Taber Ranch Vineyards & Event Center Reviews

20 | Capay, CA

20 Reviews for Taber Ranch Vineyards & Event Center

Julissa · Married on 09/07/2018

Taber Ranch is a stunningly gorgeous venue and has an amazing staff who went above and beyond what we expected of them. They provide great communication leading up to the date and all the preplanning went smoothly, including our wedding rehearsal. Shout out to Danielle who was our wedding day coordinator and made sure to make our day perfect! One example is that our florist forgot the date of our wedding which led her to arrive late & unprepared. Danielle and her staff jumped into action to make sure the flowers, centerpieces, and wedding arch were put together and placed, with only 30 minutes before ceremony start! As you can imagine, this could have been an incredibly stressful event for myself and my husband, but luckily we were in good hands with Danielle and her staff! I highly recommend them to anyone looking as they treated us like family and made sure to accommodate our needs!

Carmen · Married on 04/21/2018

My husband and I got married two weeks ago at the beautiful Taber Ranch. Everything was perfect! Natalie, Danielle and the rest of the staff are truly amazing. Leading up to the event, Danielle was always available to answer my questions/concerns. One of the things that I first loved about Taber Ranch, aside from the beauty of it, was that it appeared that the staff took care of a lot of the little things (lawn games, rustic décor, the day of coordination of the event, tables and chairs included and so on). That was exactly what happened and it was way more than I expected. The day of the wedding, everyone knew exactly what to do and made our wedding truly the best day ever. Our guests are still telling us how beautiful the venue and the surrounding sceneries were at Taber Ranch on our wedding day. You cannot go wrong with having your event at this beautiful venue.

lyndsey · Married on 09/30/2017

All I can say is AMAZING. Taber Ranch made my dream wedding come true. We couldn't have picked a better venue. All we get is compliment after compliment about how beautiful the venue was and how helpful and organized the staff was. I promise you will not be disappointed with Taber Ranch.

Doug · Married on 08/05/2017

We got married on August 5th, 2017, and honestly, it was incredible.

Why? a ridiculously good looking couple, a hundred and thirty loved ones, and mostly, Taber Ranch itself.

Lets break down why this is the best venue ever:
    - SCENERY: It is an unbelievably gorgeous setting with rolling hills, the lake, the beautiful barn, bocce ball court, and twinkle lights everywhere. It feels truly secluded and special.
    - AWESOME STAFF:: Natalie, Terri and all the staff were INCREDIBLY helpful, friendly and professional. From the early exchanges, to all the questions and prep leading up to the wedding, to the impeccable level of service on the day, it was all superb.
    - DETAILS:: All the little touches: the chalk boards, the antique furniture, the vintage trailer and man shed where we both got ready, the white parasols, the lawn games, the firepit for s'mores, the red caddy as a wedding car - Its like stepping into a Pinterest Page of the most gorgeous rustic chic fairy tale wedding.
    - VALUE :: As any newly engaged couple can tell you, venue searches are terrifying and exhausting. Our many many (MANY) hours of search didn't turn up one location with this level of visual beauty, setting, professional service, and the little details that make your guests want to Insta on the spot - for that kind of value. We feel so very very lucky to have been able to get married there.

There is nothing better than having your guests effusively tell you that yours is the best wedding they have ever been to - that its the most beautiful venue that they have ever been to. Sure, there was a really ridiculously good looking couple, and a hundred and thirty pretty cool people, but honestly they are really talking about Taber Ranch.

Its a very special place for a very special day... We cannot recommend them highly enough.

Addison · Married on 06/04/2017

Look no further, Taber Ranch is the place to get married! Amazing venue and even more amazing staff!!! They made our special day so magical and I am not one to subscribe to that fairy tail type stuff. I had looked at several venues that were beautiful, but I knew when I stepped out of the car at Taber I didn't need to look any further. Can't recommend them enough! Truly most amazing venue!!!

Minh · Married on 05/28/2017

Taber Ranch is secluded and the epic rolling golden hills are the perfect back drop to get married. The staff at Taber are one of kind. Natalie and Terri run a seamless and efficient show at Taber. They have gone above and beyond to accommodate so that the husband and I could have the wedding of our lives. The Taber team does not cease to go above and beyond. Communication has been efficient and clear. While we were only contracted to have day of coordination, I felt like Terri and Natalie really were more of wedding coordinators for our whole wedding planning process. At times, they served as my therapist. I never felt so relieved than when I handed off all my details of the wedding to them and they executed everything to perfection. The venue fee include use of very unique vintage furniture and props, the sweetest of bridal suites on a renovated school bus, sweeping hill vistas for the ceremony, bocce ball court, use of lawn games and more. This venue is a bride's dreams come true! Thank you Taber Ranch for allowing us to celebrate our love at your beautiful venue!

• Hannah

Hannah · Married on 05/04/2017

Taber Ranch is one of the most beautiful venues in the Sacramento/Woodland, CA area. If you are looking for a rustic, elegant, budget friendly, venue for your wedding, Taber Ranch is the perfect option. Not only is the price unbeatable, but the staff is incredible! The day of my wedding (May 4, 2017), I do not think I could have been more relaxed and comfortable without Taber's team. They work so hard to keep the grounds beautiful and they pay GREAT attention to detail. The day of coordinator Terri is GREAT!! She not only helped keep the timeline of the day but she also did my flowers. I am not much of a flower person so spending thousands of dollar on them seemed ridiculous. That is when I sought out Terri. I sent her a few photos of what I was wanting and the product she provided was even better! The price was around 600$ and I could not have been happier! Thank you so much to the Taber Ranch team you guys made our wedding unforgettable!

Sincerely,
    The Happy Bride

Taber Ranch is every barn bride's dream come true. Owners are very kind, as well as flexible! They even provide a ton of decor and about 90% of choices are at no extra cost.

Alyssa · Married on 06/25/2016

The Taber Ranch made for the perfect setting on my wedding day. The staff is so professional and they are so on top of it. We literally brought all of our props and they set it up for us. The venue was absolutely spectacular and I couldn't have asked to get married at a better or more beautiful place!

Kathy · Married on 06/25/2016

Check Taber Ranch out!!! They book quickly! This is a beautiful venue and the staff members are absolutely amazing!!!!

Robin · Married on 10/09/2015

Absolutely stunning location!! Breath-taking views. Staff during planning were phenomenal!! The day of staff made everything go smoothly. They truly make your special day special and help eliminate any stress. We couldn't have asked for a better location or group of people to work with.

Theresa · Married on 05/15/2015

Our wedding at Taber Ranch exudes the romantic and rustic California country feel. The location was exceptionally beautiful and the staff was even more impressive. Here’s our list of experience with Taber...

Professionalism:
    - From the start, Nathalie and Michelle were incredibly responsive and informative throughout the planning process.
    - Taber Ranch is manicuring themselves to be an expert venue for weddings and caters to weddings so professionally.
    - Nathalie and Michelle have a process that helps you to stay organized and on top with the venue.
    - Nathalie and Michelle are detailed-oriented and meticulous. Great coordination work with all of your vendors.
    - The entire Taber Team has a great attitude.

The LOCATION:
    - Its completely private to you and your wedding.
    - There’s so many areas for the ceremony and reception.
    - Its a hilly vineyard farm so our photos of the golden hills are beautiful.
    - You get to use the two 1950s CONVERTIBLE RED CADILLAC for photos and shuttling people.
    - Plenty of parking.
    - Flowers everywhere!
    - Two bathrooms for women and one for men.
    - At night they have lighting for the reception area and in the barn to create such a romantic ambiance.
    - Bridal area is a refurbished bus with a sink inside to get dressed and an outside patio area for the bridesmaids to hangout.
    - There are so many areas for people to mingle and hangout such as, deck with fire pit, barn, lower barn area, sitting areas all around. bocce ball court, and even a garden to walk through.
    - Safe areas for kids. Many of the parents were very happy with being able to keep an eye on their children as they were playing with other children.
    - The closest hotel is actually a casino and so many of our guess took advantage of staying there enjoying the resort and golfing.
    - Incredibly reasonable rates for a venue.

We highly recommend this venue. Our photographer and videographer had a blast with capturing our wedding and the beautiful surrounding.

Tessa · Married on 09/06/2014

We had the pleasure of working with Natalie and Michelle at Taber Ranch for our wedding. The team did an amazing job in conjunction with our caterer and wedding planner to make our day so special. Our guests were astonished with how beautiful the venue was and we loved that we had our own little oasis to celebrate with family and friends. The view from the hill top is breathtaking and the barn is perfect for dancing the night away. Plenty of room for everyone! They were very flexible and allowed for multiple site visits with family and different vendors. Hands on and hard working. They really take pride in the venue and the service they provide.

• I

Ingrid · Married on 06/14/2014

I wish I could give 10 stars, our wedding last week was simply outstanding and much of the credit goes to Taber Ranch and the people who worked so hard to make our wedding memorable. From the first time I met with Natalie and toured their beautiful ranch I knew this would be the perfect place for our wedding and every interaction I had with them really showed me how professional and on point they are about organizing your big day.
    Natalie, Michelle and everyone who works here are so easy to work with. I got a quick response to every e-mail I sent and any issues I was worried about were quickly addressed. I struggled over fitting in a 90 person group picture and wedding party introductions without moving everyone around too much and they came up with an awesome intro for my husband and I that could only be done in a venue like Taber. I was stressing about my flowers wilting and they made sure not to bring them up to the hilltop until right before the ceremony so that they wouldn't wilt under the sun. I had made last minute changes to the seating at my head tables and didn't change the escort cards potentially causing confusion. Michelle noticed it and made sure everyone had a seat and knew where they were sitting so that there'd be no confusion. It was so obvious that they were doing everything they could to make the wedding run smoothly and look beautiful. I wanted a string trio but they required shade for their instruments so Taber set up a small tent to keep them covered. I could keep going with all the things they did but it would fill a book.
    It can get hot but they do everything to keep guests cool, no one at my wedding complained and there were some heat sensitive folks there. Book Taber for your wedding, your guests will all rave about it. They made sure my wedding went flawlessly, our parents were thrilled with the outcome. A first class group of people are running this ranch and will give you the wedding of your dreams!

Christina · Married on 05/26/2013

Michelle helped coordinate our wedding and we were so thankful, planning a wedding in less then 8 months is not easy. The staff there is amazingly helpful and when I arrived everything couldn't of looked more perfect. The location is amazing, the views STUNNING. Between the garden, the hilltop, the pond, the barn, the vineyard, the olive orchard you couldn't get better wedding photos. All of guests had a blast exploring the place, taking pictures and dancing the night away!

Becky · Married on 10/04/2008

I was married here in 2008 and LOVED this venue and the staff, who bent over backwards to make our day special. They took a personal interest in our special day and made it very easy for us. They recommended a great caterer (The Buckhorn), whom they had worked with previously, and they were also excellent. It was rainy the days prior to our wedding and the weather was sketchy the morning of, but Taber kept in touch with us and our wedding party and was ready for anything. Luckily it didn't rain, but if it had, I know it still would have been an amazing day. I highly recommend Taber Ranch as a beautiful wedding location with the BEST people to work with!

I absolutely loved the beautiful rustic look of Taber Ranch. Natalie was so pleasant to work with and very responsive and helpful. Here were the things that really caught our eye: they have a great built-in bar (no need to rent one!), bathrooms were roomy and close by, they have the most awesome dressing room that had been a bus in its former life, they have 2 cool red cadillac convertables, they have a fire pit and bocci ball court, as well as umbrellas and flip flops our guests could use were a big draw for us. Did I mention how beautiful the location was? Knowing that we were working directly with the family who owned the property was also a big plus because they were clearly invested in making the whole experience pleasant and fun.

Despite all of these wonderful things, there were a couple of drawbacks to Taber Ranch, which may or may not be a big deal to some. There weren't many places for guests to stay around the area. There are a couple of places somewhat nearby, mostly a couple of really cute B&B's and some small motels/hotels, but our family and wedding party would have had to be all split up in different towns, and we were a little concerned about people getting home safely since most of the places were 20+min away from Taber Ranch, and even farther away from each other. Again, depending on how big your wedding party is, and how many people you're inviting, this may not be a problem. We had hoped people could stay at Cache Creek, but they wouldn't let us reserve any of the rooms on a Saturday. :( We even thought about having our wedding party stay in Sacramento and shuttling everyone in. It was starting to get a little complicated. I still think it's a beautiful place, and wish we could have found a way to make it work, especially since the venue was such a great price.

• Johanna

Johanna · Married on 04/26/2008

2.6
      3.5
      1.5
      2.5

Taber Ranch is the most naturally beautiful wedding location I've ever seen, but the staff is impossible to work with and there are a lot of draw backs to the venue - such as the lack of potable water and only having generators for power. It made it extremely difficult for our dj and caterers. You can't find a more beautiful location though, so if you're willing to put in some extra work, it's worth it!

Melissa · Married on 07/26/2013

1.4
      0.5
      1.0

We got married at Taber Ranch in July of 2013 and it’s a beautiful, perfect location, but we had a terrible experience with the staff and management.

Bad things next: This venue is extremely expensive, and the service we got was not worth the price we paid. For our 100 guests, we paid $7000 and we paid another $500 for the hilltop ceremony site. This included tables and chairs, the things listed above, and day-of coordination and that was it.

Terrible things: Kim was supposed to help us as a day-of coordinator. Kim did not do her job. She did not contact vendors to confirm their arrival times. She allowed our ceremony to start 30 minutes late, leaving people waiting in the hot sun. During the reception, she was asking us questions about timeline that she should have known because we gave it to her in advance. When we needed her for things like finding the missing toss bouquet, she was nowhere to be found. Either her staff or the catering staff began cleaning up before the reception was over, and Kim did nothing to stop them. All these issues with Kim caused us a huge amount of anxiety, stress, and disappointment on our wedding day.

Worst of all, when we brought these issues to their attention, the owners of Taber Ranch did not take responsibility or apologize for Kim’s lack of professionalism. When all was said and done, we requested a partial refund and it was given to us, but only after about 2 months of correspondence.

Taber Ranch is a beautiful location, but extremely expensive, poorly run, and thus not worth the price.

Samantha · Married on 06/20/2011

1.2
      1.0
      0.0

I completely second the first review. Taber Ranch is gorgeous, but the staff is impossible to work with and insane. They constantly send you revisions of the "contract" you sign with them, adding on all kinds of restrictive rules. You never know what answers you are going to get - as they change from day to day. I loved having my wedding here because it was beautiful, but the staff definitely made the planning process extremely stressful.