Tableau Reviews

Tableau 6
Tableau 7
  • Morgan

Morgan · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Fabulous place for my rehearsal dinner!

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner at Tableau in the parlor room and the experience was nothing short of amazing! The food was fantastic, the wait staff was very attentive, and all of my guests had a great time! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 04/23/2019
  • Erin

Erin Loggins · Getting married on 04/16/2020

Low stress and exceeding expectations

We planned a very simple and small wedding ceremony in Jackson Square, and wanted to celebrate with brunch after. Tableau was the perfect location, and the menu was great for out of town guests wanting traditional New Orleans cuisine. Everyone was so impressed with the menu, and I never had to worry about a single detail! It was exactly what my husband and I imagined for a low-key impressive ‘reception.’

Sent on 08/12/2019

Tableau's reply:

Thanks so much Erin! So happy you were pleased with everything. Please let me know when we can be of service again.
  • Christopher

Christopher Barbee · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Love this place!

We had an after wedding brunch for ~25 people, and the service and food were excellent, as was the room setup. We had forgotten to arrange for flowers for the table, but the restaurant had already taken care of it! Overall wonderful experience! We ate dinner here a few nights later and totally loved it. Highly recommend the Tableau!

Sent on 05/18/2019

Hi Chris,

So glad we could be of assistance for such a special occasion! And thrilled that you all enjoyed your experience with us. If we can ever be of service again, please just let us know. Thanks Chris!

Brian K. · Married on 10/05/2019

Excellent group experience in the Tableau "Wine Room"

Recently visited New Orleans and restaurant Tableau for the first time. We had a group of 13, and were treated to an excellent experience. The cozy private Wine Room experience exceeded expectations. The food, beverage, and service were all top notch. Our group had a blast, and would recommend Tableau for all of these reasons, including their customer service flexibility. Thank you much!!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Tableau's reply:

Thank you so much Brian! I'm so glad we were able to accommodate your group and that you all had such a great time. Please come back and see us sometime. We would love to be of service again!

E Jones · Married on 09/13/2019

It was a great experience! The venue, the meal, the staff. All so great!

Tableau was the perfect venue for our rehearsal dinner. Everything was great! The planning, the staff, the meal, the location! I can’t say enough good things!

Sent on 09/14/2019

Max M · Married on 08/07/2019

Engagement Dinner

They have a private room that has views of the spires of St. Louis cathedral. It couldn’t have been better.

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Drew

Drew James · Married on 06/22/2019

We loved having our wedding dinner at Tableau!!

I can’t say enough wonderful things about Tableau! They hosted our very intimate wedding dinner in the Library room and we had the most wonderful night there. The food was diving and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Stephanie Aubrey was a tremendous help and was so accommodating throughout the entire process and made our experience planning the event seamless. I highly recommend having any event here!!!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Hi Drew,

I am so happy you were pleased with everything! You and your family are delightful and I thoroughly enjoyed working with you all. If we can ever be of assistance again, please just let me know. Thanks so much!

V Ro · Married on 06/10/2019

Perfection

Beautiful private room and excellent service made for an unforgettable bridal luncheon. Thank you to the staff at Tableau!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Alexis Randall · Married on 06/10/2019

Intimate wedding at Tableau

Our experience for our intimate wedding at Tableau was beyond incredible. Every step of planning with Stephanie was so smooth and informative and I couldn’t ask for a better contact or representative! Tableau is so accommodating and they do so much to ensure their guests are taken care of. The venue is beautiful and was perfect for our guest. My husband AND the guest are still raving about how delicious the food was. Our wedding day was absolute perfection. I would recommend this venue to anyone!!

This was a destination wedding for us and I cannot express enough how senseless the planning was from another state.

We can’t wait to come back to New Orleans to celebrate our anniversary.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Aly Sullivan · Married on 06/08/2019

Formal bachelorette dinner in the French Quarter

I hosted our bride and 11 other women (originally planned closer to 16) for a formal dinner in the wine room at Tableau. The process to contract the room was seemless (entirely virtual signatures), and menu selection was easy with a lot of options. Not only that, but the food was genuinely good, which isn’t always a guarantee at some restaurants when it comes to big groups. Our service was phenomenal - unfortunately, our bride arrived a bit late with the other girls, but we weren’t at all rushed by the Tableau staff. Overall extremely pleased with the outcome of the evening. Pricing wise, there was a minimum spend on the room, but we quickly exceed that between charcuterie, a theee course meal, sides, and flowing wine, so don’t let that be a deterrent unless you’re a very small group (in which case book a table with them!)

Sent on 06/11/2019

Hi Aly,

Thrilled to hear that you were pleased with everything. Please let us know when we can be of service again. You were a pleasure to work with and we'd love to have you back. Thanks so much!
  • Margaret

Margaret Brasel · Married on 05/30/2019

Excellent service!

Excellent Service everyone was very professional and especially the head waiter who was in charge of everyone was the best I’ve ever worked with. The food was amazing the service time was perfect the waiters or very professional. The bartender made sure everyone had a full glass. I would highly recommend tableau for any parties, meetings or events. Thank you for helping us have a wonderful rehearsal dinner and after party for our son and his new wife.. Margaret Brasel.

Sent on 06/16/2019

Kerry Henry · Married on 05/24/2019

Engagement dinner

Tableau gave us an amazing experience. The food and staff were exceptional. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Michelle Briley · Married on 05/04/2019

great venue!

Great staff and service for group of 20 this past weekend. Highly recommend this venue. Our only negative review would be not having valet parking.

Sent on 04/01/2019
  • Esther

Esther · Married on 04/24/2019

Amazing wedding brunch at Tableau.

We had our wedding brunch at Tableau on 9/15/19. I would recommend Tableau to anyone who is looking for an excellent dining experience, fun atmosphere and top notch service. Stephanie Aubrey made sure that every detail was taken care of. Her knowledge and expertise in dealing with people and her availability made communication easy. It was a pleasure to deal with her from start to finish. Erik and the staff at the restaurant on the day of our brunch was amazing and made sure that everything was perfect. Our guests raved about the food and the service that they received. They enjoyed the band that plays at the restaurant, The Joe Simon Band, who came and played for our guests. All in all they had a true New Orleans experience. I highly recommend Tableau without hesitation. Thank you for making my brunch a success!!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Hi Esther,

Thanks so much for the great review. !t was such a pleasure working with you! We really take a lot of pride in what we have to offer and the service that we provide and it is truly rewarding to have such a happy customer. If we can be of service again, please just let me know. - Stephanie

Mel Tes · Married on 03/29/2019

Bridal Brunch

The bride and the guests really enjoyed the event. Wait staff did everything to accommodate our needs. Many guests said they had no idea that there were so many options (rooms) in the venue. Everything was beautiful.

Sent on 02/11/2019
    Tableau 12
    Tableau 13

Ann Jasken · Married on 03/22/2019

Rehearsal dinner :)

Stephanie was so helpful with planning my rehearsal dinner. She was also extremely patient when I changed my mind multiple times about different things. She had great ideas and advice. I would highly recommend Tableau. The staff, food, location, and room were AMAZING! :) Our families and friends kept commenting on how great everything was.

Thank you so much for helping us create beautiful memories. :)

Sent on 03/22/2019

Hi Ann,

I am so very happy you were pleased! You have no idea how much that means to me. You were an absolute pleasure to work with and I hope to have the opportunity to do so again in the future. Thanks so much Ann!

Best wishes,

Albert Short · Married on 01/12/2019

Engagement Party

Great food, service, and plenty of options for any event.

Sent on 01/14/2019
  • Roxanna

Roxanna · Married on 12/14/2018

Amazing Rehearsal Dinner Location!

We hosted our rehearsal dinner here and it was ABSOLUTE perfection. The guests raved about the food all night. The staff was incredibly attentive and made sure guests never wanted for drinks or anything. They were very quick to accommodate on the spot requests (more food, adjusting music volume and providing a mic for speeches). I really can't say enough good things about Tableau. I think the best example of their attentiveness was when my grandfather, who is diabetic, arrived to the dinner and was struggling with low blood sugar from not having eaten lunch that day. Within minutes a waiter had rushed over with a glass of orange juice and a basket of bread to help get him stable. The whole situation was handled and over with before I even knew it had happened!

If you want a venue that is classy (absolutely gorgeous ambiance), professional, and serving delicious creole food then you have to choose Tableau! They really made the whole experience easy and enjoyable.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Maria Prejean · Married on 12/02/2018

Bridesmaid Brunch

Great venue, entertainment and food! Easy to work with!

Sent on 12/03/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren Brink · Married on 11/10/2018

Bridal Luncheon

Tableau was a wonderful venue for my bridal brunch. There was a variety of food options that were very affordable, and I was able to create my own menu. The service the day of the event was five-star, and everything went very smoothly. I definitely recommend Tableau to all of my friends and family!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Hi Lauren,

Thank you so much for your very kind review! You were an absolute pleasure to work with and we thoroughly enjoyed hosting your group. I hope that you all will come back and see us for any future special occasions.

Kelly Sherlock · Married on 10/20/2018

Great space for an intimate wedding

I called Tableau looking for a space for some clients coming to NOLA to get married mid week with 20 of their closest friends and family. Tableau was great to work with leading up to the event and they did an amazing job with the space, the guests, the menu, etc. Everyone had a great time and the food was amazing! Great experience and I'll definitely be using them again!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Hi Kelly,

Thank you so much for the kind review! We really strive to put on a seamless event. Being in the wedding business, it really means a lot to me that you were pleased. I look forward to working with you again in the near future.

Judy · Married on 02/11/2017

Engagement Dining Private Room

The entire staff from
    Event planner to wait staff was so accommodating for the event. They went out of the way to make sure the evening reflected the fact that this was a very special evening for us ! My guests are still talking about how wonderful the food was! I can’t imagine a single thing they could improve on .. I would giveback ten stars if I
    Could !!!

Sent on 02/12/2019
    Tableau 14
    Tableau 15

Christina · Married on 07/23/2018

We had our wedding on July 23, 2018 at Tableau, using the second floor. We had previously eaten at the restaurant while on vacation in New Orleans, and found the food and location to be beautiful, not to mention it has such a stunning courtyard. We planned the wedding entirely from a distance and did not have a wedding planner. This required a great deal of communication from Tableau's staff. Stephanie managed our wedding, ensuring everything was in place and ready to go for our arrival. The day of the wedding was spectacular - many of our guests commented on how the shrimp and grits was the best meal they've ever had in their lives, and the service was so good that our glasses were never empty. We demanded a lot, and Tableau, particularly Stephanie and Eric, exceeded our expectations. Vendors came and delivered items when we were not there, and everyone worked together to make it an amazing night. We used the Courtyard for our ceremony, the Green Room for our reception, the cocktail hour in the Drawing room then later dancing, and a late night beignet station in the library. Guests had full access to the balcony overlooking iconic Jackson Square. It was a perfect layout to make our guests feel comfortable in a historical building. After such a fun night, we forgot many things. The customer service was so good that items were dropped off at our hotel to ensure we got our property back before leaving on a flight home. I highly recommend Tableau for your wedding. We have been back for a few weeks and all of our friends and family continue to talk about what a wonderful wedding it was. You will not be disappointed. Thank you to Stephanie, Eric, and the staff at Tableau.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Cheryl Caronia-Yates · Getting married on 06/20/2020

3.6

Too expensive minimal

I know the venue is expensive but not everyone can spend 10k on reception. You have a minimum to spend. I would have liked to consider them but cant.

Sent on 08/01/2019

Erica · Married on 12/27/2018

2.0
      2.0

Disappointing Service on Our Wedding Day: A Cautionary Tale for Other Brides

I do not recommend this venue. Perhaps our experience is an exception to the rule, of course, but consider this a cautionary tale if you’re thinking of booking a significant event (such as your wedding dinner) at one of Tableau's private dining rooms.

First, some background: My husband Ryan and I took great care in selecting a dinner venue for our intimate, destination wedding in New Orleans in December 2018. My groom has particularly discerning taste in food, wine and service, so we wanted to make sure our wedding reflected that. Online reviews and initial responsiveness by the team at Tableau helped us select this venue for our private wedding feast with our immediate family. We booked the Parlor Room joyfully and were looking forward to dining there following our French Quarter ceremony and Secondline parade up Bourbon Street. But oh dear – what an EPIC FAIL by the team at Tableau in delivering on our wedding day.

Food: It was great. This was the best element of our night at Tableau. As for the rest …

Ambience: We walked into the private Parlor Room where lights were on full blast (not dimmed and softly romantic, as requested); there was no music playing (we had requested a light soundtrack, not dead silence); and the room was insanely hot. I was confused and shocked as I entered the space. I turned to the manager and asked why it was so hot; he casually said they’d open a window and that would cool things off ... epic fail with response. We needed air conditioning stat, lights dimmed and music playing. None of these requests were taken into consideration at the onset, and it took repeated requests to get things adjusted to reflect the occasion.

Service: It was terrible, absolutely terrible. We were given two clearly junior wait-staff members to attend to our wedding party of about 20 people. My groom spent much of the night trying to chase down the manager with all of the service hiccups. For instance: We ordered three bottles of very expensive wine. It took 40 minutes to get this wine, at which point staff brought the wrong bottles -- saying they were out of the one we requested. They then proceeded to "find" a bottle of the one requested at my groom's insistence, but never poured it for my groom. It also took nearly 40 minutes for my first cocktail to arrive … when does a bride need to wait that long for a drink while all of the other guests are served first? This is just a snapshot to the start of the evening. Service was exceptionally sloppy throughout and the manager's responsiveness deserves an F.

Many of the night's hiccups were handled by my wonderful groom, so that I could enjoy the festivities without feeling the burden or frustration. He even had a call with management a few weeks after our wedding to provide our feedback and express disappointment -- even that call was met with a tone of "Eh, sorry, next ..." No explanation given, no make-good, nothing.

Again, this could be an exception to the rule with Tableau ... but my fellow brides, why risk that on one of the most important days of your life? Hopefully my story is of service for those weighing dining options in New Orleans.

Sent on 04/07/2019

Tableau's reply:

Erica, thank you for your review. Without honest feedback from guests such as yourself, we cannot address and fix a problem if one should occur. I genuinely care about each and every one of my clients and I was truly upset to hear that you all were not pleased with your experience with us. Following your event, I did speak with management and the service staff regarding your event, as promised, and measures were taken to improve upon our service. Among them, we now highly encourage guests to have us set up their own personal bar in the Parlor Room to avoid any delays in drink service when the restaurant is busy. We also ask that when a group wants to order wine off of our regular menu, instead of from our group wine list, that they put that request in at least a week in advance. This allows our beverage manager time to ensure that either we have ample bottles in stock or that we are able to source them before the event. It also alerts the service team to have them ready. I am happy to report that with these measures in place, our events have run smoothly and we’ve had nothing but positive reviews so far this year.

Erica, I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dickie Brennan & Co.