38 Reviews for Sweet Pea Designs

Consultations (1)
Flower Petals (1)
Single Flowers (1)
38 Sweet Pea Designs Reviews

The flowers were beautiful and exactly what we had envisioned! Laurie was so easy to work with and really listened to our ideas and ran with it!

Profile Picture Amy, 4/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Table Arrangements, Flower Petals, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

My flowers were absolutely gorgeous, I would highly recommend sweet pea designs!

Profile Picture User7909584, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Laurie did a wonderful job on our wedding Flowers. They were everything we hoped for. She did it all from just seeing a few pictures and learning our colors. we couldn't of asked for a better flourist. She is reasonably priced and just a positive, make you feel good person. She went above and beyond and we highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Alicia, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Laurie did a phenomenal job! The display was amazing. She was professional, flexible and extremely helpful in planning and working with my daughter in-law and myself. She made each and every arrangement elegant and presented at the highest standards. Thank you Laurie!

Profile Picture Bridget, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

My experience with Sweet peas was amazing, very flexible and helpful while making decisions.. since I'm no expertise in flowers, she guided us in the right direction to what would look best and I trusted her opinion. My bouquet came out beautiful! I couldnt of asked for better. I'd suggest Sweet Peas to anyone planning a big event!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Laurie is an incredible florist and artist. We basically told her our budget, our wedding colors, and our flower preferences, and she did the rest. The decorations in the chapel were beautiful and the centerpieces at the reception -- WOW. If you just tell her the "feel" of your wedding, she will create something absolutely spectacular. She was also our day-of coordinator (another service she offers) and she took care of all the little details, leaving my husband and me to just enjoy the day. We couldn't have been happier with Laurie.

Profile Picture Annie, 5/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

We LOVED Laurie! I supplied her with flowers that I had in mind, a few pictures and ideas then let her creative mind do the rest! We were not disappointed, everything turned out beautifully!!

Profile Picture Hilary, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I can't imagine having had any other florist for my wedding! Laurie from Sweet Pea Designs not only provided expert guidance and affordable prices, but she delivered on every single promise. She was patient, loving, professional, and executed exactly what we wanted on our wedding day. Thank you again, Sweet Pea Designs!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I am so happy we picked Laurie to do our flowers and centerpieces! She did an unbelievable job and I felt like she could read my mind!! She was easy-going, hilarious and a true artist. My husband just commented to me the other day that now that we've seen other weddings flowers he can REALLY appreciate how great ours were!! Would recommend Laurie and Sweet Pea to anyone!

Profile Picture Pauline, 9/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Delivery, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Sweet Pea Design is a locally owned floral design shop in Lewiston Maine. If you want something other than the cookie cutter carnations for your wedding centerpieces and bouquets then Laurie at Sweet Pea is the one to call. She has done the floral wedding design for my son's wedding and my daughter's wedding both of which included very difficult to find and out of season flowers. Laurie will look at a picture of your dream centerpieces/bouquet and design the exact replica! She is competively priced as she has no everhead because she is set up to work out of the home. Don't let that deter you because her garage has turned into her shop. Best of all she will meet with you as many times as you need. You will be treated like you are one of her own family getting married.

Profile Picture Shirley, 7/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Fairy tale flowers. Simple + Romantic. Pretty + Sophisticated. Perfect!

Laurie of Sweet Pea Designs is the most unique florist I've ever met. Our flowers were absolutely gorgeous and became such a focal point to our wedding and added so much to our décor and pictures. Laurie created a bridal bouquet that reflected my personality and bridal style perfectly. She is so knowledgeable with flowers and was able to advise me about what flowers would work best for our wedding and on the colors as well while still creating the exact look that I was going for. When you are planning a million things for your wedding day, you want your florist to be able to know you, know what you want and just get it done! Laurie did that!!

Profile Picture Erica, 7/25/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Unique Services (Other)

I can not say enough about Laurie. She was the greatest to work with. She sometimes may have been more excited about my wedding than I was. Even if it wasn't about flowers she was always a calming voice. My flowers were EXACTLY what I wanted. There was not one thing that I would have changed about any of it. They were PERFECT! They were also a very high quality, my bouquet stayed alive in a vase at my home for almost a week and a 1/2 after the wedding. I am so thankful that I was given the opportunity to work with Laurie. She was phenomenal.

Profile Picture Audrey, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Laurie is such an energetic and fun florist to work with. She listens to the client and utilizes tools such as pinterest to show the clients different flowers and combinations so the client can gain an idea of the vision she is forming based off of what you've brought to her regarding your wedding flowers. I found her a joy to work with and my husband (though not usually observant on flowers) thought she did a beautiful job with our arrangements. She is also very reasonable with her pricing and will work with you to keep within your budget. Highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/13/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I absolutely LOVED Laurie-Anne! She was a joy to work with - full of so much energy and great ideas! I was very open as to what I wanted - I basically just told her that my colors were purple, silver, and white and that I wanted white tulips - and she took it from there and made everything beautiful! She was easy to get in contact with and very happy to help make my day special. [This sounds like a given, but my wedding was Mother's Day weekend, and a lot of florists I contacted - even almost a year in advance - told me that they would have a hard time doing my wedding since they were so busy for Mother's Day, and I felt very much an afterthought with them. But not with Laurie!]
She even offered to take our painted-but-not-assembled table numbers and assemble them herself, since we wanted them to come up out of the centerpiece flowers - we didn't ask her to do this, she offered - and they turned out great. I was so happy I chose her and would DEFINITELY use her again for anything else I need flowers for.

Profile Picture Kate, 5/9/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I had originally planned to make my own silk flowers and centerpieces for my wedding, but after months of trial and error I still had created nothing I liked. Without much time left until the big day I contacted Laurie and Sweet Pea Designs. We talked a bit over email first and scheduled a consultation. I honestly was not that excited about wedding flowers, they were just "one of those things" you needed for a wedding. The day I met Laurie I was blown away!! She is such a wonderful person, so bubbly and fun and happy- she is genuinely excited for YOU and YOUR wedding. Since I didn't really have any ideas other than color, Laurie helped me choose exactly what flowers to use. I was also at a loss as to what to do for centerpieces- I had one design in mind but wasn't sure how to build on it. Laurie took one look at it and said, "I know JUST what to do." And she DID!! My only disappointment was that I didn't get to actually see her on the wedding day to thank her for the gorgeous flowers (she dropped them off at the venue before I arrived, just as I requested!). So, the first time I saw the bouquets was about 5 minutes before I walked down the aisle- and that was ok because I had totally put my trust in Laurie and I was NOT disappointed in the least! If you are still looking for a wedding florist (or any occasion that needs flowers!), please sit down with Laurie. She makes you feel so special and walking out of her shop I no longer felt like flowers were just "one of those things!" THANK YOU!!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Amanda, 10/25/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Laurie was a dream to work with! She did way more than we asked her to do, like even call a friend last minute when we were searching for someone to decorate our wedding cupcakes! Her work was amazing, and the best price around. Not to mention her bubbly personality and sweet demeanor!

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Laurie was excellent to deal with. She is very creative. I don't know much about flowers, the only direction I gave her was colors. Laurie used her expertise to then create the most beautiful, elegant and unique bouquets. Laurie is energetic and gets just as excited about your wedding as you do. It's obvious that she loves her job and it shows in her work. She made it easy for me (the bride) to work with her. She is awesome!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/27/12, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Lauri was a dream from the moment we walked in to meet with her. Her excitement is contagious! She was so full of ideas and plans within 20 minutes of meeting with her. She came through for us and provided impeccable service, an amazing zest for what she does, and of course beautiful arrangements and bouquets. Just love her!!

Profile Picture User2550930, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I worried, worried, worried up until the day of my wedding about how everything would go. Laurie told me that it would be perfect...and it was! She did our flowers, centerpieces, and coordinated the wedding itself. I never had to worry about a thing...I just had to be the bride :D The flowers were soooo gorgeous. I got so many compliments! I knew what colors that I wanted and she suggested flowers and I told her to just run with it. I had seen her work before and knew that she has an awesome eye. My centerpieces were better than I had imagined them. And...you will love Laurie. She is full of energy and spunk! I highly recommend. You can't go wrong with this one.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

My center peaces for my wedding were absolutely perfect! Laurie did a AMAZING job. She blew my mind away with her ideas and creations. She took all my thoughts and ideas and put it all into one and made my bouquet and center peace look fabulous! I Love everything about them all! thank you so much for being there to make my wedding look absolutely amazing!

Profile Picture sarah, 7/17/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

OMG...I cannot say enough good things about Laurie who is the owner of Sweetpea Designs in Lewiston, Maine. I had met with other florists, but NONE compared to Laurie. You can just tell from your initial meeting with her, just how passionate she is about her work. She looked through all of the floral ideas I had brought in (from magazines or printed from the web) and as soon as she finished going through them all, she looked at me and said, "What I am getting from these pictures are that you are looking for something VERY elegant yet simple." I was shocked, she hit the nail right on the head. Her excitement was absolutely what I needed in order to alleviate some of my own stresses about wedding planning. I had so much confidence in Laurie and she pulled through just as I knew she would. It's a wonderful feeling to walk into a business to set up a business deal and wind up leaving there with a wonderful friend for life! About 2 weeks before my wedding, she called just to check up on me & see how I was doing. She said, "I have a small wedding this weekend, but NOW it is ALL ABOUT YOU, so if you have ANY questions, concerns or just need to talk, call me!" 100% recommend SweetPea Designs to any and all planning a wedding. FYI, she JUST relocated her shop to 10 Bobby Street in Lewiston!!!

Profile Picture Edie, 10/16/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The arrangements Laurie provided were just beautiful. She knew exactly what I would like and I could really tell that she was excited to make them for me. My bouquet was also lovely. I had calla lillies, yellow gerber daisies, and lilac colored roses. Laurie is super creative and does work that you can't get just anywhere. It is clear that she puts a lot of thought in to her designs. She also has a delightful personality!

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/21/10, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Laurie was awesome. She had wonderful advice and great ideas. She absolutely loves her customers.

Profile Picture Elaine, 8/8/09, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The most beautiful flowers and the most patient employees!!

Profile Picture Erin, 7/31/09, 4 Reviews