Sycamore Farm Bloomington Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
    Lauren Married on 05/19/2018
    This is a great venue! I got married here almost 2 weeks ago and have nothing but good things to say about the venue and the Sycamore Farm team. The venue is beautiful! It is quite and very intimate. The venue coordinator, Jennifer, is absolutely amazing! She helped with everything – setup, keeping the wedding on time, organizing the bridal party, etc. She was wonderful to work with and made my wedding day stress-free. Overall, my experience with Sycamore Farm was great!
    Morgan Married on 08/13/2016
    This venue is amazing! This venue and property is beautiful. The owners are so easy to work with and they are willing to help you at any time. I loved that I didn't have to do a ton of decorating because the venue already had so much. The day of the wedding, I had my own decorator setting up things but they also have their own event manager who helps set up all the linens/tables/chairs and greets all the vendors to make sure they have everything they need. I did not have to worry about a single thing that day and I loved it. I would recommend them to anyone!
    Alexis Married on 06/18/2016
    Sycamore Farm was amazing!!! If I had to plan my wedding again I would choose them without a doubt. They were so great to work with and made our day more special than we ever thought possible! I would recommend them to anyone!
    Danielle Married on 06/04/2016
    Sycamore Farm is a gorgeous venue, and the staff there was so, so helpful! They responded promptly to my endless questions and changes, and made the wedding day a breeze.
    Erika Married on 01/29/2016
    Diann and Ted were wonderful to work with and offered helpful suggestions. We had a Sunday afternoon ceremony and reception with cake and hors d'oeuvres. Diann worked with the caterer and set up the perfect menu! Even though a hot day was expected we were very comfortable. Sycamore Farm sits atop a hill and have wonderful cooling breezes --- the farm is also equipped with plenty of fans. With the suggestions from Diann and Ted we moved the ceremony to ensure the guests would be in the shade during the ceremony as well. We could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Sycamore Farm Bloomington's reply:

It was a joy to share in your wedding plans and a joy to have your wonderful family and friends, of all ages, enjoying the farm on a Summer Sunday afternoon.
    Kaitlyn Married on 09/12/2015
    I loved everything about this venue! Diann and Ted were extremely helpful in the months leading up to my wedding, and Holly and Jack were both there the day of the event to set up and help things run smoothly.

This venue is absolutely gorgeous and all my guests were very complimentary.

Thank you, Sycamore Farm!

Sycamore Farm Bloomington's reply:

Thank you so much - your kind words are greatly appreciated. D,T, H, & J
  • User2314633 2+ years ago
    Lots of thanks for the great support Sycamore Farms, and specially Diann Lock, gave us for our wedding.
    The farm is incredible!!! We had so many great comments from all our family and friends that share the day with us. Everyone was amazed by the beauty, size, distribution, service, and everything in the Farm. Both barns have amazing light fixtures that just enhance our wonderful night.
    We couldn't be happier with our selection of Sycamore Farms for our wedding, it made our wedding one amazing and unforgettable night for everyone.
    Elyse Married on 08/08/2015
    Diann and Ted were wonderful hosts! We planned our wedding long distance from LA. A couple times we sprung surprise visits to Bloomington on them and asked if we could swing by last minute. They accommodated most every request. We transformed the barn into our dream wedding and it was gorgeous! Thanks Diann and Ted for all your help creating our memorable day!
  • User2136998 2+ years ago
    Sycamore Farm is a beautiful farm and our guests had an enjoyable time. Some even said it was the best wedding they ever attended. The rain made the day more beautiful and moving the ceremony inside to seat 230 people worked out better than expected! Most importantly, the bride and groom had a "flawless day", as my daughter the bride put it. Holley was so helpful with the rain situation and giving great advice and assistance! Jack was so kind and was a great help as well. I certainly recommend Sycamore Farm for a venue! Ted and Diann are wonderful and so helpful!
    Rachel Married on 10/25/2014
    Diann and Ted were quick to respond and open to accommodating what my fiance and I envisioned for our day. The environment was perfect for a combination of easy going and classy. Diann and Ted worked hard to make sure our guests were comfortable and had what they needed, which allowed for my husband and I to relax and enjoy being around our favorite people in the world.
    Don Married on 10/12/2014
    The Locks are a very pleasant to work with , very accommodating, My daughter's wedding event went off without a hitch, Ted, Diane and Jack were on top of any request we had.
    Samantha Married on 09/28/2014
    The owners were great to work with! We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the venue. I would suggest renting the space for two days so that you have plenty of time to decorate and rehearse. Make sure to reserve it well in advance as it books quickly. It was so beautifully decorated and included many extras such as the option to rent tables and chairs directly from the venue.
    Danielle Married on 09/27/2014
    Sycamore Farm is a beautiful venue and Ted and Diann are were very helpful throughout the whole process. They helped make the day absolutely perfect!
    Ashley Married on 07/05/2014
    Ted and Diann were so amazing to work with for our wedding! The farm far exceeded my expectations!
    Robert Married on 06/15/2014
    This Venue is perfect for a wedding. The manger was quick to respond with any requirements during the event. They have many items available for last minute needs, such as power cords and additional tables.

Could have not been more pleased as how our day progressed.
    Penny Married on 06/01/2014
    Check out the storage room for things that are available. I didn't realize that there were extra Christmas lights available for free in the storage room. I had purchased a lot of lights after Christmas last year that would not have been necessary. They also had a birdcage for cards that I could have used and a few other miscellaneous items.

Great people to work with. One person from our party suggested they should have ceiling fans installed but we had a lovely day and truly there is always a breeze on the hill.
    Ashley Married on 05/31/2014
    Sycamore Farm is a beautiful place with wonderful owners who are so nice and extremely helpful! Ted and Diann went above and beyond to make sure our special day was perfect! They even found a bartender for us at the last minute when our scheduled bartender didn't show up. We couldn't have asked for better service and hospitality!!
    Traci Married on 05/25/2014
    Great venue-clean facility, beautiful landscape
    A lot of parking
    Clean bathrooms
    Hands on help with the owners
  • User1681009 2+ years ago
    Sycamore Farm was the perfect venue for our wedding. Diann and Todd were accommodating and friendly, eager to help in any way possible. Our guests loved the location!
    Clare Married on 04/26/2014
    This was the perfect venue for us, you have a nice outdoors feel without being too rustic. The owners do a fantastic job at making sure everything runs smoothly. We were blessed with great weather, though wind tends to get funneled through the barns with all the doors opened up.
    Penny Married on 11/02/2013
    Sycamore Farm owners Diann and Ted were extremely professional. Very easy to work with. They make you feel like family. They work behind the scenes making sure your day goes as smoothly as possible. I would HIGHLY recommend them and their venue. They made my dreams for my daughters wedding come true. It was BEAUTIFUL and everything was Perfect!!
    Tamie Married on 11/02/2013
    The owners of Sycamore Farm, Ted and Diann were very personable and helpful. They were flexible with many things and very accomodating. We had several visits to the farm that were spur of the moment and we even changed our date and they worked with us on all of that too.
    They even opened up the private patio area of their own home to allow the wedding party to take photos there.They also took their own cute photos of our wedding party, families, decorations and guests which they shared on our Instagram with us! They also mingled with our guests and joined in with helping us with anything we needed.
    I had made visits to several barns during my planning stages and they all required different things such as using specific photographer, using on their "approved" list of vendors for alcohol, food, tables, renting this or that, etc. And Sycamore Farm was not like that at all! Ted and Diann really seem to aim to please.
    This venue is great for a barn wedding and your guests will be amazed! It has a great heritage and is really an 'urban' barn with all of the things your guests will appreciate. I had a rather large wedding and all of the feedback from my guests have been positive and I have been repeatedly hearing how gorgeous the venus was!
    Worth every penny. Take note future brides, this barn is fabulous and completed my fairytale barn wedding. I highly recommend it if it is your dream too!
    Lori Married on 10/12/2013
    Diann and Ted were awesome to work with - they were helpful and friendly from the first day we met.
    The Farm was clean and very well kept.
    Would highly recommend to anyone considering a rustic/country style event or Wedding.
    Bre Married on 09/21/2013
    We used Sycamore Farm for our wedding ceremony and reception, and we could not have asked for a better location for our big day, or for better people to work with!

Ted and Diann, the owners of the farm, created a setting that is a "blank slate" for brides to be as creative as they want with, in order to create a wedding that is unique and fun. However, the barn and the farm are gorgeous, even without additional decoration. Ted and Diann have done a wonderful job with landscaping and with the small touches of lighting and decor that they have added to the barn. We first visited the farm in January. Everything was covered in snow and ice, and was still so beautiful that we knew we had found our venue! Throughout the months of planning, Diann was always available for questions and advice, and she and Ted were always welcoming when we would ask to visit. They were also very helpful in suggesting other vendors that had been to the farm before.

Our guests couldn't stop raving about the farm throughout or wedding day, and even for days after. It was perfect for a fun, laid back event. The barn is open and airy, and there are plenty of places to walk around and relax both inside and outside of the barn. I can't say enough about it, and my husband and I are both hoping someone else we know gets married there so we have an excuse to go back! :)
    Sheila Married on 09/21/2013
    Wonderful people to work with. Made us feel like a part of the family. Beautiful place for any event.