Tampa Bay Watch Reviews

Tampa Bay Watch 7
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 06/01/2019

Dream Venue

We had our dream wedding at Tampa Bay Watch. All of our mostly out of town guests absolutely loved the space, the beautiful view, and we're still hearing about the gorgeous sunset everyone enjoyed in the evening (made for great pictures too). Jon was super responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. And we loved that our money was going towards a good cause. AMAZING price for what you get too!!! Cannot recommend them enough... it was the perfect spot to have our wedding and we couldn't be happier.

Sent on 06/09/2019

Thank you Caitlin!
    So glad your out of town guests enjoyed the facility, and of course, the beautiful water view. Congratulations from all of us here at Tampa Bay Watch, and thank you for helping make Tampa Bay a better place.

Amanda D. · Married on 04/06/2019

A Dream Come True

Getting married at TBW was a dream come true. The venue is absolutely stunning, the proceeds go to an incredible cause, and the staff are amazing. We worked with Jon throughout our planning process and the day of. Every interaction we had with him he was always very positive, upbeat, and made sure we were taken care of every step of the way! He knows the venue inside and out and knows how to throw a great party. Jon's top priority were the bride and groom's happiness; Sure enough, we had the experience of a lifetime. Thank you, Jon!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Thank you Amanda!
    We're glad your day was special and one of a kind!
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 01/12/2019

Venue of Wedding Dreams

If you are looking for a private, elegant, beautiful waterfront wedding- look no further than Tampa Bay Watch. We were initially drawn to this place due to the organization's conservation and environmental mission- it feels great to support their cause while also getting hitched! We were met with so much more than an environmental space: Jon, the Bay View room coordinator (AKA Wedding Guru) showed us incredible professionalism, quick communication and knew what to ask us without us knowing what kind of things we ought to be thinking about. Jon knows this venue inside and out, due to the number of weddings he has witnessed here. He was SO helpful to all our vendors, our photographer, and even my maid of honor and father as he helped us time when to begin walking down the aisle.
    Our expectations were exceeded. There are so many small details that, when looking back, were flawless, seamless. Even if there were small hiccups during the day, they were handled smoothly due to Jon's professionalism and his excellent communication with my family and wedding party. There were likely many more details that he handled that we may never know of! (Thanks Jon!!!!)
    Another reason Tampa Bay Watch makes for a great wedding venue is the way the building and land is angled for sunsets. We had a 4:30 PM ceremony start time (January wedding). As soon as ceremony ended, our photographer was ogling over the incredible lighting she was able to work with for our photos and portraits.
    Many family members and friends approached me later and told me a dolphin was jumping in the background, during our ceremony as we were saying our vows...magical!

Sent on 01/30/2019
    Tampa Bay Watch 8

Tampa Bay Watch's reply:

Thank you Haley and Ross for the kind words. We're glad your day was picture perfect. Thank you for helping make Tampa Bay a better place. As you mentioned, your rentals go directly back into the education and restoration of the Tampa Bay Estuary. Best of Luck and Congratulations from all of us here at Tampa Bay Watch!
  • Dominique

Dominique · Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent Wedding Venue!

Jon at the Tampa Bay Watch was so helpful! He helped us through the entire wedding planning process. The other staff were helpful and courteous when we came to visit the venue randomly for vision and planning. On the day of, we had valet parking set up by the venue and an on-site coordinator (Jamey) to help us with anything that came up. The grounds are stunning and well kept - plush, green grass and clean shoreline. The venue is absolutely gorgeous - the girls finished getting ready in the bridal suite, our ceremony was on the grass, the cocktail hour and sunset were on the outdoor deck overlooking the beautiful water, and the reception space was perfect for a party of ~100 people. The reception space would not work as well for larger parties (say, 130+), but double check with Jon. The cost of the venue was a little shocking at first, as we expected from reading other reviews. However, this cost is WORTH IT. This venue is stunning, you will not regret the extra cost. Also, they put this money toward keeping Tampa Bay clean and wildlife rescue and educational programs - so to me, this allocation of funds was meaningful. We had such a beautiful day! Of course the weather is always a concern in FL - we lucked out, but even if it were to rain, the "back-up" plans we came up with (under the venue or up on the deck) would have been beautiful as well. We can't thank Jon and the Tampa Bay Watch for the most perfect wedding day we could have imagined!

Sent on 11/01/2018
    Tampa Bay Watch 15
    Tampa Bay Watch 16
    Tampa Bay Watch 17

Ami and Mark · Married on 09/23/2018

Great, friendly staff , beautiful locanaccommodating

I worked with Jamey and Jon- the coordinators at Tampabay Watch ! They both were so accommodating and friendly! It was a pleasure working with them both!
    The Venue location and the different options they have available for the ceremony and reception made it easy with having a plan A and a plan B - depending on the Florida Weather with rain showers . The day was perfect! I highly recommend this Venue! Such a beautiful ceremony and reception we had ! Thank you TampaBay Watch !

Sent on 10/17/2018

Tampa Bay Watch's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Ami and Mark!
    Congratulations from all of us at Tampa Bay Watch.
    Thanks to you, your rental fees go right back into the education and restoration projects we do here at Tampa Bay Watch. Thank you for making Tampa Bay a better place!

Lisa · Married on 05/12/2018

The event space was amazing! Beautiful views and guests loved it! They were so easy to work with in planning!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Paula · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband and I had a wonderful experience using Tampa Bay Watch as our wedding venue. The view out the window of this venue is breathtaking and we received many compliments from our guests. The coordinator of weddings and events, Jon Ziegler, was wonderful to work with and even stepped in last minute to marry us! We would highly recommend this venue to anyone, especially to people who want to impress out of town guests with the beauty that Tampa Bay has to offer. The best part about Tampa Bay Watch is that they are a non profit organization. All money you pay for the event space goes right back into the community for their children’s summer camps and conservation efforts. Having your wedding here allows you to really make your wedding unique. They allow vendors of all kinds to cater so you can have any type of food you want. Definitely a great place for a beautiful, individualized Florida wedding.

Sent on 07/26/2018
    Tampa Bay Watch 18
    Tampa Bay Watch 19
    Tampa Bay Watch 20
    Tampa Bay Watch 21
    Tampa Bay Watch 22

HI Paula and Eric!
    Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure helping you with your big day. I was honored to be able to help step in at the last minute, and perform your vows!
    Congratulations from all of us here at Tampa Bay Watch
    Thank you for helping make Tampa Bay a better place!
  • aray

Abbey · Married on 04/21/2018

Tampa Bay Watch was our dream wedding venue and it did not disappoint on our actual wedding day! Jon and his staff were incredibly helpful and responsive during our wedding planning process and are a joy to work with. The venue itself is picturesque and we were lucky to have perfect weather on our day. All of our wedding guests loved the beautiful water views during the ceremony and cocktail hour and have continued to rave about the sunset. Our photos from our day turned out gorgeous, in part to our wonderful photographer, but also because of the beautiful scenery at Tampa Bay Watch. We cannot recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Samantha · Married on 04/20/2018

If you’re looking for the perfect venue on the water, look no further! We had our wedding in April at the Tampa Bay Watch and it could not have been more perfect. We knew we wanted our wedding to be on or near the Gulf but really hated the idea of having a beach wedding and being in the sand. Thankfully this venue offers a waterside wedding on grass. No sand in sight! The venue faces the west and is just beautiful for sunset photos. Jon was wonderful to work with and helped with any question or request we had. The fact that the Tampa Bay Watch is also a nonprofit organization dedicated to the protection and restoration of the Tampa Bay. I loved that our venue costs all went to help our local area, and really solidified our choice for the venue. Don’t let this venue pass you by!

Sent on 07/28/2018
    Tampa Bay Watch 23
    Tampa Bay Watch 24
    Tampa Bay Watch 25
    Tampa Bay Watch 26

Julie · Married on 03/17/2018

The Tampa Bay Watch and Jon Z. are amazing!! We are so happy we had our wedding here - its the perfect venue - private, on the water, unique building with amazing views, and you can choose your own vendors. This was the first venue we looked at, and after seeing a few more, there was no comparison. The lawn is gorgeous - perfect spot for a ceremony on the water, we had our cocktail hour upstairs on the enormous veranda, and reception inside.

Jon was so easy to work with and get ahold of, my mom and I were constantly contacting him and he took it all in stride. He went the distance to work with us and our needs - THANK YOU JON!!! You were amazing!!

We felt great about supporting the Tampa Bay Watch and their efforts to restore the bay. This facility is so beautiful, I am already wishing I could come back for another party!! Thanks TBW for making our wedding so special and beautiful :-)

Sent on 03/30/2018

Jessica · Married on 01/27/2018

We recently had our wedding at Tampa Bay Watch and I cannot express how wonderful it was. The venue and setting is just beautiful! Jon was so easy to work with and the event went so smooth. We brought in all outside vendors and had the ceremony and most of the reception out on the lawn with string lights hanging across. I would highly recommend this venue. It is especially awesome because you are also supporting a great non-profit organization focused on cleaning up the bay that we enjoy year-round and our guest enjoyed during their visit.

Sent on 04/09/2018
    Tampa Bay Watch 33
    Tampa Bay Watch 34
    Tampa Bay Watch 35

Susana · Married on 01/26/2018

Go to Tampa Bay Watch FIRSy when you look for a location for your or wedding or any event. It will save you a lot of effort. There is no reason you will want to pay for any place else when you see it...gorgeous views, easy access, plenty of parking, elevators, you can control your own catering and alcohol, fun dressing area and Jon Zigler, the event coordinator is wonderful.

I did my wedding there and everything went flawlessly. Just getting on the property calmed me down. We had the ceremony on the lawn, the cocktail hour on the upstairs porch and dinner and dancing in the main room. Thank you to everyone who made this day so fun and easy for us!

I want my ashes spread here while people drink champagne and eat cake as the sun sets.

Sent on 02/18/2018

Kristie · Married on 01/14/2018

I had my wedding here last month, it's a beautiful venue!! The sunset was gorgeous! The staff is wonderful. I was able to plan the wedding in less than 6 months and it turned out perfectly. I highly recommend this venue!!!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Ayn · Married on 04/21/2017

The venue is outstanding! You cannot do better for atmosphere with the water view and building. Jon Ziegler was incredibly helpful with every aspect of the wedding. His sense of humor helped a lot too! I highly recommend TBW for your wedding...and take advantage of the vendor's they recommend. Jon knows who's who in this business and who you can trust to do a good job. I cannot thank TBW enough for making my daughters wedding simply perfect!

Sent on 05/18/2017

R · Married on 04/21/2017

The Tampa Bay Watch and Jon are literally amazing. I seriously believe this is the best wedding venue in St. Pete (even better than the resort hotels!).

The venue is completely private and on the water, so there's no distractions during the ceremony or reception. It has an ENORMOUS 2nd-story deck, which has a beautiful view of the sunset. Jon was right, "During sunset, everyone will be out on the deck watching it." The best part is that this organization is a key player in the community by holding field trips for local schools and actively cleaning up the bay area. Your venue payment goes to restoring and preserving the waterways, which is far more desirable than boosting a hotel's profits.

Jon is THE reason we enjoyed booking this venue so much. He is so welcoming and flexible and "has seen it all." He will go the distance to make your day special while clearly communicating the boundaries to protect the venue and the outdoor space.

I would definitely book a few extra hours to decorate, because you'll want as much time as possible with your guests to actually enjoy the space.

I would give them 6 stars if I could!

Sent on 06/08/2017

laura lynn · Married on 03/18/2017

Absolutely loved my wedding venue! It is so easy to transform this place into your perfect wedding setting. Jon was extremely responsive & helpful throughout the process and we can't thank him and his team enough! It was awesome that the chairs and tables are included with the venue too! TBW offers a storage room and kitchen which I know was key for my caterer and DJ throughout the night. I wouldn't change anything about the venue - thank so much TBW!

Sent on 03/22/2017

Sara · Married on 05/14/2016

This venue is amazing! Some of the best views around! My wedding guests are still talking about how great the view was. (An added bonus are the great things Tampa Bay Watch does to preserve the bay and marine life!) Whatever your vision is, Tampa Bay Watch is beautiful enough to bring it to life!
    Also, Jon was wonderful to work with! He was always quick to respond to all of my questions and was such a great help to my family and I along the way!
    Truly, a wonderful experience!

Sent on 06/22/2016

I LOVED having my wedding at Tampa Bay Watch! We had the wedding on a Monday evening, and the weather was perfect! The view from the ceremony and veranda deck were stunning. Everyone loved it! I was able to bring in everything that I wanted, from nautical centerpieces to recyclable bamboo plates, and it was perfect. Being able to hand-pick my vendors allowed us to save a lot of money. Jon (the Community Room coordinator) was so helpful throughout the planning process. I would recommend this venue to any bride!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Tampa Bay Watch was a beautiful location for our wedding. Jon was a huge help prior to and the day of our wedding.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Peggy · Married on 02/27/2016

Jon was awesome! So very helpful with all the details, suggestions, etc. All our guest complimented us on the venue, how unique and personal it was. I highly recommend Tampa Bay Watch. And if you want invites made with a picture of the venue in it, I have a friend that did them for us, They were awesom and very inexpensive. Just tell Jon to give you Jaime's mom's number. :) We also did the tables with light houses, candles and shells, it was gorgeous. If interested we can send you pics and a lot of the decorations are inexpensively for sale.

Sent on 03/24/2016

Jenna · Married on 01/01/2016

We can not say enough great things about Tampa Bay Watch! Staff: Jon was very helpful and accommodating- a gem to work with! His calm presence during set up was much needed and appreciated. He provided a list of recommended vendors and gave us tips on how to set up the room. Facilities: When I mentioned Tampa Bay Watch to other local vendors their responses were all the same... Oh wow! We love that venue, it has a classy feel and amazing views. I couldn't agree more! Our photos look amazing. Even the photos posted from friend's cell phones look like the background is painted. Due to the natural beauty of the bay you really don't need to over due decorations. If you have out of town guests they will be impressed with the location. Plus they get to see the science lab and local wildlife.

Sent on 03/13/2017

melissa · Married on 11/08/2015

Most breath taking venue around. If want the seclusion and the best sunset ever for your special day this is the venue to be. The staff goes above and beyond for you. I am so glad I ran into this venue.

Sent on 01/11/2016

Melissa · Married on 03/07/2015

We loved having our wedding at Tampa Bay Watch! We were able to use the entire property and have our ceremony outside on the water, cocktail hour on the balcony, dinner inside and the dancing portion outside on the water under some wonderful lights! Laura was absolutely great to work with and I loved working with her!

Sent on 03/16/2015

Terri · Married on 11/29/2014

Laura and Jamie were amazing and did so much to make our day run smoothly. The venue is so beautiful inside and out! Just perfect!

Sent on 12/07/2014

Tampa Bay Watch was the PERFECT wedding venue for us. Growing up in the Tampa Bay Area and now living across the country, it was hard planning a wedding back at home, but Tampa Bay Watch was worth it to capture the classic Florida beauty that we wanted.

Laura was there for us through the entire process even with my cross country emailing and met with us multiple times to go over everything which I greatly appreciated, her counterpart who was there the day of the ceremony was amazing and made sure everything ran smoothly.

I cannot tell you how many guests, from both out of town and people who had spent their whole lives in Florida, came up to us and raved about the venue, wanted to know how we had found such a gem, and told us how beautiful it was! It was gorgeous and the day was perfect, I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else!

Sent on 11/25/2014