Sweet Dream Desserts and Catering, inc. Reviews

14 | Sycamore, IL

14 Reviews for Sweet Dream Desserts and Catering, inc.

Ashley · Married on 05/20/2018

We had the pleasure of working with Sweet Dreams for our Wedding Day catering! The food and desserts are amazing! We recieved so many compliments from our guests about our wedding food, especially the cheesy potatoes! They were professional, prompt, detailed and so easy to work with! I would highly recommend them to anyone! Thank you Sweet Dreams!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Michelle · Married on 09/16/2017

We went with Sweet Dream Desserts and Catering for our wedding on 9/16/17. Deanna and her staff were great to work with!They did a fabulous job on our wedding cake! I was very pleased with the quality and taste. The design was exactly what we wanted and we got excellent reviews from our guests ad well! I highly recommend using them! Thank you so much for an awesome wedding cake! Can't wait to go back and get our top layer for our one year anniversary!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Nikki · Married on 06/16/2017

Our cake and desserts were delicious. We ordered a small wedding cake for display and then did a dessert table. My husband said the cupcakes were the best he's ever had, which is why we picked Sweet dreams for our wedding! I didn't know exactly what I wanted, and the staff did a great job of helping me narrow down design choices. Pleasure to work with!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Lori · Married on 06/20/2015

I cannot say enough amazing things about Sweet Dreams Catering and their staff. In addition to pulling off a flawless and delicious appetizer and dinner service, the cake, cupcakes and lollipop bites were a huge success. Even during the monsoon that seemed to spring from nowhere, the staff braved ankle-high puddles to make sure our wedding guests were fed and that the service moved along smoothly. Being the bride, I was taking pictures and greeting guests during the appetizer service, so missed some of my favorite items on the menu. They heard me say I was sad to have missed that, and showed up to my table with a special plate of appetizers just for my groom and me! They cleared tables, guided me to the cake when it was time to cut it and had everything set up for us to capture some great photos of the moment (from finding/having knife and serving set ready, to talking with the photographer about timing before hand). I highly recommend their services!

Sent on 01/11/2016
  • Christy

Christy · Married on 11/11/2011

The birthday cake was a huge hit and was completely eaten. The cupcakes were beautiful and delicious and our Red Velvet topper was so pretty.

Sent on 11/14/2011

N · Married on 09/25/2010

Sweet Dreams provided cupcakes and a mini cake for our wedding at Blumen Gardens a few weeks back. If you haven't tried a Sweet Dreams cupcake yet, you are missing out. They're GOOD. You will crave more! Needless to say, our guests loved them and we had barely any left! In terms of the look of everything, the cupcakes and mini cake were decorated beautifully and were everything we were hoping for!

Sent on 10/05/2010
  • hky_pck

Sarah · Married on 06/26/2010

BEST CAKE EVER!!!! Good thing I dont live closer because I would always be there.

Sent on 07/13/2010

SyLinda · Married on 07/14/2007

You HAVE to taste in order to understand! Their homemade butter-cream frosting is rich and addictive. I ran out of ribbon and the oner personally went to the store to get more! The cake was delivered on time and set up beautifully.

Sent on 06/07/2008

Theresa · Married on 06/17/2006

Everyone loved the cake. We had 4 different types of cake in our our 6 tiered wedding cake, and we had to fight to keep any for ourselves. After my wedding, my brother-in-law had them make his cake, even though they were married 60 miles away from Sycamore.

I LOVE them.

I also had them provide me a sweets table.

Sent on 04/02/2008

Michelle · Married on 09/06/2014

I am very glad I went with this bakery. They did an excellent job on the wedding cake. The cake was beautiful and exactly what I wanted. I made some last minute total changes to the cake and the designer was very understanding and accommodating. The only minor thing which in the larger scheme of things wasn't a very big deal was the communication in the beginning. The designer was going to get back to me if she could do a specific design and never really got back to me on it and I had to email her to find out what was going on. Again pretty minor and probably not even worth mentioning. I would definitely use this baker again and recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 09/16/2014
  • april09bride

Rebecca · Married on 04/25/2009

Very easy to work with. I showed a picture of what I wanted, explained a few differences and the cake turned out just as I wanted. It was beautiful and tasted wonderful!

Sent on 05/12/2009
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 09/10/2011

When my husband and I decided we were going to get married in Elgin, IL, choosing our bakery was a no-brainer. I already knew I wasted to do cupcakes so Sweet Dreams was the first place I thought of. The only hard decision was narrowing down which kind to get! All of their cupcakes are delicious but we decided to go with the chocolate ganache (my personal favorite) and vanilla. My meeting with the owner, Deanna, to finalize the designs only took about 10 minutes because her first suggestions were great and she mad it so easy. They can pretty much match any color you want for frosting, and add personalized designs as well. We went with a more standard approach--white rose design on the vanilla cakes and green hydrangea design on the chocolate cakes. We had lots of guests comment on how pretty they were, and how delicious they were, of course! The prices are very reasonable as well: $1.60 per cupcake, with up-charges for delivery or stand rental. They also do traditional wedding cakes, which I've heard are just as good. Overall, I would highly recommend Sweet Dreams to anyone getting married in the Northwest Suburbs or DeKalb/Sycamore area.

Sent on 11/15/2011

Crystal · Married on 05/05/2012

3.5

The cake was delicious! I love how the frosting is light and not so sugary. I did not get married close to where I live so I made selections for my cake over e-mail and phone because appointment times could not fit my schedule. Therefore, it was much more difficult to get quick feedback. We had a cake and cupcakes. We didn't have any left over except a few cupcakes.

Sent on 06/06/2012

3.8
      3.5
      3.0
      3.0

This bakery makes awesome cakes and cupcakes. The quality of their product is exceptional. Their designs are beautiful. I highly recommend their products. There are a couple things that I did in planning my wedding cake with them that I would recommend everyone do to make it go more smoothly. They do not give you any kind of detailed description of your product in any kind of invoice. All she does is take hand-written notes at the meeting. I would confirm the plans for the cake in an email to them afterwards to make sure you are on the same page with the design. I would email both the owner Deanna and copy her manager Karen. When I emailed one or the other, they would often get lost between them so it is better to email both each time you contact them. Also, they apparently deliver their cupcake tower boards in a big purple Tupperware container that you are supposed to bring back to them after the wedding to get your deposit back. We brought back the boards but never saw a purple Tupperware container. I don't know if the facility lost it or if they ever brought it in the first place (we were not there when they delivered it to the facility), but we lost $20 on our deposit because of this. So make sure you confirm with them exactly what needs to be brought back to them to get your deposit back. If you follow this advice, you should have a smooth experience with them.

Sent on 08/29/2013