Tarrywile Park & Mansion Reviews

Tarrywile Park & Mansion 6
Tarrywile Park & Mansion 7

Erin Sorrentino · Married on 02/16/2019

Awesome Venue.

My husband and I decided to have a very small wedding and decide to plan it all within 2 months. Anne-Marie at Tarrywile Mansion was such a joy to work with. She was very responsive with my emails and all the changes I had to make leading up to the day of our ceremony. The mansion it self is absolutely stunning, so many rooms and ideas to make your day so special. To be able to use almost every room, the deck and grounds made my day awesome. Even through it was too wet outside to take pictures on the ground the deck outside served very well. I loved this venue for our wedding and received so many compliments!!

Sent on 02/21/2019

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

I'm so happy your wedding day went well. It was a pleasure working with you. You both make a beautiful couple. We wish you both all the best in your future together.

Tracy · Married on 10/06/2018

Friendly, Professional Staff, beautiful location

It was a wonderful wedding, due in part to the lovely venue and also the kindly professionalism of the manager, Anne-Marie Sholtes. I would recommend it highly!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Thank you Tracy, I was such a pleasure working with you, I'm really happy the bride and groom had a beautiful wedding day.

chrissy · Married on 07/14/2018

Beautiful ceremony under the grape arbor and great staff to work with and great indoor reception space. There is so much beautiful space on this property that you can really create any wedding you want. It was the most beautiful day of my life and this was the perfect place for my small 50 guest wedding, but there is plenty of room for more than that if that's what you want. Searched all over CT and this is where we fell in love with, it was 2 hours from where I lived but totally worth the drive.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Chrissy & Kellen, I am thrilled that your wedding day was what you imagined and more. Thank you for the lovely review, it was such a pleasure working with you and your Mom. I wish you both much happiness in your marriage and in your future together.

Susan · Married on 07/14/2018

Tarrywile was an absolutely stunning venue for our son’s recent wedding. Our son and his wife searched long and hard for the perfect venue for their wedding and they found it. The venue provides so many lovely spots to marry and celebrate love! Working with the Tarrywile staff and their preferred vendors was a wonderful experience. They were helpful and professional throughout the planning process. This was especially important as they were planning it all from southeastern Connecticut and Florida during their college breaks. The grape arbor was the setting for the ceremony, cocktails and hors d'oeuvres on the veranda, dinner in beautifully appointed rooms and dancing in the elegant foyer. Our guests loved the intimate ceremony and lovely reception spaces provided by the Tarrywile experience. Our children had their PERFECT day and we are very thankful to everyone at Tarrywile and their preferred wedding professionals. We cannot stop talking about our wonderful wedding experience at Tarrywile Park and Mansion.
    Who knew a “destination” wedding to Danbury, Connecticut could be so MAGICAL!?!

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Tarrywile Park & Mansion 8
    Tarrywile Park & Mansion 9
    Tarrywile Park & Mansion 10
    Tarrywile Park & Mansion 11

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Thank you Susan for the wonderful review. I am so so happy that Chrissy and Kellen's day was everything they imagined it to be. It was such a pleasure working with you all. I with them both the very best in the next chapter of their lives. #DestinationDanbury!

Rachel · Married on 06/23/2018

Anne Marie was very sweet through the whole planning process and always responded very quickly. It was a pleasure to work with her and Tarrywile is a beautiful venue.

Sent on 07/11/2018
    Tarrywile Park & Mansion 19
    Tarrywile Park & Mansion 20
    Tarrywile Park & Mansion 21

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Thank you Rachel, it was a pleasure working with you. I wish you and Robert all the best!

Amanda · Married on 12/16/2017

We loved Tarrywile. As soon as we took a tour, we knew it was the right place for us to get married. Anne Marie is very easy to work with, and has a list of preferred vendors that we used to make our day so much easier to plan. It snowed before the day of the wedding, and the mansion looked magical. The number one question from our guests so far has been, 'How did you find this place?!" It was a beautiful day, we had around 90 guests, an indoor reception, and it never felt too crowded. The mansion staff had decorated for Christmas, and everything looked so beautiful. We're very glad to have chosen Tarrywile, and excited to visit again in the spring and go hiking :)

Sent on 12/27/2017

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Thank you Amanda and Andy for the lovely review. I'm so happy we played a small part in making your day "magical". I was captivated by your wedding photo's, your love and happiness could not be missed. Thank you for choosing us, and I wish you both a bright and beautiful future together.

Simone · Married on 12/16/2017

My daughter and son-in-law chose Tarrywile as their venue and they made a very wise decision. Guests commented about how exquisite it looked as it was decorated beautifully for Christmas. We were also able to add some decorations ourselves which really enabled the bride and groom to incorporate their own personal style into their special day. Throughout the cocktail hour as well as the reception guests moved freely visiting and talking while exploring the mansion at the same time. Those guests who chose to dance did so in a centrally located hallway where other guests joined in the fun. The bridal suite was absolutely beautiful! Tarrywile is highly recommended and has a full list of preferred vendors to help in your decision making. Make an appointment to look at it and envision your own special day!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

I'm so glad you all had a great experience at Tarrywile Mansion. Thank you Simone, for sharing your thoughts and impressions so all the newly engaged couples can have a better understanding of what we have to offer. Have a happy New Year!

Deanna · Married on 06/11/2017

We used the mansion for 4 hours and could not of been happier!! There was plenty of room and our event turned out beautifully. We planned ahead of time where tables would go and had them set up for us and down. The people are easy to work with (Anne-Marie) and will accommodate to your needs, I will definitely be using them again in the future. Response time and communication about anything is FAST! They are very understanding and want you to enjoy YOUR day. Thank you for making our event wonderful!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Thank you for such a wonderful review Deanna, I'm so glad everything worked out well for you. It was a pleasure working with you!

Donna · Married on 06/04/2017

The veranda is what sold us! Also u have to be ok with having ur guests in separate rooms if u have a group larger than 50

Sent on 06/14/2017

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us Donna, the veranda is my favorite as well.

Jessica · Married on 05/20/2017

Where do I begin?! Tarrywile was the absolute perfect venue for our vintage wedding. Wedding date was May 20 for 90 guests. Flowers were in bloom and landscaping was well kept. Anne-Marie and staff were responsive to emails and calls. They even accommodated for my family and planner to be able to decorate the day before. We went with all their vendor recommendations and were not let done at all.

I got endless compliments on our venue choice. It felt intimate and welcoming, like you were celebrating at someones home. Not your basic hall or barn wedding. Tarrywile gave our wedding a unique and timeless feel.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

I'm so happy you chose us to be a part of your wedding day. It was a pleasure to work with you and see all your hard work come together for such a beautiful event. Good luck and God bless!

Anne-Marie

The mansion is such a lovely place to held our wedding and reception. We had 100+ guests, and they still filled in nicely. The experience with the staff there was also smooth and efficient. The scenery was really beautiful in the fall. The mansion has separate rooms, which made the reception not too noisy.

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. I wish you both a Merry Christmas and blessed New Year.

Sarah · Married on 08/06/2016

Tarrywile was the perfect place for our wedding this past summer, the setting was amazing and it felt intimate and romantic. We were able to utilize the mansion as well as some of the outdoor space for photos, and everything came out beautifully. The staff was so helpful and thoughtful throughout the entire process, I can't say enough about how happy we were! Thank you so much again.

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Sarah, thank you for taking the time out to give us a lovely review, I wish you both a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Lenora · Married on 07/14/2016

Tarrywile was the perfect setting for our wedding! The pictures are amazing and we get asked about the venue from all of our friends. Communication from Anne-Marie was very easy, and she was very patient with all of my questions and jitters.

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Thank you Lenora for taking a moment to give us such a nice review. I wish you both a Happy Holiday and wonderful New Year!

Arlene · Married on 05/22/2016

I had my wedding ceremony at Tarrywile on the front Veranda. What a beautiful place, the Mansion and also the park! The staff is very friendly, responsive and courteous. I would recommend this Venue to everyone!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Thank you Arlene, for taking the time to give us a such a nice review. I hope you and Andrea had a wonderful day.

Denise · Married on 10/09/2015

Beautiful venue (inside and out). Truly a unique setting with a beautiful, large wrap around porch!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. It was a pleasure working with you.

D'Arcy · Married on 06/07/2015

Please note: this was not a wedding but a birthday party. Services were excellent.

Sent on 12/18/2015

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Thank you D'Arcy, it was a pleasure working with you in planning your birthday party.

Not only is the Tarywile Mansion and Park breath taking BUT it's not expensive!! The staff were so nice and accommodating. The wedding was a hit because the atmosphere was so vintage and lovely. They provide you with around 100 chairs and some tables. The max amount of people you can have is 150 but it just makes it more intimate ;)

Sent on 03/12/2014

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review Tarrywile Mansion, it was a pleasure working with you.

Sarah · Married on 06/22/2013

Tarrywile is such a beautiful place to get married. We got married under their grape arbor, had cocktail on their gorgeous front porch and then had dinner inside the mansion. So many people came up to me and told me I made the right choice for our venue and how perfect Tarrywile was for a summer wedding. It was a perfect day!

Sent on 06/26/2013
  • Y

Yakima · Married on 05/18/2013

The mansion and staff are wonderful I reccommend it highly I'm so happy we did our wedding here

Sent on 06/03/2013

we loved tarrywile, the whole house felt like a big warm hug all day!
    and it's stunning!
    we love historic architecture and this mansion is stunning....all the period details, the house is in perfect condition and it's just so beautiful!
    each room is unique and beautiful, and the grounds and gardens are stunning! it makes for the most beautiful photos!
    becky petro was so amazing and helpful and answered all my millions of questions and emails.
    we could not love tarrywile more!!!
    it was perfect for us and we have the most gorgeous photos at tarrywile!

Sent on 12/20/2012
  • User7487475 · event on: 05/15/2016

Lovely setting for my mother's 90th birthday party. Large enough, cozy enough.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review, it was a pleasure working with you.

Dolores · event on: 08/25/2017

My caterer was Gallucci and DJ was Joe Nyce and Ann Marie was a great help.Wonderful event !!!!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Tarrywile Park & Mansion's reply:

Dolores, it was such a pleasure working with. I wish you many more happy and healthy birthdays!

Linda · event on: 10/28/2012

It was the most beautiful setting for a baby shower. I'm just not sure of the actual date it was.....The baby was born January 31st, 2013......It was either in October or November of 2012...It was perfect.

Sent on 03/18/2014
  • User3979159 · event on: 07/01/2012

Excellent Staff! Awesome venue!

Sent on 03/19/2014