SYB Event Planning Reviews

32 | Wellesley, MA

32 Reviews for SYB Event Planning

Cynthia Feldmann · Getting married on 04/11/2022

Soraya and her team were great!

Soraya was very easy to work with. She really understands what you want. I highly recommend her and her team!

Sent on 01/01/2020

Jennifer O'reilly · Married on 01/10/2020

Wonderful, experienced and professional!

Soraya was incredibly thorough and forward thinking. Both my husband and I work demanding jobs and had little time to plan anything....she seemed so acutely able to crawl into our brains, recommend ideas aligned with our interests and values and support the best execution. So, so grateful and impressed!

Sent on 12/30/2019

Praneetha · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing, delicious, multicultural cuisines presented with style and elegance

Soraya was absolutely wonderful to work with and provided us with exactly what we needed for our wedding! She was professional, courteous, accommodating to our budget & dietary needs, and is someone who takes pride in the presentation of her work. She sourced 2 chefs for our wedding, one Indian and one Mexican, as my husband and I are from different cultures and wanted to incorporate both cuisines. She worked in an oyster bar as well while keeping us within budget. My guests have been raving about the food ever since, and I can't wait to work with Soraya again on my next event!

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Faith

Faith Roberts · Married on 04/05/2019

We got lucky with SYB Event Planning!

Just got back to Virginia from my son's wedding in Boston. We had to plan the rehearsal night dinner from afar. After a couple of locations fell through and we were getting closer to the date, I was scrabbling for a caterer going blindly off of yelp reviews. I stumbled on SYB Event Planning. Soraya, the owner, was wonderful! What a life saver! The dinner was held in perhaps an atypical place, but Soraya managed everything beautifully. If you want a caterer who not only provides really delicious food but is flexible and reliable, I highly recommend SYB Event Planning. We couldn't have been more pleased!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Susan e Matthews · Married on 03/09/2019

Amazing Caterer and Event Planner

Soraya and her staff were amazing! We hired her and her staff for a corporate lunch, baseball-themed. She was very responsive, she replied to all my questions quickly. She had so many great ideas and made my event so much better than I hoped it could be. She was very organized and I felt like I didn't need to worry. Her and her staff took care of everything! We plan to hire them again for our next event. I'm so glad I found her!

Sent on 03/09/2019

Makiya Polk · Married on 12/24/2018

Shes the best!

I stumbled across Soraya during my search for a caterer for a corporate holiday event. Soraya was very accommodating to my teams needs and was able to provide more than exceptional services. She was able to work with my busy schedule to make I got all the clarity I needed. It was so great of her to stop by my company to let my team and I taste a few of her selected dishes. When she arrived the day of the event she was on time and her teammates were very pleasant. The set up was way better than I ever imagined. Very nice table cloths, high end utensils, high end service and attention to details. I haven't done many events before, but I let Soraya take the lead and she made me feel so comfortable and shared brilliant ideas that helped this event turn out fabulous. People could not stop talking about the food and how great she set up at the event. I will definitely be using Soraya for many more events in the future!

Sent on 12/24/2018
  • Rossemary

Rossemary · Married on 09/14/2018

Soraya Just Gets It!

I found Soraya after looking for wedding coordinators on the Wire. As soon as we spoke we instantly connected as she was great and understanding what I needed. She coordinated our floral arrangements with the best florist in town and managed my wedding day with true professionalism. I relied on her for great advise and am truly grateful for her dedication and pure willingness to make my wedding day a dream.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Vicki · Married on 06/23/2018

I can honestly say that Soraya was amazing, every step of the way! She made me feel confident that the party was going to be a success, and it was. Everyone was so impressed by her presentation of food, which was amazing, and the ambiance that she created. I would highly, highly recommend her! She made me look really good planning a huge Grand opening/ Open house for up to 400 guests. You will not be sorry, I can promise you that! This girl, and her team really know how to plan an event! Good Luck to you!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Amy · Married on 04/05/2018

Soraya put together a wonderful, festive looking Tenant Appreciation Event with a Red Sox Opening Day theme at my company. We had about 400 tenants come through to enjoy "ballpark foods" and watch the Red Sox game projected onto a wall. A great time had by all. Would hire her again in a second!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Anna · Married on 08/12/2017

Hiring Soraya from S.Y.B. Event planning was the best wedding decision we made! She is extremely professional, friendly, organized and literally takes care of EVERYTHING. We originally contacted her for catering services (she has connections with many great restaurants and chefs and really works with you to build your perfect menu-organizing tastings and hand picking each menu item) but she also helped us with everything from finding a DJ to working with our hotel venue to manage the day-of coordination.

I would highly recommend you take advantage of Soraya's "Day-of Coordination" service-she works non-stop to make sure everything flows smoothly, coordinating with all of your vendors and managing the timeline for your entire wedding reception. You do not even notice that she is there during the reception-she works so quickly and behind-the scenes ensuring that everything is perfect! She truly is the fairy godmother every wedding needs!

Soraya also has a great specialty and understanding working with multi-cultural weddings. As a fusion Indian/American wedding she was very attentive in accommodating our unique needs (ex. building a fusion menu).

I cannot say enough how S.Y.B Event planning, whether you hire them for catering or planning services, is the best decision you will make for your wedding planning!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Elisha · Married on 06/10/2017

Soraya was a gift! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner. She made us feel so comfortable from the moment we started working with her. She was always available, communicative and helpful. She broke down the whole process and budget for us and reached out to multiple vendors who we never would have known about! We love Soraya!

Sent on 10/22/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 08/06/2016

If you want to enjoy your wedding day and not have to worry that things will get done, then you want to hire a wedding coordinator. I was on the fence about hiring one, and my finance made the decision because he didn't want me to stress and worry about anything that day. Of all the money we spent for the wedding, this is probably one of the best decisions we made. Soraya is truly talented! She helped to make our wedding perfect and most of all STRESS FREE!!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Huck · Married on 06/25/2016

Soraya and her team were amazing! Several people told us ours was the best wedding they have been to, and Soraya was behind it all!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Kayla · Married on 06/25/2016

S.Y.B will take care of every detail of your event! Soraya and her team are professional, caring, and fun! She made my wedding day perfect. She took care of catering, finding an awesome DJ, and planning all my day of services. With Soraya in charge, I didn't have to do anything but relax and enjoy my wedding day! I highly recommend her services!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Heather · Married on 06/18/2016

Soraya was amazing! The day of coordinator was one of the last things we booked. I wasn't sure if we would need one. Our wedding was at an inn and we brought all of our own vendors in and did everything ourselves. I realized I was going to want to relax and enjoy the wedding day and let someone else take over. We met with two other day of coordinators and after meeting with soraya, our choice was obvious. She has been in business for a while and knows exactly what she is doing. She came to the inn on Friday prior to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and we walked through everything that needed to be done. She has done so many weddings so I trusted her with any opinions she had! The day of the wedding she executed everything and more! She did everything on our to do list and I'm sure many other things I don't even know about. We are so so happy we hired not only a day of coordinator, but soraya. I had no worries knowing she was there! Any other events we have in our lifetime, we will definitely be using her!

Sent on 06/26/2016
  • User6191152 · 2+ years ago

Planning a destination wedding in Newport, RI in 6 months while living hundreds of miles away, working full time, moving once cross-country, finding a new job, starting a new job, etc, etc, is no easy task, even with a wedding planner! With everything going on in my life, plus the short timeframe (the wedding date we selected was 6 months out from the day we secured the venue), and the fact that I am a perfectionist, I knew I was going to need help. I was lucky enough to come across SYB Event Planning while on Thumbtack. I interviewed a few companies and ended up selecting SYB because Soraya, the owner, and I really clicked while talking on the phone. While I wasn't necessarily looking for a cultural wedding, I knew she would understand some of the nuances with our families because my husband and I come from different cultural backgrounds. Soraya specializes in taking the time to understand different cultures and she goes out of her way to embed as much or as little as you want of you or your partner's culture into your wedding.

I'm so glad I had Soraya for the entire wedding planning process and for the day of the wedding. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and totally exceeded my expectations (this is a perfectionist speaking...just for some perspective). I don't think that could have been possible without having Soraya helping along the way. She challenged me to think about things I would have never thought of and took care of all the details. She went above and beyond to make sure the wedding was as successful as it could be. She even drove over 90 miles each way to get us a cute favor that we really wanted for our guests...without hesitating! I didn't even ask her, but when she heard me talking about what I would like to do if the place was closer, she just jumped in and said she would take care of it. I'm so thankful for everything Soraya did to make our special day a success and would highly recommend her to anyone trying to plan a wedding.

Sent on 05/14/2016

Amy · Married on 10/24/2015

I hired Soraya and her team for Day of Coordinating Services and she was AMAZING. She was very responsive, took the time to learn about my then fiance and I, she met with us, gave us advice, contacted our vendors to introduce herself and help create our timelines. She came early the day of, just to make sure she and her team had enough time to set up. She handled setting the tables; linens, dishware, glasses, etc...she went and set up our gift card table, place card table and other added touches I wanted.

Her rates are reasonable, but for the quality of her work, she went above and beyond that. She also stayed the whole time and made sure to pack up my necessities. She made my mind at ease! I HIGHLY recommend her and I recommend hiring a day of planner if that is all your budget allows!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Soraya belgacem was referred to me by an acquaintance who had hired soraya as a wedding coordinator.
    I was truly happy with such a referral. I hired Soraya for the month of coordinating package because I needed some last minute help to tie up some loose ends and help with the ceremony rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. Soraya was truly professional, personable, responsive and paid great attention to details. She was also very easy to work with and made everything go smoothly especially the week of the wedding. Soraya made my stress level go down to zero. That was truly a blessing. I can definitely say that she is really good at what she does. I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Patricia · event on: 06/27/2015

My experience with S.Y.B. Event Planning Services was extremely positive. Soraya went above and beyond to understand what I wanted for this event and to provide ideas that were in keeping with my wishes. She was extremely professional and I enjoyed working with her. On the day of the event, she was on site and was just wonderful as was the team that was supporting her. The food was absolutely fabulous! Almost one month after the party, people are still raving about how wonderful everything was. I would highly recommend Soraya to anyone planning a party or event. You may find better bargains in terms of the absolute price, but I doubt you'll find better quality and more professional service--two things that are invaluable when planning an event. I want to plan another party just so that I can work with her again!

Sent on 07/18/2015

Atef · event on: 06/27/2015

Soraya did an outstanding job at my birthday party. The food, the service, and timing in preparation was fantastic and I recommend her without hesitation.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Marcia · Married on 06/20/2015

I hired S.Y.B Events for wedding services, catering and bar services for my wedding which was at my friends backyard! I realized I needed help tying everything together, about 6 months before my wedding. I did a search on Weddingwire and called a few wedding planners and from the start of speaking with Soraya, I knew she would be the one to help me out! It just so happened that her company had just started a catering and bar division and she gave me a better deal on the 6 Month Package, which included Day of Services. Her team and her arrived to help set the table, put the linens, organize the bar and catering aspect of things. Soraya, helped make sure all the other vendors came on time and knew what they were doing and she even created my timeline for me, for all the vendors and for the reception. She was an angel and would HIGHLY recommend her. Her catering service was delicious and her staff are so friendly and professional. The bartenders even added some specialty crafted beers in kegs for my fiance! Saved my whole wedding experience!!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Beth · Married on 03/02/2015

SYB worked with us on a international corporate event last November that was truly a challenging time of year. She did such a great job, we contacted her for another one of our international customer meetings. The quality of her service was one of the reasons, we wanted to work with her again. Soraya was able to work within our budget and provide us with a fabulous event.

We look forward to an ongoing relationship with SYB!

Sent on 03/16/2015

Priya · Married on 02/14/2015

Soraya helped plan my daughters 5th birthday party, she is extremely helpful and professional. She helped re-schedule the activities for the event due a snow storm at the very last minute and I was able to pull of the entire event as planned thanks to her help. She personally made sure I had all that I wanted for the event and even stayed till she was sure everything was there as planned. I would highly recommend Soraya.

Sent on 02/18/2015

I hired Soraya for full wedding services about a year ago and she was so amazing to work with. My then fiance and I at the time had a challenge of coming from different cultural and religious backgrounds and the fact we got as far as we did, was a miracle. Soraya coming from the background she came from, understood all the challenges that faced us and made it seem like they were not challenges. She even captured traditions from both of our sides (I am Middle Eastern - Arab Decent and My Husband is Indian) and made our wedding very special.

She did everything from helping us find a venue, and coordinating all of her staff! Her team was amazing to work with and she has such WONDERFUL vendors. She was timely, professional, and very personable; something you do not see with all those big time event planner. Her level of experience was amazing. She also helped us come up with a design for our wedding. From custom linens, to floral arrangements, specialty touches, our wedding was very glamorous. Fortunately, we has a good size budget.

I 100% will recommend Soraya and ALL of her vendors. Especially if you come from different cultural backgrounds and religions. She and her team are perfect for that. She even helped out in challenging times that was faced between the families.

If you ever need a recommendation, I am one to ask!!

Best,
    Shereen and Abhi

Sent on 11/10/2015

I hired Soraya for planning my daughter's 1st birthday. She and her staff did amazing work for transforming my outdated venue to simply superb.Let me mention about the dessert table she put together, it was perfectly what I imagined for and cake was so cute to look and it was delicious to eat.Thank you Soraya!!!

Sent on 11/05/2014