63 Reviews for Tanganyika Wildlife Park

Indoor (8)
Event Planning (8)
Uncovered Outdoor (7)
63 Tanganyika Wildlife Park Reviews

Courtney was so great in helping us prepare for our big day! She was always professional and always really easy to contact when I had questions! She even calmed my nerves on nights when I would stay up late worrying about how everything was going to workout! Our guests LOVED that the wedding was at Tanganyika and we received so many comments about it! Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Angie , 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Courtney was fantastic to work with and helped keep me on track with planning. She went above and beyond for us. Getting to work with her was a blast and one of the highlights of our event!

Photo
Profile Picture Ashley, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I very much enjoyed my venue and am so glad that I chose them. They were truly there for us every step of the way in whatever capacity we needed and very easy to work with. I loved the interaction with the animals for a unique wedding day experience. I would do it all over again! (Included in my price was a back drop and photo booth usage.)

Profile Picture Brandi, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place went above and beyond to options, having an on sight coordinator, they set the bar high.

Profile Picture Hayley, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

If you identify as an offbeat or non traditional bride and want to have your guests raving about your wedding Tanganyika is the way to go. I had the pleasure of working with both Holly and Courtney and both event coordinators were so kind and helpful they felt like my best friends. The communication throughout the entire planning process was impeccable and I really appreciated that Courtney paid attention to every specific detail I gave her. We had both our ceremony and reception here and it invaluable to have a ton of parking and not have to move my grandparents far. The park itself is gorgeous and the photo opportunities we had were incredible. Although we were first a little shell shocked by the venue cost we were able to make it work in our budget because you simply don't need a ton of decor in to dress up the Manyara Garden or Serenghetti room. Our guests loved the animal ambassadors and I know we will hear about the fun memories for years to come. Everyone on the Tanganyika staff is great and I had the perfect day because of their hard work.

Profile Picture Julie, 10/8/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't even know where to begin on how satisfied my husband and I were with Tanganyika. We had the pleasure of working with three people from the event staff and they were all amazing from the beginning. Holly went out of her way and stayed late one evening so both of us could be there to check out the venue. We fell in love and booked it that night. From then Holly checked in with us on how wedding planning was going and helped keep us on track. Courtney transitioned in and was just as wonderful! Anything we needed or had questions about she was on the ball in helping us. Matt was our contact the day of the wedding and he made sure neither of us had to worry about anything!! He did such a great job making sure everything flowed and happened when it was "supposed" to. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't go anywhere else! It was an absolute pleasure working with everyone at Tanganyika. They really care about making your wedding day special and unique. All of our wedding guests still compliment the beautiful venue and of course the perks of getting to see the animals up close and personal! THANK YOU!! :)

Profile Picture Taylor, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Parking, Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor

Tanganyika is the most unique wedding venue in Wichita! We had our ceremony in the beautiful garden and our reception indoors, in the Serengeti room. It was nice to have everything in one location, as many of our guests were from out of town. The room is spacious and they even have a new addition of uplighting. They offer a bridal suite, with your own private restroom, and a nice kitchen area with a bar.
The best part was having the penguin come to the reception and visit our guests, along with the binturong (Asian Bear Cat)! Where else can you have a penguin come to your wedding!?! The staff is so friendly and helpful. Courtney, the Events Coordinator, was so flexible and really went out of her way to make the planning process easier for me. She even held my dress as we went through the Park for photos with the animals, and provided the bridal party with water as we were taking pictures. The waterfall and field make for the most beautiful photo backdrops too. Our guests ranted and raved about how fun our wedding was and we credit that to Tanganyika. They are more than just a venue, they're an experience. A Wildly Different one at that!

Profile Picture Holly , 4/9/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Parking

This venue is ideal if you are wanting a big open space. Tanganyika provided us with everything we needed when it came to a bridal suite, kitchen, tables, chairs, etc. I have been in or attended weddings where the venue is choppy spaces and it is easy to lose track of the bridal party or guests miss out on certain activities during reception. Tanganyika is nothing like that! Everyone could see what was going on at all times. We liked the venue so much, I even had my bridal shower out there. Their event coordinator, Holly, was very personable. She was always easy to get a hold of, they never made a fuss if there was a last minute change, and kept in touch with me throughout my 2 year engagement. I highly recommend Tanganyika for event planning!

Profile Picture Kristen, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Parking, Event Planning

We cannot say enough about the great experience we had at Tanganyika Wildlife Park! The venue is beautiful and dynamic, and the staff is wonderful to work with.

We had a specific idea to get married outside, eat dinner inside and return outside to dance under the stars, and we really appreciated Tanganyika's willingness to accommodate our plans. We were also attracted to the venue because of the photo opportunities, and we were not disappointed. The field to the west of the park provides the perfect location for some gorgeous sunset pictures!

The staff at Tanganyika went above and beyond to make our big day a very special one. From planning meetings and answering random questions, to the very last-minute details on the day of, Holly was an amazing event coordinator and we are so thankful for all of the assistance she provided! Many of the local vendors (caterer, flowers, cake) we worked with were familiar with Tanganyika, which made it easy to coordinate delivery times, set up, etc., and Holly was very helpful in making sure everyone knew where to go and what to do when they arrived.

We are so glad we chose to get married at Tanganyika and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a fun and unique location.

Profile Picture Macey, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

I thought this vendor was expensive, but the money helps pay to take care of the animals and the park during the winter months when the park is closed to the public. Holly, the events coordinator, was super helpful. She was right there all day. If we needed anything, she would get it. When we were walking around taking our wedding photos, she held my dress so it wouldn't drag and carried water bottles for us. At our last meeting with her, about a week or 2 before the wedding, she wrote down all of our vendors names and phone number (and also what time they were showing up) so that on the day of the wedding if somebody hadn't shown up when they were supposed to, then she would call so we didn't have that extra stress out on us.

Profile Picture Savannah, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Parking, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Wow. I can't even describe how amazing Tanganyika and Holly, the events coordinator, are. They have over and beyond exceeded all my expectations. Holly worked with me from the beginning and made sure my vision was carried out. The place is absolutely breathtaking and I cant wait to see how the pictures turned out. We even got pictures with my wedding party with giraffes! This is such a fun and unique venue to have your wedding and I got so many compliments on the venue. HIGHLY recommend!!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/9/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was absolutely amazing!!! Our coordinator, Holly Page was wonderful. She made sure everything was perfect!! I had a wonderful, stress free experience =)

Profile Picture Carolyn , 5/5/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Event Planning, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking

My hubby and I are so happy we had our ceremony and reception at Tanganyika. Holly was so helpful during the planning process and always responded to us quickly. She was a HUGE help on our wedding day, escorting us around the park wherever we wanted to take pictures, and even carried the train of my dress for me :) The venue is such a beautiful place and we can't wait to see the pictures! Everyone loved seeing all the animals and we got several compliments from guests on picking such an awesome venue! Tanganyika exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend them for weddings or any event!!

Profile Picture Shelby, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am not sure if there are enough words in the English language letting everyone know how Wonderful Tanganyika is on your wedding day. From water, to towels so you don't get dirty, to the friendliest staff you have ever met. You might think a Zoo is childish or not classy but you will be completely wrong. The venue made our pictures GORGEOUS, the kids loved it, my parents thought Holly was Top of the line. Holly was so wonderful to the point that I felt like a gained a friend. The accomidated all of my needs and if for some reason they could not Holly found a way to make it work. My family and friends still keep talking about our day as the BEST wedding ever! We could not of done it without Tanganyika Wildlife Park and we definitely could not of done it without Holly ..

Don't miss out on the wedding of a lifetime!

Profile Picture Naisha, 4/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I chose this venue for it's flexibility and value. You can have any caterer you want, or even bring your own food. You can purchase and bring your own liquor and drinks. It was the best option for us to stay within our budget. The coordinators were so helpful! We took pictures before the wedding reception and they were both out there with us and they even helped me with my dress which I really appreciated. The bridal room to get ready in was very clean and convenient for my group, too. The kitchen and bar area was the perfect size as well. There's a projector you can utilize which I made sure we did! We had a lot of guests (roughly 300). So the tables were pretty crowded, but I expected that already so it wasn't a big deal. Our guests like to get up to walk around and mingle anyway. Basically, I loved everything about this place. My reception was perfect!

Profile Picture Alisa, 12/6/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My sister had her wedding at Tanganyika 2 years ago. It was amazing. Interacting with the animals was lots of fun and makes for fantastic pictures.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding was fantastic! We could not ask for better professionalism, price and overall experience!

Profile Picture User4599640, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Melissa helped us through every step of the way. Everything went off amazingly and no one has stopped talking about how amazing it all was!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 4/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

We had our Daughters wedding at Tananyika and could have not asked for a better place to have it. All guests were able to walk around the park before and after the wedding. The weather was great and the Staff was great to work with. If we had a questions Mellisa or anyone on staff there answered our questions or got us anything we needed to make the day special

Profile Picture David, 4/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Mellisa was wonderful! She was very attentive and helped make it the perfect day. This is the perfect venue for a fun wedding and reception.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 10/12/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Melissa and Matt were wonderful to work with. They made the day of a breeze. They helped with pictures, helped with time management, got me water before the ceremony...and even made sure I ate at the reception. They truly were like your very own personal coordinator the day of. I never had one issue with them. Melissa was always right there asking if I needed anything. Not to mention this is a BEAUTIFUL place to spend your big day. I can't say enough good things about this place and the people that work there.

Profile Picture Erika, 10/5/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I really enjoyed everthing at the zoo... loved be abke to take picture with animals .... and all the helo they did

Profile Picture jessica, 9/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough about this venue. They made our wedding day amazing! Melissa the event coordinator went out of her way to help bring everything together!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 8/31/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Tanganyika was the perfect pick for our wedding reception! Everything was amazing! Melissa was fantastic and so easy to work with!! Wonderful facilities and very well priced when compared to other venues in the area. I couldn't recommend them highly enough!!

We had an animal ambassador and when the little kids couldn't pet the baby lynx they brought out the penguins just for the little ones to get to see & touch. I didn't even know anything about it until it was over!! What a great way to make all of our guests feel included & make sure they had a good time!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/30/13, 1 Review