Fig & Flour Bakery Reviews

28 Reviews for Fig & Flour Bakery

Fig & Flour Bakery 1
Fig & Flour Bakery 2

Dana · Married on 11/02/2017

Working w Olivia is always a pleasure! You will receive the high quality and more over gorgeous desserts. They are very exquisite and artistic, but most importantly SO delicious! I would highly recommend Sweet Art by Olivia!

Fig & Flour Bakery 3
    Fig & Flour Bakery 4
    Sent on 12/06/2017

Kara · Married on 08/10/2017

We are so glad that we found out about Olivia! We hired her to bake our wedding cake. It was one of those things that helped to make the day extra special. It was gorgeous and delicious. Did I mention it was gorgeous?! Did I mention it was DELICIOUS?!!! I am already excited for more of her cake on our anniversary. I don't know if I've ever had cake as delicious in my whole life. Amazing! Olivia is so talented and passionate and we are happy that we used her.

Sent on 08/10/2017
  • Z

Z · Married on 03/25/2017

Easily the best tasting cake I've ever had! And how beautiful it was!!! Amazing product for the price, what a value!!!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Erica · Married on 01/14/2017

My husband and I love going to music festivals and we also love the movie Tron. We wanted to make our wedding unique in every way, so we had a Tron-themed Rave Wedding.
    With that said, we also wanted our wedding cake to be unique in appearance and in taste. We had the cardamom coffee cake as well as the celebration cake with cookie butter icing. She also made a gluten free cake for us since we had gluten-free guests. Both flavors and the gluten free cake were very delicious also not your run-of-the-mill cake flavors. Our wedding cake design was plain white. We wanted it as smooth and sleek as possible because we wanted projection mapping on our cake. Olivia made this possible by collaborating with our VJ weeks before the wedding. She went above and beyond and stayed throughout the reception to make sure everything was perfect--and it was!

To also add to this, my husband and I were one of the unlucky couples who had to reschedule our wedding in October. This was the weekend Hurricane Matthew hit so we had no choice but to reschedule. We moved our wedding day from October 2016 to January 2017. When we spoke with Olivia the day we had to reschedule the wedding, she didn't treat us like a client but like a friend. I was worried that she would not be available for our new wedding date, but she was very encouraging and we knew she empathized with us. I remember her words, "I will do everything in my power to make sure I make your dream cake for the wedding." Even throughout the next 3 months, she checked in on us to make sure we were doing okay and offering help in any way she can.

Thank you, Olivia, for going above and beyond for us! It was awesome to have you take on a task that you have never done before and execute it so flawlessly! You are a beautiful person inside and out and we are grateful to have met you!

Sent on 02/07/2017

leroy · Married on 08/21/2016

i would tell them this is the place to go for all your part's wedding or just for a taste

Sent on 08/21/2016

Katinka · Married on 05/21/2016

I am so happy we found Olivia to help out with sweetening up our daughter's first birthday! I was looking for high quality ingredients - with a various dietary restrictions and beauty at the same time. She nailed it and actually, exceeded expectations. Olivia was easy to work with, recommended the best flavor combinations for the gluten and dairy free cupcakes and even showed me all the ingredients she used. Our baby's smash cake was beautiful, matching the decor I have shown her prior and most importantly used the purest ingredients - pretty much banana and rice flour only :). I didn't expect the smash cake to be eaten, but honestly, it was incredible! Beautiful work, accommodating service and amazing flavors. Thank you so much! We can't wait for her second birthday :)

Sent on 09/06/2016

Nathalie · Married on 05/08/2016

Amazing cakes and desserts. I would describe desserts as elegant and romantic. I have never tasted such unique cakes that looked so wonderful. Definately the best of both worlds. Highly recommended.

Sent on 08/19/2016

From the very beginning Olivia wowed me with cakes. She not only has extensive cake and icing choices, but she is willing to make samplers of the different cakes and was able to give advice on the flavors to go with. Each cake that we tried was some of the best cake I have ever had and we had wedding guests commenting throughout the reception and even after the wedding on how good the cake was. We had purchased flowers from the florist for the cake and Olivia arranged them so beautifully on the cake. I was completely impressed and pleased with her work and will be buying more desserts from her in the future!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Kaitlin · Married on 02/07/2016

Olivia did an amazing job with both of my children's birthday cakes and cupcakes! She exceeded all of my expectations with the design and the taste. Everything was top quality, I look forward to working with her again!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Ashley · Married on 02/06/2016

I really enjoyed having Olivia cater at our wedding with her beautiful cake and cupcakes. She met with my husband and I and discussed different options that would fit us best. We decided on the flavors and design, and everything turned out fabulous. It was delicious and looked so beautiful on display. I would recommend her catering for any type of event. She is creative and flexible, and can work with many different types of designs. We loved having her!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Ashley · Married on 11/07/2015

Olivia is amazing! She did cupcakes with a cake topper for my wedding. The tasting was amazing. My husband couldn't go so she sent me home with samples for him to try which he loved. She has a specialty flavor - honey lavender fig that is outstanding. I thought it was too unique for my husband but it was his favorite! He ate all the leftovers in no time and has requested that maybe once a month we could get more cupcakes.

The design of the cake, cupcakes, and stands was beautiful. I've had sooo many compliments on the taste and how beautifully the dessert was displayed.

We will be using Olivia for all of our cake/cupcake needs going forward. I've had people from the wedding ask me for her contact information because they want to also. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/09/2015

Mahalee · Married on 10/25/2015

We had the cake tasting a few months before the wedding and she presented many options to choose from that we had a challenge picking our flavors. We ended up ordering 200 cupcakes (Flavors: Strawberry Basil, Vanilla Almond & Belgium Chocolate), our wedding cake (Vanilla Almond) and a groom's cake (Red velvet) for our wedding. On our wedding day, the Belgium Chocolate was the favorite of our guests as it was the first one to run out!

Olivia was very flexible when it came to our cake tasting date and provided ideas and suggestions so I could narrow down my choices. Overall, she did an amazing job -- The cakes and cupcakes were beautifully decorated and were very delicious!! Olivia is the best and I wouldn't expect anything less from her. I would definitely recommend her for any occasion!

Sent on 11/21/2015

Pearl · event on: 10/01/2015

Olivia made the most wonderful cakes for us, and included our ideas for color and style in her design! We loved working with her. Her passion made our simple cake into an elegant masterpiece, as surprising and fun as any gift could be.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Geoff · event on: 09/17/2015

Excellent quality and great, attentive service. Highly recommend.

Cheryl · Married on 08/16/2015

I was very pleased with Olivia's communication, arrival and setup of her pastries. Everyone enjoyed the variety of cake so much so that I only had 1/2 dozen cupcakes left.
    Thank you so much for your help.

Nick · Married on 08/09/2015

Product personalization.
    Excellent customer service.
    Gave a comprehensive and competitive selection of options with the right pricing.
    About the final product (Cake) we were amaze on how good it was.
    We are used to the typical Dominican/Latino cake, but this one is in a different level in terms of flavor and texture.
    The cake had a good combination of texture and flavor, not too moist but not to dry.
    The frosting was another topic we spend days talking about it, don't know how she does it, but her frosting is the best in the industry.

It was a great experience for us.

Thank you.

Sent on 10/06/2015

We ordered mini cheesecakes and cupcakes for a birthday party. They were beautiful and delicious. Definitely a great value!

Bethany · Married on 06/26/2015

Olivia was so helpful and went above and beyond what we ever expected. The groom's cake was beautiful. When she got to the venue she was concerned that we may not have "plenty" of desserts so she freely added cheesecake to our menu. She was so helpful when we were deciding theme, flavors, and quantity. Olivia was wonderful.

Sent on 10/06/2015

I had been looking for a Cake person to cater for my events and I couldn't find the right person either because the flavors weren't right or the colors that I wanted weren't coming out right....until I came across Olivia. I showed her a couple of pictures of what I wanted and envisioned and she came through with everything better than I ever expected. She gave me great suggestions and advice as to what was a better fit for my event. Everything was beautiful and delicious. I will continue using her for all my future events.

Kem · event on: 03/29/2015

WOOOOOOWWW!!!! WHAT A GREAT VENDOR!!! Olivia took the time to listen to my needs and create a special dessert that fit my theme perfectly. She was willing to work with my budget and still create a masterpiece. People are still talking about it weeks after the event. Olivia is very professional and I have recommended her to others. I have another event coming up and I already know that I will be using her. Thanks Olivia for making the birthday so special!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Delwin · event on: 03/28/2015

Everything made by Olivia is a work of delightfully wonderful art. The quality of her work and her attention to detail is amazing.

Sent on 04/08/2015

Mary · event on: 03/21/2015

i asked for a unique cake, PB&J flavored..... Not only did it taste amazing, most guests at my baby shower didn't even recognize it as a cake it was so artfully decorated. I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect and I'm so thankful!

Sent on 04/08/2015

Keisha · event on: 11/09/2014

I have used this vendor a few times for different occassions and have been very pleased with the baked goods she creates. She uses good quality ingredients and always delivers something great. Truly has a passion for creating beautiful deserts.

Sent on 03/10/2015

Mariel · Married on 10/17/2014

Sweet Art by Olivia captivated my attention as soon as I saw my friend’s wedding cake. It was that feeling of “Love at first site”. The cake presentation was unbelievable and Olivia has not ceased to amaze us ever since. I did not think twice to contact Sweet Art by Olivia when my fiancé at the time and I, decided to get married. The cake testing was out of this world; truly a very hard decision to choose from all her fabulous and delicious creations. Olivia’s service is truly impeccable and very professional. Our cake was unique and so flavorful. It was more than we expected, but we have come to realize that Olivia always goes above and beyond in everything she does. She has a keen eye for detail and her creativity is just pure magic. It’s not just a business; it's a place where they cater your needs but with love. Thanks Olivia for being part of our lives! Blessings! Rob & Mari

Sent on 10/15/2015

Amanda · Married on 06/01/2014

Olivia really came through for my husband and I. Four days before the wedding, my original cake lady cancelled on me and a friend recommended Olivia. I wanted a lemon naked cake with raspberries and Olivia made just that and more! She was flexible in being able to bring it out almost 2 hours away to the venue and I was just so grateful! The cake tasted beyond amazing and I will never forget her attention to detail, great imagination and very genuine/kind nature. I wish I could post a picture of the cake! Thank you so much, Olivia for being a part of our special day.

Sent on 10/14/2015