Swan Harbor Farm Reviews

129 | Havre de Grace, MD

129 Reviews for Swan Harbor Farm

Swan Harbor Farm 1
Swan Harbor Farm 2

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful at Swan Harbor! We loved the house, the caterer, the DJ, the outdoor tent, everything! The view of the property at night is breathtaking! Definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Suzanne · Married on 07/26/2013

Swan Harbor Farm is an exquisite jewel located in Harford County, MD. The 530-acre estate that looks out onto the Chesapeake Bay is priceless. However, the cost for this venue is affordable and quite a bargain for what is there, in the view and services provided. The estate provides a suite for each the Bride and Groom, as well as beautiful rooms to wander through during the cocktail hour. Our outside ceremony was nestled next to a grand old (oak) tree. We were lucky to have had perfect weather (in July in Maryland?) However, the semi-permanent tent was ample enough for our 150 guests and a 10-piece band and would have served our ceremony for plan b, bad weather, if necessary The grounds were amazing! And a bald eagle flew over shortly before the wedding. All evening guests were able to wander the gorgeous landscape, all the way to the Bay, as well as go indoors for other comforts. The staff was wonderful from our first meeting, right through getting me immediate notice that my security deposit would be returned in its entirety (only days after the event). I describe our wedding as missing only 1 thing - unicorns!

Sent on 08/02/2013

We knew from the moment we stepped on the property at Swan Harbor that we wanted to get married there! Karen was absolutely fabulous and helped us every step of the way.

Our wedding day ended up to be a hot summer day but having the ceremony under the trees provided shade and a breeze for all of us and the guests. The setting was breathtaking and we still have guests telling us that they loved walking around the house and down to the water.

The day of staff was so helpful and there to assist in every way! If you are considering Swan Harbor Farm I highly recommend it! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/26/2013

venue was very beautiful. Be careful to budget your time wisely because the brooms will hit the floor 15 minutes before your reception ends. I suggest double booking on the weekend to get the full experience.

Sent on 08/16/2013

Kori · Married on 07/13/2013

Such a beautiful venue and very helpful through the planning process!!

Sent on 08/05/2013

jessica · Married on 07/13/2013

We had our Aug 3, 2013 wedding reception at Swan Harbor Farm and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect location. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. The grounds are beautiful and makes for a beautiful backdrop for amazing pictures. The tented area is perfect for eating and dancing. We had a turn out of 120 people and there was plenty of room to move around and to dance. I highly recommend Swan Harbor Farm if you are looking for a beautiful outdoor venue with water views and amazing photo opportunities.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Swan Harbor Farm is absolutely gorgeous. Our wedding turned out amazingly and it wouldn't have been possible without the help of Karen (Event Coordinator) and her staff! The staff is welcoming, professional, and very knowledgable about weddings. I couldn't be happier with how our wedding turned out! We couldn't have picked a more beautiful July wedding venue.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Ashley · Married on 06/08/2013

If you are looking for an outdoor wedding with beautiful water views, stop looking- you found it! Go book now!!! It books up fast (we booked over 1.5 years out and only one Saturday was left that month). Karen is great- she knows what she is doing and recommends great vendors to work with. The venue speaks for itself- my photographer said he was overwhelmed by the amount of beautiful shot possibilities! They have a rain plan too, so do not worry. One thing I will say is that they do have strict rules (such as no rose petals, no floating lanterns, etc) but it is clearly written in the contract. Honestly, you don't need that extra stuff- the venue is so gorgeous that it works by itself. I loved every minute of our wedding here! :)

Sent on 06/10/2013
  • User2080129 · 2+ years ago

We had a 150 person wedding at Swan Harbor Farm in September 2012. We absolutely loved it. The grounds are beautiful. The staff was a pleasure to deal with. They were extremely professional and knew what they were doing. It's a little pricey, but it's worth every penny. The rental includes use of the house (for getting ready, cocktail hour, etc), the tent (which was more than large enough for our 150 person wedding, has adequate lighting, has a brick floor so the dance floor is a large as you want it to be, and side flaps for the tent in case of rain and wind), and tables and chairs are provided as well. We "double-booked" our Saturday evening wedding, meaning we paid extra so there wasn't a Saturday morning wedding before ours. This allowed us to have use of the property from 1pm - 2am, so the girls were able to take their time getting ready in the house beforehand. It also gave us plenty of time to set up decorations. If your budget allows, I would recommend double-booking.

Sent on 10/14/2012
  • kmsorrells

Kristin · Married on 08/26/2012

Couldn't have found a more perfect place to get married!

Sent on 03/26/2013

L+M · Married on 08/17/2012

I fell in love with Swan Harbor!! I searched for a venue for months as I was originally looking for a beach wedding. After many discouraging weeks of not having any luck, I happened to put waterfront wedding into google and Swan Harbor Farm popped up. From the first moment that I clicked on their website and went through their pictures I knew that this was the place! From the very first visit, Karen was amazing, she knew the answer to all my little questions and was very helpful in finding other vendors, as we are not from Maryland. Swan Harbor gave me all the little things I wanted when it came to their grounds, a beautiful old farm house, a bay in the background, weeping willow trees and a very cool old barn which was great for photos!! To this day, exactly 1 month after our wedding, I am still so in love with SHF and we can't wait to go back to Maryland to visit!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Lindsey · Married on 07/28/2012

This is the most beautiful venue in Harford County! I wanted to get married outside and by the water and as soon as we visited Swan Harbor we stopped looking. Another one of my concerns was that I wanted to be the only bride and there during our wedding. I hate when you have a place that has two weddings going on at the same time or random people walking around your ceremony or reception. Swan Harbor's natural beauty and setting allow you not to go overboard with flowers and decorations because it is so pretty and already has so much character. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone who wants to chance the weather and get married outside! Our pictures were beautiful!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Sarah · Married on 06/23/2012

Swan Harbor staff was very helpful and were available to answer any questions that I had along the way. The staff that was there the night of our wedding was great and made sure that we were taken care of.

Sent on 10/05/2012

Krystle · Married on 06/02/2012

From the minute I walked on to Swan Harbor Farm, I knew that was where I was going to get married. Located through the woods on beautiful grounds overlooking the Chesapeake Bay with a stunning, well maintained home originating from the 1700's, SHF is picturesque and really did not require much decorating has it boasts luscious greenery and flowers, a gorgeous fountain, and a gazebo and pier to the Bay. Because it is owned by Harford County, there are rules and regulations we had to follow, however that did not deter any of our planning - it actually made things simpler. We were fortunate to have perfect weather on our day, but in the event that there was inclement weather, there is the option to have the ceremony under the tent where the reception is held which was also a selling point for us as mid-Atlantic weather tends to be bi-polar at times and we weren't sure what kind of weather we would have. Additionaly, working with Karen made it very easy to plan our wedding as she was very responsive, at our meetings she was clear and concise in helping me to organize things with the other vendors, and really was a pleasure to work with. SHF was the perfect location and Karen was pivotal in helping me plan a beautiful wedding there - thank you!

Sent on 06/18/2012
  • Shan112484

Shannon · Married on 05/12/2012

Swan Harbor Farm is beautiful!!! I had my ceremony and reception at Swan Harbor and could not be happier with my selection. The setting is perfect for a wedding, the Chesapeake Bay is a gorgeous backdrop for photos. The large tent with the brick flooring for the reception is perfect for a wedding. The home itself is historical and no-one can deny its charm. Karen (the wedding coordinator) is sweet, receptive and professional. She was always willing to help with any details or questions. My guests were amazed at the beauty of Swan Harbor...and so was I.

Sent on 05/30/2012
  • PrincesaKim

Kim · Married on 07/03/2011

I honestly couldn't have found a better place to have my wedding! The staff was amazing, and I loved knowing that I could (try to) sit back and relax and know that everything would go smoothly. The house and the water make the perfect backdrop for an outdoor wedding, and you're able to have some shade by having the ceremony under the beautiful, large tree. You should definitely check out Swan Harbor if you want an outdoor wedding!

Sent on 07/21/2011

Barbara · Married on 07/03/2011

If you want your wedding and/or reception to be held outdoors, then I highly recommend Swan Harbor Farms. It sits on the Chesapeake Bay in Havre de Grace, and the grounds are absolutely beautiful. From the stately home built in the 1700s, to the floral gardens, to the Bay, there are amazing backgrounds for the perfect wedding pictures. Karen was extremely helpful and quick to answer any question we had. Mention Swan Harbor Farm to anyone who has been there, and you will always hear how beautiful the location is for a wedding/reception.

Sent on 08/11/2011
  • JRuthie61011

Jenny · Married on 06/10/2011

My husband and I were married on 6.10.11 at swan harbor farm. We worked with Karen Tegges during the planning process and she was wonderful to work with. The property is owned by Harford County so they definitely make strides to maintain the integrity of the property. The grounds were beautiful the staff was delightful and accomodating. They have done so many events and you can tell by the staffs experience and how they handle you and your guests. We worked with Atlantic Caterers who is also fabulous and they are preferred caterer of Swan Harbor farm. The venue has a full kitchen which also makes it great for whichever caterer you may use. It was a lovely event and Swan Harbor Farm was eveyrthing we hoped for and more.

Sent on 08/22/2011

Krystal · Married on 05/15/2011

I absolutely loved Swan Harbor Farms! My husband and I were looking for an outdoor venue that could provide us with an alternative in the case of inclement weather. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and replanted as the weather changes, so there are always flowers blooming! We had to do very little decorating because of the natural beauty of the grounds. Karen, the coordinator, was great to work with! The staff was also very friendly and helpful.

Sent on 06/24/2011

Beth · Married on 10/30/2010

This place is absolutely gorgeous! Also it is great for any size wedding! Karen and Craig were great to work with. They were extremely professional and had a great amount of knowledge and experience when it came to wedding coordinating/planning. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/14/2010

Kimberly · Married on 10/10/2010

I was LUCKY enough to be able to book Swan Harbor after my original venue cancelled on us. Karen was so flexible and supportive throughout our entire planning process. My husband & I are both military and constantly deployed. I planned a large portion of our wedding from Afghanistan and then the last couple months I was in Arizona. She made this process seamless for us. Things work in mysterious ways & the cancellation of my first venue was a blessing in disguise, I would not have wanted to have my special day anywhere else!!!!

Sent on 02/06/2011
  • F

Lauren · Married on 09/24/2010

When we visited Swan Harbor Farm nearly 2 years before the date of our planned wedding, we fell in love with it. Karen Tegges, the Event Coordinator, was very helpful and friendly which made the selection process that much easier.
    We are very glad we found SHF as soon as we did because the venue books up as much as 2 years in advance. You have to act fast to get the date you want.
    The value for the cost of SHF is excellent. Several people commented that our wedding felt like a movie or a dream based on the scenic outdoor view. It was everything we imagined.
    I can't say enough positive things about this venue and how much we love it! :-)

Sent on 10/18/2010

lindsay · Married on 08/27/2010

I LOVE swan harbor! This was the third venue my husband and I looked at it. Within 5 minutes, we were sold. The house, grounds, and view are gorgeous!! Everything is kept up with really well and the staff are great. Karen was very helpful and answered all of my questions promptly and kindly! She was always there to listen, calm me, and answer everything I asked. Every guest said that the place was breath taking and one of the nicest weddings they had ever been to. I cant wait to have a reason to host something else here. The staff and grounds were amazing, and my day was perfect!!!!!!

Sent on 09/09/2010

Martina · Married on 08/13/2010

I absolutely loved Swan Harbor. This was the first and only venue we looked at and we were sold before we even got out of the car. The staff was great and highly organized. It is a great place for a quite outdoor wedding with great scenery and easy for out of towners to get to.

Sent on 09/21/2010

danielle · Married on 06/19/2010

Swan Harbor Farm was the most beautiful place in the world. We had about 190 guests under the tent for an evening wedding in June. I have never heard so many compliments in my life. It was breath taking. I was a nervvvvvvous WRECK about the weather that day, and guess what...IT RAINED..and I am STILL saying i wouldn't have changed a single thing!!! I had umbrellas there just in case. It was an evening thundersorm that rolled by SECONDS after the ceremony and ended just in time for cocktail hour. It actually cooled everything off and made it even more pleasant! Karen is an Angel! She is such a sweetheart to work with! She is professional but yet has such a big heart for the bride and her big day! There are tons of rules, but nothing that you wouldn't expect and every one has logic behind them. Karen DOES work with you if you need to drop off decor early that day, etc. I reccomend the ceremony on the walkway, not under the tree. Every pic of our ceremony has the bay and gazebo in the backround and it is BEAUTIFUL! So, So, So GORGEOUS.

Sent on 06/29/2010