Sweet Simone's Reviews

Sweet Simone's 1
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/01/2018

Delicious and Stunning

My husband and I are so happy that we went with Sweet Simone's! We wanted to celebrate New England and Vermont by offering various desserts instead of a large cake and they nailed it! They helped us pick the perfect desserts and truly made our dessert display the centerpiece of our wedding. Our small cake for cutting was beautiful and one of the best cakes we have tasted. They also accommodated our Gluten free guests. Every guest raved about how delicious everything was. You won't be disappointed by Sweet Simone's.

Sent on 01/25/2019

molly · Married on 09/16/2017

The cake we received from Sweet Simone's was the best cake I have ever eaten. They were so easy to work with and flexible if I needed to change anything. They listened to our requests and we showed them pictures of what they were thinking. The price was one of the best parts too. I will definitely be getting all my cakes from Sweet Simone's and telling everyone to go there for theirs too.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/26/2017

Sweet Simone's did an amazing job with our wedding cake and desserts. Lisa worked with us to design a three tiered wedding cake and an additional 200 desserts. After a delicious tasting, we chose almond cake with american butter cream frosting and fresh berries. The additional desserts included cookies (some gluten free), french macaroons and pate de fruit. Our guests were raving about the desserts all night! I highly recommend Sweet Simone's!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Kate · Married on 07/01/2017

Lisa at Sweet Simone’s was a pleasure to work with! We couldn’t decide which of our favorite flavors to choose, so she creatively designed a delicious and unique combination cake! Our guests loved it — and we loved it so much we made sure some extra slices were saved for us and our guests at the after-party! Thank you, Lisa, for a beautiful, delicious cake!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Casey · Married on 05/13/2017

We actually ordered vegan and gluten free cookies from Sweet Simone's Bakery in Richmond for our Charlotte wedding. We have a lot of people with different diet restrictions so we had a cookie bar! The cookies were so delicious, everyone, regardless of diet restriction, had some. The people at Sweet Simone's were so easy to work with, it was a great experience!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Anthea · Married on 09/17/2016

In lieu of a traditional tiered wedding cake we had a small cutting cake and then several small desserts (truffle bars, pate de fruit, mini-tartlets, and cookies). They were delicious and Lisa did an beautiful job arranging them on the random assortment of platters and wood crates we provided her with. The whole team at Sweet Simone's was great to work with and it continues to be one of our absolute favorite bakeries in Vermont.

Sent on 10/03/2016

sarah · Married on 06/18/2016

Amazing gluten free cake. Most of our guests didn't even realize it was GF. Those who couldn't have gluten were SUPER excited that they were able to eat wedding cake. Extremely reasonable pricing, very professional and easy to work with. I gave them a couple pictures and a couple ideas of what I was looking for and they designed exactly the cake I was hoping for,

Sent on 06/21/2016

Kristie · Married on 05/27/2016

Sweet Simone's is AMAZING! Our wedding cake was perfect and simple and absolutely delicious! We had so many family members reach out to say "we've gone to 4 weddings this summer, and yours was the ONLY one where the cake was Devine!"
    Thank you to Lisa & all staff involved!
    -Kristie & Joshua Rouleau

Sent on 08/20/2016

We wanted a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for our wedding that didn't look like a big brown blob. They did a great job creating a mountain/ski themed cake that was delicious!! Thank you!!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Adrian Lynn · Married on 10/10/2015

WOW! We just loved their cannolis! We didn't have cake we had a cannoli bar and they provided the toppings along with the cannolis! OMG they were incredible! I had like 3 the night of! they weren't the small ones either. Everyone was just shocked by the display and the taste! No one had seen a cannoli bar before and it was just how I envisioned! Thank you Sweet Simone's Bakery for making our desserts a hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Sent on 10/14/2015

Ariana · Married on 09/27/2015

My husband and I are foodies with a sweet tooth. We wanted to get an amazing cake that was memorable for our wedding. We explored various cake vendors in central and Southern Vermont and were disappointed in what we found. So we ventured north and that is when we found a gem, Sweet Simone's. I absolutely urge you to go to Sweet Simone's for your wedding cake, a pastry or a sweet treat! The intimate walk- in pastry shop offers an array of taste bud explosives that will leave you craving for more. My husband, then fiancée, and I came to this realization during our cake tasting appointment and instantly signed a contract.

It was no surprise that our wedding cake was fantastic! It was so good my husband ate a second slice during the reception! Also, one month later, my guests are still raving about how fresh and delicious our wedding cake was. The desserts were also a big hit! (My favorite was the raspberry bars)

I can't forget to mention that Sweet Simone's was by far, my favorite vendor to work with during my wedding planning process. Lisa, the owner/ pastry chef, Ayna, the event coordinator and the rest of their team, are so skilled and professional. They made my husband and I feel so special and relaxed, which is exactly how you want to feel during your crazed wedding planning process. If you want great service and a delicious cake, go to Sweet Simone's. You will be so happy you did. Thanks again!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Sweet Simone's's reply:

Thank you so much, we really appreciate your review. It was a pleasure to work with you as well. All the best.

Lisa

Sarah · Married on 08/22/2015

The team at Sweet Simone's was fantastic for our wedding cake and extremely accommodating. We wanted a small cake so we could do the ceremonial cake cutting and they were able to give us exactly what we needed. The cake itself was beautiful -- blueberries with small branches arranged around it and very slight gold gilding. It was delicious as well -- very moist and just perfect.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Lisa and the Sweet Simone's team did a stunning job on our wedding pies -- arranged a lovely (and generous) tasting at the Richmond store and totally delivered on a huge assortment of full and mini pies, tarts, and other treats. Our guests absolutely loved them, and they looked beautiful. Recommend Lisa & the team MOST highly -- they made our wedding so special (and yummy)!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Kassandra · Married on 07/18/2015

My cake turned out exactly how I had imagined it would! Lisa did an amazing job and it was perfect ?

Sent on 07/22/2015

Julia · Married on 07/11/2015

The cake was amazing! Everyone loved it and we definitely plan on ordering it from Sweet Simone's again!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Maria · Married on 07/04/2015

Lisa at Sweet Simone's was wonderful to work with throughout! I had contacted Lisa, only a month away before my July 4th wedding as my original baker was not able to do it and was in a complete mess thinking I would not be able to get anyone else to make my cake as it was a national holiday weekend and such short notice than normal. All my worries were eased after my first phone conversation with Lisa who came to my rescue! She assured me that they would be able to do it and wanted to set up a tasting to pick my cake flavor. It was all very delicious! I ended up reserving to have a two-tier cake layered with coconut and chocolate cake with vanilla bean frosting and filled with fresh strawberries. We also did cupcakes for our guests and chose the coconut cupcake with cream cheese frosting and coconut flakes and chocolate cupcakes with vanilla bean frosting and chocolate ganache drizzle on top. IT WAS A HIT! Everyone loved the flavors and it was moist and delicious. Lisa listened to my requests and created a beautiful cake for my wedding. I am so pleased with it. I could just tell her what I wanted and she made it come true. Thanks so much Lisa!

I am so glad I have discovered Sweet Simone's in my life and try to go as much as I can when I am in the area as their bakery also carries a variety of baked goods, ice cream, coffee and beverages. I highly recommend them anyday!

Sent on 07/13/2015

angi · Married on 06/27/2015

Everyone loved our wedding cake! Thanks to Lisa and the Sweet Simone's crew we had a great experience. Go for the chocolate cake with whip and ganache - amazing! I had a specific design in mind and Lisa made it happen. So easy to work with and you'll get exactly what you want. I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Lisa did our wedding cake and dessert table. I have to say, I was not the easiest to work with. For some reason, cake kept slipping my mind. So when I emailed her out of the blue with random questions, she answered them quickly and without judgment. We did a tasting at the bakery, which was so much fun, and then selected two flavors for the two tiers of our cake. The cake decoration was simple, but lovely, and importantly DELICIOUS. I have heard people talk about how much cake is left over after a wedding, but at ours, there were no leftovers. I was also surprised about how affordable the cake itself was. The little finger desserts were also extremely tasty and well received. She had come to the venue to set up everything and created a lovely display. We ordered enough cake so that everyone could have a small slice plus enough little desserts so that each person could have 2 or 3 and it was the perfect amount of food. Overall, A++ for taste, look, and communication.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Dina · Married on 08/24/2013

I can not begin to describe how delicious these deserts were. For our wedding we decided to do many different bite size deserts instead of a cake or cupcakes. It worked out amazingly and Lisa Curtis is beyond professional. The display was beautiful and the deserts we AMAZING. The Italian tri-color cookies we so outstanding my Italian uncle was floored. I had some sent to New York for him afterwards!
    BOOK SWEET SIMONES- Best in Town.

Sent on 09/16/2013

Cecilia · Married on 07/27/2013

Sweet Simone's did the dessert table at our wedding, and it was fabulous! From start to finish, Lisa was so easy to work with and responsive to our requests. We chose 8 different desserts, and she had great recommendations on what would taste and look the best. Come wedding night, everything was arranged beautifully on big platters and boxes. I'm so happy we decided not to do a cake and choose these desserts instead! We got compliments all night long. Thank you!

Sent on 08/23/2013
  • Alexa

Alexa · Married on 06/01/2019

Changed my mind on wedding cake

We originally didn't want to have wedding cake (we thought a Ben & Jerry's sundae bar would be more delicious) but then we went to Sweet Simone's for a tasting and fell in love with Lisa's cakes. She makes literally THE BEST wedding cake I have ever had and they're gorgeous! The hardest part was choosing flavors... we liked them all. They're classic yet modern and all delicious. We had raved about the cake so guests had high expectations, but we heard from many that it was indeed the best wedding cake they'd ever had.
    Lisa is also a true artist -- I had a very specific vision for how I wanted the cake to look. She brought it to life and it was exactly what I hoped for. She works frequently with our florist (A Schoolhouse Garden) so everything went smoothly day-of with set up.

Sent on 07/26/2019
    Sweet Simone's 2

mary · Married on 10/08/2017

This cake was for my daughter's wedding and I must say......I have never had such an excellent cake at a wedding. That frosting was to die for! Heard so many raves and compliments I just had to follow up with a thank you for a beautiful cake and a great finish to a great dinner

Sent on 10/17/2017

Melissa · Married on 08/29/2015

Absolutely delicious. Working with Lisa was a pleasure.
    She takes a lot of pride in her work.

Sent on 09/13/2015

Kirstie · Married on 08/15/2015

We had the pleasure of having Lisa at Sweet Simone's create our wedding cake this past summer. From the tasting to the designing, Lisa was incredibly responsive and professional. I had provided Lisa with an image I had found on pinterest of how I wanted our wedding cake to look, and it was absolutely perfect, if not even more beautiful than the picture! Aside from appearance, our cake was absolutely delicious--alternating layers of vanilla cake with lemon curd and fresh blue berries versus raspberries--an incredibly light yet flavorful cake for an August wedding. In addition to our cake, we ordered an assortment of bite-sized tarts for a dessert display, which our guests absolutely loved. Sweet Simone's will be the last place you need to visit while tasting and searching for the perfect wedding cake, and we 100% recommend her to future brides & grooms when planning their own wedding!

Sent on 10/06/2015