T&L Catering Reviews

37 | Plainfield, NJ

37 Reviews for T&L Catering

37 T&L Catering Reviews

Jin · Married on 10/06/2018

Tom and Pam were awesome! Food was great and price was reasonable! Planning and execution were second to none! Thank you for doing awesome job for my wedding!

Geovana · Married on 09/09/2018

T & L Catering was awesome from the very beginning! The day of....everything was set up exactly how I wanted it and they even helped out with trays and carts for unexpected needs. Everything was cleaned up quickly and neatly without interruption. The leftovers were in trays labeled and ready for transport home. The bartender was excellent as well, always had a cold one ready for me!

Victoria · Married on 08/11/2018

I absolutely loved the service from T&L catering! Tom and Pam was so helpful with everything. Food was absolutely delicious and I must mention Jackie our Maitre d' was just the absolute best!!!! I loved everything about T&L

Tammy · Married on 06/09/2018

I had my wedding ceremony & reception at The Grand in Linden on 6/9/18 It was hosted by Jaclyn. I have to say I could not be more happier the way my wedding was conducted. From the beginning to the end she was so on point on everything that was taking place. The staff was all very professional & the hospitality was tremendous. I would highly recommend that if you are looking for a reasonable great place to have your event T & L catering is definitely worth looking into. The food was also great! Thank you for making my wedding to be more than a perfect memory. Sincerely
    Tammy & Sheana Nesmith. P.S request Jaclyn she is amazing!!!!

MARTHA · Married on 01/28/2018

Great Experience with T&L Catering. Down to the ladt detail they were simply amazing.I can’t wait to work with then again on another event.
    Food, presentation, availability to answer questions. All exceeded my expectations.

Mariela · Married on 09/23/2017

Catering staff for our wedding was amazing! They did not stop running back and forth all night to make sure everything was perfect for us. I provided them with a timeline that they followed step by step which made the night run so smoothly. All of the staff especially Nita did absolutely amazing all night long! The food was delicious and we got a lot of compliments on the cocktail hour and dinner. They definitely made my night stress free and one to remember.

Marie · Married on 08/28/2017

Words can't properly describe the experience I had working with Pam and Tom of T&L/Leon's Catering. I used them for my son's USA wedding celebration and I couldn't be happier about my choice. I had questions and concerns that were addressed quickly, and both Pam and Tom made sure that all went well (which it did!). The guests are still raving about the food. From the appetizers to the entrees, which included lobster ravioli, stuffed flounder, baked salmon, eggplant, chicken francaise, tortellini with fresh spinach, penne vodka, chicken with sun- dried tomatoes and artichokes, every dish was amazing. The cookies and pastries as well as the ice cream bar were also incredible and a big hit with the guests. I can't say enough about the wait staff which Pam provided. They went above and beyond to provide the best service. Georganne, the maître d', made sure that everything went smoothly, and I did not have to worry about anything; she was awesome! The same held true for our bartenders, Mike and Suzie, who were incredible. They were on top of everything and our guests were thrilled with the service. I highly recommend T&L/ Leon's Catering. They are the best! I will definitely be using them again.

Marie · Married on 08/05/2017

We chose this place initially for the price and fell in love with the food at the tasting! We also loved how comfortable the staff made us feel throughout the process. Prompt answers via email and awesome service at the wedding. The way the food was displayed was beautiful and staff was amazingly helpful with setting up our venue. The bartender kept the drinks flowing and happily made the signature drink we chose Our guests are still raving about the food! Georganne even made us a plate of appetizers and brought it out to where my husband and I were taking photos during cocktail hour. My only regret is that my husband and I never got a chance to eat any of the penne vodka at the wedding as it was all gone when we went inside! Our guests keep tormenting us telling us it was the best they've had! We've already decided to use T&L for future catering needs! We may be calling you for our baby's baptism next year!

Claudia · Married on 07/07/2017

Where do I begin! I am one who looks at reviews for almost everything so I thought why not help others out. We were looking for caterers for our Wedding and I was discouraged with the pricing I found with many vendors. one thing I really liked is that they do offer most of their menus online which is a big plus when you are searching It saves you time and the vendor with getting an idea with cost. We found T&L Catering from two recommendations. We never tasted their food but we heard it was good from what they could remember. Tom was helping us choose our menus and was very honest and detailed with what to expect, he was very patient with me because we had constant emails through the process. Fast forward to the event and everyone raved about the food so I was very happy to hear about that, especially since we never tasted it. LOL. The tent we rented was beautiful and so clean, trust me people notice that and I loved that the tent had ropes tied to these big nails that were staked to the ground. I loved the look because I have seen others with ratchet straps all over as opposed to just the corners.
    For the price we paid it was just amazing! I have vowed to us them from now on for any future parties I will have. I even want to throw parties just to use them, like really. Oh also our Matre'D Georgeann was super great! we had a lot of mishaps at the wedding and she really worked well with us and made me feel at ease even though things weren't going according to schedule. Planning your own wedding takes a lot and to have someone take care of minor details really is major because after the day was done I was like wow, they really took care of things that I had forgotten about until the even was over. Thank you so much for your whole entire staff I will be sure to always pay it forward and recommend you guys. Love Claudia

Tammy · Married on 05/13/2017

This was a fantastic experience with T & L. From the beginning to the end. Jackie and her crew were there for everything that we needed. She worked with the DJ and Photographer to make my sons day one to remember forever. Thank you for all the you did. The food was fantastic as was the presentation of it.

Sent on 05/16/2017

T&L Catering's reply:

Tammy, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and services at your son's wedding. We thank you for allowing T&L to be apart of such a special occasion. All the best to the newlyweds!

Thea · Married on 10/08/2016

From set up to break down our experience couldn't have gone any better. 2 months later our guests are still raving about how delicious ALL the food was and how awesome the ice cream bar turned out. Georgeanne our maître d was simply amazing. She made sure our day went smoothly, our guests were happy, and everyone left with a big smile on their face saying how much fun they had. Pam/Tom - Thank you for everything! Your team is phenomenal & we will forever be grateful for choosing T&L to cater our wedding celebration.

Sent on 12/07/2016

T&L Catering's reply:

Thea - Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your special day...it was a pleasure! We are still talking about the beautiful flower arrangements you made. Congrats and all the best to you and your husband! Pam

JoAnne · Married on 09/17/2016

Hello! I have used T & L Catering for several of my occasions and have never been disappointed. The one event that was the most important was my wedding and the hostess was exceptional and people commented about the good food. I would highly recommend T & L as my choice for a caterer.

Book T& L catering. Will be one of the best wedding decisions you make. After getting numerous quotes from caterers, T&L was far more affordable. We saved a lot of money, we chose from their off premise catering menu for our wedding. We were on a budget and didn't want to break the bank. These guys delivered!!!!!! They were so flexible working with us and creating a menu that suited our needs. The food was DELICIOUS. The jerk chicken was to die for. Have you ever been to a wedding where they serve really bland, blah food? Even though this is a more budget friendly choice, it is NOT THAT!!! It is rich and flavorful, wonderfully spiced. Your guests will be well fed and happy. Not only that, but they are exceedingly professional on the wedding day. The staff and our maitre D took excellent care of us and our guests. Leading up to the event, they were so easy to work with, always answering our questions and accommodating special requests. Prompt reliable communication. I would recommend to any family or friends. Also, another perk with these guys is they DON'T have liquor liability which means you save a TON of money on alcohol!!!!! We provided our own alcohol purchased from a discount wine shop, and whatever the T&L bartenders didn't go through, we returned.

Bottom Line: If you're looking for excellent value but don't want to sacrifice quality, pick T&L Catering.

Sophia · Married on 05/28/2016

The staff was beyond exceptional! My wedding was beautiful. I would recommend this venue to all my friends! Thank you for making our day special!

katie · Married on 12/27/2015

We used T&L for 3 summer housewarming BBQs and we couldn't be happier with the food or service! This was our first time doing at-home catering, and we took a leap of faith as we weren't able to make time to try samples. We got so lucky! Each time, they were responsive and delivered the food right on time. Everyone raved about the food, and they worked with us to accommodate different requests each time. Even when they forgot a tray of chicken nuggets at the last party, they sent someone out right away, and it was ready in time for our guests' arrival. A great experience!

Elaine · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I had a destination wedding in Puerto Rico in July. We booked T&L Catering for our reception in NJ for the rest of our family and friends that weren't with us in PR. Whoever I had to contact regarding our event were very helpful and professional. They made it very easy for us. The day of the event, we were given plenty of time to set up as for our DJ and Photo Booth guys. We had our party at the Grand Banquet Hall in Linden, NJ which had plenty of parking space for our guests. The table set up looked great. The food was also great. Our family and friends still talked about how great the food was after the party. The staff were superb. They were very attentive to us and our guests. They made the whole day feel effortless. I would highly recommend their service to all my family and friends.

Rebecca · Married on 09/26/2015

T&L catered our wedding on Sept. 26th and they were absolutely amazing! From the tasting to the setup to the food to the cleanup, everything was spot on! Our maitre de was wonderful with coordinating everything (we were doing pictures while they were setting up and she had us assign a point person so we could focus on pictures and they could still have everything right) and it turned out perfect! Have had many compliments on the menu (tortellini w/alfredo and beef tips in particular). Would use again!

Allie · Married on 09/12/2015

T&L was such a huge part of making our wedding day so wonderful- they were there for me every step of the way (Pam is the best!!) and even when I'm sure I was being overbearing with my endless questions and concerns, they were nothing but pleasant and accommodating and were very timely in responding. The food was great and we come from a family of restaurant owners who are hard to please.. needless to say, everyone was very impressed! The quality was great and the quantity was more than enough - something I was a little worried about. Even the displays used for our station style buffet were so cute, with little chalkboard signs telling you what the options were. Now on to the best part - the price! They were 20% cheaper than any other place I'd looked into and when you're feeding 170 guests, that makes a big difference. I also needed to rent some last minute tables and linens and I was able to do everything through them- so easy!! If I had to plan another wedding tomorrow, I wouldn't even think about using a different caterer. They truly made my wedding amazing. Thanks Pam, Linda, Tom and everyone else at T&L!!

Jeffrey · Married on 08/22/2015

We just got married August 22 2015. Tom was fantastic in preparing our event(sit down dinner with cocktail hour).His communication with us was very helpful. We had contacted numerous other caterers and the size of our kitchen in the sky room of our building was small that almost all said they couldn't do a sit down just only buffet. Tom said he could and he came through with flying colors. The service and food was excellent and his staff all accommodating and friendly and courteous. The linens and plate ware were perfect setup was timely and they took control and everything ran smoothly. They coordinated with our entertainer and so the event was spectacular and my guests were vey happy. We will be using them again for an anniversary or any catered party we may have. My final comment is that their price is very fair and you will not be disappointed with using them.

T&L did my catering for my rehearsal dinner. They showed up on-time and set everything up without even knowing they were there. The food was delicious and the portions were generous as well. We would definitely use them for future parties that we need catering for.

• User4196235 · 2+ years ago

Tom and his team did an AMAZING job at our wedding. They were the nicest people, so accommodating, and super quick to respond to any of our inquiries. I was a little nervous about the buffet aspect not being as nice as a sit-down dinner, but people could not stop talking about how delicious the food was (especially the cocktail hour)! I am a pretty tough food critic, but I was very impressed with the flavor, variety, and presentation. The value for what you get... not enough stars to express that!! Thank you T&L!!!

Food was good and generous. Email was not answered in timely manner but they were answered. Staffs was absolutely amazing. Price was lucrative. I will definitely recommend T&L catering, again and again.

• W

Walter · Married on 06/14/2014

Exceptional service! We had a backyard wedding and they were very helpful throughout the entire process. They also handled tents, table and chairs rentals. With the food everything was done at a reasonable price. There was a lot of great food to choose from, all of it was delicious.

Delicious food. Always fast response with phone calls. Flexible and well priced. They couldn't have done a more amazing job.