Sweets of Lake Lure Reviews

Sweets of Lake Lure 6
Sweets of Lake Lure 7
  • Carla

Carla Crittenden · Getting married on 02/04/2021

Sweets of Lake Lure is great!

Ennis & Sweets of Lake Lure were the best. Trying to find the right cake for a small wedding in North Carolina while living in California was daunting to say the least. Yet, Ennis was responsive and everything came out perfectly. Would recommend to anyone. Carla.

Sent on 04/30/2019

The Pond At Laurel Cove · Married on 07/06/2019

Beautiful naked wedding cake!

We opened a wedding venue (The Pond at Laurel Cove) in July and Ennis was chosen to make our first wedding cake. She is very professional and enjoyable to work with. Our bride chose a 3 tier naked wedding cake. It was red velvet with white ganache icing and just a tasty as it looked. Ennis’ ordering process was very easy and she made sure our bride was happy with the choices offered. She was meticulous in her delivery to ensure the wedding cake was a show piece! We will definitely recommend Ennis and the Sweets of Lake Lure to our brides.

www.thepondatlaurelcove.com

Sent on 08/01/2019
    Sweets of Lake Lure 11
  • Kristina

Kristina Barkhouser · Married on 07/04/2019

Beautiful and tasty cake at a great value!

We chose Sweets of Lake Lure because Ennis was hands down the easiest baker to work with. She completely understood that we wanted a nicely sized “looking” cake, even though the wedding was quite small. She was creative in offering options and was willing to do “dummy” tiers to give us the size we wanted without wasting cake or creating excessive expense. None of the guests were the wiser! Also, all of our communication was via phone and email since we lived nowhere close to Lake Lure.
    It was a beautiful cake, executed just like the photos I provided for inspiration, and not only that, but it was absolutely delicious! Her buttercream frosting is to die for. I would wholeheartedly recommend Sweets of Lake Lure for your wedding cake.

Sent on 04/30/2019

Chanda · Married on 06/30/2019

Fast Response Time and Beautiful Work!

My cake and cupcake were beautiful and delicious💕 Thank you Sweets fo Lake Lure!

Sent on 08/02/2019
    Sweets of Lake Lure 12
  • Alex

Alex Gregory · Married on 06/09/2019

Fantastic Cake, Easy to Work With

Ennis was wonderful to work with. She gave us plenty of options, worked with us to create a gorgeous and beautiful cake, and then made it easy on the actual wedding day with the delivery. We'd absolutely recommend her for anyone getting married in the area.

(Also the cake was some of the most delicious I've had, which is surprising for a wedding cake. Def. recommend the chocolate raspberry.)

Sent on 08/02/2019

Kayla · Married on 04/19/2019

Great experience!

Absolutely a pleasure to work with. Quick response time and very flexible with our schedule. We requested a cake tasting while visiting our venue - Rumbling Bald Resort. She was able to schedule a time on short notice. Very personable, felt like we already knew her. Cake tasted great, which as I'm sure if you've ever been to a wedding before you'll know that isn't always the case. Great flavor options. We did a gold dusted cake and provided fresh flowers. She did an incredible job with the fresh flowers and came at the perfect time (it had rained that day so we were concerned about the cake holding up). Even with road closures due to weather the cake was on time and in perfect condition. Prices were reasonable and worth every penny. Wouldd highly recommend to anyone looking for a yummy cake with a professional who makes any vision you have come alive.

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Ali

Ali · Married on 01/19/2019

So Impressed!

BEST. CAKE. EVER! I am so glad that we decided to work with Ennis and Sweets of Lake Lure for our wedding cake! The cake was not only beautifully done but SO delicious! Each tier was a different flavor and every one was moist and flavorful! The price was right in our budget and we were not disappointed. I think we have found our forever cake maker for all future events! We would recommend Sweets of Lake Lure to anyone who is looking for fantastic customer service, great prices, delicious flavors, and impeccable quality!

Sent on 03/04/2019
    Sweets of Lake Lure 13
    Sweets of Lake Lure 14
    Sweets of Lake Lure 15
    Sweets of Lake Lure 16
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/26/2018

Ennis is fantastic at what she does and is such a pleasure to work with. She’s super down to earth and realistic. I would go as far as saying that she is the most honest wedding vendor I’ve work with. Her cakes are super moist and her designs skills are out of this world. I have no regrets choosing Ennis to make my wedding cake.

Sent on 03/08/2018

Thank you so much Sarah!
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/26/2018

While we weren't able to ultimately hire Ennis due to venue restrictions, she was amazing to communicate with and incredibly responsive! I really appreciated all of her time as we were in communication, as well as all the great ideas she had about wedding desserts! I wish we had been able to work with her, as I'm sure it would have been a truly amazing, low-stress experience!

Sent on 03/18/2018

Audrey Ellis · Married on 10/21/2018

I ate the leftover for breakfast :)

Our cake was absolutely amazing; it had fresh apples and white chocolate and everyone loved it. I had never found myself wanting to eat so much of a cake and it was wonderful to be able to order a specialty cake (gluten free) without it costing an arm and a leg!! Great service, great pricing and GREAT tasting goods!!! We will most definitely be ordering more in the future for anniversaries. We will post pictures when we get them back:)

Thank you Ennis!

Audrey and Tripp

Sent on 10/29/2018

Kristen · Married on 10/20/2018

Ennis is awesome to work with! Very accommodating and patient. Her flavors were amazing and I can't wait to see/taste the finished product!

Sent on 03/10/2018
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 10/20/2018

Best cake ever!

Ennis was amazing as were her cakes! We got 2 cakes from her and both were so delicious! I was blown away with the quality of the cakes as well as the decorative icing on the groom's cake and the beauty of the wedding cake. My husband and I knew when we tried her cakes we had found the right person to make our cakes. She saw our vision and brought it to life! I highly recommend Ennis for any and all cake needs! She is AMAZING!!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Shannon Jacobs · Married on 10/20/2018

Excellent!

I would recommend Sweets of Lake Lure to anyone who wants a delicious treat at their wedding! Ennis was incredible and great to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Allison · Married on 10/14/2018

Best cake ever!

Ennis is amazing! My husband & I were having a destination wedding & I was having difficulty planning from 3 hours away. Ennis is the one vendor who made everything simple & easy! She was very responsive, friendly & planning with her was a breeze! And on top of that, the cake & cupcakes we had at the wedding were the best we’ve ever tasted! Guests are still talking about our red velvet cake! I recommend Sweets of Lake Lure to anyone planning a wedding in & around the area. THANK YOU, ENNIS!!!

Sent on 10/26/2018
    Sweets of Lake Lure 17
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/13/2018

Delicious cupcakes!

We decided to do a small red velvet cake for us to cut, then cupcakes otherwise for the guests. The cupcakes were delightful, specifically the chocolate! We did chocolate/chocolate, vanilla/vanilla, banana/cream cheese frosting! Also included the wood stand which added a nice touch, and she decorated everything beautifully for the set up!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Amy · Married on 09/29/2018

Excellent cupcakes

The cupcakes that we got for our wedding were fantastic (so fantastic that my sister-in-law had to hide one for me)! We were able to mix and match cake flavors and icings. Ennis was great to communicate with and really cared about making sure that everything looked perfect.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Becky · Married on 08/11/2018

After several cake tastings we decided on Sweets of Lake Lure. We were looking for flavor and texture. They delivered. We tasted some amazing flavors of cake and icing. We needed a gluten free option and really couldn’t tell the difference between the GF and regular cake. They were both so tasty.

Sent on 03/11/2018

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

Thank you so much Becky! It warms my heart to know that those with Celiac don't have to suffer with bland, dry flavors or go without!
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 08/04/2018

We, and everyone that attended our wedding, absolutely loved our cakes! We did a decorated cake on display and sheet cakes in different flavors. Ennis provided us amazing options and we ended up with exactly what we wanted, and at a great value. Ennis was very professional and easy to work with. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Sweets of Lake Lure 18

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

Thank you so much Natalie! I'm thrilled everything was enjoyed!

Jamison · Married on 07/06/2018

The cake was beautiful and everyone enjoyed the cupcakes!

Sent on 09/30/2018
    Sweets of Lake Lure 19

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

Thanks so much Jamison and Rachel! What a great pic!
  • Cyndi

Cyndi · Married on 06/23/2018

Ennis is an excellent baker and cake designer! When we had our tasting, I didn't have a solid vision for our cake and gave her only a few ideas I had for our New Orleans themed design. She took my ideas and created a beautiful cake and cupcakes. The wedding cake and cupcakes were beyond delicious. They were moist and flavorful, and the buttercream icing is tremendous. Our guests raved about how good everything was. They were disappointed when we ran out of cake. They all wanted more!
    Thank you Ennis for making our day special!

Sent on 07/07/2018
    Sweets of Lake Lure 20
    Sweets of Lake Lure 21

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

Cyndi - I'm absolutely thrilled! Thank you so much for the kudos. Working with you was ease and so much fun!

Sara · Married on 06/15/2018

Ennis made a dream dessert buffet for mine and my husband's rustic mountain wedding this past June. A wedding cake for us, birthday cake for my dad, cupcakes, cake pops, and even parfaits for the gluten free guests. She was open to anything! Everything was not only picture perfect, but absolutely delicious! There wasn't anything left by the end of the night. She's fun and easy to work with. Always quick to respond, and her prices are wonderful! She also does a tasting before the big day so you can figure out exactly what cake, icing, and toppings you might want! I highly recommend her if you have a wedding or event coming up and you want stress free planning, and beautiful/ delicious desserts or wedding cakes.

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Sweets of Lake Lure 22
    Sweets of Lake Lure 23

Lynn · Married on 05/26/2018

I highly value that Ennis took the time to listen to our ideas and created a unique tasting for us. We are not going for a traditional cake and she never once tried to sway us to do something we weren't interested in. Her flavors are AMAZING! We loved all the bites so much that we did a combination of s'mores cake, apple cobbler bars, and cookie dough topped brownies just so our guests can enjoy all of the deliciousness too! If you're looking for a baker that will deliver you flavors you want and think outside of the box, you will not regret sitting for a tasting with her!

Sent on 03/09/2018

Sweets of Lake Lure's reply:

Thank you so much Lynn! It's fun to create outside the box!

christina · Married on 05/20/2018

Ennis was wonderful to work with!

Sent on 06/30/2018

David · Married on 05/05/2018

We are so excited to Sweets of Lake Lure doing our wedding cakes. Very flexible, creative with amazing flavors to choose from.

Sent on 03/16/2018