Sweets of Lake Lure Reviews

27 | Lake Lure, NC

27 Reviews for Sweets of Lake Lure

27 Sweets of Lake Lure Reviews

Lauren · Married on 10/26/2018

While we weren't able to ultimately hire Ennis due to venue restrictions, she was amazing to communicate with and incredibly responsive! I really appreciated all of her time as we were in communication, as well as all the great ideas she had about wedding desserts! I wish we had been able to work with her, as I'm sure it would have been a truly amazing, low-stress experience!

Audrey Ellis · Married on 10/21/2018

I ate the leftover for breakfast :)

Our cake was absolutely amazing; it had fresh apples and white chocolate and everyone loved it. I had never found myself wanting to eat so much of a cake and it was wonderful to be able to order a specialty cake (gluten free) without it costing an arm and a leg!! Great service, great pricing and GREAT tasting goods!!! We will most definitely be ordering more in the future for anniversaries. We will post pictures when we get them back:)

Thank you Ennis!

Audrey and Tripp

Kristen · Married on 10/20/2018

Ennis is awesome to work with! Very accommodating and patient. Her flavors were amazing and I can't wait to see/taste the finished product!

• Jordan

Jordan · Married on 10/20/2018

Best cake ever!

Ennis was amazing as were her cakes! We got 2 cakes from her and both were so delicious! I was blown away with the quality of the cakes as well as the decorative icing on the groom's cake and the beauty of the wedding cake. My husband and I knew when we tried her cakes we had found the right person to make our cakes. She saw our vision and brought it to life! I highly recommend Ennis for any and all cake needs! She is AMAZING!!

Shannon Jacobs · Married on 10/20/2018

Excellent!

I would recommend Sweets of Lake Lure to anyone who wants a delicious treat at their wedding! Ennis was incredible and great to work with. Highly recommend!

Allison · Married on 10/14/2018

Best cake ever!

Ennis is amazing! My husband & I were having a destination wedding & I was having difficulty planning from 3 hours away. Ennis is the one vendor who made everything simple & easy! She was very responsive, friendly & planning with her was a breeze! And on top of that, the cake & cupcakes we had at the wedding were the best we’ve ever tasted! Guests are still talking about our red velvet cake! I recommend Sweets of Lake Lure to anyone planning a wedding in & around the area. THANK YOU, ENNIS!!!

Sweets of Lake Lure 1
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/13/2018

Delicious cupcakes!

We decided to do a small red velvet cake for us to cut, then cupcakes otherwise for the guests. The cupcakes were delightful, specifically the chocolate! We did chocolate/chocolate, vanilla/vanilla, banana/cream cheese frosting! Also included the wood stand which added a nice touch, and she decorated everything beautifully for the set up!

Amy · Married on 09/29/2018

Excellent cupcakes

The cupcakes that we got for our wedding were fantastic (so fantastic that my sister-in-law had to hide one for me)! We were able to mix and match cake flavors and icings. Ennis was great to communicate with and really cared about making sure that everything looked perfect.

Becky · Married on 08/11/2018

After several cake tastings we decided on Sweets of Lake Lure. We were looking for flavor and texture. They delivered. We tasted some amazing flavors of cake and icing. We needed a gluten free option and really couldn’t tell the difference between the GF and regular cake. They were both so tasty.

Sent on 03/11/2018

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

Thank you so much Becky! It warms my heart to know that those with Celiac don't have to suffer with bland, dry flavors or go without!
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 08/04/2018

We, and everyone that attended our wedding, absolutely loved our cakes! We did a decorated cake on display and sheet cakes in different flavors. Ennis provided us amazing options and we ended up with exactly what we wanted, and at a great value. Ennis was very professional and easy to work with. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Sweets of Lake Lure 2

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

Thank you so much Natalie! I'm thrilled everything was enjoyed!

Jamison · Married on 07/06/2018

The cake was beautiful and everyone enjoyed the cupcakes!

Sent on 09/30/2018
    Sweets of Lake Lure 3

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

Thanks so much Jamison and Rachel! What a great pic!
  • Cyndi

Cyndi · Married on 06/23/2018

Ennis is an excellent baker and cake designer! When we had our tasting, I didn't have a solid vision for our cake and gave her only a few ideas I had for our New Orleans themed design. She took my ideas and created a beautiful cake and cupcakes. The wedding cake and cupcakes were beyond delicious. They were moist and flavorful, and the buttercream icing is tremendous. Our guests raved about how good everything was. They were disappointed when we ran out of cake. They all wanted more!
    Thank you Ennis for making our day special!

Sent on 07/07/2018
    Sweets of Lake Lure 4
    Sweets of Lake Lure 5

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

Cyndi - I'm absolutely thrilled! Thank you so much for the kudos. Working with you was ease and so much fun!

Sara · Married on 06/15/2018

Ennis made a dream dessert buffet for mine and my husband's rustic mountain wedding this past June. A wedding cake for us, birthday cake for my dad, cupcakes, cake pops, and even parfaits for the gluten free guests. She was open to anything! Everything was not only picture perfect, but absolutely delicious! There wasn't anything left by the end of the night. She's fun and easy to work with. Always quick to respond, and her prices are wonderful! She also does a tasting before the big day so you can figure out exactly what cake, icing, and toppings you might want! I highly recommend her if you have a wedding or event coming up and you want stress free planning, and beautiful/ delicious desserts or wedding cakes.

Sweets of Lake Lure 6
    Sweets of Lake Lure 7

Lynn · Married on 05/26/2018

I highly value that Ennis took the time to listen to our ideas and created a unique tasting for us. We are not going for a traditional cake and she never once tried to sway us to do something we weren't interested in. Her flavors are AMAZING! We loved all the bites so much that we did a combination of s'mores cake, apple cobbler bars, and cookie dough topped brownies just so our guests can enjoy all of the deliciousness too! If you're looking for a baker that will deliver you flavors you want and think outside of the box, you will not regret sitting for a tasting with her!

Sent on 03/09/2018

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

Thank you so much Lynn! It's fun to create outside the box!

christina · Married on 05/20/2018

Ennis was wonderful to work with!

David · Married on 05/05/2018

We are so excited to Sweets of Lake Lure doing our wedding cakes. Very flexible, creative with amazing flavors to choose from.

Melanie · Married on 04/28/2018

BEAUTIFUL AND SO DELICIOUS!!! Sweets of Lake Lure did a wonderful job on the cake and treats for our wedding!

Kelly · Married on 03/18/2018

We eloped and wanted a small, but beautiful and top quality cake for our mini-reception. I found Sweets of Lake Lure on google, and after exploring her website reached out for more info. I'm SO glad I did!! Ennis was super responsive, and willing to work with my short timeline. She delivered an absolutely gorgeous cake that was exactly what I was hoping for. And it was delicious! I'd highly recommend Sweets of Lake Lure, and will use them for any future fancy cake needs!!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

Thank you much Kelly! I loved creating your cake, and I'm ecstatic it was so enjoyed!

Emily · Married on 12/02/2017

I thought my options for cake would be limited getting married in a small town like Lake Lure. I was so surprised to find this gem! The cake Ennis created for us was not only beautiful. It was also reasonably priced and tasted delicious!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

Thanks so much Emily. I loved creating your cake, and I'm so glad it was enjoyed!

Julie · Married on 11/11/2017

Ennis did the most amazing job on our wedding cake. Working with her was a breeze. She was so professional and truly wanted our day to be perfect. Thank you so much Sweets of Lake Lure!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

Thank you so much Julie. Getting that special wedding just right is always the highlight of my day. :-)

Gina · Married on 10/07/2017

We came to Sweets of Lake Lure with a bunch of different design ideas and pictures I’d put together from looking online. Every other cake designer tried to sell me what I didn’t want but Ennis saw my vision right away. She picked the best parts of every design and turned them into a beautiful harmonious cake! It was completely unique to our wedding and totally us.

Sent on 12/19/2017

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

I had soooo much fun working with you Gina. I'm always up for a challenge!

Ciera · Married on 09/16/2017

The cake was beautiful and tasted great too. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Thank you Ciera!

Laura · Married on 07/15/2017

Ennis is amazing. So friendly and she wanted our cake to be as spectacular as I did! The final product was exactly what I wanted and made a big hit with all our friends and relatives. Several even went back for seconds!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

Had so much fun creating your cake, Laura. Glad it was devoured!
  • W

Wendy · Married on 07/01/2017

The baker who was going to do our wedding cake backed out. I was in a panic until I called Sweets of Lake Lure. With only 2 weeks notice they created the prettiest cake that looked anything but rushed. I’m so grateful they could fit us in and did such a wonderful job.

Sent on 12/30/2017

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, Wendy. I completely empathize with brides in a time crunch and always do my best to accommodate. I'd hate to see your special day go by without a fabulous cake!