Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch Reviews

62 | Loveland, CO

62 Reviews for Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch

Michele · Married on 09/15/2018

Sarah at Sylvan Dale has been wonderful to work with. She is quick to respond to my questions and gives helpful advice.

• User7252398 · 1+ year ago

The views at Sylvan Dale are amazing and mountainous for both the ceremony and the reception area. Sarah is the wedding coordinator and she has really thought of everything to make sure you are taken care of. We looked at venues in Vail, Breckenridge, Beaver Creek and Estes Park, and went with Sylvan Dale because so much is included with the venue for a great price.

Shaina · Married on 10/15/2016

I can’t even explain how amazing having our wedding here was. I honestly didn’t want the night to end! First, Sarah C. was absolutely PHENOMENAL to work with. If it wasn’t for her, I probably would have gotten overwhelmed and we would have run off and eloped in Vegas, but probably invited Sarah because she is a wonderful, fun person. But honestly, she is so organized, really understands the couple, and makes sure everything seems to go off without a hitch. If there was a problem, I didn’t notice it. She worked well with all of the vendors too. Many we selected from Sylvan Dale’s suggestions and many we did not, but it didn’t matter. Sarah made it all a well-oiled machine!

In addition, the venue is simply stunning. The grounds are kept clean and the natural beauty is just perfect. I also received SO many compliments on the venue including the food-especially the beef brisket and potatoes- and how friendly the staff was (which they were! Top notch hospitality, and I majored in hospitality management in college so I know a thing or two). All of our guests were thoroughly impressed and had an amazing time. Many are planning on coming back for vacations!

The little touches were also special, like having our food for us at our table, little snacks in the cabin as we got ready and after the wedding, etc. I honestly just wish my nerves would have let me eat more! It was all so good. I highly recommend getting married here, hands down. It may seem a tad pricey, especially if you are like me and get married on a Saturday during peak time, but they fully disclose everything and they will make your day something you and your guests will never forget. Well worth it!

My husband and I are going to be very regular patrons for many years to come. Thank you, Sylvan Dale, for making our wedding everything we could have ever dreamed of and more!

Alex · Married on 08/06/2016

Sylvan Dale did an amazing job for our wedding. The venue is beautiful but not too far to get to for out of town family. I also felt the pricing was reasonable for everything that they include. Ge was an incredible coordinator and everything went smoothly... they even put together small plates of appetizers for us to eat after we got back from taking photos. The food was awesome, everyone says you don't get to eat on your wedding day but both my husband and I were stuffed. ;) Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better venue for our big day.

Nicole · Married on 06/11/2016

The staff at Sylvan Dale went above and beyond in their service. Ge (our coordinator) got sick the week before our wedding and was not able to attend our wedding, that didn't stop Sara and the staff at Sylvan Dale. We arrive a bit late for our reherasal, they were ready for us. They had us run through our ceremony with plenty of time to set our decorations. Even though people weren't seated, I was ready and they proceeded to work with our Dj to get people seated. Once introductions were done they had us go straight to our table to served dinner, then went table by table to get people through the buffet. They made a point to make guest comfortable. My mom didn't want to carry her purse around during the ceremony, so one staff member offered to hold it for her then returned it once my mom was seated for dinner. Throughout the night I never had to worry about anything. They constantly checked in on my husband and myself to see what we needed. At the end of the evening when it was time to collect our decorations they made the effort to collect everything for us and place it on a table for us to gather in the morning. The food was was amazing from the appetizers before dinner to the wonderful, prime rib, chicken, veggies, sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes. After the reception we arrived back at our cabin to a plate of cheese, sausage fruit and crackers and a couple bottles of water. In the morning they had a wonderful breakfast back in the Hertiage, As we were packing up the staff was still there willing to help us with whatever we needed, never rushing us. We had the entire Ranch to ourselves with our guest and plenty activities for the 20 kids that came. The pool, game room, volleyball net, and other activities. We had plenty of cabins for people that wanted to stay the night, and the cabins were clean and cozy and very comfortable. The Ranch was beautiful and the staff amazing. I can not say enough great things about the Sylvan Dale staff.

Chad · Married on 05/29/2016

Lovvvvved this venue sooooo much! The backdrop was gorgeous. The ceremony location options were great. The guest accommodations were wonderful, and really the value was unbeatable. Ge was a pleasure to work with as a coordinator and ranch representative. The staff was super friendly, and man was that food delicious! We booked the whole place for the entire weekend. It was our little slice of river-side heaven for a really cool weekend and day. I'm looking for reasons to go back to the place now ;p

Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch (SDR) was absolutely amazing. They were super easy to work with from day 1. My Husband and I went to visit the ranch 1 year prior to our expected wedding date to see if we liked the venue and stayed the night there on one of their winter get-away packages. From the moment we walked in the door, we fell in love. It was further solidified at breakfast the next morning with the owner who came in and told us all about the ranch's history. We met with Ge after our check-out and took a tour and went through details of the weddings they host. We booked right away and everything continued to fall into place. Ge worked very hard to ensure our needs were met and we had all of our guests stay at the ranch the day before and the day of the wedding. The Wednesday before the wedding was a HUGE snowstorm where they closed the airport and roads into Colorado. We were supposed to be staying at the ranch that day as well, but were completely snowed in where we live in Parker. Ge checked in on me many times as we continued to watch the weather. She worked with me to ensure everything continued to go as planned and we made it up to the ranch in time for the rehearsal on Thursday. Ge made sure to have everything prepared and perfect in our "back-up" ceremony location. They refunded us for the missed night due to weather and worked with us on last minute seating changes as several guests were unable to make it due to cancelled flights. The day of the wedding, Ge brought us mimosas and helped get everything in order and made sure everything was perfect as I was getting ready. She made sure I didn't stress about a thing and everything was absolutely perfect. The staff at SDR was so amazing throughout the rehearsal dinner and the wedding and breakfast the next morning. I seriously could not imagine a better place to get married and am so grateful that we found SDR and Ge. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking to have an amazing event near Estes Park!

Beth · Married on 08/31/2015

I cannot say enough nice things about SDR & Ge especially. Ge made our day the most special & best day of our lives.

We booked over a year out, & I had questions what seemed like every week for Ge! She was very responsive - maybe a few hours to a day - & even went as far as responding on her vacation days. The week before, she called me to go over details I never thought to consider! She is a pro at this, & goes at it in a stress-free way which helps everyone involved! Sue handled all our cabins, & was very flexible with the rearranging we had to do.

The day before, we had our rehearsal & dinner at Cottonwood Gulch - a very secluded but of course beautiful part of the ranch. We had food catered in, BYOB & it was fun, but started on a rough patch due to a communication error on my part - I told people the wrong time, so unnecessary people were around for our actual rehearsal), Ge helped by taking charge & telling ~30 people they need to relocate so we could start the rehearsal.

The day of - WOW! I wish I had more space. Ge was helping my decorator, my husband, the groomsmen, & my family find their places, while leading her own team with their tasks, & THEN stopped by my cabin to make sure we were okay. She noticed I looked nervous because when she asked how she could help, I responded jokingly with "I could use a mimosa!", & she delivered within minutes! The ceremony - she helped keep on time and avoid the rain for us.

Another cool part is we had the ranch to ourselves for 2 nights - 24 hour pool, game room, everything!

We had tons of comments on how good the food was, how cool it was we had local beer, how people want to go back for vacation, how beautiful the location was. All our guests commented on how seamless things seemed to have been.

If you want a less stressful, easy wedding with a coordinator who takes charge and works for you that will leave your guests raving, BOOK HERE! I love SDR and can't wait to go back!! Thanks Ge!!!!!!

Jade · Married on 06/12/2015

Sylvan Dale was great to work with for our wedding. They were hit pretty hard by the floods in Colorado a couple of years ago but have really worked hard to get their space not just back to where it was but to improve it.
    Our ceremony site was new this year and absolutely beautiful! After our ceremony, it was a short walk to the reception area. They have a great outdoor area for cocktail hour; we brought some lawn games and people loved just being outside on the swing or just walking around. It was great to have a venue that took care of everything, they had appetizers out right when the ceremony ended and the bar with a great bartender all night long. We chose to do a buffet dinner with some amazing BBQ - people could not stop raving about how awesome the food was. The rest of the night was great with dancing or hanging out in the game room (with pool and ping pong) or again just walking around. Having an outdoor wedding with modern day amenities was really important to me and we struck gold with Sylvan Dale. Another feature that I loved about this venue site was that there were cabins on the property for some of our guests. It was great for out of town family and close friends to be able to stay on site for the night. For other people, it was very easy for us to book a block of hotel rooms in Loveland and also book a shuttle to take them to and from Sylvan Dale.
    As far as planning for the day went, Ge, our wedding coordinator was a dream. She made sure that all of the details for the day were ironed out prior to the day and she made it so that we could relax and really enjoy our wedding. She was always prompt in responding to emails and the week before the wedding she was available to me by cell phone too. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who wants an outdoor wedding but doesn't want the hassle of having to bring and take out everything.

Sent on 07/10/2015

Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch's reply:

Jade, thank you so much for your kind words! We truly loved working with the two of you throughout the entire wedding process! We wish you all the best! ~Ge

Oh man where to begin?? Not very many people can say that their wedding day was as amazing as mine and trust me when I say, other than family and one amazing DJ that credit goes to Sylvandale Ranch and their incredible staff! They helped with everything from prep to clean up, and Ge did everything possible to keep everything on track and organized!! Not to mention the sheer beauty of the venue even with the recent construction!!! They made the day what it was and I will not hesitate to spread the word and be a return customer! Thank you for making my wedding the best experience I could have asked for and so much more!!!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you and your "team". We wish you all the best! --Ge

Tina · Married on 06/21/2014

We were extremely pleased with Sylvan Dales ability to recover from devastating flooding and give us the wedding of our dreams. They were reliable and very easy to work with. We always knew how things were progressing. Ge Moore was an outstanding event coordinator and we had complete faith in her ability to make this an outstanding event. We would with out hesitation recommend this venue.

Sent on 08/31/2014

Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Tina. It was truly a pleasure working with you. All of us here at Sylvan Dale wish you tremendous success and happiness! All the best--Ge

We married on horseback on top of Eagle Ridge. The view was spectacular. The staff was very accommodating and made great effort to make our wedding a memorable event. We look forward to returning again.

Caren · Married on 09/08/2013

The whole experience at Sylvan Dale was beyond perfect. Thanks to the wonderful staff we didn't have a single hiccup or issue. The setting is beautiful and natural, the people are courteous and professional, and the price was extremely fair. We had an amazing experience for our 20 year renewal and could not have had a more perfect day.

Jennifer · Married on 08/25/2013

Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch was the perfect location for our wedding. It was private and the perfect size for our wedding. Since the majority of our guests came from outside of Colorado, Sylvan Dale was perfect so that we could have the wedding, the reception, and the lodging all in one location.

Alaina Johnson, the wedding coordinator at Sylvan Dale, was amazing at communicating promptly with us. She even helped up navigate guests to the ranch around a bike race that got scheduled to run past the ranch, closing down the roads on one of the days that many of the guests were traveling to the ranch.

Our wedding was absolutely perfect, we just wish that the storm hadn't rolled through 3 weeks later, flooding the entire venue and destroying an amazing and beautiful place. We will definitely be back to spend our first year anniversary there in August.

Kimberly · Married on 06/29/2013

Can't say enough great things about Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch as a wedding site! The area is beautiful, the staff, every single person we interacted with, was superb, the food was delicious. A special Thanks to Alaina, our wedding coordinator and her assistant Hannah for taking such good care of us and making the whole wedding flow so smoothly. I highly recommend Sylvan Dale for a true Colorado wedding experience!

Lisa · Married on 06/09/2013

Sylvan Dale was an amazing venue and the perfect place for our wedding. All of the staff was friendly and helpful and super accommodating to all of our requests. Alaina did a great job making sure everything ran smoothly and I didn't have to stress about anything on my big day. Thank you all so much!!!

Becky · Married on 05/19/2013

Sylvan Dale was the perfect spot for our special day! The staff was amazing and was willing to help with whatever we needed. It was so nice to have one place that took care of pretty much everything (ceremony, reception, lodging) and it was extremely affordable! overall we spent around $7000 for ceremony, reception with buffet and open bar for 100 guest (the food was amazing) We also reserved and paid for lodging on the site for around 30 guest that was included in the $7000. So overall it was really affordable. And the VIEWS!! It was so beautiful! Right at the base of the Rocky Mountains! I could not have asked for a more perfect place! I absolutely recommend Sylvan Dale to any couple!

Alaina did a great job coordinating our day.

Leah · Married on 04/21/2013

We are so happy that we had our wedding at Sylvan Dale! Alaina the wedding coordinator was accessible, friendly, and flexible. It was so easy to work with her! Our ceremony and reception were beautiful and affordable. Our guests enjoyed the food and the atmosphere and Alaina kept our event on schedule. We would absolutely recommend Sylvan Dale to anyone and hope to visit again soon!
    - Leah and Nick

Pam · Married on 04/06/2013

The staff at Sylvan Dale, especially Alaina, went above and beyond to make my daughter's wedding perfect. Alaina was there throughout the event to make sure our every need was met. The food was fabulous, the location was beautiful, and we all had an absolutely wonderful time. The next morning the wedding party enjoyed breakfast together and a gorgeous Colorado morning walking along the river banks and saying goodbye slowly. Perfect, perfect. Thank you, Sylvan Dale!

Jann & Jim · Married on 03/23/2013

Alaina was cheerful, practical and extremely flexible. She was available to answer questions and to meet our needs. In spite of last minute weather changes she rolled with what ever needed to be done and with whatever changes need to be made to meet the quests' and bridal party's needs.

Jill · Married on 03/23/2013

Throughout our planning process we knew weather might be a factor. Of course it was and we got one of those heavy Colorado spring snowstorms. We had to move the ceremony inside. It went very smoothly and our guests tell us it was perfect. The fireplace was lit just before the ceremony and provided a beautiful backdrop for the wedding party. We could not have been more pleased.

• User3203446 · 2+ years ago

Everyone at Sylvan Dale was so easy to work with. They were all so flexible with everything from the initial planning to the blizzard of a day the wedding was. They made it possible for me to have a stress and worry free wedding day!!!

Miscommunication when it came to lodging made it a bit stressful in planning but luckily wedding not during the peak season so everyone that didn't wait until last minute to make room reservations were able to stay.