65 Reviews for Sylvia's - Amling's Flowers

Venue Visit (1)
Wholesale/Bulk (1)
Flower Girl Baskets (1)
65 Sylvia's - Amling's Flowers Reviews

Loved Kristina at Sylvia's! The flowers were perfect and exactly what we asked for. I was complimented multiple times on how gorgeous the bouquets were! Kristina was very responsive, accommodating, and attentive. The price was also very reasonable. Highly recommend to everyone in need of wedding flowers!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 8/25/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kristina at Sylvia’s was by far the best vendor I worked with!!! She knew exactly my vision and made it come to life. She was always extremely responsive and communicated everything I needed to know. She also did my bridal shower and I plan to use her for future events! You will not be disappointed in going with Sylvia’s! They are amazing and your flowers will be beautiful!!!! I got so many compliments, and still do about how beautiful my flowers were. I wish I could have my day over and over again because they helped make it one of the best! Kristina helped create my happily ever after!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/10/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Kristina was AMAZING. She worked with my husband and I to make sure everything was exactly what we wanted. She was flexible when I needed to make changes. The set up of the day of our wedding was incredible! She went above and beyond for us. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/4/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We booked Sylvia's Flowers for our ~200-person wedding in the city on 8/4/18. We chose them because this is where my husband and I got our flowers for our high school dances. I was blown away by Kristina, who coordinates flowers for events at Sylvias. She was professional and creative; she took my idea and provided helpful recommendations which resulted in a stellar final product. She also always responded promptly (you could not even tell that she is part-time). A few months before the wedding, I decided that I wanted to have my bridesmaids hold flat baskets instead of bouquets. Kristina helped me coordinate the baskets and even spray painted one so that it matched the rest. They looked great.

One final note. I got married in East Lakeview on the Saturday of Lollapalooza weekend. We scheduled the personal flowers to be delivered to my condo on the north side of the city in the morning and the reception flowers to be delivered at the venue at 5:00 PM (we got two separate deliveries for only a $50 fee!) I was worried about the flowers showing up on time given that it was Lolla weekend, but I saw the delivery van pull up at 4:45 and everything worked out great. I was extremely happy and received many compliments on the assortments of roses and succulents. There were absolutely no glitches leading up to or on the day of with respect to the flowers.

Profile Picture Kaitlin , 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Girl Baskets, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

I had a great experience with Sylvias. I was planning this from out of town and was able to call in as much as needed, and they accommodated my schedule when in town as well. My advice is to make sure you do some research of what you want instead of coming in mostly blind that I did. I was able to call back a month after our first meeting and re-vamp everything we talked about over the phone...doing that made it all perfect! Great experience and would definitely recommend to others.

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We were very impressed with the expertise and quality of the flowers for our daughter's wedding. We worked with Kristina and was very impressed with her creative ideas and the customer service she provided. Weeks prior to the wedding, we made some changes to our order and she was extremely accommodating! She responded to phone calls and emails within 24 hours.

Profile Picture Barb, 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Sylvia's Flower is by far the best flower shop I have ever dealt with! I had my wedding is June of this year and my flowers were fabulous! I was working close with Kristina and Jerry and I couldn't ask for better service. They both are very prompt with getting back to you and knowledgeable. My flowers for my wedding came out better than I could ever expected! Big thumbs up to Kristina and Jerry! Thank you for making my special day even more special!

Profile Picture Jenny, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Kristina was a bride's dream come true. Creative, collaborative, concise, communicative. Open to anything, her artistic professionalism was matched by the quality of design and sheer flower power. Ocean song roses lasted 8 days beyond the wedding- unheard of! We fielded compliments all day & night. Put your ideas in her hands and relax. Your wedding will be gorgeous and at competitive prices without hiccups. Thanks Kristina!!

Photo for Sylvia's - Amling's Flowers Review - Breathtaking color roses
Photo for Sylvia's - Amling's Flowers Review - Bride & MOH
Profile Picture Suzan , 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I had the pleasure of working with Kristina from Sylvia's for our May wedding and I am so happy with our decision! During our first meeting with Kristina, she made picking out flowers an easy and fun process. She was able to put together mock bouquets for me when I was unsure how combinations may look and brought to life all those pinterest pictures I showed. Kristina was very affordable and able to be flexible with our vision to fit our budget. We were able to use some of our own decor in our centerpieces, and they made it easy to drop off knowing it would be taken care of. The flowers turned out amazing on our wedding day; delivery and set up were timely as well as pick up afterwards. I would highly recommend Sylvia's for event flowers and Kristina to work with! Thank you for all your help making our day beautiful!

Profile Picture Rachele, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Working with Kristina for the flowers for my wedding was amazing! She was so helpful in creating the perfect arrangement for my bouquets. She offered all her professional opinions, and everything turned out perfectly! I brought in a few pictures I had on Pinterest, and she totally got my vision. As the day approached, I called and emailed with a couple of questions and she responded very quickly. The flowers couldn't have been more beautiful! Plus, you can't beat the price! I would definitely return here for any other flower purchases and would recommend her to anyone looking for flowers for their event!

Profile Picture Erica, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Consultations

Kristina made the process easy and enjoyable! From our first meeting and up until our wedding I give everything an A+! At our first meeting I showed Kristina pictures of what I wanted and it was executed perfectly on the day of. From the arrangements, to the bouquets, to the boutonnieres, to the corsages, everything was perfect. Thank you Sylvia's (and Kristina) for making our day so beautiful! I only have our sneak peek photos, so none of the arrangements yet, but I will come back and post when I get them. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Profile Picture Colette, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Sylvia’s Flowers made absolutely stunning arrangements for my wedding for both the ceremony and reception. Kristina was wonderful, helping me to decide on the arrangements and helping me to create a floral plan to suit my budget. She responded promptly to my many emails, making any adjustments as I requested them. The many centerpieces, pew arrangements, bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, and many more were even more beautiful than I hoped for. I was so thrilled with how everything turned out. Thank you, Kristina!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/5/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Kristina is absolutely amazing! Being in the industry, I have worked with Kristina on multiple events and I knew that I had to have her as my florist for my big day! She took the time to meet with me on multiple occasions and made my vision come to life! Kristina nursed Peonies for a week to ensure that they would be bloomed and beautiful for my bouquet! She accommodated last minute requests and was on site setting up my arrangements the day of! Kristina went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. I would highly recommend Kristina and the Sylvia’s florist team!

Profile Picture Courtney, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

We LOVED our wedding flowers from Sylvia's! I had 4 different people recommend them so I had to see what they hype was all about and they did not disappoint! Kristina helped us decide what we wanted and turned our dream into a reality! My only complaint is that real flowers die and I would have loved to keep them forever to look at! They did my bridal bouquet, the centerpieces and our piece for our head table and everything was gorgeous! They also were able to accommodate last minute flower crowns for my nieces and they were adorable!

Profile Picture Victoria, 4/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Sylvia's was my flower vendor for my wedding. They did an amazing job with all of the flower arrangement, as well as with my bouquet ❤ Kristina was very easy to work with and accommodated all of our requests.
Thank you Sylvia's Flower Shop crew for making my wedding memorable!

Profile Picture Maria, 4/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kristina did all of the flowers for my wedding, and they were just gorgeous! In addition to being the most beautiful wedding flowers I have ever seen, hers were also the most reasonably priced of all the florists I checked out. I used to work for a florist and I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly, and her work is breathtaking! I preserved my bridal bouquet and even that still looks stunning, so much so that it is sitting on my mantle in a vase. My photographer even commented on how well the flowers turned out in comparison to other arrangements that she has seen. Thank you Sylvia's!

Profile Picture Danielle, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

The experience I had for my wedding with Kristina at Sylvia's Flowers was beyond amazing. From the bouquets, to the arch and aisle decor, all the way to the cake topper - they truly went above and beyond what we could imagine. It was the perfect additions to our day. Kristina was so helpful and professional, she sealed the deal with us choosing Sylvia's Flower for our wedding. She suggested a flower wand for our flower girl, and let me tell you it was a huge hit! She just thought it was the coolest thing! Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience.

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

We worked with Kristina for our wedding in September and she was amazing!!! She was great with coming up with ideas and suggestions and our flowers could not have been more gorgeous! She was very willing to work within our budget and the product was exactly what we had hoped for. She was also so flexible as we revised and refined our order and made it so easy and convenient on the day of. I received so many compliments on my bouquet, it was exactly what I pictured. We also decided a few months before to have an arrangement for our unity candle and it was incredible! It looked amazing at the church and we also used it at Kristina's suggestion at our head table at the reception. It really added the finishing touch to the room; it was worth every penny. I had complete faith in her setting up the reception the day of and she did not disappoint! Our room was exactly what we had hoped for and we received compliment after compliment on how beautiful it was. All in all we'd hire her again in a heartbeat and highly recommend Sylvia's!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/16/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Where do I ever start?! I really could not be happier with Kristina and Sylvia's Flowers. Kristina was exceptional throughout our entire wedding process. She was always extremely fast with answering any questions I had and very accommodating with requests. I knew I wanted to wear a fresh flower crown on my wedding day but was nervous to wait until the day of to see what it looked like so Kristina was kind enough to create a sample one for me ahead of time. It was beautiful!!
As for the bride and bridal party bouquets, I shared with Kristina our color scheme and showed her just a few example photos of flowers that I liked, but other than that I left the creativity up to her. And WOW! The flowers were even more beautiful that I had imagined! My bouquet included frosty green succulents, which I have since re-potted and now get to enjoy even longer! I really can't thank Kristina and her team enough for helping make my day so special.

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The flowers that Kristina put together for us at the church and the reception were absolutely beautiful and matched my hopes and expectations perfectly! It was also a pleasure working with Kristina in the planning process, as she was patient, creative and easy to work with. I can only give Sylvia's and Kristina my highest recommendation if you are looking for a florist for your wedding or special event.

Profile Picture Eric, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Kristina did a wonderful job! Beautiful arrangements!

Profile Picture Jackie, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

Kristina was so helpful when planning my flowers! She created beautiful and unique centerpieces that really made an impact at the reception. Kristina also made sure my bouquet had all the personal touches I asked for. Highly recommend them to any bride!

Profile Picture Margaret, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

What a great experience from start to finish. After reading other positive reviews and speaking with other florists, I met with Sylvia's and shared my ideas for what I wanted for wedding flowers for my wedding party. I immediately knew this was the florist I wanted to work with. Kristina followed up with me and created the most beautiful flowers for all of us, including a custom Cubs boutonniere for my husband. Between flower choices, colors, adding pearls to where I held my bouquet, to labeling each arrangement, no detail was left to chance. I also very much appreciated that Kristina helped me stay in my budget. I might add, that not only were all of our flowers just beautiful, there was a very last minute change for pictures due to weather, and Sylvia's was so accommodating in splitting the delivery between two locations. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to highly recommend Kristina and Sylvia's Flowers for any occasion.
Tammy M.

Profile Picture Tammy, 7/16/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Consultations, Delivery

Loved working with Kristina! She knew exactly how I wanted my flowers to look and went above and beyond! The arch with flower arrangements attached to for the ceremony was so beautiful and perfect!

Profile Picture Meagan, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

The flowers we got from Kristina were perfect! My bouquet was prettier than I could have ever dreamed, and she was such a pleasure to work with!!

Profile Picture Brianna, 6/30/17, 4 Reviews