Sweet Lilu's Reviews

Sweet Lilu's 3
  • Kelli

Kelli Lake · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Simply Delicious

From the beginning, Sweet Lilu's was absolutely amazing! We had heard great things about their cake, and it definitely did not disappoint. From the cake tasting to the actual wedding cake, we were amazed and super pleased with the unique and delicious taste. Our wedding guests are still talking about how good the cake was. We are so thankful to have Beth and her team as our cake vendor and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful and delicious set of cakes.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Sonia Lamb · Married on 08/16/2019

Delicious food, Amazing staff

After meeting Beth I was immediately confident that our catering was set. She worked with us on our budget and coordinated with the other vendors. Sweet Lilu's is so much more than appetizers and dinner!
    She has an organized, hard working staff who created and served delicious food at the reception.
    The goat cheese with marina dip was so tasty. The pork loin was tender and the Cajun chicken pasta was great!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Beth · Married on 08/03/2019

Great Catering!

Beth and her team are very attentive, accommodating, and the food was absolutely delicious!

Sweet Lilu's 4
    Sent on 10/05/2019

Sydney · Married on 06/15/2019

The best food

I couldn't say enough great things about Beth and her team. SO SO helpful and the food is to die for. She also made my wedding cake and it was beautiful and so so tasty. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Sent on 06/29/2019

Christie · Married on 10/21/2017

Sweet Lilu’s created the most delicious 3 Tiered wedding cake for my girls wedding at a Buffalo Trace. The fall flavors picked were maple for 2 tiers & pumpkin for the middle. The cakes were devoured. The display was beautifully done and brought the couples vision to life.

Sweet Lilu's 5
    Sweet Lilu's 6
    Sent on 10/26/2017

Kalin · Married on 10/01/2017

Beth from Sweet Lilu's was so easy to work with! The food, cake, and alcohol for our wedding were perfect! Beth made it easy for us to plan our wedding from 3 states away! We highly recommend using Sweet Lilu's for your wedding!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/29/2017

Beth was very professional and so easy to work with. We initially went for a cake tasting and only
    Planned on using Sweet Lilu's for cake, however we were then informed she could cater and do our open bar (making things much easier for us). Her food and cake was absolutely amazing! The BBQ brisket was delicious and she did a fantastic job managing our bar. We have been recommending her to everyone we can, you don't want to miss out on this!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Hannah · Married on 05/20/2017

Beth from Sweet Lilu's was one of my absolute favorite vendors to work with during the wedding process. First of all - her food is DELICIOUS. I wanted good ol' country food and she gave it to us! Her BBQ and brisket were out of this world. The mashed potatoes, green beans, baked apples, and cornbread OH MY GOODNESS. Seriously never tasted such good food before in my life. She made bourbon balls and put them in cute little boxes with ribbon for the wedding favors and even had a sticker that said "Bourbon Balls from the Bennetts" and they were an instant hit with the wedding guests. My dad even said they were the best bourbon balls he has ever tasted and that means a lot coming from a bourbon ball connoisseur like himself. We also had various appetizers during cocktail hour that she provided and the guests were raving about how great they all were. Second of all- not only is Beth an amazing cook and baker, she is also an amazing person. Every time I met with Beth I left the meeting in such a great mood because she is that just that type of person. Full of positive energy and so down to earth and easy to talk to. She has an amazing personality. And she's got your back. When my mean husband of mine smashed cake on my face she was right there to wipe it off for me hahaha. Third of all - she is super affordable. I was shocked with the quality and taste of her food compared to how little she costs. Extremely reasonable and wayyyy tastier than a lot of overrated Lexington caterers.
    We did not order our cake from Beth because we had already placed a cake order with another vendor before I knew of Beth, but if we had known of her before placing the cake order I definitely would have used Beth for the cake as well! Everything she makes is absolutely delicious! You cannot go wrong with Sweet Lilu's!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Birrilla · Married on 05/06/2017

Sweet Lilu's was recommended to us by our wedding planner, we had them do our rehearsal dinner and we were very impressed. The food was absolutely amazing from the hot brown casserole to the assorted bite size desserts, everyone LOVED the food! They sent two people to serve and they boxed up the leftovers for us. We would highly recommend them for any reception or gathering for your catering needs!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Hillary · Married on 11/12/2016

Sweet LiLu's made the cake and dessert bar for our November wedding. I was an out of town bride and they came highly recommended by our wedding coordinator. Beth and her team helped make bourbon ball favors for all the guests too. They were easy to works with, reasonable pricing and most importantly everything was delicious! The carrot cake was my favorite!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Great experience with Sweet Lilu's. Beth is the sweetest and her cakes are delicious. She is willing to accomadate and help you any way she can.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Tara · Married on 09/01/2016

Beth Hensley and the staff at Sweet Lilu's are fantastic. They are so easy to work with and are totally willing to work with you to get your cake right according to your vision. Beth sketched out what she was thinking while we talked about what we wanted. She also helped keep our secret wedding a secret by going along with the engagement party cover story. :) And of course, we had a yummy taste test even though we'd both tasted her cakes at other events. She was professional and attentive and made it so the wedding cake was something we definitely didn't have to worry about. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Shannon · Married on 08/13/2016

Beth Hensley at Sweet LiLu's was the key to our wedding. That may sound a bit extreme, but I really can't say enough about the difference she made in our whole experience. From the day we met Beth we knew we had the right person. She was so excited for us as well as what she does. She was game for whatever we threw her way - including a crazy idea for our wedding cake. She made the entire process easier than I would have ever imagined, from planning to prep to clean up. She took on more than I expected from a caterer, making sure everything came together and flowed as it should have - and made sure we ate as well! Her food is OUTSTANDING. I cannot tell you how many people I've talked to since that night that have commented on the food. "Best wedding food I've ever had" was mentioned several times, "phenomenal", "how far does she travel for events?", "the food is incredible!" - and everyone was completely blown away by the cake, which was made to look like a stone cairn. "That is a CAKE?!?" was heard more than once. Once the cake was cut, the comments turned to how good the cake was. And the service - her crew is top notch and they ran the show like a well oiled machine. Using Sweet LiLu's was the best decision we made regarding our wedding and reception, we couldn't have been happier. My only regret was leaving for two weeks after the reception and not getting to finish the leftovers! I'd recommend Beth to anyone looking for a caterer - she and her staff will leave you speechless.

Sent on 09/06/2016
  • User6020381 · 2+ years ago

I used Sweet Lilu's for both our rehearsal dinner catering and our wedding cake. I was completely blown away by the quality of service, attention to detail, and deliciousness of the food! Had I known about Sweet Lilu's as a caterer sooner, we would have used them for the reception as well. If you are looking for affordable, professional catering that exceeds all of your expectations, choose Sweet Lilu's!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Beth was wonderful! The food was great, service was fantastic, and everything was done very professionally. I would definitely recommend her in a heartbeat. She did all of our catering and our wedding cake, and everyone commented on how it was the best wedding food they'd ever had.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2016

We had guests ask if they could take our left over cake home - that's how good it was! Sweet Lilu's did a tasting with us, talked us through the portions we would need, provided various design options, and they were so easy to work with. I wanted to add fresh berries to our cake, which is not something they typically do, and they accommodated us, no problem. The cake was beautiful and tasted delicious!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Alison · Married on 09/15/2017

3.0

We hired Beth to cater our wedding at Buffalo Trace. She also provided our wedding cake, bar services, dishware and linens. Overall we were very happy with the food and services. The cake was both beautiful and delicious. At times Beth was difficult to get a hold of because she is very busy, but when it came down to it we were able to get all of our questions answered and everything went off without a hitch.

Sent on 10/06/2017
  • Mallory

Mallory · Married on 09/22/2018

2.0

I loved how our desserts turned out. We decided to go with a dessert bar instead of a cake and I loved it. Beth worked with us to make it perfect. Beth was slow to respond to e-mail but when she did respond she was very helpful. At the end of the day I was SO happy with how everything turned out. He sweets are amazing!

Sent on 10/04/2018
  • CJ

CJ · Married on 10/05/2019

3.2

Good food!

When we scheduled a tasting, we got double booked and this was not a very organized meeting. However, Beth made efforts to make up for that for our event. The food was absolutely delicious!! The wedding cake we got was not what we asked for and did not taste the way it did at our initial tasting. Overall a great experience with the food, but would be cautious about ordering cakes!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Apryl · Married on 06/03/2017

1.4
      1.5
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0

I discussed my wine preferences in detail with the owner for months in advance of my Wedding. I was assures I could have the wines I wanted. I spent a LOT of time and money selecting very carefully the perfect wines that represented my taste and would appeal the spectrum of my different guest. I called several times to confirm my choices and eventually was assured they were not a problem. AT my wedding, I requested the wines from my selections, they didn't have it. eventually I made it to the bar myself and THEN, I found that NONE of the wines I had selected and discussed were there. I spent so much time and energy into this most important part of my wedding day only to be 100% disappointed in the service and lack of concern for what I wanted and was paying for. The owner was unresponsive to my enquiries thereafter about my missing wine selections. I had an amazing and wonderful most perfect wedding, everything except sweet lilus. would not hire them again.

Sent on 07/04/2017