SYB Catering & Bar Event Services Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Reynolds D. Married on 10/14/2021

Making things painless

Me and my husband had a huge wedding planned with more than 100 people, we had to work around the pandemic, and had no idea what to do or where to start! Soraya made it so painless and easy like it was nothing! She was always flexible and was able to work around alot of changes at the drop of a hat. And now I sometimes seak out her help way after the wedding for all kinds of things! She even helped me make a wedding album way after the wedding. Highly recommended 100%
    Sepehr S. Married on 10/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Soraya is incredibly great at what she does and she has an awesome team

I would give Soraya and her team a 5+ star if this was an option. She provides the best in class service for the same price as other event planner/coordinators and her catering services is top notch. I would strongly recommend Soraya’s services for your event (our event was a wedding), especially if you have cultural elements at your event. She listens intently, she will study/learn your culture, and she will deliver exactly what you ask for (unlike other caterers and planners that I talked to before stumbling upon Soraya). Fortunately for us, she knew more about the Persian culture than I did (and I was born in Iran). She is from a multi-cultural background herself and has built a wide network of relationship with chefs and vendors from various backgrounds.

I would also strongly recommend couples to pay for her ‘day of’ or ‘month of’ coordination services. It is worth every penny. My wife and I weren’t sure if we wanted to pay extra for that. Thank God we decided to opt in for her ‘day of coordination’ services and if I had to do it all over, I would probably pay for her ‘month of coordination’ services. If you can’t afford her ‘month of’ services, make sure that you at least get her ‘day of’ services. I promise you that it will be 1000% worth it. Ask Soraya and she’ll explain to you why you need it. Also, she has a way of making things work.

Soraya, thank you for making our wedding the best day/night of our life yet. You have an awesome team too!
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
  • Jesse
    Jesse B. Married on 07/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional and wonderful to work with!

Soraya was amazing! She was so well organized, listened to our ideas and worked with our budget. I would definitely recommend SYB!
    Paige C. Married on 07/10/2021

Best EVER!!!!

Soraya and her team were so professional and kind and the food was AMAZING. She went above and beyond to make our day special and the food was the BEST wedding food ever (even though I'm biased!) We had the most unique passed apps and dinner. She catered to my dietary needs and created a personalized menu that everyone LOVED. Some of the food was vegan and even the hard-core meat-eaters loved it. Everyone was RAVING about how unique and delicious everything was. I can't recommend her enough!! Thank you Soraya!!
  • Jenkins
    Jessica J. Married on 10/03/2020

Excellent Service

We hired Soraya and her staff for both catering and coordinating. We had a wedding in the middle of a field on our family property and she helped the day run smoothly. As you can imagine it was a lot to develop a venue from scratch. Soraya made sure we had everything we needed which helped to relieve a lot of stress for us and our family. We have received so many complements on the food and the staff. I would highly recommend Soraya and her team to anyone. Thank you for everything Soraya! :)
    Janet D. Married on 09/12/2020

Janet Dreger.

Our backyard wedding Sept 12 was spectacular thanks to Soraya and staff. She took care of every detail from tent to silverware. Most of all the food was beyond compare and presented efficiently and safely. My guests raved about it
  • Lisa
    Lisa F. Married on 09/12/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best in the business!

Soraya is amazing. I had to put a backyard wedding together in less than 3 months and she guided me the whole way, right up until the night before. She was flexible, accommodating and incredibly easy to work with. Her food and staff were exceptional. My daughter had the best wedding she could have had during such trying times and it would not have happened without Soraya. She clearly is the best in the business.
  • Melea
    Melea R. Married on 08/22/2020

Amazing!!!

SYB was absolutely AMAZING! We had to change our big wedding plans to an intimate small backyard wedding due to COVID. With high risk parents on both sides, we were so concerned about having our wedding and bringing in outside vendors. Our new wedding plan was to have 10 people socially distanced in our backyard. Soraya made me feel so comfortable with her knowledge of food preparation, especially given her dedicated commitment to stay on top of guidelines around food prep during this time. Dinner was absolutely incredible!! Soraya knows what she’s doing and I would hire her for any event in the future and recommend her to everyone we know! She came out to our house, served us an amazing dinner, and I truly felt as though I was still having an incredible, elegant dinner from the comfort of my backyard! She’s fantastic!!! My now husband and I can’t thank her enough! She was not only professional but she was caring and accommodating in the best way possible!
    Casey C. Married on 07/11/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent service, amazing food, 100/100 would recommend!

We have nothing but amazing things to say about Soraya & her team. Our original wedding plans shifted due to the pandemic, Soraya was there throughout the entire thing, she reassured and guided us during the uncertain time of planning. I don't know how we would have done it without her. Once decided and allowed to move forward with the wedding, we felt incredibly comfortable knowing Soraya planned and ensured top safety during our event. Our wedding was an absolute dream, the SYB team is professional, friendly and all around amazing. The food and service was incredible and our guests had nothing but amazing things to say. Our wedding was a dream come true, and all in part to SYB!
    Talita M. Married on 02/01/2020

Amazing Antipasto

I can’t say enough. Amazing... the food display was out of this world... was exactly what I was looking. Everyone loves the food and was impressed with antipasto..
    John S. Married on 12/22/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

They were prompt professional and made delicious food

Great professional staff!!
    Organized
  • Joy
    Joy A. Married on 12/14/2019

Exceptional Caterer!!!

Soraya was excellent throughout the process. She worked with me on what I needed and was flexible on price for my limited budget. She went above and beyond what was expected. The moment I spoke with her, I could tell she was different. She stood out in a positive way from all the other caterers I spoke to. Would definitely use her services again. The food was oh so yummy too. Presentation was great too.
    Liz Married on 09/07/2019

SYB Catering was great!

Their food was delicious! I also appreciated their flexibility based on the budget I had.
  • Hayley
    Hayley R. Married on 05/12/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Would highly recommend to anyone!

SYB is amazing! Soraya was wonderful to work with, she was so accommodating to our requests and made sure everything was perfect! The food was delicious and we cant wait to work with SYB again!
    Meghan C. Married on 02/19/2019

Company event was a hit with SYB Catering

SYB Catering & Bar Event Services catered an event for my office & they were absolutely amazing!! All of the staff were so friendly, made the event run so effortlessly. Soraya was so flexible & accommodating --- we had a last minute menu change & it was no problem at all! Her team took away all the stress of hosting the event. I will definitely use them again for our next event! Definitely recommend!
  • Amanda
    Amanda F. Married on 10/24/2018

Absolutely perfect!

Soraya was PERFECT!! I cannot say enough how helpful she was and our mini wedding during covid was more than we could have expected!
    Jill Married on 08/11/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Soraya was seriously the best! We got married in Holderness NH and lived in Vermont. She was THE BEST with communication. She was always responding right away to my million questions and coordinated a tasting for our parents in their own home in Boston! She was super flexible with our backyard BBQ requests and the food, (even traveling up to NH) was fresh, hot and great! Our wedding was super DIY and we had no extra help. Soraya brought another person to help clean up during the night and serve our guest's needs. She truly went over the top with helping our reception flow. She communicated with the DJ and made the timing of food and dessert perfect! She is also just super nice. (She even taught us how to properly cut the cake for a good pic!) I would totally recommend SYB planning!!
    Vicki Married on 06/23/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I couldn't have wished for a better Caterer! Soraya and her team were professional and fun to work with. I had a million questions leading up to our event, and she was always available to answer my questions right away! I would highly recommend her for any event! I will certainly be using her again! Not to mention the food was amazing! Highly recommend!
    Amy Married on 04/05/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I have used sYB many times and I'm never disappointed.

Soraya is great to work with. She designs and customizes the event around your budget and always nails it. She provides delicious food and great decor’ . Highly recommend!
  • Maria
    Maria Married on 11/11/2017

Mrs. Isabella Jonas

I had so many different thoughts and ideas for my wedding, I was going crazy. When I met with Soraya she was so comforting to me, and had vendors for all of my ideas. She put my wants and wishes together seamlessly for my wedding day. Anytime that I had a concern or worry, I called her and it was resolved immediately. Soraya was always accessible to me. What a relief! By booking Soraya for my wedding it allowed me the extra time that I needed to really enjoy my out of town family and friends. The best decision that I made was booking SYB . I would highly recommend her.
    Lisa Married on 10/28/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Soraya, the owner, was a pleasure to work with. My event was a party at my home. She was very creative with the presentation of the food is a beautiful manner. The food was delicious and all my guests were raving. The night of my party, her staff arrived in plenty of time to set up, and when they left all was clean and in order. Although my event was not a wedding, I am sure she would do an amazing job with a wedding or other formal event. She is organized not only with the menu, but presentation, flow for the guests, creating beautiful stationary displays and having plenty of passed food. Her staff was excellent. I highly recommend SYB catering!
    Mackie Married on 09/02/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I cannot begin to emphasize how wonderful of a performance Soraya and her team displayed at our recent 80th birthday celebration event. It was truly amazing to see how great and magnificent everything looked. The birthday lady was so taken aback by what had been done in her honor that she was at a loss for words. Everything from the setting, flowers, lighting, attentive service, cordial staff, etc....was magnificent. The décor was truly stunning. The food was delectable, well done, and to die for. Everyone in attendance was beyond themselves on how "over the top" the party was. Soraya is very easy to work with and helps her clients achieve their ultimate desired goals.

Soraya and her team have brought nothing but pure joy to our hearts. She did a fantastic, marvelous job and we are truly elated to have chosen her for our event. Looking forward to the next one!!!
    Annie Married on 11/10/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The food was fabulous and the bar was perfect for our whiskey tasting!
    Siri Married on 05/27/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We worked with Soraya and SYB Catering for a dinner for our daughter and we were pleased with all they did ! The food was delicious and several remarked at how flavorful everything tasted. The decoration of the main table was beautiful. Soraya was very professional and it was a pleasure to work with her ! We would definitely recommend Soraya and her catering services to you !
    Dr and Mrs. Griggs
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message