience with Todd being our DJ at our wedding. He did a great job with sticking to the kind of songs we wanted played and making sure people stayed out on the dance floor. He really made our wedding have a great flow from start to finish.

Profile Picture Gina, 5/6/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

We used team DJ for our July wedding in Columbus. We were planning our wedding from Pittsburgh so we didn't get to meet our DJ before the event but everything was taken care of and there were no issues. John was very professional and kept everything g running smoothly. My only critique is that he should update his song book to Nclude more current artists. My daughters requested several songs that he couldn't play.

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/23/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

I had an amazing experience with TEAM DJ for our wedding reception. Todd, the owner, was excellent at making sure everything would be exactly what we wanted in advance, and Kyle, our DJ, was awesome. During the reception, he did a great job of introducing everything, he played the kind of music we wanted, and everyone had a wonderful time. TEAM DJ also showed a few videos and put together a slideshow of images that we wanted displayed. The services exceeded our expectations, and we heartily thank Todd and Kyle for everything!

Profile Picture Apryl, 5/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System

Clay was great! He was organized and really easy to work with! He made the night perfect! Thank you Clay!

Profile Picture Jamie, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

Our venue recommended this DJ service and we couldn't have picked a better one ourselves! So easy to work with, choose songs, make a timeline, and overall great to work with.

Profile Picture Larysa, 10/16/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Damon was great as MC and DJ. If you use their online tools, there is no way you can go wrong.

Profile Picture User5531330, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

TEAM DJ was wonderful to work with for our wedding. They actually contracted out John Curry, from Shamrock Sounds, to provide services for our evening. He was also amazing. TEAM DJ was very communicative, affordable, and came highly recommended from our venue. They did not disappoint. I loved their website, where we were able to create an interactive timeline of events and make lists of songs to both play and not play. It made music selection so simple. I highly, highly recommend TEAM DJ for your next event!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/10/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

John Curry was our DJ. He met up with me (the bride) a week or two before the wedding to go over all the details I had submitted online. During the reception the groom decided to change up many of the songs and the DJ changed everything over smoothly and without a problem. Couldn't have asked for better. Good quality, responsive, professional, flexible = FANTASTIC!

Profile Picture User5517782, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Sound/PA System

Overall Team DJ was very easy to work with and provided a good service. They were very responsive and we had no trouble getting ahold of anyone. Although we talked briefly about it in our meeting, I probably should have made it more clear that we didn't want ANY explicit songs played as there were a few songs that I think offended some of our guests because of the cursing. They did switch the names of two of our bridesmaids and groomsmen when they did the grand entrance, but other than that, it was the only hiccup.

Profile Picture User4558329, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
1.1

We used Team DJ because they were the best price, and Todd specifically had good reviews on here. I was thoroughly disappointed with Todd's demeanor and attitude - he was highly unprofessional. Apparently, when you are interviewing them to decide vendors, they are extremely nice and are very responsive. But after you pay your deposit, they completely forget who you are. I didn't hear from Todd again after I booked for at least 4-5 months (as he neglected to respond to any of my emails asking questions about timing and song choices). Then when I finally got ahold of him over the phone, he didn't know who I was, and had an attitude with me and made it VERY clear that they don't work on any details until a month out because they do weddings every single weekend. Which is interesting, because so do ALL of the other vendors I worked with, and they all were very professional with positive attitudes. When we finally met in person with him a month out from the wedding, he had the same arrogant attitude in person. He lacked any personable nature and was very negative the entire meeting. Then, I called him a few days before the wedding and wanted to discuss timing for when he would arrive at the venue and begin setting up. I requested that he come earlier than we had originally talked about because it would allow him to be set up before guests arrived (which would be 2 hours before he started playing music). Todd got upset, interrupted me, and made sure I knew that they did not EVER show up more than an hour ahead of time because "that's not how they do things." He was extremely rude, and it got to the point where I actually had to tell him that I didn't appreciate him speaking to me like that. Todd was unprofessional, difficult to work with, and arrogant to me and my (now) husband, as well as to the bridal party on the day of the wedding. I would not recommend this company at all.

Profile Picture Alyss, 8/15/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Team DJ was one of the best vendors and parts of my wedding. They were very reasonably priced, as I had booked them to come to the Bluestone, with whom they have a discounted price. I didn't hear for a while who my DJ was going to be until I had to reach out myself (this is why I only gave them 4 stars on responsiveness.) We were assigned to Mark, who was new to Team DJ. This severely freaked me out, because I like to have people vetted for before moving forward with them. BUT, Mark was amazing. He just got it. He understood what was important to me and my family, and even played a TON of Ohio State songs (Carmen Ohio. Hang On Sloopy) when he realized 3/4 of our friends were OSU grads. He also was so flexible with my dad, who had written and recorded his own song as a surprise for our father/daughter dance without my knowledge. He was professional and worked with with the other people coordinating the day. Thank you so much, Mark! We all loved you!

Profile Picture User4183043, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Helped keep our wedding schedule on track. However I did not have a maid of honor(she bailed about a week before the wedding) and the DJ announced one of the brides maids as the maid of honor even after being notified about the change. Also one of the grooms names was mispronounced even when it was reviewed with the DJ prior to the wedding.

Profile Picture Lynn, 2/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had Clayton as our DJ and he was very personable and professional! He kept the party going all night and did a fantastic job. There was one minor hiccup with our timeline (when to do the first dance), but we recovered quickly and easily and literally no one noticed. Seriously not a big deal at all. He took requests from our guests, played probably all of our requests (I mean, I was dancing pretty much all night, so it must have been good stuff!), and even played some special songs that were big hits, and got everyone on the dance floor. He was awesome. Thanks, Clay!

Profile Picture Justine, 10/10/14, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Book Todd Jones now! I could not be happier with our DJ. Our night got a little off track due to some last minute changes and Todd helped to keep us on track for the night. He was always very professional and his music selection and timing made for a joyous occasion that people were talking about for weeks. All I had to do was make my music selections online, meet with him for an hour, and he took care of the rest. When you are meeting with multiple people the month before the wedding, it is helpful to have a DJ can be so efficient and flexible. The way I see it, your DJ helps run the show and it is worth looking into and paying for team DJ. And they are very affordable. I would not go with any other DJ.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 10/4/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Team DJ was an incredible company to work with. At first we were a little hesitant because we were set up with a new DJ in their roster. However, the company later decided to provide us with one of their long running employees and it was wonderful! Michael A. did a fantastic job! He was funny and professional. He even, perfectly, looped my processional song when it ran a little longer than planned. He played all of the music we asked for, some provided by us, some from their selection. He did a great job and we're definitely pleased we went with TeamDJ.

Profile Picture User1399208, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Team DJ was easy to work with and very affordable. John Rose was our DJ. He was very responsive to phone calls and Skyped with us for our meeting since we were planning an out-of-town wedding. He was very flexible with our set up -- he used a small sound system in one space for our ceremony, then moved the small sound system to the area we ate dinner, and then set up a larger system in the space we had the ceremony in because we returned there for dancing. He provided a microphone for our officiant. He did an excellent job of keeping to our timeline, but was also flexible if we stated we wanted to wait another 15 minutes before moving on to the next part of the night. He made announcements and gave our guests reminders throughout the night per our request as well. After announcing us for our first dance, the music did not start for close to two minutes, but he was able to fix the connection and the rest of the night went smoothly! We had almost 4 hours allowed for dancing after dinner and he kept people on the dance floor until the very end!

Profile Picture User3779812, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Todd with Team DJ was so great to work with. He was always easy to communicate with via phone and willing to meet in various places to review things ie slide show and song list, even at last minute. He kept the party going and our guests dancing. He also got the name of everyone in our entire wedding party's name pronounced correctly, which was very impressive as they were definitely some tricky ones! This shows how much attention to detail he does give. Great job team DJ!!

Profile Picture Catherine, 8/2/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Clay was the DJ for our wedding. He was awesome in all respects. We brought him in with just a few weeks weeks left till the big date and he worked hard to make sure everything went very smoothly and accommodated every requirement and ask we had. It was a pleasure having Clay as our wedding DJ and I would recommend his (and Team DJ's) services without reservation.

Profile Picture Sasha, 7/5/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Team DJ made sure the music was a great part of our reception. Clay worked with us to find what we wanted to play, and their online system made things easy to handle.

Profile Picture User4296860, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews