Sweet & Savory Shanty, LLC Reviews

14 Reviews for Sweet & Savory Shanty, LLC

• Julie

Julie K. · Married on 02/19/2021

Spectacular

Sweet & Savory Shanty has delivered on point for me every time I order! The cookies taste as good as they look and no matter what flavor of cake I order, I am pleased mouth watering delight!

Stacie · Married on 10/05/2019

Gorgeous Wedding Cake

The wedding cake was everything hoped for. Beautifully designed and absolutely delicious. From the consultation, design, and tasting through delivery it was the best experience we could have had. Jennifer listened to our ideas and created a one of a kind cake. We highly recommend this shop for your wedding cake and any other events you have!!! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 02/20/2021

Samantha · Married on 10/06/2018

Delicious & beautiful

Sweet & Savory Shanty made my wedding cake dreams come true! They were so easy to work with. All I did was show them a Pinterest picture and they made it happen, not to mention it was the BEST I’ve ever tasted! They also made cake pops for the tables which you can NEVER go wrong with cake pops, especially when it comes to theirs!

• Victoria

Victoria · Married on 09/16/2017

10/10 recommend!!!!!!

Jennifer at the Sweet & Savory Shanty made my wedding cake dreams turn into a reality. She was so sweet to work with, her cakes not only look amazing, but they taste fantastic as well!!!!!! Will be using her for all of my special events moving forward!

Shelby · Married on 06/11/2016

Jennifer was amazing! Her cake was absolutely delicious and she had a wonderful variety to choose from. She was very responsive to texts and emails! She even added to our cake order 2 days before the wedding! Simply amazing!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Mindy · Married on 12/12/2015

Made sugar cookies for our Open House. They were awesome

Sent on 12/28/2015

Ashlee · Married on 10/10/2015

The cake is delicious with so many different flavor options. They made my dream cake for my special day! These ladies are so great. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 01/02/2016

Ashley · Married on 08/15/2015

Jennifer was amazing to work with! So flexible and the cake tasting was delicious! Very moist and it looked gorgeous! I would definitely recommend her to family and friends!

Sent on 10/04/2015

Ashley · Married on 08/15/2015

Jennifer took the time to listen to what we had in mind and took it to the next level! Very professional and the cake tasted fantastic!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Stacie · Married on 08/15/2015

I have been to several weddings that had Sweet and Savory make the cake or cupcakes for their celebration. In addition I have had them make quite a few special occasion cakes, cupcakes and cookies for me. I would highly recommend them for any special occasion or even special treats for family get togethers. Their taste, variety of flavors, and creative ability are superior to others I have dealt with.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Kim/Lauren · Married on 06/06/2015

3.4
      3.5
      3.0

Cake was beautiful and delicious

Sent on 12/29/2015

Brandy · Married on 08/19/2017

1.4
      0.5

I was ready to give them a five star rating! I am usually excited to give great reviews, but in this case I must warn those of you who are planning for your cake. We talked over the plans and decor for the cake. We even pointed out examples in her own shop. One of them being that flowers were supposed to be on top and around the cake. Little peach blossoms were supposed to be on all the cupcakes. She even drew sketches of flowers on the cake and cupcakes in our contract. We did not have one flower on the cake. Some of the cupcakes had little flower designs on them drawn out of icing that I think my eight year old could do, bit not all of them. We planned for her to place two miniature love doves on each cupcake, that I personally bought, washed, dried and dielivered to her in Columbus Grove. The doves were just scattered all over the cake table. She decided that at 2:30 the day of the wedding to change her mind about the doves, and not ask any of us. She said she tried to call someone in the middle of the ceremony and wondered why nobody answered. She made up this story about how it would be an insurance liability if anyone choked on them. The cake was supposed to be at the reception and set up by 1:30. It was very late and no word from her. My friends and mother were kept stressing and waited around to be there to let the cake lady in. My mom even missed getting ready with me pre-ceremony. When I spoke to Jennifer about it being so late, she said, " Well, You'll have that in the cake business." The cheesecake cupcakes we ordered were burnt on the bottoms. Some guests complained of having an upset stomach after eating the cupcakes.She never touched base with me prior to the wedding day as a professional would. We paid good money for what we wanted. It sounds like she forgot about it and did not have time to finish things. I called to discuss a resolution with her the day after and she wanted to argue with everything instead of showing any professionalism.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Julene · Married on 09/09/2017

0.4
      0.5

They had an excuse for everything that went wrong.

Sent on 09/20/2017