Tanganyika Wildlife Park Reviews

73 | Goddard, KS

73 Reviews for Tanganyika Wildlife Park

73 Tanganyika Wildlife Park Reviews

Dacia · Married on 09/08/2018

I am SO happy we chose Tanganiyka for our wedding & reception venue! The team was fantastic to work with, the park is beautiful, and our guests had a great time. TWP is especially great if you anticipate having a lot of kids at your event- they definitely get a kick out of seeing and interacting with all of the animals. Taylor Clark (event planner & coordinator) was a huge help that day as well- thank you for helping make our day unforgettable!

Bill · Married on 08/18/2018

Taylor and Tanganyika were everything and even more than what we expected! Our guests were impressed and so were we! It was truly and experience of a lifetime and made lasting memories for our entire family! Couldn’t be happier!

Kim · Married on 07/28/2018

Tanganyika and Taylor were absolutely wonderful to work with! Extremely helpful and friendly. It made the planning process easy on us!

Amanda · Married on 05/25/2018

Taylor helped make our wedding day perfect!! She was so quick to help with everything and even helped decorate our wedding cake. I would definitely recommend Tanganyika to anyone who wants to have a beautiful venue for their wedding!

Shawna · Married on 05/12/2018

This place was breath taking! It was a wonderful place to get married. Taylor was amazing and did everything we asked for plus so much more! They helped us make a day we will never forget.

Kelsey · Married on 05/05/2018

Taylor was seriously the best person we could have asked for! SHe was always very helpful. :)

Brittney · Married on 04/28/2018

Awesome wedding experience and Taylor the wedding coordinator was so helpful! Was a stunning place for pictures with the animals and the wedding reception building was lovely. NO REGRETS!

Tanganyika Wildlife Park 2

grace · Married on 04/20/2018

Taylor is a wonderful asset to Tanganyika. Her organizational skills are exceptional, and her overall event execution is flawless. Thank You for going above and beyond the norm. and making our wedding day so special!!! We also appreciate all the keepers involved with our animal ambassadors! Tanganyika is a superb location for any wedding, or special event!

Tanganyika Wildlife Park 3

Angie · Married on 05/20/2017

Courtney was so great in helping us prepare for our big day! She was always professional and always really easy to contact when I had questions! She even calmed my nerves on nights when I would stay up late worrying about how everything was going to workout! Our guests LOVED that the wedding was at Tanganyika and we received so many comments about it! Thank you for everything!

Ashley · Married on 05/13/2017

Courtney was fantastic to work with and helped keep me on track with planning. She went above and beyond for us. Getting to work with her was a blast and one of the highlights of our event!

Tanganyika Wildlife Park 4
    Tanganyika Wildlife Park 5
    Tanganyika Wildlife Park 6
    Tanganyika Wildlife Park 7
    Tanganyika Wildlife Park 8
    Tanganyika Wildlife Park 9
    Tanganyika Wildlife Park 10

Brandi · Married on 04/22/2017

I very much enjoyed my venue and am so glad that I chose them. They were truly there for us every step of the way in whatever capacity we needed and very easy to work with. I loved the interaction with the animals for a unique wedding day experience. I would do it all over again! (Included in my price was a back drop and photo booth usage.)

Laurel · Married on 03/18/2017

Tanganyika is a stunning venue with helpful staff that go above and beyond. Our venue liaison responded to any concerns extremely promptly and was always available when we needed her. The venue was flexible with our short notice wedding and even helped us make it work when we had more guests than we expected. Couldn’t recommend them highly enough.

Hayley · Married on 10/15/2016

This place went above and beyond to options, having an on sight coordinator, they set the bar high.

Julie · Married on 10/08/2016

If you identify as an offbeat or non traditional bride and want to have your guests raving about your wedding Tanganyika is the way to go. I had the pleasure of working with both Holly and Courtney and both event coordinators were so kind and helpful they felt like my best friends. The communication throughout the entire planning process was impeccable and I really appreciated that Courtney paid attention to every specific detail I gave her. We had both our ceremony and reception here and it invaluable to have a ton of parking and not have to move my grandparents far. The park itself is gorgeous and the photo opportunities we had were incredible. Although we were first a little shell shocked by the venue cost we were able to make it work in our budget because you simply don't need a ton of decor in to dress up the Manyara Garden or Serenghetti room. Our guests loved the animal ambassadors and I know we will hear about the fun memories for years to come. Everyone on the Tanganyika staff is great and I had the perfect day because of their hard work.

Taylor · Married on 06/25/2016

I don't even know where to begin on how satisfied my husband and I were with Tanganyika. We had the pleasure of working with three people from the event staff and they were all amazing from the beginning. Holly went out of her way and stayed late one evening so both of us could be there to check out the venue. We fell in love and booked it that night. From then Holly checked in with us on how wedding planning was going and helped keep us on track. Courtney transitioned in and was just as wonderful! Anything we needed or had questions about she was on the ball in helping us. Matt was our contact the day of the wedding and he made sure neither of us had to worry about anything!! He did such a great job making sure everything flowed and happened when it was "supposed" to. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't go anywhere else! It was an absolute pleasure working with everyone at Tanganyika. They really care about making your wedding day special and unique. All of our wedding guests still compliment the beautiful venue and of course the perks of getting to see the animals up close and personal! THANK YOU!! :)

Holly · Married on 04/09/2016

Tanganyika is the most unique wedding venue in Wichita! We had our ceremony in the beautiful garden and our reception indoors, in the Serengeti room. It was nice to have everything in one location, as many of our guests were from out of town. The room is spacious and they even have a new addition of uplighting. They offer a bridal suite, with your own private restroom, and a nice kitchen area with a bar.
    The best part was having the penguin come to the reception and visit our guests, along with the binturong (Asian Bear Cat)! Where else can you have a penguin come to your wedding!?! The staff is so friendly and helpful. Courtney, the Events Coordinator, was so flexible and really went out of her way to make the planning process easier for me. She even held my dress as we went through the Park for photos with the animals, and provided the bridal party with water as we were taking pictures. The waterfall and field make for the most beautiful photo backdrops too. Our guests ranted and raved about how fun our wedding was and we credit that to Tanganyika. They are more than just a venue, they're an experience. A Wildly Different one at that!

Kristen · Married on 11/14/2015

This venue is ideal if you are wanting a big open space. Tanganyika provided us with everything we needed when it came to a bridal suite, kitchen, tables, chairs, etc. I have been in or attended weddings where the venue is choppy spaces and it is easy to lose track of the bridal party or guests miss out on certain activities during reception. Tanganyika is nothing like that! Everyone could see what was going on at all times. We liked the venue so much, I even had my bridal shower out there. Their event coordinator, Holly, was very personable. She was always easy to get a hold of, they never made a fuss if there was a last minute change, and kept in touch with me throughout my 2 year engagement. I highly recommend Tanganyika for event planning!

Macey · Married on 09/19/2015

We cannot say enough about the great experience we had at Tanganyika Wildlife Park! The venue is beautiful and dynamic, and the staff is wonderful to work with.

We had a specific idea to get married outside, eat dinner inside and return outside to dance under the stars, and we really appreciated Tanganyika's willingness to accommodate our plans. We were also attracted to the venue because of the photo opportunities, and we were not disappointed. The field to the west of the park provides the perfect location for some gorgeous sunset pictures!

The staff at Tanganyika went above and beyond to make our big day a very special one. From planning meetings and answering random questions, to the very last-minute details on the day of, Holly was an amazing event coordinator and we are so thankful for all of the assistance she provided! Many of the local vendors (caterer, flowers, cake) we worked with were familiar with Tanganyika, which made it easy to coordinate delivery times, set up, etc., and Holly was very helpful in making sure everyone knew where to go and what to do when they arrived.

We are so glad we chose to get married at Tanganyika and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a fun and unique location.

Savannah · Married on 07/25/2015

I thought this vendor was expensive, but the money helps pay to take care of the animals and the park during the winter months when the park is closed to the public. Holly, the events coordinator, was super helpful. She was right there all day. If we needed anything, she would get it. When we were walking around taking our wedding photos, she held my dress so it wouldn't drag and carried water bottles for us. At our last meeting with her, about a week or 2 before the wedding, she wrote down all of our vendors names and phone number (and also what time they were showing up) so that on the day of the wedding if somebody hadn't shown up when they were supposed to, then she would call so we didn't have that extra stress out on us.

Sarah · Married on 05/09/2015

Wow. I can't even describe how amazing Tanganyika and Holly, the events coordinator, are. They have over and beyond exceeded all my expectations. Holly worked with me from the beginning and made sure my vision was carried out. The place is absolutely breathtaking and I cant wait to see how the pictures turned out. We even got pictures with my wedding party with giraffes! This is such a fun and unique venue to have your wedding and I got so many compliments on the venue. HIGHLY recommend!!!!

Carolyn · Married on 05/05/2015

The venue was absolutely amazing!!! Our coordinator, Holly Page was wonderful. She made sure everything was perfect!! I had a wonderful, stress free experience =)

My hubby and I are so happy we had our ceremony and reception at Tanganyika. Holly was so helpful during the planning process and always responded to us quickly. She was a HUGE help on our wedding day, escorting us around the park wherever we wanted to take pictures, and even carried the train of my dress for me :) The venue is such a beautiful place and we can't wait to see the pictures! Everyone loved seeing all the animals and we got several compliments from guests on picking such an awesome venue! Tanganyika exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend them for weddings or any event!!

Naisha · Married on 04/12/2015

I am not sure if there are enough words in the English language letting everyone know how Wonderful Tanganyika is on your wedding day. From water, to towels so you don't get dirty, to the friendliest staff you have ever met. You might think a Zoo is childish or not classy but you will be completely wrong. The venue made our pictures GORGEOUS, the kids loved it, my parents thought Holly was Top of the line. Holly was so wonderful to the point that I felt like a gained a friend. The accomidated all of my needs and if for some reason they could not Holly found a way to make it work. My family and friends still keep talking about our day as the BEST wedding ever! We could not of done it without Tanganyika Wildlife Park and we definitely could not of done it without Holly ..

Don't miss out on the wedding of a lifetime!

Alisa · Married on 12/06/2014

I chose this venue for it's flexibility and value. You can have any caterer you want, or even bring your own food. You can purchase and bring your own liquor and drinks. It was the best option for us to stay within our budget. The coordinators were so helpful! We took pictures before the wedding reception and they were both out there with us and they even helped me with my dress which I really appreciated. The bridal room to get ready in was very clean and convenient for my group, too. The kitchen and bar area was the perfect size as well. There's a projector you can utilize which I made sure we did! We had a lot of guests (roughly 300). So the tables were pretty crowded, but I expected that already so it wasn't a big deal. Our guests like to get up to walk around and mingle anyway. Basically, I loved everything about this place. My reception was perfect!