Tall + Small Photography Reviews

Tall + Small Photography 1
Tall + Small Photography 2

Elizabeth · Married on 06/22/2019

Fantastic Photographers!

I can not recommend Tall + Small photography enough! Both Mike and Erin were fun, professional and great to work with. Mike and Erin were easy to work with and open to suggestions. The pictures are fantastic!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Megan

Megan Mckinley · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful Work

We thoroughly enjoyed working with TALL & small leading up to and on our wedding day. In addition to excellent communication prior to our wedding, we felt comfortable and at ease working with Mike on our wedding day, even though it was the first time we met! In addition to putting us at ease, he was extremely organized and professional. And we could not be happier with the photos he shared afterwards. He did a beautiful job capturing the important moments of the day, in both formal and informal shots. We definitely want to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Sarah Dodd · Married on 04/26/2019

Amazing photographers!

If you want to feel seen and cared for on your wedding day, call Tall+Small! We are so grateful for this dynamite duo! They took just as many amazing candid photographs as they did formal portraits. We are over the moon with our wedding photos and can’t thank Mike and Erin enough for capturing these forever moments. Truly, these two are the real deal!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Hannah Chettleburgh · Married on 12/29/2018

The Best in the Business

Tall + Small were one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! The shots they come up with are phenomenal and they did a great job accurately capturing our day. From the more formal ceremony shots to the fun reception shots, they did a great job showcasing the tone of the day. They also are extremely efficient and we finished taking our pictures much faster than we had estimated giving my husband and I some down time just to ourselves, which honestly was one of my favorite moments from our wedding day. Mike and Erin are such a pleasure to work with and do a great job of making you feel natural in front of the camera. They also are extremely fast with getting your photos back to you, which we really appreciated! All in all I can't recommend these two enough!

Sent on 01/13/2019

Jaclyn · Married on 11/02/2018

Fantastic!

We had a very small ceremony, so we had the "tall" (Mike) of the Tall & Small team and he was fantastic! He was personable, relaxed, friendly. You could tell he really wanted to make sure he got the pictures we wanted. He braved poor weather and gave us STUNNING pictures. I HIGHLY recommend Tall & Small.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Meg D · Married on 10/16/2018

Their work is AMAZING! (And so are they!)

We couldn't be more thrilled with the way our wedding pictures turned out! The photos are mind-blowingly fabulous! Mike, Erin, and Wendi, our wedding-day second shooter, did a phenomenal job of capturing so many tender moments. The candid pictures are full of energy and artistry. And our posed shots are gorgeous, too! The TALL + SMALL team is fun, calm, caring, and really put us at ease. They are beyond lovely, and the pictures reflect their unique sensibility, warmth, humor, and careful attention to detail. They took our engagement photos, too, and we've gotten so many compliments on them. We'll cherish these memories forever. It's fantastic to have so many incredible pictures of all of our favorite people celebrating and dancing the night away. Hire them for ALL THE THINGS!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Allie · Married on 09/22/2018

Wow. Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. We are SO grateful we found Tall + Small - from the start they were prompt, professional, and wonderful to work with. Their eye is impeccable - after the wedding and before we received our pictures, we would say stuff like, 'Oh gosh, I hope they got that moment!' and of course, when we received everything, not only did they get every single moment we were wondering about with multiple stills, they captured so many other tiny and details and beautiful things that would have otherwise been forgotten to time - and not only did they just photograph that moment in time, but they photographed it from the best angle, with the best lighting and editing that anyone could wish for. We have so many INCREDIBLY gorgeous pictures from our big day, it's almost rather overwhelming trying to decide which ones to print and frame. On top of it all, they just happened to be really cool, awesome people to have around all night - in planning, you don't realize how important that is until you're in the full swing of things, having fun with those around you! Thank you so much for everything, Tall + Small!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Josephine · Married on 07/28/2018

Mike and Erin were an absolute delight to work with! They were accommodating, professional, thoughtful, and enthusiastic in all ways, and made our day a supremely comfortable one. The photographs of our wedding are absolutely gorgeous - Mike and Erin's care for their work and warmth for their clients shines through in everything they do.

Sent on 08/21/2018

Rimma · Married on 06/09/2018

Mike and Erin were one of the first people we booked for our wedding and were definitely our favorite vendors. From the very first email, I knew that working with them would be a breeze and that they would be there for us every step of the way. They were extremely responsive to all my emails and were ready to troubleshoot any concerns that we had. They were very receptive to all our ideas and starting with our engagement shoot, they blew away our expectations. They made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and even provided a changing room for me (i.e.: their car) during our outdoor shoot. On the day of the wedding, Mike + Erin were incredibly efficient and made it feel like they weren't even there, but at the same time we knew they were capturing all the moments that were so important to us. They were able to herd our family members for our formal pictures in a quick and easy process and also made sure that we were able to get the pictures that we wanted. They were always able to grab us quickly for some stunning pictures without making us feel like we were missing our own party. The sneak peaks of our pictures are amazing and I can't wait to see the rest of them. I look forward to working with them again for any future events and would highly recommend them if you're looking for some fun, quirky, and talented photographers.

Sent on 06/22/2018

Mary · Married on 10/07/2017

We're so happy we chose Tall+Small to shoot our wedding. In addition to creating beautiful photos (we got tons of compliments on them, and we're making a book!), Tall+Small captured moments and emotions that we'd never want to forget. Hugs, laughs, goofy faces, several rounds of Sink the Biz... they got it all! During formal shots, they set everyone at ease and got through it all quickly, so we could get back to the fun (and fun pictures!). Friendly, creative, and fun to work with, I can't recommend Tall+Small highly enough.

Sent on 10/26/2017
    Tall + Small Photography 3

You guys made our engagement photo shoot super fun and very relaxed. Super awesome job and I can't wait to see what our wedding photographs will look like!!!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Elise · Married on 07/09/2016

I honestly don't have enough good things to say about working with Mike & Erin! We hired them for our wedding + engagement photos and it was the best wedding planning decision we made by far! If they are available for your date, BOOK IT while you can! You won't be disappointed! Not only were our pictures magical, Mike & Erin were amazing to work with throughout the planning process & the day of. We had a huge wedding party (20+!!!) and somehow they managed to make our wedding pictures feel effortless. We barely even noticed they were there half of the time, but the pictures are proof they were there to capture every moment! We even had guests comment how impressed they were with how on top of it our photographers were at the reception. It also deserves to be mentioned that the turnaround time to get our pictures was incredibly quick (2 weeks after our wedding, that's almost unheard of) + we got a ton of pictures (seriously, SO MANY pictures), and the quality is still exceptional! So bottom line, Tall & Small is the only way to go!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Kate · Married on 06/18/2016

We worked with Mike and Erin for our wedding and we couldn't be happier we did! They were wonderful to work with leading up to the wedding. The day of, they were very accommodating to our schedule and helped us streamline the photo process between the ceremony and reception. We felt comfortable with them and I think our pictures are better because of it - no cheesy, uncomfortable, over-staged shots. We were blown away by the photos and how quickly we received them after the wedding. Browse their website and the quality of their work will speak for itself. Mike and Erin were professional, reliable, fun to work with - everything you want in a wedding photographer!

Sent on 09/23/2016
  • W

Wenqing · Married on 05/29/2016

If you want a photographer that's creative, fun, unique, highly-skilled, or looking for photos that will make you smile/laugh/or even cry with happy tears when you look at them, Tall and Small is definitely the best option! Mike and Erin are two very sweet people! They are very professional!
    The pictures they took just have something special in them, that no others can duplicate, it is like magic! I knew I made the best choice of picking them as my photographer the moment I saw our engagement pics they took. The pics were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!
    I have not seen all our wedding pictures yet, but from the sneak peeks! They were superb!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Makenzie · Married on 04/23/2016

I would not hesitate to recommend Tall and Small Photography to any of my friends. Erin and Mike were so great to work with, as they took the time to get to know us and clearly put a lot of thought into every shot they took. Both my husband and I do not enjoy having photos taken, but they made it such a pleasant experience. The photos they took are beautiful!

Sent on 07/04/2016

Mike took all day photographs at my daughter's April 2016 wedding and at a special ceremony the day before. He was wonderful- worked with us to find out what we wanted; was professional and friendly and courteous to everyone; was tolerant of hard-to-round-up relatives; was efficient and did formal photos quickly and well. Was unobtrusive-- I know he was there, taking lots of pictures-- but I never even noticed him, so no distraction at all! We haven't see all the photos yet but the sneak peaks are great! Would highly recommend him.

Sent on 04/11/2016

A · Married on 03/25/2016

Wonderful experience! Very communicative, exceptionally adaptive when we had to change to a rain plan just a day before the wedding, and fantastic at keeping us on schedule (and even getting us photos that we didn't think to ask for!). I will recommend TALL+small to everyone!

Sent on 09/21/2018
    Tall + Small Photography 4

Tall + Small Photography's reply:

Thanks, A+D!!!! Your wedding was so fun and your friends had us laughing so hard! All the best!

Jennifer · Married on 10/23/2015

All I can say is book this photographer as soon as humanly possible for your event! Mike is extremely professional, creative, quick, and technically skilled! Prior to the wedding he met with me and discussed in detail all my concerns. I left our meeting feeling very calm and with the best piece of advice I got leading up to my wedding. On the day of I took his advice and enjoyed my day trusting that he and the other vendors would take care of everything. I was not disappointed. We got all our hi resolution digital images back in less than 2 weeks (pretty sure it was 10 days). Everyone who has seen the photos agree that the color, composition, and lighting are perfect. The feedback I hear most often is "These look like the kind of photos you would see in a studio gallery." He also did an amazing job of capturing all the not posed moments that were so special.

Sent on 11/09/2015

We had a phenomenal experience with Tall and Small. They were professional and flexible throughout the entire process, and their customer service was unbelievable. They really went above and beyond to give us a great experience and create gorgeous photos for us. We were thrilled with their beautiful photos and will treasure them forever. Thank you, Tall and Small!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

We selected a wedding date, but moved it to the following Saturday because Tall and Small were not available. Our ceremony and reception were at an outdoor venue. The weather the original Saturday: 70 and partly cloudy. The weather the following Saturday (our wedding day): 90s and a thunderstorm. Do we regret rescheduling for Tall and Small? Not in a million years!!

They captured every aspect of the day in vibrant and creative photos. Flipping through the gallery is like reliving the entire day. They'll listen to any suggestions you have, but always have ideas of their own and you should give them latitude in that respect because it will be worth it. Very professional, but relaxed and fun. They know how to work a wedding, getting all the shots you want and capturing all of the ones you will love but wouldn't have thought to suggest. Mike snagged both of us at one point and told us we had to get out on the lawn. When we popped outside, we saw the most amazing post-storm sunset, deep purples and blues. Not nearly as amazing as the photos he took with that as a backdrop, however. Hire them, you will not regret it!

Sent on 08/24/2014

Erin + Mike are absolutely fantastic! They took amazing photos of us while staying true to our personalities. Can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/28/2014
  • Megan Taylor

Megan · Married on 01/04/2014

Everything about Mike and Erin (Tall and Small, respectively) is perfect. They are by far the best duo to work with and their photography speaks for itself. They were so flexible with some of our crazy needs (like making them drive out of their way to come shoot our engagement photos) and helped us figure out exactly what we needed on the day of our wedding. We got our pictures back 2 1/2 weeks after the wedding and I haven't been able to stop looking at them - they captured not only the significant moments, but the little ones as well. They were so discreet on the wedding day that there are pictures we didn't even remember seeing them be around to take! They are so easy to talk to and respond to emails very quickly. They have plenty of advice if you have any questions and are willing to what it takes to make whatever you want, happen. I still am amazed with everything when I look at their pictures and am so thankful we chose photographers who captured everything so clearly. Their photos are lifelike and bright, without looking one bit overdone or overly retouched. The pictures make it look exactly like how the moment was, which is all you could really want from your wedding day. I would happily recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 01/30/2014

Neal · Married on 08/04/2013

Erin + Mike are fantastic, both as professionals to work with and photographers to capture your wedding. They were a pleasure to work with, easy to reach, and very fast in their responses. They were fun to have around and easy to get along with. The turnaround was superfast, (we saw the first one that night, and the rest a week or 2 later). And best of all, their photos were PHENOMENAL. Everything looked beautiful with some really funky gems that were unique and stunning. They captured lots of small moments that we missed and put a unique perspective in those photos to make them look incredible. Check out a few on their website, give them a call, and you'll see why they are a Raving 5 stars and highly recommended. If only they lived in Boston so we'd have an easier time recommending them to all our friends!

Sent on 09/01/2013
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 07/13/2013

Mike and Erin are so incredibly talented!! We got our photos back a few days ago (super fast turn-around), and they are PHENOMENAL! Absolutely GORGEOUS! These guys are fun, super easy to work with, quick to respond to any question, and all you have to do is peek at their website to see the quality of their work. My mom says she wishes she could send them back in time to photograph her wedding! Also, the photobooth is worth every penny. Our guests had a blast with it! Half my friends on facebook are using photobooth pictures as their profile pic!

Sent on 07/25/2013