26 Reviews for T Carolyn Fashions

Mother of Groom (1)
Jewelry (1)
Shoes (1)
26 T Carolyn Fashions Reviews

I needed a Mother of the Groom dress, but I hate shopping for clothes because I have a few too many pounds. Plus, I haven't worn a dress in over 20 years! After studying the T Carolyn customer photos, I saw that "real people" can look good in a fancy dress, and chose one I really liked. I arrived first thing on a Saturday morning hoping this would be my only shopping trip. Feridee was my stylist. It was quickly apparent that the dress I thought I wanted was all wrong for me. The very next dress I tried on (which Feridee selected) turned out to be perfect for me. It only needs minor alterations (even though I am very pear-shaped) and a shorter hem. You wouldn't believe what that dress is hiding and I actually look good in it! I will feel pretty, comfortable and confident at my son's wedding.

Hours and hours of looking online got me nothing but frustrated and discouraged. Feridee accomplished the impossible in about one hour. With the huge selection and the skilled stylists, this should be the first place you go when you need a special dress.

Photo for T Carolyn Fashions Review - Yes, I do love my dress!
Profile Picture Kathryn, 1/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I bought my mother of the groom dress and wanted to share this experience. I went to T. Carolyn to shop and stressed about what I would wear, but I had the best experience. My stylist was Feridee Davis, and she was a big help in the selection of my beautiful dress. I was impressed that she did not try to sell me the most expensive dress but instead listen to what I explained that I wanted and brought a selection of dresses for me to try on. She was ready to help in any way offering suggestions on under garments and alterations. My stress level quickly dropped and I shared with her that this was not the first dress that I had purchased from them. Barbara Tibbetts owns the store and has been in the business of selling only Mother of the bride or groom dresses for well over 18 years now. She wrote a book called "I want my mother's dress to match the napkins". Well it is a book every mother of the bride, mother of the groom or bride to be should read. It had some hilarious stories in it but also good tips on everything from the dress, the wedding, the music, the flowers, and the should and should nots. I wish I had read this book 20 years ago. Never too late. Best $14 I ever spent. Well I am ready for the big day and wanted to share what a pleasant experience it turned out to be. I am so pleased!

Profile Picture Deborah, 8/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I am delighted I found your website and when I saw the picture of your shop online, I felt very comfortable ordering from you.

I called on a Saturday afternoon and asked the person on the phone some questions about a pantsuit I saw on the website and loved! I asked her about measurements on the outfit and she went and measured for me. I then told her I wanted to order the outfit and she said let me get it because the store is kind of busy and I want to make sure I get it off the rack for you. I later found out she was the owner of the company. She was very nice, very helpful, very friendly and very patient. I felt like I was dealing with a place I had shopped in many times and she knew me. She told me they are closed on Sunday and Monday, but she would ship my outfit out on Tuesday. I received it on Thursday. I would definitely order from this shop again.

Profile Picture Maureen, 4/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I am delinquent in writing my review as I purchased my mother of the groom dress in February for an April 15 wedding. I have to say that I really don't like to shop, and rarely ask for assistance when I do, but this was probably the very best shopping experience of my life. I bought the very first style of dress that they brought in, including shoes and jewelry. Shortly after I left the store the bride asked if I could choose a different color. I called the store in a panic and they graciously told me to return and they would help me find another dress. Turns out I bought the same style dress in another color, and was overwhelmed at the wedding by compliments on the dress. I can't say enough about this store, and will definitely shop there again.

Profile Picture User6626140, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Mother of Groom, Jewelry, Shoes

T. Carolyn's helped me find the perfect dress for my first daughter's wedding several years ago, so there was no question I would return and again had great success. Whether you are looking for a simple dress or black/white tie attire, you will find something to meet your taste as well as price range. Not only did I find a dress as Mother of the Bride, but I also found something for the Rehearsal dinner and two luncheons!

The ladies who helped me were wonderful! They did not push a purchase and were available to give honest feedback to help make the right choice. Because they can see all angles, they are able to let you know what works for your body style and their desire is for you to look and feel your best. Family and friends may simply tell you what they think you want to hear, but the ladies at T. Carolyn's will share what you NEED to hear.......if that is what you want. I did. I shopped alone and wanted honest opinions.

They have a recommendation of an alteration lady who is not far away who is outstanding. After the alterations, I even went back to T. Carolyn's and they pressed the dress because I did not trust anyone in the small town that I live.

I am now ready for the wedding and feel so comfortable with my purchases.

Please give T Carolyn's an opportunity to make you feel extra special!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 12/12/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Mother of Bride

I am the Mother of the Bride & went to T. Carolyn recently with my best friend to look for a dress. We were helped by Michelle Barahona, & she was fantastic. She pulled dresses for me & assisted me in & out of each one. Michelle is friendly, knowledgeable, & great to work with. I found a gorgeous dress & couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture User5384475, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I have looked forward to my son's Wedding Day for over 30 years, but I was a bundle of nerves the day I headed out to find "just the right" dress for his Scottsdale, Arizona destination wedding!! Until....I walked through the doors of this beautiful boutique. From the moment I was greeted by Lena, I knew I was in competent hands. Her sincerity and determination to help me find the perfect gown (and great earrings, too!) along with her smile and professionalism made it a fun day. Thank you, Lena, and T Carolyn for the big part you played in making this a very special time in my life!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 10/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had gone to the big chain stores thinking I would find the large variety that they appeared to have on the internet - only to be disappointed in their ability to get in the dresses that I wanted to try on for my MOB dress for my daughters wedding in May. I found T. Carolyn's very large selection on the internet and was pleasantly surprised by their large inventory in the store as well as many friendly and competent sales personnel. They have you fill out a quick form - with price , style, sizing etc - and once you pick out 4 dresses to try on - they will keep bringing you dresses in the dressing rooms. The overall atmosphere is very friendly and makes the finding of the right dress not so overwhelming! There was also all shapes and sizes of women and dresses there - so I would recommend MOB and MOG and anyone looking for a beautiful dress to make the most of your shopping time and start with T. Carolyn. My dress is so beautiful and I cant wait to wear it! The staff and the owner Terrie were wonderful - even showing me earring color choices to compliment my dress. I will send pics after the wedding! My daughter will be bringing her future mother-in-law here to shop for her dress and the only regret I have is that I didn't look for a dress for the Rehearsal dinner while I was here! Definitely have to go back for that! They also discussed alterations etc and where I could have the dress shortened.

Profile Picture Cathy, 5/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I needed a Mother-of-the-Bride dress and T. Carolyn’s was my first stop. I was already concerned that many MOB dresses I had seen were either sleeveless or strapless and neither was for me. I was dreading the upcoming search for the perfect dress.
With Terrie’s expertise, she brought out the perfect dress and was able to suggest certain modifications that will take care of all my areas of concern. I was thrilled. She even suggested a seamstress to whom she has sent many customers for years. My size dress was in stock and arrived in just a few days.
The color and style of the dress are extremely complimentary, and I feel beautiful in my dress. T. Carolyn’s gave me the personal attention that I needed to find just the right dress for such an important occasion!

Profile Picture User4519744, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Fantastic and very friendly service . Barbara and Dante were extremely helpful and organised the prompt delivery of my two dresses to Australia. Couldn't have been happier .

Michelle. (Australia)

Profile Picture Michelle, 2/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I drove to Houston to go to this store...I was not looking forward to the daunting task (similar to buying a bathing suit) to wear to two major events here in Dallas. I was greeted by Feridee. She was patient because it was clear I was not in the mood for this. She pulled a dozen dresses, I tried on 6. The first dress I put was nicer and fit better than the awful dress I bought on line for my step daughter-in-law's wedding a couple of month's ago. The second dress was like putting on a miracle...it fit perfect, even my behind looked attractive, a miracle at this age! I did not even look at the price tag, I just knew I felt elegant for the first time in many years. The tailor they use is wonderful...I had to have the front hem taken up a bit. Save yourself some heartache and go here first...I will always go here first from now on.

Profile Picture Linda , 1/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

You are greeted upon coming into the store. A profile card is given to you for completion, then a consultant greets you and asks a few question while you browse and she pulls a few dresses for you to try on. This experience was so lovely for me. My husband and son waited in the comfortable chairs and my daughter-in-law helped me and chatted with the consultant Michelle. I would recommend Michelle and T. Carolyn if you are looking for the perfect dress for that special day. This was the most pleasing pleasant experience a Mother of the Groom could ask for. Try T. Carolyn's you won't be disappointed. Thank you for everything. Grace

Profile Picture Grace , 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

My daughter's Scottish wedding is 6 wks away. I Mother of the Bride have been dragging my feet, going out and selecting my dress.
I am walking my daughter down the isle as her daddy passed away.
Oh what an Honor, and I have to make my girl proud.
I walked in the beautiful shop, was promptly welcomed by the sweetest consultant named Inez.
She was professional and attentive to my wedding needs.
After looking around on my own she brought me a dress.
I had no clue I would fit the dress. I put on the dress and came out thinking this isn't going to zip.
It did and my husband loved it.
Shoes next to try on, Inez brought the perfect pair of silver sandals.
Said to try them on and walk around. Wow are they comfortable and beautiful too.
So 1st place, 1st dress, 1st pair shoes. Perfect THANK YOU Inez.
You are a sweetheart.
Will post you a picture after the wedding. Oh did I say dress fits perfect. I Love T Carolyn. Thank you for making this easy and fun.

Profile Picture Pamela, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Today was my first visit to T. Carolyn. I love the fact that I didn't need an appointment. When I arrived, I was met by Michelle who helped me find 2 perfect MOB dresses for the weddings of my two daughters. Michelle was knowledgeable, professional and personally attended to me the 3 hours I was there. The other professionals gave their expert opinions which were also very helpful. I highly recommend T. Carolyn and Michelle.
~Annette Covey

Profile Picture Annette, 4/5/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Wonderful experience!!!Terrie and Barbara were so helpful and attentive.There advice was right on.I went in by myself and bought the dress!!I had been looking with my daughter and best friend and was just doing a first time visit to T.Carolyn.My daughter LOVES THE DRESS....She said I could not have found a more perfect dress...Needless to say I AM BEAMING!! Barbaras book is hilarious and so true..As Terrie states we are there walking advertisements.They were not going to let me walk out in the wrong color.I will be forever grateful and cant wait to return for my mother of the groom dress.Warmest regards Lisa

Profile Picture User3658682, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

As the mother of the bride, I was very nervous about shopping for a dress for my daughter's wedding. At T Carolyn, they are very experienced with finding the right dress (es) for your figure and comfort level. They also have comfortable shapewear, jewelry and shoes to round out your outfit. I was able to take my dress home that day, no ordering! These ladies are lifesavers!

Profile Picture Shannah, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

FABULOUS! I couldn't believe that I found the perfect dress with the perfect fit in this store. Every color you can imagine, huge variety of styles and fabrics. There were so many I had a hard time deciding after going many places, they had it all....definite find, will remember and recommend this store many, many times. Lovely store, helpful staff...made my daughter's wedding more enjoyable for me by being happy with the beautiful dress I was wearing...thank you T Carolyn. Linda B

Profile Picture Linda, 6/16/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I am from the New Braunfels area and have looked at several stores in the San Antonio area for a MOB dress. Could not find anything that I liked and fit. So I took a trip to Houston to T. Carolyn. They were so helpful. Sonya helped me. She told me she would not even show me anything that would not look flattering on me and the dress I ended up with was so beautiful. They referred me to Classic Tailor for alterations/hemming. I went there immediately and the lady there saw that I had a dress from T. Carolyn and I told her I was from out of town and was leaving that day. She offered to hem it and have it for me within 2 hours. It was a wonderful experience. Thank you T. Carolyn and Classic Tailor. You both have lifted a huge weight off my shoulders to know that I will be beautiful on the day of my daughter's wedding.

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

T.Carolyn was a great store! My mom and I had searched several local department stores both online and in person for a mother of the bride dress with a flattering jacket and we had not found anything she liked or felt comfortable in for my wedding day. One visit to T.Carolyn's and we had three great options! The service was fantastic and we found the prices to be comparable to options at Nordstrom and other online retailers. I would recommend visiting the store online and/or in person as your first stop for a mother-of-the bride or even wedding guest dress! Thank you!!

Profile Picture Lauren , 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I am not a dress shopper. And I am hard to fit related to my extra large size.
I was met at the door by Michelle, a very nice person who really knows what she is doing and does it very well. She helped me find the finest dress in all the land, it looks beautiful on me and because of her, the experience of picking the right dress for me was so much fun and it meant a lot to me.
Thank you Michelle, I will send all of my friends to you.

Profile Picture Lamar, 11/23/13, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Awesome mother of the bride store. My mom got her dress here for her wedding, and so did my now mother-in-law. The ladies here are fabulous. They really know what they're doing. My mom found a fabulous dress that made her feel fabulous. She had looked at other places and just ended up getting frustrated. She should have come here first. Of course, some dresses seem a bit expensive, but I wouldn't let that deter you. My mom found a dress that worked for her and her budget. You just can't beat the service here!

Profile Picture Sydni, 3/11/11, 5 Reviews
4.7

My mother and I heard about T. Carolyn from all of my moms friends so we went to visit. We arrived around 4:30-5:00 last Saturday. We were greeted soon as we came in by one of the ladies working there. We stated looking around and could not figure out what to pick they have so many dresses. The staff seemed to be either busy or just not interested in helping us. We where about to leave and one of the employees Dante asked if we needed help. I told him we where looking for a purple gown for my mother. He was so sweet, he told me he was not a consultant but he would help. He stated checking every dress we liked on their web site. He then asked one of the consultants to come over and told them what we wanted. Inez was great; she started pulling dresses for us that we could buy that day. She found dress that made my mother look so beautiful. We went with blue instead of purple. I was so glad we came to T. Carolyn when we where ready to go it was about 6:20 and they closed at 6:00. Our consultant did not rush us and Dante kept coming by checking on us, he even pulled several purses and jewelry that went with my mothers dress. We started off thinking this was going to be a bad visit but turned out to be a great experience. I am not sure what Dante’s position with the company is but he was great and the consultant we had was very helpful. My mother and I will and would recommend T. Carolyn to anybody looking for a nice dress for any special event.
Nancy L.
Sugarland, TX

Profile Picture Nancy, 4/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

T. Carolyn's is an absolute wonderful place to buy a dress/gown for a special occasion. Both my son and my daughter had weddings within six months of each other. Each event was very different. My son's wedding was in Houston and was casual and outside, and my daughter's wedding was in NYC and formal. I found the perfect dress for both occasions at T. Carolyn. The sales staff are lovely and very professional. I would, however, not recommend going on the weekend. It tends to be a bit chaotic. It is my opinion that while most of the dresses are very fairly priced, I did feel the two I purchased were over-priced ($500-$650) range. However, they looked marvelous, and I felt beautiful in them. If you do need alterations, they provide recommendations. They do not have a "return" policy at all. You buy it - it's yours. So be sure. Again, T. Carolyn's is the first place you should look for your dress.

Profile Picture Terri , 12/13/08, 5 Reviews
3.3

T Carolyn has beautiful dresses at a price to match. I went with my MOH and they were somewhat helpful, even though it was not incredible busy. The sells associate we had made my MOH feel bad about her body. Everything she asked for a certain size the associate would tell her no she needed to go up a couple of sizes. That really does not feel good to hear in such a blunt way as it was delivered. When returning a couple of weeks later with my mom, they were overly friendly, helpful and generous with the complements. I am not sure if that is because it was a different associate or if my mom has the look one of that might better afford a dress from there. Over all if I was with my mom I would return, but I know my MOH will never return and I do not blame her.

View Vendor Response