103 Reviews for Sweet Dreams Wedding Cakes and Flowers

Venue Visit (1)
Flower Crowns (1)
Flower Girl Baskets (1)
103 Sweet Dreams Wedding Cakes and Flowers Reviews

Wonderful cake. Made my dreams come true. They were wonderful to work with and the taste was perfect!

Profile Picture Amanda, 2/14/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I will start by saying Laura is so on her game and her staff are great. She is so organized, when I initially went in for my tasting, she came off as a little cold. However, looking back I see now that my planner whom failed me, had created more questions than answers for Laura. That being said, her work went above and beyond my expectations. She knows exactly what she is doing. I gave Laura my colors and one picture and from this, she pulled together the most beautiful wedding floral I have ever seen. Her vision for my bouquets was outstanding. Our cake was beautiful and delicious. I wish I could preserve the beauty of the floral she created to keep forever! A truly talented vendor I can't recommend Sweet Dreams highly enough.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/6/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Flower Girl Baskets, Flower Petals, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Sweet dreams did an amazing job with both my flowers and my cakes (rehearsal and wedding). I honestly couldn't have asked for anything better. The cakes were delicious! I even had some of my guests say it was the the best cake they had ever had. The flowers were gorgeous. Sweet dreams gave me exactly what I asked for and helped me figure out ways to keep things within my budget. I would definitely recommend them to any family or friends.

Profile Picture Mariah, 9/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

Laura is the real deal! She has a very creative mind and took everything I said into consideration. We worked for several months together on the flowers for our wedding and she NAILED it. I love looking at the photos of our florals; they are exactly what I was hoping for.
The cake was absolutely delicious! I highly recommend her Supreme cakes; people were raving about the cheesecake filling and the frosting, too!
Thank you Sweet Dreams!

Profile Picture Bergen, 6/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The cake was amazing. The buttercream was not to sweet and chocolate was moist, just yummy. The flowers were beautiful my bouquet was gorgeous it was totally worth the price, however I was expecting more for the bridesmaids bouquet, they forgot to add peacock feathers to them which I was expecting. I would recommend them for sure.

Profile Picture User3687466, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Cake

Laura can create the most incredible cake on the two most important levels: appearance, and taste. ALL of my guests raved about our cake. We did the Supreme, with one layer of cheesecake and the second layer of chocolate cake with a lemon filling. Incredible. They include a take-home tier for the bride and groom, which is the perfect size to freeze and keep for your one-year anniversary. I'm so attached to mine, I drove it across the country with me in a cooler when I moved from California to North Carolina.

As far as the flowers went, I had to do everything from a distance. The flowers they created were amazing, and everything I wanted. I had a Jewish ceremony, and though they didn't have a Chuppah for me to rent, they provided an archway for our ceremony. The only thing that went "wrong" was a small miscommunication regarding the centerpieces. I must say, our centerpieces blew me away...like nothing I have ever seen gorgeous. Some of the guests took the vases home (as one usually can do), but we were unaware that we were supposed to return them to the florist. Their representative forgot to tell us, so it cleared up on its own.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 11/14/09, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Cake

The cakes here are SOOOO good. Truly the best wedding cake I have ever tasted, even to this day. Additionally, the anniversary cake still tasted delicious after being in the freezer for a year.

Profile Picture Cara, 6/2/07, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I could not be happier with the service I received from Sweet Pickins Florist. Christina is a PRICELESS asset to the planning of any wedding. She had great suggestions and recommendations, plenty of samples and pictures on hand for ideas, and in the end produced absolutely gorgeous boquets and arrangements for my wedding. She went above and beyond what she had to do, even laying down the aisle runner and setting up the communion table on stage. She helped pin corsages, and even went to my reception at a different location to put garland on tables. I was so pleased with her service, and even more impressed by the extremely fair price I was charged. She is definitely recommended!!!!!!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 11/11/06, 5 Reviews
4.7

Laura was great at hearing what we envisioned and then translating that to a beautiful décor. She had good ideas about how to achieve the look and feel we wanted. After every meeting she was prompt with written follow-up so we knew she understood our discussions.

Profile Picture User3687873, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

We loved the fact that we could get our flowers and cake from the same vendor. There were some very unique ways to tie the flowers and cake together to really add a level of amazingness to the event. We thought the prices were very reasonable. Everything showed up on time and looked exactly the way we wanted it. The cake tasted great. Could not have asked for much more.

Profile Picture alex, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Cake

Most beautifully arranged flowers and cake. Exactly as I wanted. Free delivery and set up was a lifesaver.
Only downside was having to drop some things off at office after wedding and cost (but all flowers are expensive!)

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Cake

I love how my flowers and cake turned out. Working with Laura and her team was great. They were on top on things, very fast and quick on answering my emails and concerns. I told Laura how I pictured my flowers and it turned out very romantic just the way I pictured even better :) OMG ... our cake was beautiful and yummy. Thank you so much Sweet Dreams!!

Profile Picture Jenny & Jose, 6/18/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Beautiful and completely flexible and can make your dreams come true, completely worth it.

Profile Picture Lucia, 11/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Cake

What can i say, I called Sweet Dreams at the last minute asking them to make 2 boutonnieres for my husband and I. Laura said to send that i could send her some images that i had found for inspiration. What they came up with was fantastic and very much along the lines of the vibe i was looking for (old Yosemite).

I highly recommend Sweet Dreams.

Profile Picture Ceci, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Working with sweet dreams was a very good experience. Every one commented on how beautiful the flowers were! And the cake was super yummy. The only problem i had was that the corsages we ordered for the mothers didn't have the wrist band so we had to pin it to their dress. It was just a small hiccup in the big scheme of things though.
Day of the wedding they showed up on time and knew what to do...i didn't have to worry about anything in regards of getting the flowers and cake to where they needed to be!
I definitely recommend sweet dreams for any wedding.

Thank you! sweet dreams

Profile Picture melissa, 10/11/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Cake

We aren't local and weren't able to make it out to do a tasting. Everything was done over the phone and we were very pleased with the taste as well as the presentation.

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/26/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We were looking for a buttercream frosting cake and Sweet Dreams pulled this off for us beautifully. The cake was excellent. I'd gotten odd reviews from others before choosing them but ultimately went with them because they pretty much own the area! Our cake turned out great so any reservations we had were satisfied by the end result.

Profile Picture Andrea, 10/10/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We booked both our cake/cupcakes, alter, and flowers with Sweet Dreams. The toffee cake is seriously delicious. It's so light and fluffy. And everyone loved the cupcakes. Our flowers were GORGEOUS! They were blue hydrangeas, light and dark blue delphiniums, blue thistle, red ranunculus', and small red roses. And my bouquet also had white anemone flowers. They were absolutely beautiful. The sweet dreams team helped us with any questions or concerns we had. definitely recommend

Photo for Sweet Dreams Wedding Cakes and Flowers Review - Bridal bouquet
Photo for Sweet Dreams Wedding Cakes and Flowers Review - Our wedding alter with a moveable garland for head table
Photo for Sweet Dreams Wedding Cakes and Flowers Review - Our ombré toffee wedding cake
Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/16/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Flower Crowns, Flower Petals

I was incredibly impressed with the flowers I received from Sweet Dreams! In our initial meeting I brought in pictures of what I would like for our bouquets, boutonnieres and the arbor. Laura surpassed my expectation! When she brought in our bouquets I was so excited to see that I received EXACTLY what I asked for. The floral arrangement on our arbor was incredible and the greenery for the head table was beautiful! I would recommend them to anyone getting married in the area.

Profile Picture User6724110, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I highly recommend Sweet Dreams; Laura did a fantastic job on both my wedding cake and flowers. The cake was both beautiful and delicious. No joke, Laura's cakes make other vendor's cakes seem to taste like cardboard. The flowers were absolutely stunning, and far exceeded my wildest dreams! My only word of caution to others is that Laura can seem a bit distracted (she *is* very busy after all), but don't take that to mean she's not paying attention to you!

Profile Picture Nava, 9/20/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Cake

Very beautiful arrangements of flowers. Christina was very sweet and met with me several times to make sure all my preferences were carried out. She worked within my budget and came up with some great wayd to get full, expensive looking bouquets on a smaller budget.

Profile Picture Melody, 5/15/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Sweet Dreams Cakery did an excellent job on our wedding cake! We were complimented on how different and good it was! We were also elated to find that she would use buttercream as opposed to fondant. A lot of the cake vendors out there like to use fondant because of the appearance but my husband and I were not big fans of the taste or texture! Our cake looked just as fabulous in buttercream! Laura was easy to work with and even set up the cake beautifully!

The only scare we had was we were expecting the cake to be delivered at 2pm and it didn't show until 4 which was the time that the ceremony began! So you can imagine our fright. But everything worked out perfectly! It was handled perfectly by them when we contacted them about the situation. It seems we just had a misunderstanding on time!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/25/10, 6 Reviews
4.2

For our small wedding reception, we ordered a two tiered cake and it was absolutely beautiful. I had a personal cake tasting and Laura gave me her undivided attention. Working with her was truly amazing, very professional and responsive, a great experience. While make cake was incredibly beautiful, it left something to be desired in terms of taste. I asked for a lemon cake, with lemon buttercream and extra lemon curd, but it really just wasn't that good. The cake part itself was moist, but it did not have the extra lemon curd I requested. It also had this 'brick'layer of frosting on the outside, that had hardly any flavor and a terrible mouth feel and the proportion was incredibly overwhelming compared to the amount of cake that was underneath. I don't understand because this was not the same texture of the frosting I had at the cake tasting. I'm just dissapointed because I have looked forward to my wedding cake since I was a little girl and it left so much to be desired. I'm the type of person who believes 'even bad cake is good cake, because it's cake' but I can't even really say that about this one. We planned a budget wedding and it's dissapointing that splurging on a wedding cake had such an unfortunate outcome. But as I mentioned before, working with Laura was great, I just was dissapointed with the end result.

Profile Picture Leslie, 10/1/16, 1 Review
4.1

We had our cake and flowers done here and it was a seamless process. The flowers were better than we could have imagined and the bouquets were amazing. The cake, I don't even know where to start, it was probably the best cake I have had in my life. We chose white cake with raspberry filling, and it was melt in your mouth delicious. Guests who never eat sweets could not resist having a piece. Returning items was the only downside as there was a bit of lack of communication on how/when to return items, but they were flexible once we were able to get a hold of them. Price for flowers was higher than other places we looked, but do not regret the service at all. As another reviewer said I felt a little cold when meeting for consultation, I think that comes from being all business. That did not impact the service at all!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jessica, 7/15/17, 3 Reviews
4.1

We tasted a few cakes when looking for a cake vendor and this was the best! We got the supreme vanilla toffee, and it was so delicious! We're looking forward to getting to enjoy the complimentary 1st year anniversary cake we got to take home with the top layer. Plus the cake was beautifully done. Bundling with the flowers was a great deal between the two. I came not knowing much about flowers, but knowing what appearance & colors I liked. Laura did a great job listening and working with me to create my vision of unique floral combos. She was very responsive to emails and getting invoices/payment statements to us for our records. The only hiccup was getting the flowers delivered at an earlier time than she planned. To her credit, this was because she wanted the flowers to look as fresh as possible, but we also needed more time for the photographer to get pictures - if I had to do it again, I would have made sure my photographer and florist's schedules worked well together. After some bartering between the two, we agreed on a time that was a good compromise, and Laura and her staff made good on making sure they were there by the agreed time and were very professional and courteous in setting up the flowers and cake. The flowers stayed fresh and looked amazing, and we were able to get the pictures we wanted as well!

Profile Picture Andrea, 4/26/14, 2 Reviews