50 Reviews for Sylvia's - Amling's Flowers

Venue Visit (1)
Wholesale/Bulk (1)
Aisle Decor (1)
50 Sylvia's - Amling's Flowers Reviews

Kristina did all of the flowers for my wedding, and they were just gorgeous! In addition to being the most beautiful wedding flowers I have ever seen, hers were also the most reasonably priced of all the florists I checked out. I used to work for a florist and I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly, and her work is breathtaking! I preserved my bridal bouquet and even that still looks stunning, so much so that it is sitting on my mantle in a vase. My photographer even commented on how well the flowers turned out in comparison to other arrangements that she has seen. Thank you Sylvia's!

Profile Picture Danielle, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

The experience I had for my wedding with Kristina at Sylvia's Flowers was beyond amazing. From the bouquets, to the arch and aisle decor, all the way to the cake topper - they truly went above and beyond what we could imagine. It was the perfect additions to our day. Kristina was so helpful and professional, she sealed the deal with us choosing Sylvia's Flower for our wedding. She suggested a flower wand for our flower girl, and let me tell you it was a huge hit! She just thought it was the coolest thing! Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience.

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

We worked with Kristina for our wedding in September and she was amazing!!! She was great with coming up with ideas and suggestions and our flowers could not have been more gorgeous! She was very willing to work within our budget and the product was exactly what we had hoped for. She was also so flexible as we revised and refined our order and made it so easy and convenient on the day of. I received so many compliments on my bouquet, it was exactly what I pictured. We also decided a few months before to have an arrangement for our unity candle and it was incredible! It looked amazing at the church and we also used it at Kristina's suggestion at our head table at the reception. It really added the finishing touch to the room; it was worth every penny. I had complete faith in her setting up the reception the day of and she did not disappoint! Our room was exactly what we had hoped for and we received compliment after compliment on how beautiful it was. All in all we'd hire her again in a heartbeat and highly recommend Sylvia's!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/16/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Where do I ever start?! I really could not be happier with Kristina and Sylvia's Flowers. Kristina was exceptional throughout our entire wedding process. She was always extremely fast with answering any questions I had and very accommodating with requests. I knew I wanted to wear a fresh flower crown on my wedding day but was nervous to wait until the day of to see what it looked like so Kristina was kind enough to create a sample one for me ahead of time. It was beautiful!!
As for the bride and bridal party bouquets, I shared with Kristina our color scheme and showed her just a few example photos of flowers that I liked, but other than that I left the creativity up to her. And WOW! The flowers were even more beautiful that I had imagined! My bouquet included frosty green succulents, which I have since re-potted and now get to enjoy even longer! I really can't thank Kristina and her team enough for helping make my day so special.

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The flowers that Kristina put together for us at the church and the reception were absolutely beautiful and matched my hopes and expectations perfectly! It was also a pleasure working with Kristina in the planning process, as she was patient, creative and easy to work with. I can only give Sylvia's and Kristina my highest recommendation if you are looking for a florist for your wedding or special event.

Profile Picture Eric, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Kristina did a wonderful job! Beautiful arrangements!

Profile Picture Jackie, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

Kristina was so helpful when planning my flowers! She created beautiful and unique centerpieces that really made an impact at the reception. Kristina also made sure my bouquet had all the personal touches I asked for. Highly recommend them to any bride!

Profile Picture Margaret, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

What a great experience from start to finish. After reading other positive reviews and speaking with other florists, I met with Sylvia's and shared my ideas for what I wanted for wedding flowers for my wedding party. I immediately knew this was the florist I wanted to work with. Kristina followed up with me and created the most beautiful flowers for all of us, including a custom Cubs boutonniere for my husband. Between flower choices, colors, adding pearls to where I held my bouquet, to labeling each arrangement, no detail was left to chance. I also very much appreciated that Kristina helped me stay in my budget. I might add, that not only were all of our flowers just beautiful, there was a very last minute change for pictures due to weather, and Sylvia's was so accommodating in splitting the delivery between two locations. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to highly recommend Kristina and Sylvia's Flowers for any occasion.
Tammy M.

Profile Picture Tammy, 7/16/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Consultations, Delivery

Loved working with Kristina! She knew exactly how I wanted my flowers to look and went above and beyond! The arch with flower arrangements attached to for the ceremony was so beautiful and perfect!

Profile Picture Meagan, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

The flowers we got from Kristina were perfect! My bouquet was prettier than I could have ever dreamed, and she was such a pleasure to work with!!

Profile Picture Brianna, 6/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The flowers for my wedding were PERFECT! I sent them a picture of what I wanted and it turned out exactly as I had envisioned. Wonderful service for an amazing price.

Profile Picture Michelle, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Kristina did a great job of listening to our inspiration and ideas and then translating them into flowers that would make our wedding feel extra special. All of the pieces turned out gorgeous, especially the lit archway we used. I have come to this florist many times as far back as high school and they have always done a great job. I would recommend.

Profile Picture Brittney, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Corsages, Flower Petals, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Wholesale/Bulk

We just booked Sylvia's for our November wedding and have been nothing but impressed and happy with the service we received thus far from Kristina! She's professional and prompt -- as a bride-to-be, there's nothing better to calm down the planning stress. From our one meeting, it's clear she knows her flowers and loves what she does. I look forward to finalizing our wedding day flowers and can't wait to share how the flowers turned out.

Profile Picture Katie, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Sylvia's Flowers went above and beyond our expectations for our flowers. Kristina was nothing but perfect in helping us decide what flowers compliment each other, all at an affordable amount. She understood our budget and was willing to help out in every way so that we didn't go over. Our flowers turned out perfect and lasted well past a week of our wedding. Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture User5597256, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Delivery, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

Kristina was wonderful. We had an idea of what we wanted, but relied on Kristina for guidance and consulting on what to do. She and the store manager were accommodating in working with us to fit our budget. The end result was stunning and exceeded expectations.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Adam, 8/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I worked with Kristina to help with my wedding flowers, and she was fabulous. Very professional, very helpful, and gave great direction when I wasn't sure what to do. I provided her with the picture ideas I had and she nailed it. I got exactly what I envisioned. She responded in a timely manner to any questions or changes I had. I want to THANK YOU Sylvia's for everything and helping me from the beginning, following up, being flexible and overall being so wonderful to work with. The flowers were EXACTLY what I wanted and were gorgeous. Everything was perfect and smooth!!!! The delivery was on time and accommodating. It definitely took a weight off of my shoulders to use such a great vendor. I highly recommend Sylvia's to anyone looking for quality, professional, and gorgeous arrangements. My experience working with you was above what I expected.

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages
4.7

Did a beautiful job and respected our budget!

Profile Picture Erica, 11/21/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Sylvia's did an awesome job with my flowers! Kristina totally understood my vision and she nailed it! I could not have been happier with how the floral centerpieces and bouquets turned out - they were stunning! Kristina was very easy to work with and very responsive. I definitely recommend Sylvia's! Not to mention, they were very affordable.

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/22/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

We ordered our wedding flowers from Sylvia's. They did an amazing job and the arrangements were absolutely stunning. I recommend making your consultation meeting early in your planning, as their spots book up quickly. Rich and Kristina were most wonderful to work with throughout the planning.

Profile Picture User4450216, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Our flowers for our wedding were absolutely stunning & perfect. Couldn't have asked for a better florist!

Profile Picture Julia, 8/16/14, 4 Reviews
2.3

I used Sylvia's flowers for my recent wedding, and while some elements turned out amazing, others flopped and there was definitely a lot of unprofessionalism. We worked with Rich, and although he didn't have the greatest customer service ever, he was ok, had great ideas, and the price was really great. We used them and had it all arranged to be delivered at 12:30 for my 3pm church ceremony. We called to confirm with them a week before and they said we were all set. We got into the church at about 2pm and there were no flowers. We didn't really make a deal of it then, because I still wasn't dressed and there was a lot of other things to focus on to get ready for the ceremony to start in an hour. At 2:30 when they still weren't there a relative called and was informed they were on there way. Then it was 10 minutes before the ceremony was scheduled to start, still no flowers, and now my mom is frantic and we had to force all our guests (who were getting antsy) to wait in the lobby. We called them again, and they were incredibly rude, telling us in a nasty tone, "well I said they were on their way." We explained to them that our ceremony was now in 10 minutes, guests weren't allowed to sit in the church, and the flowers were already more than 2 hours late, but she just hung up.

When the flowers did get there, about 5 minutes before the ceremony, most of them were truly beautiful (many of them has many more flowers than we paid for). However, the pieces in the back of the church were not at all what I asked for, and I really didn't care for them, and my honorary bridesmaids never even got there flowers. I wouldn't not recommend them especially to those on a budget, but definitely proceed with caution. Make sure to be very descriptive with them about what you want, and call them as soon as they open the day of your wedding. The manager is supposed to call us today. At very least I hope that we get refunded for the flowers we didn't get.

Profile Picture User4249372, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Sylvia's flowers did a wonderful job with my wedding. I loved everything they put together for me!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/9/14, 10 Reviews
2.0

At first Rich was nice, easy to work with, and was respectful of my budget. My FLOWERS were beautiful. The bouquets and unity candle arrangement looked gorgeous. The centerpieces, which I had planned with Rich to be floating candles in vases with translucent gel beads and ivory pearls turned out to be a nightmare. I had brought in a set-up to show Rich and he said it would not be a problem to re-create for my wedding. I had calculated numerous times how many translucent gel beads to purchase from an outside source. On the day of the wedding while I was getting ready in hair and makeup, I received 3 phone calls from the florist about things that were going wrong - with them saying they didn't have enough gel beads. They told me they would substitute with clear marble beads and said it would still look great, only to show up at the reception hall after my beautiful ceremony and be completely and utterly disappointed with each and every centerpiece. The tall centerpieces were just plain ugly. The short centerpieces weren't even put together properly. It had turned out that they didn't cure the gel beads long enough to grow into their large size, which is why they thought they had "ran out" of gel beads. Thankfully the banquet hall helped fix what could be fixed, and once I came back the next morning, the centerpieces were OVERFLOWING with the gel beads. I brought this to Rich's attention the next day, and told him just how disappointed I was to not only have paid for centerpieces that weren't even correct, hideous, and one of them even broke all over a table of guests - and he was only able to say "sorry" and gave me some red roses to "make up" for my utter disappointment. In my mind, that was completely an unacceptable gesture to outweigh such a horrible mistake on their part.
I'll recommend Sylvias for the quality of their flower arrangements and that is it. Still so disappointed, and such a horrible scar to have on such a wonderful day.

Profile Picture Katie, 2/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

This place was wonderful! The wedding coordinator, Rich, was so helpful and made my vision come to life. They did a great job and a month later my bouquet is still in a vase on my table!

Profile Picture Meredith, 10/19/13, 5 Reviews
4.1

The flowers for the wedding were beautiful! We wanted a colorful mix, and had a lot of changes along the way from what we wanted-- in the end we were very happy!

Profile Picture User3486474, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews