Taylor Rae Photography Reviews

Taylor Rae Photography 6
Taylor Rae Photography 7

Aubrey · Married on 03/07/2019

Best Wedding Photographer in Charleston

Currently trying to find the right words to express how grateful I am for Taylor. Her talent behind the lens paired with her genuine personality is what you need for a wedding day. She makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera by giving you the right direction and captures the most magical, candid moments you will cherish forever. She will make you forget the stresses of the day and remind you to refocus your energy on what's important.

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Christina

Christina F · Married on 09/22/2018

I would hire her a thousand times over

Taylor was absolutely genuine and friendly. Hiring her for our wedding was the best decision we made. Trying to coordinate a wedding from out of state was a challenge but she was responsive to all of my emails and her advice and guidance was invaluable. She is professional with such a warm demeanor you couldn't possibly help but feel comfortable in front of the camera. She is incredibly talented and captures the purest moments. I am the least photogenic person and yet she captured photos that made me feel beautiful. I don't think I'll ever forget and will always sincerely appreciate, her calmness the day of. She helped keep me focused on the small details that in the organized chaos I would have overlooked. She was always kind and patient even when gathering extended family for photos which was similar to herding cats. If I could go back and redo my wedding, I would still 100% hire her to be our wedding photographer. I promise it will be the best decision you make and the one you will never regret. Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/27/2018
    Taylor Rae Photography 8
    Taylor Rae Photography 9
    Taylor Rae Photography 10
    Taylor Rae Photography 11
    Taylor Rae Photography 12

Emily · Married on 04/14/2018

I can't say enough great things about Taylor! Not only did I book Taylor for my wedding, but I also did engagement and bridal portrait sessions. She's super sweet and fun to work with, but most importantly the photos are AMAZING! I could not be happier with how they turned out. She provided plenty of direction for the portraits, but then also captured all the special candid moments. I seriously am in love with the photos, and I am so grateful that I am able to relive the entire day by going through them all. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Brittany · Married on 03/17/2018

Absolutely perfect is the best way to describe Taylor. My boyfriend planned a surprise proposal at Magnolia Plantation and worked with Taylor to capture our perfect moment. The original location did not quite work out due to the number of people at the plantation,however, Taylor was able to act quickly and pretend to be an "amateur" photographer in need of building her portfolio. This had me completely surprised as she directed us towards a more secluded romantic garden on the property. She was able to capture the elusive surprised face as well as the moment of sheer joy when I realized what was going on. Following my "yes!", she guided us around the property taking different poses and really giving us guidance on the different pictures she was taking. The pictures turned out beautifully! Thank you again Taylor for truly being an artist!

Sent on 03/22/2017

Laura · Married on 11/04/2017

AMAZING. One of the best wedding decisions I made was selecting Taylor as our photographer. She is simply the BEST. My husband and I also did an engagement session with her and we were overjoyed with our photos. She also does tasteful boudoir and bridal sessions, that I now wish I would have done with her. Not only is Taylor exceptional in regards to her talents, but she is also an absolute joy to work with. Everyone seems to love to work with her. Originally I was worried that being photographed could seem awkward or intimidating, but Taylor was able to put us at ease and make the photo sessions so much fun! She made my husband and myself feel so comfortable and in our own skins while she was photographing us. At times we forgot she was there! She is so personable and I had other vendors mention how much they love working with her. My family and friends kept commenting how wonderful she was to work with on the wedding day. She is easy going, but also I felt confident in her ability to lead us through the photos that day. I never felt like we were stressed and rushing with our photos. Her timeline was perfect and we were able to capture so many beautiful and stunning photos. I never felt that she missed an opportunity for a good shot. A videographer was not in the budget for us, and I thought I would maybe regret not having one for our special day. I have no regrets now because of Taylor's extraordinary work. It is amazing to me how she managed to capture so many details of that day. We did not need a videographer because of her. Our photos meant so much to us. Taylor was able to create the most beautiful images while at the same time capturing who my husband and I are. You see our personalities through our photos. Not one of our photos seem posed or corny. I would strongly recommend Taylor as a photographer. I cannot praise her talents and her character enough.

Sent on 12/01/2017
    Taylor Rae Photography 13
    Taylor Rae Photography 14
    Taylor Rae Photography 15
    Taylor Rae Photography 16
    Taylor Rae Photography 17
    Taylor Rae Photography 18

Melissa · Married on 10/14/2017

Hiring Taylor to be our photographer was one of the best decisions we made. We met Taylor when she photographed our friends Angie and Brady's wedding back in 2014 and knew once we got engaged in 2016 that we had to hire her for our wedding. Taylor is an absolute pleasure. She gets to know her couples from the initial meeting and makes you feel comfortable immediately. My now husband and I were slightly nervous during our engagement session in October 2016, as we've never had someone professionally photograph us together, and she made us feel at ease and had us laughing most of the session. The results were amazing. We've had so many people tell us how much they loved our engagement photos because they were so "us." In addition to our wedding day, I hired Taylor for a bridal session a month before our October 14, 2017 wedding. It may have been the hottest and most humid day in September and you would have never known based on my portraits. Taylor just made me feel beautiful. Having Taylor there was like having my best friend with me throughout the session. She was giddy when she saw me in my dress and her excitement made me even more excited to be there. I loved my bridal portraits and my mom was overjoyed with them and ordered prints of probably the entire gallery. And of course, on our wedding day, Taylor was incredible. My bridesmaids adored her and I cherish each of the shots from that day so much. I probably look through our wedding photos every day. Taylor captured our personalities so well and, because they are all so great, we still haven't decided which photos to hang on our gallery wall. Taylor is an incredible photographer, and overall, just a wonderful person. I feel so fortunate to have had her come into our lives.

Sent on 12/05/2017
    Taylor Rae Photography 19
    Taylor Rae Photography 20
    Taylor Rae Photography 21
    Taylor Rae Photography 22
    Taylor Rae Photography 23

Lauren · Married on 05/20/2017

Taylor did a beautiful job with our engagement and wedding photos. Her style fit us so perfectly, they are just naturally lovely photos that beautifully captured us, and our family members. Taylor was excellent to work with, friendly, calm, and fun on our wedding day. She was responsive and flexible in the planning process, and we received our photos within a month of our wedding (what a treat!). Photography styles are such a personal choice, if Taylor's photos resonate with you, you will be delighted that you picked Taylor to photograph your wedding!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Stacey · Married on 04/22/2017

My husband and I hired Taylor as our wedding photographer. I can say enough could things about Taylor! She is a fantastic photographer and consistently goes above and beyond for her clients. She has a very upbeat and positive attitude and provided us with so many beautiful images to remember our wedding day. She was more than happy to drive my husband and I from the church to our photo site downtown and spend the afternoon working on our beautiful couples photos. She is extremely talented and passionate about wedding photography, I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Katherine · Married on 01/28/2017

We first fell in love with Taylor and her photography style when she was the photographer at a family member's wedding in Charleston. When it came to planning our own, Taylor was our first call. She photographed both our engagement photos and our wedding. My husband and myself are not very comfortable in front of the camera and Taylor knew just how to capture our best qualities while making it such an enjoyable experience. Just as I knew they would, our wedding party and family couldn't stop talking about how much fun it was taking the photos before and after the ceremony. At our wedding, she brought an assistant who took photos alongside her. I loved seeing all of the different angles and points of view from each set of photos. Although I could talk about her beautiful photos forever, I have to mention how wonderful she is to work with. She provided advice, timelines and guidance. She always kept in touch during the planning process and was quick to reply to emails. I highly recommend Taylor Rae Photography!

Sent on 02/11/2017

Taryn · Married on 11/06/2015

Taylor was absolutely fabulous to work with! She was so friendly from the very beginning and incredibly helpful as the wedding got closer and I started to stress. If you've never had professional photos taken before (and we hadn't), it can be stressful and nerve-wracking to be on display, but Taylor made both me and my fiance feel at ease. And the pictures are beautiful!!!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Katie · Married on 10/25/2015

Taylor was a dream to work with! Her photos are truly stunning. She captured so many special moments, both of us and our guests: the pride in our parents faces, the looks we gave each other, my husband’s face as I walked down the aisle, my dad’s first look at my dress, and our guests amazing dance moves.

She was unobtrusive during the ceremony and reception but also a joy to be around. We instantly felt comfortable around her, as did our entire bridal party. She’s professional, organized, and efficient with group photos. We got every photo we could have wanted, and we didn’t spend our entire day taking pictures. She was extremely responsive with her communication and sent us the full picture gallery much quicker than we expected. I cannot say enough about how wonderful Taylor is, and I HIGHLY recommend Taylor Rae Photography!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Shannon · Married on 10/10/2015

Taylor is simply amazing!! She did our engagement photos and our wedding photos and we are obsessed with them all! For our wedding she captured every moment and We relived our entire day by looking at them. Not only does she do an amazing job but she makes you feel so comfortable which made us feel comfortable. We love her so much! We are going to use her for every event we have from here on out and I HIGHLY suggest that you do to!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Amanda · Married on 06/20/2015

Taylor was amazing to work with. My husband and I decided to get some honeymoon pictures while honeymooning in Charleston and we are so glad that we were able to work with Taylor. She has a great energy and more importantly, a great eye for photography! The photos she produced were amazing and something we will be able to forever look back at!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Carly · Married on 09/14/2014

Taylor had great energy from the minute she walked into the house where we were getting ready and made the whole day a lot of fun. She made us feel so comfortable that most of the time I forgot there was even a camera there. Her soft, classic style matched the look of my wedding perfectly and her creative suggestions made for gorgeous photos. I have received many compliments from guests and even friends of friends on how beautiful the photos turned out. The item we cared most about while wedding planning were the photos and we could not be happier with our choice of photographer. Taylor is a fantastic photographer, and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/05/2014
  • User3335675 · event on 06/06/2014

We met Taylor after we moved to Charleston and needed engagement photos taken. before we even got here, Taylor took the time to talk about what we wanted, and I bugged her so much, ( I think we exchanged over at least 20 e-mails, ) and she generously answered all of them, and kept in touch until the day of our photos. When she arrived we were so relaxed because she was so sweet and professional and put us at ease. She helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and gave such great direction. When we got the pictures back, we got this really cool engraved bamboo covered USB with cover. It had all of our photos on it from the session. We love Taylor, and recommend her to anyone looking for fabulous photos for any occasion! She is now a new friend to us, and that's more than you can say for just any photographer. Truly exceptional.

Sent on 06/10/2014

Andrea · event on 05/26/2014

My fiance hired Taylor to secretly photograph his proposal to me! The proposal took place at the Angel Oak Tree in SC and I had absolutely no clue! Taylor was able to keep herself extremely discreet and got incredible shots closer up once my fiance started to propose. After I was done crying hysterically, he introduced me to Taylor and we had a mini photo-shoot in front of the Angel Oak! I was originally concerned that there would be a lot of people in the shots because the tree was crowded that day, but once we got the photos back, it looked like we were the only two there, she was able to angle the shots just right to get the incredible view and capture our emotion. I have been getting SO many compliments on the pictures since i got them back. Friends and family can share the special moment with us with these incredible pictures.

My fiance also told me that Taylor was remarkably easy to work with leading up to the proposal, super responsive and accommodating. Her pricing was extremely reasonable as well, especially with the incredible quality we received (and the fact that she was basically an undercover spy for him!) We also received the flash drive with pictures within a week and a half from the proposal - awesome service! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos! We couldn't be happier, we would definitely hire Taylor again!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Having Taylor photograph my fiancé and I was such a treat! After reading so many positive reviews about her work, we knew that she'd be the perfect person to take our engagement photos. She truly exceeded every expectation we had.

We weren't really sure what to expect considering this was the first time we've had professional pictures taken. She met us at the Magnolia Gardens and greeted us with such warmth and enthusiasm. We were both pretty nervous and anxious about how to pose and act in front of the camera, but Taylor was amazing at giving us tips and guiding us into the perfect position. She was super encouraging and made us feel comfortable.

Our pictures turned out more amazing than we ever thought possible! They are so beautiful!

We feel so blessed that we found such an amazing photographer. Everyone deserves to have an experience as great as what she gave us. We can't wait to have her at our upcoming wedding! Thanks Taylor!!

Sent on 06/05/2013

heidi · Married on 05/10/2014

I absolutely LOVED my experience with Taylor Rae Photography. We had Taylor photograph a bachelorette mini shoot for my sister and it was an amazing experience. She was so easy to work with and made everything really fun and exciting for all of the ladies involved. Taylor was able to keep everyone engaged and laughing the entire shoot. The photographs will document an incredible weekend of bonding for us that we will forever cherish. They turned out beautifully and I can't thank her enough for preserving these memories for us. I HIGHLY recommend the talented Taylor Rae Photography!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU TAYLOR!!!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Rachael · Married on 04/27/2014

Taylor was an absolutely fabulous photographer! I found her through a mutual friend and was so drawn to her use of natural light in the photos I reviewed on her blog/website. It really is wonderful when you find someone like Taylor who truly understands how to use her camera and everything you can fit into that small rectangular frame. Not only does she have a talent, she is just a down right kind person. I had my photo shoot time mixed up for the day of my bridals and all I had to do was call her and she made adjustments to her plans to be at my bridals when I was the one who had the time mixed up. She was in no rush to get through the afternoon and she took the most beautiful pictures. I am more than happy with my experience with Taylor. She was so fun to be around that day! She definitely helped make my bridal portraits so much more memorable.

Sent on 05/15/2014

Ashleigh · Married on 04/13/2014

Taylor was absolutely wonderful! She was so personable and easy to be around and took beautiful shots for our wedding. She took full use of all of our locations and gave us a great variety of photos and helped preserve our wedding day. Also she was very quick in getting the pictures back to us and even sent us a cute little care package at the end of the wedding. We would happily recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Amy · Married on 03/01/2014

Taylor was an absolute dream to work with! She listened to what we wanted, a photographer who didn't stage shots but captured the real moments of our wedding, and delivered beautiful photographs from our day. From the first moments at the church, she set us all at ease and focused on getting to know our group's personality. Our personalities really came through in her photography, and she was able to artfully capture the emotions of the day. While of course she staged some shots for us, she made us feel so comfortable that we were truly in the moment. I can not say enough about how talented, professional, genuine, and client-focused Taylor is, and on top of it all, she is a true artisit who has beautifully preserved our wedding day in photographs for us to enjoy over and over again.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Jennifer · event on 02/28/2014

Taylor was wonderful to work with during our engagement photo session. We are not experienced in anyway with photo shoot's, Taylor made us feel comfortable and natural. She was also willing to venture to two different locations and got our photos to us quickly after the shoot! I was dying to see them and they were well worth it. We love love love them and I can't wait for her to shoot our special day.

Sent on 03/11/2014

Natanya · event on 11/20/2013

Taylor was sweet and kind, very easy to work with. I did a boudoir session, and she made me feel totally at ease and not at all uncomfortable. The photos are absolutely fantastic and the turn around was quick (2 weeks from session to in my hand!) I would totally recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Jina · event on 08/24/2013

While planning for our one year anniversary trip to Charleston, I was browsing on Living Social to see if we could find a photographer to capture moments from our trip. We did not do an engagement session before our wedding, so we thought it would be a nice way to commemorate our anniversary. Taylor was awesome- she was so bright, bubbly, and down to earth. She met us at our hotel and was totally open to what we wanted for our anniversary pictures-- we had seen some beautiful colored doors while walking in the artsy area of Charleston that we were drawn to, and we wanted to take some pictures while riding the bikes from our hotel. We left with a great experience and even better pictures (which were mailed to us not to long after our trip!). If you're from the area, or visiting Charleston on a little vacation, I would definitely recommend treating yourself to a photo session with Taylor.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Lanie · event on 08/23/2013

Taylor did an amazing job, we would definitely highly reccomend her!

Sent on 10/03/2013