SYB Catering & Bar Event Services Reviews

34 | Salem, NH

34 Reviews for SYB Catering & Bar Event Services

• Jesse

Jesse B. · Married on 07/24/2021

Professional and wonderful to work with!

Soraya was amazing! She was so well organized, listened to our ideas and worked with our budget. I would definitely recommend SYB!

Sent on 07/16/2020

Jessica J. · Married on 10/03/2020

Excellent Service

We hired Soraya and her staff for both catering and coordinating. We had a wedding in the middle of a field on our family property and she helped the day run smoothly. As you can imagine it was a lot to develop a venue from scratch. Soraya made sure we had everything we needed which helped to relieve a lot of stress for us and our family. We have received so many complements on the food and the staff. I would highly recommend Soraya and her team to anyone. Thank you for everything Soraya! :)

Sent on 10/15/2020
  • Lisa

Lisa F. · Married on 09/12/2020

The best in the business!

Soraya is amazing. I had to put a backyard wedding together in less than 3 months and she guided me the whole way, right up until the night before. She was flexible, accommodating and incredibly easy to work with. Her food and staff were exceptional. My daughter had the best wedding she could have had during such trying times and it would not have happened without Soraya. She clearly is the best in the business.

Sent on 09/23/2020

Janet D. · Married on 09/12/2020

Janet Dreger.

Our backyard wedding Sept 12 was spectacular thanks to Soraya and staff. She took care of every detail from tent to silverware. Most of all the food was beyond compare and presented efficiently and safely. My guests raved about it

Sent on 10/09/2020
  • Melea

Melea R. · Married on 08/22/2020

Amazing!!!

SYB was absolutely AMAZING! We had to change our big wedding plans to an intimate small backyard wedding due to COVID. With high risk parents on both sides, we were so concerned about having our wedding and bringing in outside vendors. Our new wedding plan was to have 10 people socially distanced in our backyard. Soraya made me feel so comfortable with her knowledge of food preparation, especially given her dedicated commitment to stay on top of guidelines around food prep during this time. Dinner was absolutely incredible!! Soraya knows what she’s doing and I would hire her for any event in the future and recommend her to everyone we know! She came out to our house, served us an amazing dinner, and I truly felt as though I was still having an incredible, elegant dinner from the comfort of my backyard! She’s fantastic!!! My now husband and I can’t thank her enough! She was not only professional but she was caring and accommodating in the best way possible!

Sent on 08/23/2020

Casey C. · Married on 07/11/2020

Excellent service, amazing food, 100/100 would recommend!

We have nothing but amazing things to say about Soraya & her team. Our original wedding plans shifted due to the pandemic, Soraya was there throughout the entire thing, she reassured and guided us during the uncertain time of planning. I don't know how we would have done it without her. Once decided and allowed to move forward with the wedding, we felt incredibly comfortable knowing Soraya planned and ensured top safety during our event. Our wedding was an absolute dream, the SYB team is professional, friendly and all around amazing. The food and service was incredible and our guests had nothing but amazing things to say. Our wedding was a dream come true, and all in part to SYB!

Sent on 01/02/2021

Talita M. · Married on 02/01/2020

Amazing Antipasto

I can’t say enough. Amazing... the food display was out of this world... was exactly what I was looking. Everyone loves the food and was impressed with antipasto..

Sent on 09/08/2020

John S. · Married on 12/22/2019

They were prompt professional and made delicious food

Great professional staff!!
    Organized

• Joy

Joy A. · Married on 12/14/2019

Exceptional Caterer!!!

Soraya was excellent throughout the process. She worked with me on what I needed and was flexible on price for my limited budget. She went above and beyond what was expected. The moment I spoke with her, I could tell she was different. She stood out in a positive way from all the other caterers I spoke to. Would definitely use her services again. The food was oh so yummy too. Presentation was great too.

Sent on 12/29/2019

Liz · Married on 09/07/2019

SYB Catering was great!

Their food was delicious! I also appreciated their flexibility based on the budget I had.

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Hayley

Hayley R. · Married on 05/12/2019

Would highly recommend to anyone!

SYB is amazing! Soraya was wonderful to work with, she was so accommodating to our requests and made sure everything was perfect! The food was delicious and we cant wait to work with SYB again!

Meghan C. · Married on 02/19/2019

Company event was a hit with SYB Catering

SYB Catering & Bar Event Services catered an event for my office & they were absolutely amazing!! All of the staff were so friendly, made the event run so effortlessly. Soraya was so flexible & accommodating --- we had a last minute menu change & it was no problem at all! Her team took away all the stress of hosting the event. I will definitely use them again for our next event! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 02/19/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda F. · Married on 10/24/2018

Absolutely perfect!

Soraya was PERFECT!! I cannot say enough how helpful she was and our mini wedding during covid was more than we could have expected!

Sent on 09/23/2020

Jill · Married on 08/11/2018

Soraya was seriously the best! We got married in Holderness NH and lived in Vermont. She was THE BEST with communication. She was always responding right away to my million questions and coordinated a tasting for our parents in their own home in Boston! She was super flexible with our backyard BBQ requests and the food, (even traveling up to NH) was fresh, hot and great! Our wedding was super DIY and we had no extra help. Soraya brought another person to help clean up during the night and serve our guest's needs. She truly went over the top with helping our reception flow. She communicated with the DJ and made the timing of food and dessert perfect! She is also just super nice. (She even taught us how to properly cut the cake for a good pic!) I would totally recommend SYB planning!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Vicki · Married on 06/23/2018

I couldn't have wished for a better Caterer! Soraya and her team were professional and fun to work with. I had a million questions leading up to our event, and she was always available to answer my questions right away! I would highly recommend her for any event! I will certainly be using her again! Not to mention the food was amazing! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Amy · Married on 04/05/2018

I have used sYB many times and I'm never disappointed.

Soraya is great to work with. She designs and customizes the event around your budget and always nails it. She provides delicious food and great decor’ . Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/13/2019
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 11/11/2017

Mrs. Isabella Jonas

I had so many different thoughts and ideas for my wedding, I was going crazy. When I met with Soraya she was so comforting to me, and had vendors for all of my ideas. She put my wants and wishes together seamlessly for my wedding day. Anytime that I had a concern or worry, I called her and it was resolved immediately. Soraya was always accessible to me. What a relief! By booking Soraya for my wedding it allowed me the extra time that I needed to really enjoy my out of town family and friends. The best decision that I made was booking SYB . I would highly recommend her.

Lisa · Married on 10/28/2017

Soraya, the owner, was a pleasure to work with. My event was a party at my home. She was very creative with the presentation of the food is a beautiful manner. The food was delicious and all my guests were raving. The night of my party, her staff arrived in plenty of time to set up, and when they left all was clean and in order. Although my event was not a wedding, I am sure she would do an amazing job with a wedding or other formal event. She is organized not only with the menu, but presentation, flow for the guests, creating beautiful stationary displays and having plenty of passed food. Her staff was excellent. I highly recommend SYB catering!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Mackie · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I cannot begin to emphasize how wonderful of a performance Soraya and her team displayed at our recent 80th birthday celebration event. It was truly amazing to see how great and magnificent everything looked. The birthday lady was so taken aback by what had been done in her honor that she was at a loss for words. Everything from the setting, flowers, lighting, attentive service, cordial staff, etc....was magnificent. The décor was truly stunning. The food was delectable, well done, and to die for. Everyone in attendance was beyond themselves on how "over the top" the party was. Soraya is very easy to work with and helps her clients achieve their ultimate desired goals.

Soraya and her team have brought nothing but pure joy to our hearts. She did a fantastic, marvelous job and we are truly elated to have chosen her for our event. Looking forward to the next one!!!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Annie · Married on 11/10/2016

The food was fabulous and the bar was perfect for our whiskey tasting!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Siri · Married on 05/27/2016

We worked with Soraya and SYB Catering for a dinner for our daughter and we were pleased with all they did ! The food was delicious and several remarked at how flavorful everything tasted. The decoration of the main table was beautiful. Soraya was very professional and it was a pleasure to work with her ! We would definitely recommend Soraya and her catering services to you !
    Dr and Mrs. Griggs

Sent on 06/09/2016

Beth · Married on 01/08/2016

S. Y.B Events did an awesome job on our holiday party. The food was delicious. Soraya and her staff handled every detail to perfection. I would definitely would us S. Y. B. Events again.

Sent on 01/15/2016

Shelby · Married on 12/13/2015

She was great, the client and field manager on site overseeing the event had nothing but amazing things to say about her and the catering. The food was delicious and complimentary beer and wine choices were a hit. They were professional, timely, personable and I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Hawn · Married on 10/03/2015

Backyard Wedding due to Covid-19

My daughter and her fiancé had to cancel their venue due to Covid-19 restrictions but MA was allowing up to 100 for outdoor events so they changed their plans to a small backyard wedding with about 40 guests. We needed to find a caterer quickly and Soraya's proposal was quick and thorough. Day of went so smoothly, her staff was excellent, the food delicious and their clean-up in our kitchen was impressive. Soraya also provided coordination for the day with a detailed timeline and excellent attention to every detail. She was responsive and easy to work with. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/10/2020

Tom · Married on 09/18/2015

My husband and I hired S.Y.B Catering and Bar Services - a Division of S.Y.B Event Planning Services, for our wedding at the Waterworks Museum this past September and the entire staff, particularly Owner and our Day of Coordinator Soraya Y. Belgacem , were incredible to work with. We came to her not even a month before our date because our caterer we originally had backed out due to a death in the family.
    She met with us at the Waterworks, we chose her over another caterer because she was familiar with the venue, as it is not your typical lay out. She showed us her sample menu, listened to what we wanted and then gave us her opinion. She was even able to add table cloths, tables and chairs, to our order as the other caterer was handling that.
    Her staff, bartenders and catering team came in early, set up everything, decorated the tables. Everything looked AMAZING and we both were very happy. The food was also amazing, almost not your "typical" boring wedding foods. We wanted a social type of party, so we did lots of fun passed appetizers, chicken and waffle skewers, spinach and feta cigars, ahi tuna tar tar that they served on a spoon, mini Swedish meatballs, which came out on mini plates and mini forks (So cute!!)
    The food stations were also set up, very nicely. Since they specialize in Mediterranean, we did some fresh sea-foods, which were amazing and a Middle Eastern station, we never tasted Hummus like that before!!
    The bar service was great, amazing bartender, fun and happy. We did a custom cocktail - that was a pink and blue color, it tasted amazing. We even had champagne handed out as people walked in through the doors.
    Soraya handled everything to a T, we did not have to worry about anything. ALL of her staff were so professional and worked very hard! They even wrapped up some left overs for our after party!
    We can’t thank S.Y.B Event Planning Services and Soraya enough for helping to make our wedding day so wonderful!

Sent on 01/18/2016