Sweet & Shiny Reviews

Sweet & Shiny View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Erica
    Erica C. Married on 09/12/2021

Exquisite cake, beautiful, and delicious

I reached out to Sweet and Shiny regarding a custom flavor for our wedding cake. As I live in Ny I didn’t have a chance to sample it before the big day but felt completely at ease working with Elaine as we discussed creating a decedent cake to suit our tastes. She exceeded all expectations and was a joy to work with. I would absolutely recommend this bakery for any occasion.

Sweet & Shiny's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Erica! And also thank you for trusting me on such a special day. It’s always fun experimenting with new flavors!
  • Morgan
    Morgan D. Married on 08/21/2021

So Quick & So Delicious!

Elaine was a delight to work with! The cake was exactly what we wanted, and tasted amazing! We also ordered really last minute and Elaine was responsive, affordable, and happy to make exactly what we want! I would absolutely work with them again, and would absolutely recommend the red velvet cake with buttercream!
    Elena M. Married on 05/28/2021

Wedding Cake

The cake was absolutely exactly what I wanted, and it was such a show stopper! The flavors she offers are unique and delicious. Honestly, we only had one meeting, and Elaine made my dreams come true. 10/10- would recommend!

Sweet & Shiny's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, it was a pleasure working with you! It was my first time at that facility it’s on our list to visit now!
    Christina Y. Married on 05/04/2021

Amazing cake, amazing service

Elaine made our cake for our micro wedding this past May. I sent her a very blurry inspiration pic and she did better than the photo. The cake was delicious and I would hire her again and again if I could!

Sweet & Shiny's reply:

There is always an excuse to order a cake! I’m happy you loved your cake, we do all kinds of special occasion cakes!
    Shrie D. Married on 05/17/2020

Had a covid wedding where we had to cut down and downsize everything but not the cake!!!

I had a covid wedding, during May 2020. I have family members that don't eggs and Sweet and Shiny did not not disappoint! We had great flavors in our wedding cake (Mexican chocolate with ganache for one flavor, and pistachio cream cheese) and everyone was impressed with it! We had a 2 tier cake, pictured, for a drive by wedding ceremony, where my family and friends drove by and waved signs while we cut cake and ate it, and before they drove away, my wedding helpers had cut and boxed sheet cake versions to hand to each member of the drive by. It couldn't have been more special, and everyone said they were happy they didn't have to miss out on cake.

Sweet & Shiny's reply:

Thanks so much for sharing the photos! You look so beautiful! I’m glad COVID didn’t stop your wedding, happy to bring smiles through cake!
    Simone B. Married on 10/05/2019

10/10 would recommend

We loved having Sweet & Shiny do our wedding cake. Elaine was so nice and quick to respond. Her cakes are DELICIOUS and a real crowd pleaser, people are still asking us who did our cake. I would definitely recommend Elaine and Sweet & Shiny for all your cake needs
    Katie H. Married on 08/18/2018

Delicious and Beautiful, exactly what I wanted!

Not only was the cake beautiful but it was also delicious!!! I hate when a cake just looks pretty but no one wants to eat it. I wanted both and Sweet and Shiny provided that. I loved my cake! Elaine was quick to respond to my emails which gave me even more confidence in her abilities. We’ve since used her for a family birthday cake and my parents anniversary. She’s amazing 🥰