Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers Reviews

115 | Oakhurst, CA

115 Reviews for Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers

• Jamie

Jamie Lee Gonzalez · Married on 09/20/2020

Amazing flowers and delicious cakes

If you are on the fence about booking with Laura- just do it!! I can't even emphasize what a pleasure it was to work with Laura for my wedding. Planning a wedding is stressful enough, now add COVID in the mix and then fires up in Yosemite and it can be so overwhelming. Laura was amazing in taking out the stress when it came to our cake and flowers. So was attentive to what we wanted, my bouquet was gorgeous as well as the rest of the flowers during the ceremony. Our wedding cake and groom cake were so delicious-we received many compliments. Not only was her service impeccable- she worked with us during stressful times. We originally planned to have our wedding in Yosemite- 4 days before our planned wedding we found out we had to change locations due to the fires and move our wedding to Laguna Beach. When i informed Laura about this drastic change she was able to not only bring all of our flowers from Oakhurst but even a wedding arch. Truly amazing service. I even told my now husband- i rather order a mini wedding cake every year and drive all the way over there just to eat her yummy cakes again!! Thank you Laura- you are a brides dream!!

Sent on 09/22/2020

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

You guys were a joy to work with and I appreciate the opportunity! I look forward to hearing from you on your anniversary!
  • Sarah

Sarah Fairbanks · Married on 09/09/2020

Daughters Elopement

I booked Sweet Dreams for flowers and a cake for my daughter's elopement from Central New York, sight unseen. I couldn't have been happier! The owner was pleasant to work with and very flexible, (delivered early due to some crazy circumstances) she made my daughters wedding day beautiful! Flowers were amazing and the cake delicious AND cute! 10 out of 10 stars - highly recommend!

Sent on 10/02/2020

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Sarah, thank you so much for choosing us to be part of your daughter's special day. Wishing the newlyweds many, many happy years of wedded bliss.
    Laura
  • Laura

Laura Ellsworth · Married on 08/27/2020

Gorgeous flowers and delicious cake for our Yosemite elopement!

Sweet Dreams was the perfect fit for our Yosemite elopement! The bouquet Laura created was even more beautiful than the inspiration photo and the cake was delicious! As an out-of-state bride, I really appreciated the ability to add on serveware and have the order delivered to the lodge we were staying at. I highly recommend Sweet Dreams to any future bride! Thank you so much, Laura! Professional photos by Toni G Photo.

Sent on 10/06/2020

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Congratulations! Thank you Laura. I was so glad to be part of your special day. I am so glad you were pleased with Sweet Dreams!
  • Athena

athena chermak · Married on 11/03/2019

Amazing cake and service

Laura was amazing! She provided everything I asked for and made a bride feel so special! The cake was so delicious! She catered to all of our needs and took care of us before and after our wedding.

Sent on 11/14/2019

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Thank you and Congratulations Athena! Sweet Dreams loved being part of your beautiful wedding! I am so happy that you were pleased with all we did.
  • Brie

Brie · Married on 09/01/2019

Brag Worthy Cake

Everyone from our wedding absolutely LOVED the cake!! We got so many compliments all night long and I know people who went back for THIRDS!! We got the supreme cake with a layer of cheesecake and that was the best decision ever! Girl knows how to bake some cake!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Thank you so much! We are thrilled that not only we met your expectations but also exceeded them.
    Wishing you and David many, many happy years of wedded bliss.
    Again, congratulations and thank you!
  • Kacey

Kacey · Married on 07/27/2019

Easy, quality, wonderful service!

Working with Sweet Dreams was a dream :) They helped us with (personals) flowers and dessert for our wedding at The Pines in July. The owner squeezed us in for an unplanned appointment and quickly walked us through everything. She made simple, straightforward suggestions that ended up working out perfectly. She created the EXACT bouquet(s) I was looking for and listened to everything I wanted... I was so happy! The donut display and tiny cake were perfect as well, we couldn't have been happier with the way it all worked out. The owner was easy to communicate with and efficient!

Sent on 09/13/2019

Kacey,
    First of all, congratulations again to you and Drew. Secondly, I am so happy that not only we met your expectations but that we exceeded them. Thank you for posting this review and thank you for choosing Sweet Dreams.
    Wishing you and Drew many, many years of wedded bliss.
  • Myra

Myra · Married on 05/14/2019

Absolutely Perfect!

So pleasantly surprised! So perfect, decided to persevere my bouquet. Better than expected both the cake, my crown & all of the flowers! Thank you!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Congratulations and Thank You! We are so glad you were pleased with Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers.
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful flowers and tasty desserts!

We worked with Sweet Dreams for both our flowers and dessert table for our wedding, and everything was spectacular!! Laura really helped us figure out our vision for centerpieces and decorations, and her team assembled all the centerpieces and got everything set up while we were getting ready and it all looked amazing. My bouquet was beautiful, the arch decorations looked phenomenal, and the desserts were absolutely delicious. Really really happy to have worked with Sweet Dreams for our wedding!!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Thank you and Congratulations Emily! I am so happy your were pleased with our work. Sweet Dreams loved being part of your fabulous wedding!

Brittany · Married on 06/09/2018

We absolutely loved our wedding cakes from Sweet Dreams! We enjoyed our tasting so much we ended up getting two cakes for our wedding, including one that was gluten free. I have to say it was one of the best gluten free desserts I have ever had. The cakes were beautiful and delicious. It was exactly what we had envisioned and we received so many compliments from our guests! Sweet Dreams was easy to communicate with and very accommodating. They were a pleasure to work with. Thank you for helping make our wedding day extra special!

Sent on 06/17/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 09/23/2017

Just plain amazing! Laura and her team worked her magic! Trust this review. I never follow up with reviews but needed everyone to know she can be trusted for your special day!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Thank you for the amazing review Elizabeth! Every element of your wedding was beautiful. Thank you for including us in your special day. Best of Wishes from the Sweet Dreams Team!

Anita · Married on 09/09/2017

After my first visit Laura, I was so amazed how she knew exactly what I wanted after sharing my ideas. Her and her staff did phenomenal work. She is very confident in her work and I needed someone exactly like her in making my special day beautiful . Thank you & your staff -
    Anita

Sent on 02/11/2018

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review! We loved being a part of every aspect of your wedding. We wish you all the best in the years to come.

Melanie · Married on 09/02/2017

Laura is simply amazing! She did both our flowers and cake for our wedding in Yosemite. I met with her twice to talk about our flowers and do a cake tasting. I must admit, I did not know exactly what I wanted for my flowers. I was even concerned since I felt so indecisive. I did my best to describe what I wanted and to my surprise the flowers and table arrangements were even more beautiful than I could ever imagine! She knew exactly what I wanted even though at times I didn't even know what I wanted. I couldn't stop looking at the arrangements and table settings during our wedding. I only wish I could have kept my flowers longer to look at since our wedding just flew by! The cake also turned out exactly how I imagined and was fresh and delicious. In addition to everything turning out perfectly, Laura and her team were always professional and punctual. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone looking for a vendor in the area.

Sent on 09/08/2017

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Thank you and Congratulations Melanie! Loved taking part in your beautiful wedding.

Glori · Married on 02/25/2017

Great service! Loved how Laura gives you her professional opinion in order to help you find the perfect flower and cake designs. So helpful and they adjusted to our needs in terms of delivery, and floral arrangements! We're thinking of another reason to hire Sweet dreams again!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Hi Glori,

Congratulations to you and Dario and thank you for your kind review. We wish you all the best in the years to come! Let us know if you need a birthday or anniversary cake. We would love to work with you both again!
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 12/17/2016

They know they are off the beaten track so to include flowers and cake in one vendor makes things so much easier! They were really nice and super accommodating. The first meeting went great and we even picked a flavor of cake that was not on their usual menu because they had some of it available for us to try and it was by far our favorite. Everyone at the wedding loved it too! I came in with some pictures and ideas about specific things that I knew I wanted and they helped fill in the gaps to make a cohesive wedding. The staff was so responsive with questions that I had and I feel like I had a good amount as the big day approached. They really made me feel calm about the whole thing and the day turned out beautiful. They were on the list of our venue's top choices and were the overall favorites and I now know why.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Thank you Julia! Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Kathy · Married on 11/12/2016

Sweet Dreams (Laura, owner and Allyson, asst.) did a fabulous job on both cake and flowers at my daughter's Nov. 12 wedding at Panoche Creek River Ranch. We had a 3-layer cake with both carrot cake and red velvet. Yummy! It was set upon a tall wood round in keeping with our rustic vintage theme. Laura's frosting is out of this world; buttery and not too sweet! Many of our guests commented it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. The flowers were stunning: we'd shown Laura photos of what we wanted, and wow, did she come through. I sent her some ribbon that we used for my daughter's wedding dress and it was incorporated into her bouquet! So lovely!! The flowers/cake arrived at the agreed-upon time. This is a great two-for-one vendor. Amazing job in BOTH areas and reasonable pricing.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Thank you very much for the opportunity! Sweet Dreams loved taking part in your family's special day.

Jamie · Married on 10/25/2016

Sweet Dreams did my cake and flowers for my October Yosemite wedding. They were so patient, flexible, and easy to reach, especially being out of state. I gave them my full trust and the results blew my mind away. The flowers were so beautiful and better than I could ever image. Everyone was raving about the cake and flowers and said it was the best cake and cupcakes they ever had. My husband and I opted for the carrot cake, and although we didn't get to taste test it, it was very delicious, moist, and flavorful. Thank you, Laura and Allyson!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Thank you so much for your positive review Jamie! We wish you and your husband all the best in the years to come!

Marcy · Married on 08/06/2016

Laura and her team did an absolutely beautiful job with the flowers for my August Ahwahnee wedding. They gave expert advice, were highly professional, and delivered works of art for my centerpieces and bouquets/boutonnieres. You can't go wrong with this team!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Congratulations Marcy! We loved being part of your special day! Thank you so much!

Sarah · Married on 07/16/2016

We couldn't have been happier with our wedding cake, or the service we received. Everything turned out beautiful and we still have guests talking about our cake!! It is by far my favorite detail from the wedding and Laura went above and beyond to make sure it was perfect. Highly recommend Sweet Dreams if you want one less thing to stress about during your wedding!! :)

Sent on 08/03/2016

Hi Sarah,
    Thank you for your kind words! We are so thrilled to hear your review and loved being a part of your special day. All of us here at Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers wish you the best in the years to come.

Huifang · Married on 06/06/2016

We had both our wedding cake and flowers from Sweet Dreams. After the cake tasting, we chose their butter pecan flavor and it was delicious!

Laura is very professional and picked up what we wanted very fast. I showed her some pictures of flowers and bouquets that I like and let her to be creative. On our day, all the bouquets, boutonnieres and centerpieces came out to be so beautiful and just perfect! We were really really happy with their work couldn't ask for more!

Sent on 06/25/2016

Ren · Married on 05/07/2016

I was familiar with this business through their support of the local public radio station and donations they had made in the past so I knew their cakes were lovely. This time I was ordering flowers for my own wedding at the Yosemite Valley Chapel. After about three or four emails back-and-forth everything was set from the selection of preferred colors and flowers, the number and type of bouquets and payment. There is a certain ease that happens when dealing with experience local professionals. Not having to micromanage added to my delight when we picked up the flowers on the way to the ceremony. We had an incredibly perfect tiny celebration surrounded by Yosemite National Park, waterfalls flowing and dogwoods blooming. The flowers inside the chapel were a wonderful reflection of the beauty outside.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Sara · Married on 04/09/2016

Laura and her team were amazing!! I changed a few things and Laura was always so helpful and understanding. She brought my cake and flower visions to life, I highly recommend her, her cake was the best cake I have ever tasted! and my flowers were sooo beautiful, such great talent! You will not be disappointed when hiring her.

Sent on 06/05/2016

Erin · Married on 04/09/2016

Let me start with saying that I knew I was going to be hard to please. I spent a lot of time going over everything with them, and they took all of my input with such patience as I constantly changed ideas and demanded exact information from them. I had such a distinct vision for my wedding that I was afraid they wouldn't be able to match exactly what I wanted. But I was so wrong. Not only did they manage to create exactly what I wanted, they went above and beyond to make it absolutely perfect. They made my wedding a pinterest dream. I also feel like I got way more than I paid for. I did garlands down our long tables, and they added many more flowers than I assumed when we agreed "a few flowers throughout" (only adding a few flowers was more for my budget than what I specifically wanted, and their addition of flowers was a very generous offer on their part!) The cake was not only delicious, our guest raved about it, but so gorgeous I didn't want to cut it. I wish I could add pictures of my bouquet and the bridesmaids' bouquets. They were beyond gorgeous. If I could give them bonus stars on this review, I totally would.

Sent on 04/27/2016

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Congratulations Erin! Sweet Dreams loved providing the cake and flowers for your beautiful wedding! We are so happy that you were pleased with our services and that your exquisite vision was realized. Thank you for the opportunity.

Shayna · Married on 03/12/2016

Laura and her team took care of my cake and flowers for my wedding last weekend! They were so professional and easy to work with! I gave her a lot of freedom to create what I thought I wanted. I showed her a few pictures and she just made it happen! The flowers were gorgeous!!! Exactly what I would have wanted!

The cake was something I remembered from going to bridal shows and when it was time to get married it was the first and only place I wanted my cake from! The flavors were all amazing and it was tough to make selections! I ended up with an amazing delicious, 3 tiered cake with two different layers of cake types! It was amazing and all my guests said how delicious the flavors were.

I would recommend working with them to anyone looking for a truly unique experience!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Sweet Dreams is amazing. We did our grooms cake, wedding cake, & flowers with them. Upon meeting Laura I immediately felt confident in her. She knows what she's doing and she's great at what she does. The grooms cake was amazing. I sent Laura a picture of one I had found and she was able to recreate it perfectly. For that one we went with her supreme cake - white cake with chocolate mousse and a layer of cheesecake in the middle. It was to die for. Our wedding cake was three tiers and it was absolutely beautiful - not to mention the wood round cake stand she brought that tied it all together. For the wedding cake we went with butter pecan and made it supreme with the cheesecake layers. Everyone loved it. I really didn't know what I wanted for flowers, so I gave Laura a general feel for what I was looking for and she took it and ran with it. Again, I felt so confident in her because she was so confident in herself. The flowers were beautiful and I can't wait to get the pictures! The ceremony décor was perfect. Sweet Dreams did such a good job. They were available anytime I needed them and always responded quickly.

Sent on 02/16/2016

Sweet Dreams Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Thank you! We loved your wedding!