15 Reviews for Sweets of Lake Lure

Delivery (1)
Setup (1)
Private Tastings (1)
15 Sweets of Lake Lure Reviews

While we weren't able to ultimately hire Ennis due to venue restrictions, she was amazing to communicate with and incredibly responsive! I really appreciated all of her time as we were in communication, as well as all the great ideas she had about wedding desserts! I wish we had been able to work with her, as I'm sure it would have been a truly amazing, low-stress experience!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Ennis is awesome to work with! Very accommodating and patient. Her flavors were amazing and I can't wait to see/taste the finished product!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

After several cake tastings we decided on Sweets of Lake Lure. We were looking for flavor and texture. They delivered. We tasted some amazing flavors of cake and icing. We needed a gluten free option and really couldn’t tell the difference between the GF and regular cake. They were both so tasty.

Profile Picture Becky, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I highly value that Ennis took the time to listen to our ideas and created a unique tasting for us. We are not going for a traditional cake and she never once tried to sway us to do something we weren't interested in. Her flavors are AMAZING! We loved all the bites so much we're doing a combination of s'mores cake, apple cobbler bars, and cookie dough topped brownies just so our guests can enjoy all of the deliciousness too! If you're looking for a baker that will deliver you flavors you want and think outside of the box, you will not regret sitting for a tasting with her!

Profile Picture Lynn, 5/26/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Dessert Buffet

We are so excited to Sweets of Lake Lure doing our wedding cakes. Very flexible, creative with amazing flavors to choose from.

Profile Picture David, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

BEAUTIFUL AND SO DELICIOUS!!! Sweets of Lake Lure did a wonderful job on the cake and treats for our wedding!

Profile Picture Melanie, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We eloped and wanted a small, but beautiful and top quality cake for our mini-reception. I found Sweets of Lake Lure on google, and after exploring her website reached out for more info. I'm SO glad I did!! Ennis was super responsive, and willing to work with my short timeline. She delivered an absolutely gorgeous cake that was exactly what I was hoping for. And it was delicious! I'd highly recommend Sweets of Lake Lure, and will use them for any future fancy cake needs!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 3/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I thought my options for cake would be limited getting married in a small town like Lake Lure. I was so surprised to find this gem! The cake Ennis created for us was not only beautiful. It was also reasonably priced and tasted delicious!

Profile Picture Emily, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Ennis did the most amazing job on our wedding cake. Working with her was a breeze. She was so professional and truly wanted our day to be perfect. Thank you so much Sweets of Lake Lure!

Profile Picture Julie, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We came to Sweets of Lake Lure with a bunch of different design ideas and pictures I’d put together from looking online. Every other cake designer tried to sell me what I didn’t want but Ennis saw my vision right away. She picked the best parts of every design and turned them into a beautiful harmonious cake! It was completely unique to our wedding and totally us.

Profile Picture Gina, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was beautiful and tasted great too. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Ciera, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Ennis is amazing. So friendly and she wanted our cake to be as spectacular as I did! The final product was exactly what I wanted and made a big hit with all our friends and relatives. Several even went back for seconds!

Profile Picture Laura , 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The baker who was going to do our wedding cake backed out. I was in a panic until I called Sweets of Lake Lure. With only 2 weeks notice they created the prettiest cake that looked anything but rushed. I’m so grateful they could fit us in and did such a wonderful job.

Profile Picture Wendy, 7/1/17, 1 Review
2.9

We were extremely disappointed. This was a destination wedding and we were unable to do any taste testing. We had to rely on reviews which were very good. We were looking for a cake that could be done in butter cream as opposed to fondant and were told that this cake would work for that. I also asked if we needed a cake stand and was told that we didn't need one. At least if I had had a stand it would have helped with the small appearance. The cake was very tiny and looked nothing like the picture. The color was all wrong. We were later given the reason for the poor appearance was because we used the butter cream. They are supposed to be the experts not us and we have to rely on their advice.

Profile Picture Malinda, 3/17/18, 1 Review