SYB Event Planning Reviews

SYB Event Planning 7
  • Rossemary

Rossemary · Married on 09/14/2018

Soraya Just Gets It!

I found Soraya after looking for wedding coordinators on the Wire. As soon as we spoke we instantly connected as she was great and understanding what I needed. She coordinated our floral arrangements with the best florist in town and managed my wedding day with true professionalism. I relied on her for great advise and am truly grateful for her dedication and pure willingness to make my wedding day a dream.

Vicki · Married on 06/23/2018

I can honestly say that Soraya was amazing, every step of the way! She made me feel confident that the party was going to be a success, and it was. Everyone was so impressed by her presentation of food, which was amazing, and the ambiance that she created. I would highly, highly recommend her! She made me look really good planning a huge Grand opening/ Open house for up to 400 guests. You will not be sorry, I can promise you that! This girl, and her team really know how to plan an event! Good Luck to you!

Amy · Married on 04/05/2018

Soraya put together a wonderful, festive looking Tenant Appreciation Event with a Red Sox Opening Day theme at my company. We had about 400 tenants come through to enjoy "ballpark foods" and watch the Red Sox game projected onto a wall. A great time had by all. Would hire her again in a second!

Anna · Married on 08/12/2017

Hiring Soraya from S.Y.B. Event planning was the best wedding decision we made! She is extremely professional, friendly, organized and literally takes care of EVERYTHING. We originally contacted her for catering services (she has connections with many great restaurants and chefs and really works with you to build your perfect menu-organizing tastings and hand picking each menu item) but she also helped us with everything from finding a DJ to working with our hotel venue to manage the day-of coordination.

I would highly recommend you take advantage of Soraya's "Day-of Coordination" service-she works non-stop to make sure everything flows smoothly, coordinating with all of your vendors and managing the timeline for your entire wedding reception. You do not even notice that she is there during the reception-she works so quickly and behind-the scenes ensuring that everything is perfect! She truly is the fairy godmother every wedding needs!

Soraya also has a great specialty and understanding working with multi-cultural weddings. As a fusion Indian/American wedding she was very attentive in accommodating our unique needs (ex. building a fusion menu).

I cannot say enough how S.Y.B Event planning, whether you hire them for catering or planning services, is the best decision you will make for your wedding planning!

Elisha · Married on 06/10/2017

Soraya was a gift! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner. She made us feel so comfortable from the moment we started working with her. She was always available, communicative and helpful. She broke down the whole process and budget for us and reached out to multiple vendors who we never would have known about! We love Soraya!

Huck · Married on 06/25/2016

Soraya and her team were amazing! Several people told us ours was the best wedding they have been to, and Soraya was behind it all!

Kayla · Married on 06/25/2016

S.Y.B will take care of every detail of your event! Soraya and her team are professional, caring, and fun! She made my wedding day perfect. She took care of catering, finding an awesome DJ, and planning all my day of services. With Soraya in charge, I didn't have to do anything but relax and enjoy my wedding day! I highly recommend her services!

Heather · Married on 06/18/2016

Soraya was amazing! The day of coordinator was one of the last things we booked. I wasn't sure if we would need one. Our wedding was at an inn and we brought all of our own vendors in and did everything ourselves. I realized I was going to want to relax and enjoy the wedding day and let someone else take over. We met with two other day of coordinators and after meeting with soraya, our choice was obvious. She has been in business for a while and knows exactly what she is doing. She came to the inn on Friday prior to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and we walked through everything that needed to be done. She has done so many weddings so I trusted her with any opinions she had! The day of the wedding she executed everything and more! She did everything on our to do list and I'm sure many other things I don't even know about. We are so so happy we hired not only a day of coordinator, but soraya. I had no worries knowing she was there! Any other events we have in our lifetime, we will definitely be using her!

• User6191152 · 2+ years ago

Planning a destination wedding in Newport, RI in 6 months while living hundreds of miles away, working full time, moving once cross-country, finding a new job, starting a new job, etc, etc, is no easy task, even with a wedding planner! With everything going on in my life, plus the short timeframe (the wedding date we selected was 6 months out from the day we secured the venue), and the fact that I am a perfectionist, I knew I was going to need help. I was lucky enough to come across SYB Event Planning while on Thumbtack. I interviewed a few companies and ended up selecting SYB because Soraya, the owner, and I really clicked while talking on the phone. While I wasn't necessarily looking for a cultural wedding, I knew she would understand some of the nuances with our families because my husband and I come from different cultural backgrounds. Soraya specializes in taking the time to understand different cultures and she goes out of her way to embed as much or as little as you want of you or your partner's culture into your wedding.

I'm so glad I had Soraya for the entire wedding planning process and for the day of the wedding. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and totally exceeded my expectations (this is a perfectionist speaking...just for some perspective). I don't think that could have been possible without having Soraya helping along the way. She challenged me to think about things I would have never thought of and took care of all the details. She went above and beyond to make sure the wedding was as successful as it could be. She even drove over 90 miles each way to get us a cute favor that we really wanted for our guests...without hesitating! I didn't even ask her, but when she heard me talking about what I would like to do if the place was closer, she just jumped in and said she would take care of it. I'm so thankful for everything Soraya did to make our special day a success and would highly recommend her to anyone trying to plan a wedding.

Amy · Married on 10/24/2015

I hired Soraya and her team for Day of Coordinating Services and she was AMAZING. She was very responsive, took the time to learn about my then fiance and I, she met with us, gave us advice, contacted our vendors to introduce herself and help create our timelines. She came early the day of, just to make sure she and her team had enough time to set up. She handled setting the tables; linens, dishware, glasses, etc...she went and set up our gift card table, place card table and other added touches I wanted.

Her rates are reasonable, but for the quality of her work, she went above and beyond that. She also stayed the whole time and made sure to pack up my necessities. She made my mind at ease! I HIGHLY recommend her and I recommend hiring a day of planner if that is all your budget allows!

Soraya belgacem was referred to me by an acquaintance who had hired soraya as a wedding coordinator.
    I was truly happy with such a referral. I hired Soraya for the month of coordinating package because I needed some last minute help to tie up some loose ends and help with the ceremony rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. Soraya was truly professional, personable, responsive and paid great attention to details. She was also very easy to work with and made everything go smoothly especially the week of the wedding. Soraya made my stress level go down to zero. That was truly a blessing. I can definitely say that she is really good at what she does. I would definitely recommend her.

Marcia · Married on 06/20/2015

I hired S.Y.B Events for wedding services, catering and bar services for my wedding which was at my friends backyard! I realized I needed help tying everything together, about 6 months before my wedding. I did a search on Weddingwire and called a few wedding planners and from the start of speaking with Soraya, I knew she would be the one to help me out! It just so happened that her company had just started a catering and bar division and she gave me a better deal on the 6 Month Package, which included Day of Services. Her team and her arrived to help set the table, put the linens, organize the bar and catering aspect of things. Soraya, helped make sure all the other vendors came on time and knew what they were doing and she even created my timeline for me, for all the vendors and for the reception. She was an angel and would HIGHLY recommend her. Her catering service was delicious and her staff are so friendly and professional. The bartenders even added some specialty crafted beers in kegs for my fiance! Saved my whole wedding experience!!

Beth · Married on 03/02/2015

SYB worked with us on a international corporate event last November that was truly a challenging time of year. She did such a great job, we contacted her for another one of our international customer meetings. The quality of her service was one of the reasons, we wanted to work with her again. Soraya was able to work within our budget and provide us with a fabulous event.

We look forward to an ongoing relationship with SYB!

Priya · Married on 02/14/2015

Soraya helped plan my daughters 5th birthday party, she is extremely helpful and professional. She helped re-schedule the activities for the event due a snow storm at the very last minute and I was able to pull of the entire event as planned thanks to her help. She personally made sure I had all that I wanted for the event and even stayed till she was sure everything was there as planned. I would highly recommend Soraya.

I hired Soraya for full wedding services about a year ago and she was so amazing to work with. My then fiance and I at the time had a challenge of coming from different cultural and religious backgrounds and the fact we got as far as we did, was a miracle. Soraya coming from the background she came from, understood all the challenges that faced us and made it seem like they were not challenges. She even captured traditions from both of our sides (I am Middle Eastern - Arab Decent and My Husband is Indian) and made our wedding very special.

She did everything from helping us find a venue, and coordinating all of her staff! Her team was amazing to work with and she has such WONDERFUL vendors. She was timely, professional, and very personable; something you do not see with all those big time event planner. Her level of experience was amazing. She also helped us come up with a design for our wedding. From custom linens, to floral arrangements, specialty touches, our wedding was very glamorous. Fortunately, we has a good size budget.

I 100% will recommend Soraya and ALL of her vendors. Especially if you come from different cultural backgrounds and religions. She and her team are perfect for that. She even helped out in challenging times that was faced between the families.

If you ever need a recommendation, I am one to ask!!

Best,
    Shereen and Abhi

I hired Soraya for planning my daughter's 1st birthday. She and her staff did amazing work for transforming my outdated venue to simply superb.Let me mention about the dessert table she put together, it was perfectly what I imagined for and cake was so cute to look and it was delicious to eat.Thank you Soraya!!!

Maria · Married on 10/25/2014

Soraya did a great job helping me plan my twins 4yr
    Bday/halloween party. Once I told her what I was looking
    For I didn't have to do much more. She took care of everything
    Balloon artist, dj, and the decor which was amazing!!! She
    Was very professional and organized. I would highly recommend
    Her to plan your next event!

Samar · Married on 07/12/2014

I worked with Soraya for my wedding in July. We had our reception in a beautiful hotel that included a planner, however, hired Soraya to help in addition because of the attention to detail and many decisions required during the wedding planning. I am beyond thrilled with my decision to use SYB event planning! Soraya is extremely thoughtful and has creativity mixed with imagination to make your ideas come to life! I didn't know exactly what I was looking for. She was very patient and helped me put together the most elegant and unique wedding I could've ever asked for. The day of my wedding went so smoothly, and so many guests complimented that the wedding was the most beautiful they have ever been to! If you are looking for a professional, caring, creative, personable and enthusiastic event planner, meet with Soraya. I highly recommend SYB for any party, I will definitely be using her in the future for family events/parties!

Cristina · Married on 06/03/2011

Soraya was a pleasure to work with at the wedding. As a wedding photographer, she made my job easier! Beautiful details, well-planned timeline, and always a smile. Thanks and big hugs!

Evie · Married on 10/16/2010

S.Y.B. went above and beyond on our wedding! We had an out-of-state wedding: living in NY to wed in Quincy, MA. I had no idea where to begin with hair, makeup, venues, flowers, favors, transportation, rehearsal and dinner... that's where Soraya came in a saved me! She made all the right connections and made my day a day to remember! Professional, timely, creative, knowledgeable, warm, and soooooo helpful from the time I first spoke to her to the thank you's! They were on top of everything! I went from stressed out to stress free! I strongly recommend S.Y.B! My family still talks about our wedding! Thank you!!!

Tirzah · Married on 05/16/2009

We would like to sincerely thank SYB for the exceptional service provided for our nieces Quinceañera. We hired SYB for day of event decor and event management, but we received so much more than we could have ever expected. Not only did Soraya add beautiful and creative touches to make our event over the top, she pulled our vision together seamlessly. It was truly a red carpet affair! She was extremely professional and friendly and took care of every unexpected issue that arose with class and prompt action. She executed the entire event exactly according to schedule and kept all of us stress free. She went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and all needs were being met. I can't wait till our next event, we loved her work so much we have hired her to plan the entire event for us next year when our next niece turns 15!

Patricia · event on: 06/27/2015

My experience with S.Y.B. Event Planning Services was extremely positive. Soraya went above and beyond to understand what I wanted for this event and to provide ideas that were in keeping with my wishes. She was extremely professional and I enjoyed working with her. On the day of the event, she was on site and was just wonderful as was the team that was supporting her. The food was absolutely fabulous! Almost one month after the party, people are still raving about how wonderful everything was. I would highly recommend Soraya to anyone planning a party or event. You may find better bargains in terms of the absolute price, but I doubt you'll find better quality and more professional service--two things that are invaluable when planning an event. I want to plan another party just so that I can work with her again!

Atef · event on: 06/27/2015

Soraya did an outstanding job at my birthday party. The food, the service, and timing in preparation was fantastic and I recommend her without hesitation.

Renu · Married on 06/17/2017

We are very happy with SYB event planning. We wanted to have a wedding celebration in our backyard and did not want to spend too much yet wanted it look classy. With Soraya's help, we managed to do just that. She was great to work with, always accessible and very resourceful! We were expecting about 100 people and initially were not sure if we want a event planner but we are just so glad we went with one in the end. She was on top of everything and made sure every small detail was taken care of. Her recommendations for caterer and liquor suppliers were excellent. Food was top notch and we saved a lot on the liquour even though we had a pretty well stocked bar with all kinds of liquor. All in all we were very happy with Soraya's event planning services and would definitely recommend her.

SYB Event Planning 8