Tasty Catering Reviews

1 User photo

Tasty Catering 1

LeKeziah · Married on 11/03/2018

Great experience! Would definitely recommend

Our experience with Tasty Catering was great. From first booking our date with them through the wedding day, they were so helpful and flexible. Lauren and the catering team were quick to respond to questions/changes/requests/etc. We received numerous compliments on the food at our wedding and the catering staff on site was amazing. Everything went super smoothly and we didn't have to worry about anything. I would highly recommend Tasty Catering.

• Z

Zak Herman · Married on 10/13/2018

Professional and flexible caterer

Tasty Catering was the perfect complement to our wedding at Ignite Glass Studios. After interviewing multiple caterers, they were the only ones flexible enough to do something a little more casual like we wanted. They took the theme of an upscale BBQ and were able to grill made to order chicken, salmon, and smoked brisket for our guests. Everyone raved about the mac and cheese. The entire team was incredible - especially Nikki and Hannah who were both pleasures to work with. The staff the day of were friendly and professional. Everything was executed flawlessly. I can't thank and recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Tasty Catering's reply:

Zak - thank you so much for your wonderful review and for choosing to partner with us on your special day! We will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of our team and we wish you all the best!

Charlene · Married on 06/10/2017

Loved working with Lauren and Michelle at Tasty. From day one, they were great.Answered any questions I had. They were very accommodating and helped make sure our wedding day was perfect. The food too was delicious!! thank you so much!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Tasty Catering's reply:

Charlene, thank you for the positive review. It was our pleasure to help you plan such an important day and your reception was absolutely beautiful! Best wishes to you both!

Emily · Married on 10/15/2016

Tasty Catering was the preferred caterer for our venue. Because they are the preferred caterer for our venue, we were able to pay the corporate pricing (rather than the wedding pricing) which meant we had a very high-quality meal and a very reasonable price per plate. Our meal was served via buffet and all the food was well prepared and heated. Our initial tasting and meal at the reception were delicious and fresh. We were very happy with our meal and with all of our interactions with Tasty Catering.

Maureen · Married on 10/15/2016

Look no further Tasty Catering will meet all of your wedding catering needs. I felt like I had a built in wedding planner with Nikki Amores! We had a 150 person outdoor wedding and everything went incredibly smooth. I have received endless compliments on the quality of our food and service. So happy we decided to use them for our wedding and would highly recommend them.

Jen · Married on 08/13/2016

Everything was perfect! They went above and beyond to accommodate several of my requests, which I thought they would bill me for, and didn't even charge for it. They were professional and super responsive to all my inquiries. The original person we dealt with ended up leaving about a month before our wedding so I was concerned that some of the information wouldn't get relayed to the new person. I was wrong. Everything went off without a hitch. Loved them!!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Tasty Catering's reply:

Jen, thank you for the review and for allowing us to be a part of your special day. We're thrilled everything went so well.
  • melbuhtoast

Melissa · Married on 10/11/2015

Working with Tasty Catering was so easy - we couldn't have asked for anyone better! They were one of three preferred vendors for our venue, and after weighing the pros and cons of each, Tasty Catering was who we selected. Our catering manager was Erica, and she was a complete joy to work with. I felt comfortable sharing my thoughts and concerns, and she really listened to everything I had to say!

For our wedding, we opted for a brunch reception, which included french toast, bacon, sausage, eggs, chicken breasts, cheese ravioli, baby spinach salad, and yogurt parfaits, along with bellinis, mimosas, coffee, bailey's, tea, soda and juice. Not only was the food almost spot on for the number of guests we had, everyone told us how delicious everything was. They did a great job setting up the room and making it beautiful, and we especially appreciated their offer to put our escort cards, favors and the cupcake table!

All of the staff were wonderful and kept the entire event running smoothly. They did a great job setting the tone for the entire day. I can't thank them enough for making my wedding day practically flawless, and so special.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Tasty Catering's reply:

Thank you for the thoughtful and complimentary review. It was our pleasure to be able to provide you with a flawless day, as you most certainly deserved it! We wish you nothing but happiness and hope to work with you again in the future.

We worked with Erica from Tasty Catering on our recent wedding. I cannot say enough good things about Tasty! Erica was very responsive and easy to work with from the beginning. She sent us out a clear estimate that was VERY fair. They hosted us at their location for a tasting a couple of months before our wedding. Later Erica and her operations manager Eugene came out to our house to help us plan how to set up the event, where to place the buffet and bar, how the traffic pattern of guests would move throughout the space. This company is FAMILY owned and they treat their employees like family- everyone from the office staff to chefs and kitchen staff eats breakfast and lunch together as a FAMILY. And their happy employees show in the excellent customer service they provide. I got so many compliments on the sushi appetizers we served at our event, as well as the beef tenderloin, salmon and roasted potatoes. My guests devoured the little coconut macaroons on the coffee table as well as the Italian beef and hot dog late night table. Thank you Erica and team for filling our tummies with delicious food on our big day!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Tasty Catering's reply:

We truly appreciate your kind words and wonderful review, it goes a long way! Thank you for sharing and allowing us to be part of your special day. Wishing you the best today and always.

Lisa · Married on 07/03/2015

When my husband and I were planning food for our wedding our venue, The Shores of Turtle Creek suggested Tasty Catering. We went to the Elk Grove location to do our food tasting and it was delicious. They gave us several boxes of food to take home with us and many different options to try, we had leftover food from our tasting for days. On the day of our wedding, everything tasted great. I have to say Tasty Catering's Garlic Mashed Potatoes are by far the best mashed potatoes I have ever had in my life. We were so happy with our food. I definitely recommend tasty catering to anyone looking for catering for their wedding.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Tasty Catering's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're honored to have been a part of your special day. Wishing you and your husband a lifetime of love and happiness.

Tara · Married on 05/24/2015

We used Tasty Catering for our wedding in May at Oak Brook Bath & Tennis and they could not have been better to work with. They catered to our budget and needs and were willing to work with us through the whole process. Our account exec, Erica is a true superstar and I'd recommend her for any event -- I had so much trust in her management and abilities that I did not worry for a second the day of the event. We had SO MANY compliments on the food, even from the most discerning of guests. From the bartenders to the servers, everyone was kind and thoughtful and efficient. Would recommend 100%.

Julia · Married on 08/16/2014

Tasty Catering did a MAGNIFICENT job catering our wedding this past Saturday. Our guests were RAVING about how wonderful the food was as well as how attentive the servers and bartenders were. It was a pleasure working with Erica Buss during all of our planning processes with Tasty Catering. I would definitely hire them again!!

Tasty catering provided catering for our outdoor wedding. We had so many compliments on the food and are still getting them (our wedding was a month ago). We did all barbequed food but in a classy way! The service was amazing and food tasted wonderful (exactly like the tasting). They were wonderful to work with and I would use them again. They also do corporate events.

Melissa · Married on 06/16/2013

What an excellent experience! Kristen was a terrific person to work with and they fit into our budget with ease. Professional service and a terrific response from our guests.

Sarah · Married on 06/01/2013

We had an outdoor wedding with a vintage/picnic theme and Tasty Catering did a great job catering our event. The food was delicious. Our guests kept complimenting us on how great the food tasted and how friendly the serving staff was. This was an especially tall order since we had two decent rains during the reception. The tents they brought kept the food dry and warm but the staff did get wet. They kept smiling through the whole day and looked like they were having fun themselves.
    Planning with this caterer was fantastic. Rosemary made sure everything was planned out, tested, and ran smooth. She was very responsive to our questions and genuinely cared about our day. I was so grateful that I didn't have to worry about the food and could just enjoy the day with family and friends. I would recommend them for any catering service as they do cater more formal events as well. Fantastic people, well run business, and a pleasure to work with!

Jennifer · event on: 08/08/2015

Such amazing food! Such great prices! Such a wide selection! I couldn't believe how flexible they were with the menu and changes to the initial proposal.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Tasty Catering's reply:

Thank you, Jennifer, for the wonderful review. We truly enjoyed catering your event!

Emily · Married on 10/01/2017

Tasty Catering was fantastic! We had sort of a long list of caterers to choose from at our venue, so the decision was kind of daunting, but I'm so glad we went with Tasty. I did a ton of research and I'm pretty confident, even after the fact, that they were a great value. We were getting so discouraged when looking at caterers because it seemed like everyone charged $100 a plate minimum so we were relieved to find something more affordable that would still our guests a traditional, full dinner. Tasty, particularly Nikki at Tasty Catering, were so flexible and offered a lot of suggestions as to how to keep costs to a minimum. Our food was pretty basic wedding buffet food, but it was great and people really liked it. Nikki was at two meetings with us at our venue which put us at ease and she was so good to go back and forth with me over email so many times. They were total pros on the day of too. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/23/2017
    Tasty Catering 2

Tasty Catering's reply:

Emily, thank you so much for the positive review! It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day. Wishing you and Sal all the best! Congratulations.

We absolutely LOVED working with Tasty Catering and they made our wedding amazing! We worked with Erica and she was so responsive and flexible with us. She really made us feel as our day was very special! We always felt like we were in great hands and that everything on our special day was taken care of. They were very clear about all of the pricing and they never had any hidden fees. They were able to accommodate all of our needs. On the day of the wedding, we were unsure about the ceremony site because of weather, and they were so kind and flexible. The service at the wedding was incredible and fast. There were a few items that we thought were a bit overpriced, but for the quality of service and for not having to worry about anything on the day of the wedding, the price was right for us! We would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/31/2015

Tasty Catering's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful compliments. It was an honor to help make your day so special. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Monette · Married on 09/19/2015

We had a morning wedding & wanted a brunch buffet. The selections that we chose were cheddar scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits & gravy, & mini Tuscan quiches. We also had fresh fruit & a selection of muffins. The staff prepared plates for my husband & I to be served seperately to that we could have 10 minutes to ourselves between the ceremony & the reception. Brides: I highly suggest this plan! Get some quiet time with your husband & some food into you, because you really don't get to eat once the reception starts.

They have short tasting hours, so be prepared for this in your preparation schedule.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Tasty Catering's reply:

Thank you for the review, Monette and great suggestion to all the other couples! We appreciate you allowing us to be part of your special day and wish you the best.
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 05/26/2018

3.0

Tasty Catering was the preferred vendor for our venue and did a great job for our wedding. Everyone left the wedding complimenting our food. They set up everything for the reception before we arrived and helped take down items at the end of the night. I had Lauren for my event manager, and she was helpful throughout the entire planning process.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Tasty Catering's reply:

Brianna - thank you for the wonderful review and for allowing us to be a part of your special day. Best wishes to you both.

I loved having tasty catering at my wedding! We had a morning wedding brunch. the staff was well dressed, professional, and the food was amazing. They also helped coordinate all of my other vendors!
    Such a great vendor, my initial coordinator Rosemary left the company halfway through my planning and Erica took over in for her. Erica was amazing and really worked hard taking on my wedding on a last minute notice!

Kristen · Married on 05/05/2018

Lauren at Tasty Catering is the best! She was genuinely enthusiastic and excited for our wedding the entire year she worked with us. We had about 20 guests with a variety of dietary restrictions. The Tasty Catering team worked out the menu to make everyone satisfied with a full meal.

Sent on 05/15/2018

Tasty Catering's reply:

Thank you for the positive review, Kristen! It was truly an honor to be a part of your special day. Wishing you all the best!!

Justine · Married on 10/01/2016

4.2

We picked Tasty Catering for our wedding at Garfield Park Conservatory because we were required to use a Chicago Park District preferred vendor, and they seemed to provide the best value. We went to the Elk Grove Village location for our tasting before booking and Erica really sold us on Tasty. Erica changed jobs in the middle of our wedding planning process and we were passed off to Lauren. She was also very nice and accommodating.

The day-of service was great and everyone seemed to enjoy the food. My only complaint is that we specifically requested Captain Morgan as the rum, and we were involuntarily "upgraded" to Mount Gay. Needless to say, my sister and other guests did not necessarily consider that an upgrade and I expect to hear about it for years to come. Also, make sure you specify the exact amount and type of beers you would like. I was disappointed to see that the domestic beer package (as part of a larger open bar package) only included 3 types of beer.

Overall, I would recommend Tasty, especially if you are stuck with the short and mostly overpriced list of Chicago Park approved vendors.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Tasty Catering's reply:

Thank you, Justine, for letting us be a part of such a special day for you and your family and for providing us with your feedback. Our team, from sales to culinary to operations takes great pride in the service that we provide. We are thrilled to hear that you and your guests enjoyed the day of service and food. In regards to the bar package, there was a miscommunication between our sales and operations team and we apologize as this does not live up to the high service standards that we have set for ourselves. Our Director of Sales, Kornel, has reached out to discuss this further. We truly appreciate your constructive feedback, as we use it to educate our staff and improve our systems in order to provide a better service to our clients.