Tamara Kohno Photography Reviews

28 | North Salem, NH

28 Reviews for Tamara Kohno Photography

C W · Getting married on 01/02/2022

Skilled and Artistic!

Tamara is a fantastic photographer. She met me at my proposal location before we arrived, trekked through a muddy trail, and spent an hour with us taking gorgeous photos. All communication from her was timely and detailed. It was very easy to work with her to organize a photo session.
    Besides her professionalism and work ethic, she has a unique artistic style to her craft. She used the surroundings and lighting to capture beautiful pictures on a cloudy, wintery day. We highly recommend Tamara and will definitely consider her for any future photography sessions.

Sent on 02/25/2020
  • Nina

Nina Franks-Yoshinaga · Getting married on 09/04/2021

Photos from the wedding

Tamara is a well-seasoned photographer. She knew what to do at the right time. Her attention to every little detail while capturing our special day was incredible, but more importantly, she asked how both of us were doing during our whole photo session. We did not feel like working robots during our time with her. We both much appreciated that! We are both looking forward to working with her again during our wedding celebration later this year.

#NT #April2020

Sent on 04/29/2020
  • Dave

Dave Novak · Getting married on 03/02/2021

Quality Photos

We really liked the quality of our pictures and we recommend Tamara to all our friends and we would hire her again if we need a photographer we give her a rating of 5 stars

Sent on 05/05/2020

Amy Jo · Getting married on 11/04/2020

Fantastic Photographer

My wedding was canceled due to COVID-19. Tamara did her best to accommodate me in my time of need. Unfortunately, she was unable to work with us on our new wedding day in October. Within a few days a colleague of hers reached out to me asking if I needed anything from planning help to photography, I really appreciated that. It was hard to deal with everything that is going on and knowing that Tamara cared enough to still try and help speaks volumes, not only about her business, but her as a person. As far as a refund, she agreed to send me my the full amount I sent, aside from the deposit and I think that is more than reasonable.

• Gesibela

Gesibela Sousa · Getting married on 10/01/2020

Great experience

Had a great photo session, Tamara was creative and skillful, photos came out natural. Great quality pictures, so many good ones, has to pick a favorite.

• Maria

Maria Oha · Getting married on 09/12/2020

Amazing experience and fantastic photos!

I hired Tamara as my wedding photographer for a 4 hour session (couple session + wedding ceremony) - and I am so glad that I did!
    From the very first message, she was very professional, helpful and friendly. We we on a tight schedule and she got the most out of every moment! Tamara was very responsive and punctual, she was ready to go from the moment we met.
    What I loved the most was that she knew exactly what to do - there was absolutely no confusion or awkwardness ('where do I put my hands?' 'how should I stand?' etc) Of course, she took into consideration the moments that I wanted to capture and some poses that I liked, but it was really natural and fun to work with her.
    Tamara is also a naturally kind person - it felt like I was working with a good friend who wanted the best for me, even small things like having a place to put my coat outside, to adjusting my hair so that it looked better in a photo. She so easy to talk to and everyone at the wedding mentioned what a sweet and professional photographer she is! I loved all of our photos - from traditional poses by Boston landmarks, to candid shots with my family members, every image I got back shined with our personalities and captured truly special moments that we will cherish for the rest of our lives!
    Thank you so much for being a part of our wedding, Tamara, we are lucky to have found you!

Sent on 01/26/2020

Kourtney · Married on 06/20/2020

Engagement photos

Tamara was such a pleasure to work with. She made me and my fiancé very comfortable, very professional and gave great direction for beautiful pictures. I couldn't be happier with the outcome! I definitely will be recommending her to everyone I know!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Alana Inouye · Married on 03/07/2020

Absolutely flawless!

Working with Tamara was flawless! From the very beginning of the process it was all smooth! Tamara is so friendly, professional, and easy going. It was so easy taking the pictures on the day of our wedding! She communicates well and wants to make sure she is doing the best job she can for her clients! Extremely talented and takes pride in her work! Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a photographer for any occasion! We will be a repeat customer for sure! Thank you so much again Tamara!

• Mackenzie

Mackenzie Mayes · Married on 02/21/2020

Tamara is amazing!

My husband and I got married on February 21, 2020 and absolutely LOVED our experience with Tamara, and we love our photos even more!

We found Tamara through WeddingWire and have been so impressed since day one. Tamara responded to our inquiry very quickly and put together a photography package just for us that was perfect for our needs, and at an absolutely unbeatable price. The package included 6 hours of on-site photography, a wedding album, a number of prints, and a free engagement shoot. Unfortunately we were not able to make our engagement shoot, but Tamara was so flexible and understanding when we had to cancel last minute.

Going into the wedding, we were a little uneasy having not met Tamara in person before the wedding day, but within 2 minutes of meeting her, Tamara had put me completely at ease and I felt that I could completely trust her. Tamara is so approachable and friendly all the while being extremely professional. We had a large wedding party and we both have decent sized families, so I was nervous about getting everyone where they needed to be for pictures and being able to fit all the pictures in that we wanted, but Tamara was amazing at directing and posing everyone, and making sure everyone knew what they were needed for. My husband and I are also both a little camera shy usually, but both of us have never felt more comfortable in front of a camera than we were with Tamara taking our photos. She made us relaxed and made the portrait-taking experience so much fun!
    During the month after our wedding, Tamara had to close her studio due to the Covid Pandemic, but she still was able to get us our photos in a timely manner. Having now received our photos, my husband and I are both ECSTATIC with how they came out. Every single one is absolutely beautiful.

Our experience with Tamara was incredible, she is professional, kind, knowledgeable, efficient, and extremely talented. Her services are incredibly affordable - based on our experience I think her services are the best deal around, and we definitely recommend her!

Aida Kavara · Married on 01/17/2020

Excellent experience

We had Tamara for our baby shower. We love the photos she took and how nice, professional, punctual and flexible she was.
    She made our special day memorable forever :)

Sent on 04/11/2020
  • Adela

Adela Ballester · Married on 10/19/2019

Beautiful pictures for a beautiful wedding!

Tamara is quite a gifted photographer. She's got a talent for being warm and supportive yet professional and creative. She knows how to walk couples through poses and make them feel natural. She jumped in whenever we needed to get the right angle but pulled back and let us enjoy each other's presence while snapping shots. I've often heard people talk about how boring or stressful wedding pictures can be, but with Tamara, they were fun and memorable. Easily one of my favorite parts of the wedding. She captured some amazing moments with me and my husband, as well as our families. I find myself, nearly a year later, looking through the photos and smiling. They were so well done and showed just how happy we were. Thank you, Tamara, for giving us these lovely memories that we can share with our loved ones.

Melanie · Married on 09/28/2019

So great to work with!

Tamara was amazing to work with! She was easy going and so laid back which helped me to feel comfortable (and hopefully not look awkward in my photos!). She took my engagement photos about a year ago which came out amazing, and I can’t wait to see my wedding photos! She was so great about me pulling her left and right in her last half our to get pictures of certain groups and family members! I’m so happy she took my wedding photos, I couldn’t have asked for a better photographer!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Jen

Jen Gardner · Married on 09/25/2019

Best experience ever! A+++++

Best experience and price ever!!! HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Tamara!! She was fun, engaging, professional and awesome! So incredibly happy with the photos she did for our wedding!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Dana

Dana Kelly-Love · Married on 09/13/2019

**WOW to this ARTIST** Beyond my wildest dreams!!!

Where do I begin on this woman and her magical gift?! I suppose I’ll start when I requested info from several photographers in the Boston area for a Salem vow renewal (coming in from Philadelphia). Tamara was timely, patient, helpful, efficient and thorough from the get-go. My ideas weren’t so ordinary, and yet she was excited to take me on as a client. I found choosing a photographer via all of my various inquires to be dull and nerve wrecking until I saw Tamara’s full portfolio of work. I immediately went back to her and said, “I need to secure you now!”. This event was more important than my original wedding day and I so desperately wanted my envisioned photos to turn out well. I didn’t want basic. She’s far above standard quality for photos and her work stands out amongst peers. Leading up to the event, she was “on the ball” in every way possible (more than I was lol). The day of the event, she was full of responsibility, respectful ethic, thoughtfulness, and patience... all while carrying contagious enthusiasm with endless creativity! She “sees” things differently, in the most beautiful of ways. However she isn’t pushy (like my original wedding photographer was) and goes above and beyond to serve you and your wishes during the event. She consistently made sure we were satisfied at each location before moving on to the next series of photos.
    Trust me when I say *trust Tamara* to provide you your dream photos (and then some). Once I received my (timely) photos, I literally felt a physical response upon seeing them, and also never felt more beautiful in my life. My hub and I constantly hear how stunning our photos are. Multiple people have been brought to tears over the emotion they felt from them. My daughters also ADORED her. My shy one opened up easily to Tamara and her essence. I could go on, but I gotta stop somewhere! A TRUE ARTIST SHE IS. Scoring her would be one of the best gifts you give yourself and your loved ones. This review may be a little long, but it’s for very good reason! She is a treasure. Forever grateful for Tamara! ~The Love Family from Philly

Sent on 10/01/2019

Edward Quinn · Married on 08/31/2019

Great Photographer

We were so happy with Tamara and her photographs! She was extremely pleasant and fun to work with! We couldn't have asked for more as she captured the day perfectly! Tamara captured not only the ceremony but so many great candid photos from the reception! I cant say enough about Tamara and how happy we were with her! Tamara cost less than most photographers but I would argue that her work is as good or better! Thanks Tamara!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Samantha Keating · Married on 05/31/2019

What a DREAM Tamara is!

We are so delighted we found Tamara! She was totally punctual, and as soon as she arrived got to work capturing what turned out to be some beautiful pre-wedding moments. After introducing herself to everyone she organized the whole family to start taking the photos we needed to get - she did an awesome job of handling the large group. She made us feel so at ease, and showed us how to pose for pictures. She had already scoped out the location ahead of time and had found a bunch of places to take beautiful photos, which really impressed us. And best of all, the pictures came out amazing! We're so happy with them and we can't wait to get them printed and framed. Working with Tamara was just a joy!

Sent on 06/12/2019

taylor · Married on 05/25/2019

Engagement Photos

Tamara was hands down the best photographer we’ve ever worked with! SERIOUSLY - she made the experience something my fiancé and I thought was going to be unbareably awkward... super fun! I don’t have anything but positive things to say about Tamara!!!!!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Liesel Smith · Married on 02/22/2019

Ah-mazing!

Tamara was amazing! We decided to elope pretty last minute and wanted the specific date of 2.22 Tamara responded quickly, anytime I emailed her. Our communication was wonderful! I met her the night of the wedding and we all felt so so comfortable with her. She was able to get everyone to laugh and smile during our “formal” shots. She was able to get those quiet moments as well. I have a gorgeous shot of my parents holding hands, I melted. She got great candids during dinner and I couldn’t be happier with all her work
    Can’t say enough good things about her!

Sent on 03/01/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 01/05/2019

Literally the perfect wedding photographer!

Super chill, professional, quick turnaround, amazing photos! Tons of touching candids and great funny ones too!

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Angelisa

Angelisa · Married on 10/26/2018

City Hall Wedding

Tamara made my small city hall wedding feel important and special. She took the time to accommodate around our chaos and took amazing photos of not just me and my husband, but also of all of our family members. I highly recommend her. We will be hiring her again to take more photos.

Sent on 11/02/2018

Christine Boothroyd · Married on 09/30/2018

Our Wedding

Tamara was professional, comfortable, and so kind. Such a breeze to be with. Her images were beautiful and captured our day perfectly!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Kristen · Married on 07/15/2018

Tamara is amazing

She did such an amazing job on our engagement and wedding photos. She is very personable and down to earth, we love having her do our photos.

Sent on 11/01/2018

Laura · Married on 09/10/2016

Wonderful experience

Tamara was wonderful and very accommodating. Our wedding was on an island in wine which required travel and ferry time. She was on time and never complained about the extra work to get there. She took great candid photos that captured the essence of our wedding. She even surprised us with a video! It was such a treat to have that addition. We loved her and highly recommend her to shoot your wedding!

Sent on 11/25/2018
  • Tessa

Tessa Lundquist · Getting married on 08/02/2020

Wonderful wedding photographer!

I am extremely happy with our wedding photos and am grateful Tamara was our photographer. She was a joy to work with, captured beautiful moments without being obtrusive or obvious, and was excellent at going with the flow (including taking outdoor photos on a bridge in 20 degree weather!). So many guests have commented on how great she was and we've gotten wonderful feedback on photos we have posted. Highly, highly recommend!

Samantha Moore · Married on 11/09/2019

Great experiences

My favorite picture of my wedding was a perfectly framed close up of my husband and myself under my veil. Tamara was so sweet and does a great job!

Sent on 04/10/2020