Sutography Photo and Video Reviews

Sutography Photo and Video 6
Sutography Photo and Video 7
  • Lynette

Lynette · Married on 09/29/2018

True talent! amazing work and professionalism

My husband and I were so impressed with holly and mat. They both knew what they were doing and captured every moment and then some. I highly highly recommend them for weddings and/or any type of photography you need done!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Sutography Photo and Video's reply:

What a day girl! We had a blast with you two and it means the world to us that you both are so happy with working together! Cheers!

Sara · Married on 09/02/2018

The perfect dream team!

Holly and Mat are AMAZING to work with! We did both our engagement photos and wedding photos withe Sutography and all of them turned out amazing.

The captured the essence of our relationship perfectly and they are so easy to work with. I loved the quality of the photos because they weren't overly touched up and every moment in the photos seemed so authentic.

Holly is a dream to work with how detail oriented she is and her questions helped me put together the perfect wedding timeline and they are so efficient that we were EARLY with our schedule the day of our wedding and we still got all the friends and family pictures we wanted! Their level of quality is amazing and I ended up having over 1,000 pictures from our wedding day that were neatly organized by event. All our family and friends have raved about how our photos turned out and with a judgmental Asian family that is saying a lot.

We can't thank Mat and Holly enough for their amazing work and giving us the perfect pictures to help us relive the best day of our lives. ❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 01/21/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 09/01/2018

Stunning moments captured

What a stellar couple Holly and Mat are! From the first meet up to the delivery of our wedding photos was nothing less than perfect. I loved that they were so flexible with what we wanted as we did not want the whole wedding filmed but just the ceremony and our first dance and that helped us greatly with our budget. The photos are stunning and terrific quality. What stands out to me the most was their attention to detail. My dog, who was my ring bearer, passed away just weeks before the wedding so I placed his dog tag on my boutique on the wedding day. When I got the pictures back I started crying because I saw that Holly had caught the dog tag on my flowers and got several great pictures. That meant the world to me.

Sent on 12/12/2018
    Sutography Photo and Video 8
    Sutography Photo and Video 9
    Sutography Photo and Video 10
    Sutography Photo and Video 11

Sutography Photo and Video's reply:

Alex, thank you so so so much for your amazing review, it made our day! And it meant the world to both of us to be part of this journey with you two and we totally understood how much every detail meant to you both! Thanks again!
  • JC

JC · Married on 08/04/2018

Detailed oriented team

Holly asks the right questions to gauge your interest so that both of them can visualize how you envisioned your wedding day down to the details. She even looked up what time the sunset would be on our day and recommended where to get extra videography done because we hired an outside photographer. Communication is efficient and contracts are handled electronically. Our wedding party lost one party (BM, GM) a few weeks prior and I am glad Holly jumps right in to execute as a new MOH needed direction. Week of she sent a final timeline of how things would be handled in the bridal suite so that MOH/BM cannot throw in any surprises (i.e. cry, walk out of suite, call their SO, complain, etc). -- I made sure to hang this timeline up so that everyone understood the importance of time/hours slotted for vendors. If you review her TIPS and read her supplemental info via contracts, these pointers will help you manage bridal anxiety/stress. I like that Matt is low-key and tends to hide in the background, while Holly is very soft hearted but gets things done w/the bridal party. I had one flower girl and ring bearer, and Holly complimented in how well behaved they were given the day logistics. I am glad that Holly & Matt are well-versed in Asian wedding logistics which streamlined the reception process. Video was ready to go from start to end of day, and always one step ahead that we were ahead of schedule all day. Honestly, this video team along w/my outside photographer really kept me sane as both vendors gelled well together -- and most importantly, are the 2 vendors whom are with you all day. The videos were finished around the holidays which was a nice surprise to show our families, and she also sent a nice gift! PS: we got a few ring photos from Holly as our photographer forgot to take shots of our wedding rings, so consider that as a bonus and how well organized Holly & Matt run their business. I am glad to have supported and hired them for our videographer needs.

Sent on 04/23/2019

Emily · Married on 07/22/2018

Such a great team! They kept our day on track and flowing, and I just loved working with them! They make everything so easy and made my wedding magical!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Becca · Married on 06/05/2018

If you want the very best wedding photographer in California, hire Sutography - Holly and Mat are beyond awesome! My husband and I are both thrilled with the incredible pictures they took at our wedding and the amazing album they created for us. Our album is so unique, dynamic, and full of love and happiness. It is a perfect memory of the best day of our lives.

Hiring Sutography as our photographer is one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Holly and Mat worked nonstop for seven hours to capture every special moment of our wedding.

Holly has always been a pleasure to work with - before, during, and after our wedding. Every time I called or emailed her, she always responded immediately.

We are so grateful to Sutography for creating our spectacular wedding album that we will treasure forever!

Sent on 08/14/2018
    Sutography Photo and Video 12

Trina · Married on 06/04/2018

Mat & Holly are the dream team. They are so talented and detail oriented that our day was captured so beautifully! Whether you are having a small wedding of just 50 (like us) or a wedding of 300, they will cater to you and your vision. If you don't have a vision-they can certainly help with that too! I was a little in between, knew what I wanted for some things and other things, I hadn't thought about. Wedding planning is so overwhelming, so for anyone looking for their perfect photographer/videographer, you found them :) Thank you so much Mat & Holly! -Trina & Mike

Sent on 09/09/2018
    Sutography Photo and Video 17
    Sutography Photo and Video 18
    Sutography Photo and Video 19

Sutography Photo and Video's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review! IT means the world to us that we could be part of your day and help with the planning! Cheers to you and your hubby!

Andrew · Married on 05/27/2018

INCREDIBLE! My wife and I are so glad that we hired Sutography as our engagement and wedding photographers. They went over and beyond in every category: beautiful photos, great communication, extremely professional.

It was really worth hiring highly experienced photographers because they were able to direct traffic at the wedding to make sure that we got all the photos that we needed in a timely manner. They really care about customizing their service to fit your needs by making sure that they capture every little detail that you want. They were extremely knowledgable and helpful in the preparation process to make sure everything went smooth on the big day.

Having 2 photographers was great because they were able to capture each moment from different angles and different lenses. They are fun and easy to work with and made us feel confident and comfortable. I love their artistic eye and the style that they edit the photos. Every photo that they gave us was in focus and perfectly shot with great lighting.

Stop stressing over who to choose and just hire them right now. You'll be glad you did!

Sent on 09/09/2018
    Sutography Photo and Video 20
    Sutography Photo and Video 21
    Sutography Photo and Video 22

Sutography Photo and Video's reply:

You two are incredible and it means the world to us that we were part of your engagement and wedding day! You both exude such amazing energy and we feel so lucky to see the love you both have for each other, your family and living life! Cheers to you both!

Julius · Married on 05/12/2018

Me, my family and friends were BLESSED to have Sutography document our wedding day! The communication from day one met our needs and Holy never made us worry about one thing in preparation leading up to the big day. Prices were very reasonable and the outcome was great! Very professional methods used in their business. Mat and Holy, with addition to Angela as the 2nd photographer, did a phenomenal job in capturing beautiful pictures and video footage! It all brings us back to the day so clear! Not only did they offer a service...but they offered their love in making sure we had fun and remained relaxed! Even had fun with us! They will always be apart of our family and we love them for being so genuine, professional, talented and overall a pleasure to work with. Sutography Weddings helped in a HUGE way to make our wedding day PERFECT! And we still keep in contact to this day! Family for LIFE!

Sent on 09/20/2018
    Sutography Photo and Video 23
    Sutography Photo and Video 24
    Sutography Photo and Video 25
    Sutography Photo and Video 26
    Sutography Photo and Video 27
    Sutography Photo and Video 28

Grant · Married on 04/14/2018

When planning a wedding, it can become overwhelming with all the decisions you suddenly have to start making. My wife and I decided that investing in a Photographer and Videographer was our top priority since we knew wedding days can fly by in a blink of an eye, we didn’t want to miss one moment! We wanted experienced professionals to capture all of the special moments for everlasting memories to reflect upon. After reviewing Holly and Mat Sutor’s portfolio at Sutography, we were so impressed with the quality, beauty, and creativity that this married dynamic duo brings to the photography and videography industry! The first time we met Holly and Mat was during our engagement photoshoot where they made us feel so comfortable with the entire process. Holly was amazing directing us while taking photos and clearly communicating what we should be doing while also asking for our insight. Mat has such a unique way of capture video behind the scenes of not only using us as the focal point, but taking in consideration the surrounding sights, sounds, and environment. It was such an enjoyable experience that we were convinced that this was the perfect match for us heading into our wedding day.

Holly and Mat were very clear and proactive when it came to communicating the agenda and time schedule for us to follow on our wedding day. This was an enjoyable collaborative process because we were able to get their insight on time management from all of the prior weddings that have done prior. They were very punctual showing up to multiple locations and coordinating perfectly with our wedding planner. This made our special day very stress free since we were never blindsided by any unknown factors. Holly is full of positive energy and a fantastic photographer. She edited our photos to perfection and organized them in a manner that was easy to review digitally from our computer. As a skilled videographer, Mat was able to implement and edit such amazing details into our final video!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Judy · Married on 03/17/2018

When it came time to picking a photographer for our wedding, there was only one company that I knew we had to book, Sutography. I first met Holly and Mat back in 2008, when they photographed my brother’s wedding. The professionalism, excitement, and creativity blew me away. Then in 2013, I was fortunate to meet up with them again when they photographed my sister’s wedding. Just when I thought their work couldn’t get any better, they blew everyone’s expectations out of the water. Holly and Mat’s pictures were gorgeous.

I immediately called Holly when my husband and I got engaged in 2017; there was no one else I wanted to work with to document our big day. From day one, they ensured that all our questions are answered and made everything easy for us. All communications were answered in a timely manner. Their pre-wedding day survey allowed for us to make sure that we were getting every picture that we wanted. They even made our day of timeline, which was perfect and made everything run smoothly..

A week before the wedding, our city experienced some heavy rain with most of the area flooded. Holly and Mat worked with us to ensure we would be able to get pictures in the location that we wanted. They checked out other locations and came up with a perfect back up plan. On the day of the wedding, we were to experience heavy rain, they consistently checked the weather and were flexible.

They took over 1600 beautiful pictures of our wedding and we got to keep every one of them! Each and every single picture was gorgeous. To help make our wedding album, they had an easy to use to worksheet. It assisted us in picking the perfect photos for our album as well as our two parent books.

Sutography is everything that you need! My husband and I are so glad we worked with them!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Holly Helms · Married on 11/04/2017

Amazing and talented

I can’t say enough great and amazing things about our experience with Sutography. Holly and Matt are awesome and they made both our engagement session and our entire wedding experience the best ever. To start off, they made us feel so comfortable taking our engagement photos. It was an experience full of fun and laughter. Our pictures were perfect and we had so many options! Our wedding day with Holly and Matt was equally as amazing. They took such beautiful pictures that we will treasure forever! And we have so many to enjoy! Our wedding video was beyond perfect and I love watching it over and over. I highly recommend using them. They will make your special day perfect!

Sent on 12/14/2018
    Sutography Photo and Video 29
    Sutography Photo and Video 30
    Sutography Photo and Video 31
    Sutography Photo and Video 32
    Sutography Photo and Video 33
    Sutography Photo and Video 34

Sutography Photo and Video's reply:

Thank you so much for this review Holly, it means the world to us that we were able to be part of your and Stephen's big day! We will never forget it!

Samantha · Married on 10/08/2017

Holly and Mat were one of our best vendor decisions of our wedding!! There are so many decisions to made during the planning process, but my husband (fiancé at the time :)) felt instantly comfortable when we talked to Holly and Mat and shared what we were looking for in our wedding photography. They were flexible, accommodating, easy to talk to, organized and professional! I LOVED the Sutography Planning Workbook that Holly sent in order to get detailed information about the entire ceremony, timeline, our background/story, family, special requests, etc. It was very comforting knowing that Holly and Mat were organized and prepared, so I didn’t have to worry about any of those details. We did an engagement session with them as well and I would highly recommend that to anyone and everyone! First of all, we got a ton (over 300!) of amazing Save-the-Date photos out of it to send to all of our guests and we got to see how Holly and Mat work in action! We spent a few hours with them that afternoon and developed a friendship that I think enabled us to be even more prepared, excited and ready for our big wedding day pictures! It helped to get to know Holly and Mat before our big day so it eased any unnecessary stress. It was really fun to work with a couple who is so passionate about what they do! We received SO many beautiful images from our engagement sessions and wedding day (over 1,800!). They captured everything we could have imagined from our special day and more. Holly and Mat are both very detail oriented which I greatly appreciated. I especially noticed this characteristic with Holly as she would make sure my hair/bangs were just in the right place for a shot or my veil wouldn’t be flying awkwardly in the wind, etc. Holly ensured everything was perfect. They were an absolute pleasure to work with and our family and friends still praise our wedding photography to this day! Best decision ever :)

Sent on 10/02/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

Holly and Mat are the best: easy to work with, personable, timely, AND they know what they're doing. I am incredibly glad we chose them as our engagement and wedding photographer/videographer. They kept us on track all day, they took pictures we wanted and not the fluff that we didn't, and Holly is extremely organized. (She will basically tell you and everyone else what to do, and I mean that in the nicest and most flattering way possible.) Photos and videos are SO important when it comes to your wedding; I would recommend Sutography to anyone and everyone. Thanks Holly and Mat!

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Sutography Photo and Video 35

Joanna · Married on 09/02/2017

Mat and Holly did an amazing job with our wedding videography! They showed up ready to make sure we got all of the details of our wedding captured perfectly. They blended in seamlessly with the wedding guests and were courteous and professional. They made us feel at ease and comfortable during the whole day. Thank you for helping us remember our day forever!!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Kristina · Married on 07/15/2017

Holly & Mat are true professionals and a joy to work with from the moment you first talk to them.They are so thorough in their planning, capturing the full list of shots you want, offering expert advice and being very realistic with you as they map out a detailed timeline for the day. They also think of everything. For example, I got married on a Saturday in July in La Jolla...talk about a potential traffic nightmare! They brainstormed multiple back up plans just in case an area might be too crowded for photo taking. On the day of, they were so fun to work with and made the entire wedding party feel at ease. They got as many shots as they could while ensuring we stuck to the timeline. Anyway, enough about how amazing they are with logistics. Their work is also incredible!!! We LOVE the variety and quality of our photos, and we LOVE being able to relive our wedding day with the full length video. Their work is truly priceless.

Sent on 01/26/2018

Laura · Married on 07/08/2017

They are such a great team! My pictures came out so beautiful! I can't even express how much their work means to me. My husband and I defiantly recommend them and will most likely use them for any other photo shoot we have. It was defiantly a good investment ! Hire them! You won't regret it!! They are the best

Sent on 10/15/2017
    Sutography Photo and Video 36

Kendall · Married on 03/11/2017

We hired Sutography to do both our engagement photos and wedding photos. It was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. Holly & Mat are so easy to work with and all of our pictures came out very beautiful and vibrant looking. They were very professional and knew exactly what needed to be done to get the best looking shots. Don't hesitate to go with them for your photography needs, they are total pros and you won't be disappointed! We are still getting rave reviews from family and friends about the great photography.

Thank you Holly & Mat for making our engagement and wedding day so memorable! We cherish all of our pictures and are so happy with them.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Geneva · Married on 09/24/2016

Holly and Matt are everything you would hope for in a photography/videography duo. Holly truly goes above and beyond for you and her level of detail is truly amazing! We were planning the wedding across the country and she even went to check out lighting for first-look, etc and scouted locations for us. She had great suggestions when it came to all aspects of the wedding and was a great support system to us when planning. On the day of, she was calm and collected even when our timeline got a bit off. They are both truly joys to work with, take amazing photos and are well worth the price! If you are looking for photography and videography that will capture your special day perfectly, go with Sutography! Could no recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 10/20/2016
  • Sept10-4ever

Rachel · Married on 09/10/2016

I can't say enough great things about our experience with Sutography! Holly was truly a partner in planning. She asked great questions, listened to what I really wanted and came up with great recommendations and suggestions. Both her and Matt are professional, and do great work. They aren't afraid to jump in the bushes or scale rocks on the beach to get a great shot. On top of the responsiveness and quality of their work, they are both just a pleasure to work with and be around which is SO important! Being around them felt like we were hanging with friends, which really reflected in our shots as we both felt relaxed in what could be a very stressful and awkward moment - taking a gazillion photos on the most important day of your life. Can't say enough great things.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/29/2016

My husband and I booked Sutography for our wedding at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station. We fell in love with their gallery of highlight videos and knew that we wanted Mat and Holly to capture the moments of our special day. We love their cinematic style and the way they capture the atmosphere and energy of the day that makes the audience feel as if they were actually at the wedding.
    From the start, Mat and, especially, Holly have been very responsive and professional and were exceptionally attentive to our wants and needs. They collaborated well with our photographer and wedding planner to capture all our wedding day moments and special requests. Wedding days can get a bit crazy with multiple things happening at the same time, but Mat and Holly have an amazing team approach which allows them to capture every detail (i.e., greeting our guests at each table during dinner).
    We could not have asked for better videographers. They incorporated our song requests and edited our highlight and full-length videos. And we cannot be happier with how the videos turned out. I highly recommend Sutography to capture your next special moments!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Kim · Married on 06/25/2016

Holly and Mat are amazing! They are so organized and were so helpful before, during, and after our wedding. I can't say enough great things about them! They are professional and really know their craft. We purchased photos and videos and I couldn't be more pleased with the finished product. They also did our engagement session and were super helpful with tips and location suggestions. They were prompt and gracious with answering all my questions and really put my mind at ease amidst all the planning craziness. I knew they had everything under control. I can't say enough great things about them!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Kristen · Married on 06/10/2016

Holly and Mat are the ultimate dream team for BOTH photo and video (which is such a rarity in this industry!). It made my life so much easier as a bride to have both things taken care of by this duo who work amazingly well together and make it stress-free. Holly is super skilled at giving direction to be sure that you get the best photos of your day (even when the bridal party is a little rowdy), and Mat created a video that we will cherish forever...and that we still watch all the time! They're extremely professional, and it's also quite evident how much they truly care about capturing your experience. Their work is stunning, and they couldn't have been easier to work with. Can't say enough wonderful things! Thank you, Holly and Mat!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Tory · Married on 05/28/2016

They are so dedicated to their craft and they want you to be beyond pleased and happy. They are so kind and considerate and go above and beyond to make sure that every moment and detail is captured. We were completely blown away by the quality of their work. Our wedding pictures are better than we could have ever imagined. But, we knew the moment, we talked to Holly on the phone, to discuss the details of our wedding, that we had chosen the best photographers out their. Just book them!!:)

Sent on 10/06/2016