Sweet Pea Wedding Officiating Reviews

Sweet Pea Wedding Officiating 1
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 04/26/2019

Hire him now!

Steve was so freaking amazing!!! Made sure we didn’t have to worry about anything up there just look into each other’s eyes.

Sent on 04/29/2019
    Sweet Pea Wedding Officiating 2

Liz · Married on 09/09/2018

Revend Steve Beck officiated our wedding last month. After our first meeting with him, my now husband commented how amazingly personable Steve is.
    Our ceremony was beautiful. He incorporated our family into the ceremony and even had our moms and kids involved in the sand ceremony. So many compliments on the ceremony. Rev. Beck is an amazing officiant and incredible human.

Sent on 10/06/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/02/2016

Our first consultation with Sweet Pea happened by accident. We went to a consultation with the florist to find out that Sonya was the wife of the gentleman that was to be our officiant as part of our package with Wedgewood. We were very excited to be able to have a dual consultation! Sonya gave us a list of ideas to think about during our ceremony: religious or non-religious ceremony, sand ceremony, unity candle, memorial candle. When the time for our consultation with Steve arrived we very surprised to learn how perfect he would be for our officiant. We decided to do a non-religious ceremony with a memorial candle for all of our departed loved ones and a sand ceremony to honor our moms during the wedding ceremony. Steve helped with all of this by providing the candle, sand, and bottle. Typically, the sand ceremony is an additional cost, but he was slightly late to our meeting and gave it to us for free. We were very surprised and happy with that and our decision to have him as our officiant. He made sure to move the sand ceremony down to where my mom would easily be able to reach it, took my bouquet during the ceremony (we did not of attendants), and gave us the rings when the time came. He made us and everyone else laugh, cry, and generally be happy during the short and simple ceremony.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Steve from Sweet Pea Wedding was great officiant. He went through the entire process beforehand and made sure we were comfortable with the things he was going to say during the ceremony. We were able to make any changes and add whatever we wanted. He even helped us plan out the details for the ceremony entrance and exit steps prior to the rehearsal. He was very amiable and was able to direct us on the spot for special procedures such as the lighting of candles and a sand pouring ceremony. He even mailed the paperwork after the ceremony was over. We are very happy with his service and would recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant.

Sent on 06/07/2015

Sherilyn · Married on 06/20/2014

Wow, our ceremony was the most beautiful thing I have ever witnessed. His vows were elegant and simply put. It was so easy to meet with him before the ceremony and discuss final arrangements. He also turned in our wedding license the next day so that it would be available for us to pick up when we got back from our honeymoon!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/30/2013

Sonya was great in every aspect of the planning. I had a large wedding party and she handled all the flowers exceptionally well and understood exactly what I wanted. She made my vision a reality!

Sent on 10/19/2013
  • Aaron

Aaron · Married on 09/25/2011

Let me start out by saying that Sonya did a perfectly amazing job with the flowers for the wedding. They were beautiful, and above and beyond what we had dreamed they would/could be. We spoke and emailed with Sonya a few times, trying to get things set up and postponed (on our end), she was very accommodating and friendly. When we arrived and finally met her we were very happy – she had her iPad full of photos and displays from her other weddings, and luckily my wife (fiancee at the time) had her phone with a ton of pictures of what she was hoping/looking for – and the two of them fell into floral heaven talking about flower types, colors, when the year was best for what. It was fun to watch! Sonya has a great checklist she sends a little bit later for you to go over, review and make any changes to – and really, it seemed like you could make changes until about two weeks or so before.

She was there on time, setting up the table center pieces, dropping off all of the boutonnieres, the bouquets, the gazebo flower sets and we even had the flowers from our wedding decorate our wedding cake. Not only were the flowers beautiful, but they lasted, they were complimented on what seems like a thousand times, and they were exactly what we wanted. Sonya did such a fantastic job!

Sent on 10/09/2011
  • Roxanne

Roxanne · Married on 09/16/2011

Sonya is a miracle worker. She's the kind of person that totally "gets" your vision once you've shown her a couple of pictures. My first meeting with Sonya was great. She brought magazines, ton of sample pictures and her iPad with tons more photos. I had already created a halfway vision in my head of what I wanted for centerpieces and bouquets, so I pulled out my photos and we went from there. It took her literally 2 seconds to completely understand the look and feel that I was going for. She also made some incredible suggestions for some of the aspects I hadn't though about yet, like boutonnieres. She suggested using a rose for my husband's bout. bc he always buys me roses. She suggested using an orchid for my dad's bout. and my mom's corsage bc it would match my bouquet.

My bouquet was very special to me and I wanted lots of sentimental details. I asked her to wrap it with fabric from my mom's wedding dress, I added two bumble bee pins to represent my grandmother who had passed away, and I wanted a charm with photos of my parents and grandparents on their wedding days. Not one detail was missing when I saw my beautiful bouquet on my wedding day. It was probably the most important thing to me (besides getting married) and it was the most perfect match to my vision out of everything we had at our wedding.

Our centerpieces were also gorgeous. I asked for tall square vases on half of the tables and the other half of the tables had a cluster of 3 square vases of various sizes. I was much less picky about these. I told Sonya the few main things I wanted and told her to just make them pretty. And you know what? She did. I was blown away when I walked into our reception room.

I would recommend Sweet Pea to everyone I know. She was wonderful to work with, followed through on all of her promises and worked with my budget as best she could. Thank you Sonya!

Sent on 10/17/2011

dayna · Married on 06/04/2011

Sonya (florist) and Steve (officiant) are incredible! They were hugely involved in making my wedding perfect :)

Sent on 06/15/2011
  • debbiemiguel

debbie · Married on 05/06/2011

This is a fabulous team

Sonya was so easy to work with and so flexible- I loved her
    My bouquet wasbeautiful, and I asked her if she can incorporate some golf tee's for the grooms/groomsens and they were adorable. She is warm, friendly and professional- so sensitive to budget concerns also.

Steve was funny, professional and went with our funny quirkie requests for vows etc... He explained everything perfectly, and we didn't have to worry about a thing. He made us feel at ease from the first time we met him.

Sent on 05/13/2011

Raquel · Married on 04/30/2011

I found Steve online and was immediately impressed!! After speaking with him on the phone, we knew he was the one! We elected to do the additional sand ceremony, which we have received countless compliments on! He was early, very helpful with getting the guests seated and settled, and offered a beautiful service. He was very sincere and caring and we are thrilled with our choice!

Sent on 05/18/2011

Aimee · Married on 02/12/2011

Flowers - Sonya was great. I am not very into flowers and she was able to create a wonderful picture for me to imagine. She made things simple and worked with the flowers and colors that I was interested in. The flowers smelled great and everyone loved the centerpieces she made.

Officiant - Steve was wonderful! We did the sand ceremony and it was the most beautiful thing. We did use our own vases and he supplied the sand colors and the wording just connected with us perfectly. I couldn't of asked for anything more.

Thank you Sonya and Steve for making our day memorable!!

Sent on 03/03/2011

Jennifer · Married on 12/18/2010

Sonya & Sweet Pea Wedding Services were the best! She designed absolutely beautiful floral arrangements for our wedding and it was a pleasure working with her. She was patient while we took our time to pick out our flower arrangements and she created a theme that truly represented us. She was also extremely kind and fun to work with!

Sent on 03/08/2011

Kelly · Married on 10/29/2010

Sonya and Steve were awesome! The flowers that Sonya put together and the arrangements were beautiful! Steve made our wedding ceremony so special. We had the best experience!

Sent on 02/08/2011

Jennifer · Married on 08/15/2010

Working with Sonya was absolutely amazing! From the first time I met with Sonya till the day of wedding was so easy. She knew exactly what image I wanted to go with and she exceeded my expectations! Thank you for being a part of my wedding Sonya and making my special day absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 08/19/2010

Kerri · Married on 07/11/2010

Sonia was so easy to work with and always had a smile on her face! Her centerpieces were fabulous! She made sure to have all of our colors incorporated into the flowers and they were so pretty without blocking the view of guests! What a great touch she added to every table!

Sent on 07/17/2010

Rose Marie · Married on 04/17/2010

Sonya was excellent! Her creativity, ideas, spunk and attention to details helped to me to not only relax about the flowers, but have confidence they would be everything I wanted and THEY WERE and more!!

We had some last minute changes due to weather and Sonya was so flexible and made the changes to accomodate the changes and everything came out beautiful and was exactly what I dreamed of for my wedding.

Steve Beck performed our ceremony! It was GREAT. He listened and asked excellent questions, came prepared with ideas as well as took notes to be sure he knew what was important to us. The ceremony was beautiful and went off without a hitch! Would definitely recommend both Steve and Sonya to help make your special day extra special!

Sent on 05/10/2010

Henry · Married on 10/24/2009

We would give a 6 star rating, but unfortunately it doesn't exis heret! Sonya and Steve were the best.

Sonya did our flowers and she is was very patient and had tons of great ideas. We were able to bring in photos of some different arrangements that we liked and based on our conversation/meeting she came up with some gorgeous arrangements. Florals make a big impact on the wedding and I suggest doing a little extra. It has been 7 months since our wedding and we still have people talking about our flower arrangements. Sonya also made it very easy for us to setup meetings with some of our others vendors. We had to trip 90 miles, each way, to make meetings and she had relationships with the other vendors and she helped orchestrate meetings so that we can knock them all out in one trip. She went above and beyond the call of duty. I would not recommend anyone else, but her.

Steve had a great personality and made life very easy for us. My wife and I are both non denominational and he had great ideas about how to incorporate a little of religion, respect for some of our guests, but it was not a focus. He had a great idea to help recognize my wife's father, since he is no longer with us. The ceremony was very nice and it actually went by quicker than I thought.

Sent on 05/05/2010

Patty · Married on 10/16/2009

My daughter was married October 16 at EagleRidge Golf Course/Wedgewood Weddings.
    Sonya Beck did an outstanding job. Not one negative comment from our guests, but tons of oohs and ahhs. The flowers were fresh, vibrant and arranged beyond what we expected. They lasted for days/weeks later. She is so easy to work with and has great communication skills and timely in service. Her rates are so reasonable for what she provided.

Steve Beck officiated and what a wonderful sermon. He did it with such finesse and some humor. Many guests commented about his ability to make a 20 minute wedding sermon enjoyable to sit through.

I recommend them highly. You won't be disappointed.
    Patty Germaine
    Turlock, CA

Sent on 01/09/2010

Michele · Married on 12/06/2008

Sonya from Sweet Pea Wedding Services was exceptional! She took her time helping me choose my flowers; had tons of suggestions; was extremely professionl; and most importantly - she has a passion for what she does. All of this is expressed in her gorgeous arrangements. Best of all, prices were very reasonable! I highly recommend Sweet Pea Floral.

Sent on 12/10/2008

Teresa · Married on 11/01/2008

Steve was FABULOUS!!! We knew it would rain during our wedding, so he was so flexible in staying a bit longer to accommodate our plan B setup. He is a GREAT officiant!!!!

Sent on 11/20/2008

Rufina · Married on 08/23/2008

Steve, the officiant, was really wonderful to work for. He was really patient with us, and the ceremony went very smoothly. Steve was very responsive to our needs and made our wedding day a special occasion for everyone!

Sent on 10/03/2008

Laura · Married on 07/26/2008

Sweet Pea was, by far, my favorite vendor from my wedding. Sonya spent a lot of time with me, making sure that we had the same vision of the wedding. She provided ideas and honest feedback to help me figure out what I wanted. Her florals were stunning and are often a point of conversation in my album. She even surprised me with the use of my mother's veil in my bouquet in a beautiful way. I would absolutely recommend Sweet Pea.

Sent on 02/03/2009

Steffan · Married on 09/01/2007

Steve and Sonya were the best. The flowers were everything that we asked for and more. Sonya was able to make my wife's vision of her "perfect wedding" a reality! Steve was warm, professional, and handled the ceremony beautifully. We couldn't have been happier with Sweet Pea Wedding Services.

Sent on 01/03/2008

jackie · Married on 07/28/2007

Sweet Pea Wedding Services were the best vendors I could ask for to cover the floral and Officiant services of our wedding. Sonya was so amazing in her ability to help me select flowers that were not only beautiful, but perfect for location and time of day specific to our event. Steve was great in his officiating and was so helpful in allowing us to customize the wording and to help us make the ceremony just what we wanted. I recommend Sweet Pea Wedding Services to anyone getting married in their region. Thanks Sonya and Steve!!!

Sent on 01/03/2008