Susan's Catering Reviews

38 | Nashville, TN

38 Reviews for Susan's Catering

Debbie Poole · Married on 05/25/2019

Poole Wedding

Foos was amazing. We had over 200 guest and heard over and over again how good the food was.

Susan is wonderful to work with. Her and her staff were so sweet and willing to go out of there way to make sure both the presentation and service was perfect.

I will use her and recommend her over and over again!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Susan's Catering's reply:

Thank you Debbie. It was a pleasure and honor to cater Lauren's wedding and I so enjoyed working with her from beginning to end.

Lauren · Married on 05/25/2019

Miracle Worker/Wedding Caterer

I highly recommend Susan's Catering! I was BEYOND clueless when I started the wedding planning processes but Susan was with me every step of the way. She even stuck through a venue change, major guest count change, and a date change--all within a few months of the wedding. She was so helpful in making choices and helping with the logistics of the event. No doubt about it, Susan's experience in the wedding business will make you feel at ease! Not to mention, her food is DELICIOUS and so creative. Cannot say enough good things about Susan and her team!!!! Thanks again!!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Susan's Catering's reply:

Lauren , I’m so glad that I could be of service to you and walk with you throughout the planning process of your wonderful wedding! It was my honor and my pleasure. Best wishes in your future!

Corey Simmons · Married on 10/27/2018

Everything we wanted and more!

I wanted to extend my gratitude for your catering of our wedding. You really made it a special day for us! All of the food was amazing and it was staged and presented better than I could have imagined. You really made us feel like you understood our style and what we were hoping for and really delivered, even with our planning changing so much. Your staff was friendly and attentive, everything we could have hoped for.

Anyways I just want you to know how much we appreciated everything. We will definitely be recommending you to our friends!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Susan's Catering's reply:

Thank you Corey. You and Amberly were a dream team to work with and I was honored to be part of your special day!

Connie Shafer · Married on 10/07/2018

Perfect In Home Catering

We recruited Susan's Catering for an in-home event the day prior to my daughter's wedding in October. We had between 50 and 60 guests.
    Susan was prompt in communicating with me and my endless questions. She was very flexible in coming up with an affordable, Southern style menu.
    Susan's staff was very professional, friendly and were part of our family before the event was over.
    The food was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious.
    If I EVER need to cater an event again, I will call Susan.

Sent on 12/15/2018

Susan's Catering's reply:

Thank you Connie. It was my pleasure working with you and meeting your family. You certainly did make us feel like family!

Jessica · Married on 06/16/2018

I can't say enough positive things about Susan! She went above and beyond what we expected from a caterer. Not only did she provide amazing food and staff (both of which we got lots of compliments on!), she also gave us more general advice during the wedding planning process. An absolute pleasure to work with!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Caroline · Married on 05/26/2018

Susan was wonderful to work with, from start to finish. She was very helpful (and flexible) in the planning process. Day-of she worked well with my DOC, and the team that she brought was so polite and attentive. Our guests continue to rave about her food!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Christina · Married on 04/14/2018

We are so happy with our decision to use Susan for our wedding! She was wonderful to work with and her food is outstanding. You won’t regret your decision to use her!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Martha · Married on 04/14/2018

Susan and her staff were wonderfu! Everyone commented on how delicious the food was and there was plenty of it! We were very impressed and would highly recommend her for all your events.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Cannon · Married on 11/03/2017

Susan was awesome to work with and everyone loved the food!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/28/2017

Susan was an absolute dream to work with. Her ideas for the menu were creative and inventive, she was happy to work with a vegetarian option, and she involved herself in our planning process more than most of our other vendors. We had plated dinner with a sit-to-salad, and everything about the service and presentation was excellent. The food was delicious, the wait staff was friendly and efficient - what I can say I have nothing but rave reviews! We also used Susan's staff for our bar service and they were wonderful as well. I would pick Susan's Catering over and over again, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Susan's Catering's reply:

Nichole and Ashley - Thank you so much for your confidence in me throughout this process. You were a dream team to work with.

Lynda · Married on 04/08/2017

Susan’s Catering worked with us to prepare and cater a wedding reception for our daughter that was truly a magnificent event. At the wedding, we received so many compliments from our guests regarding the friendly staff, efficient bartenders, and AMAZING food! We worked specifically with Susan and she went above and beyond to ensure that our guests were happy. From the planning process to the very end of our reception (and beyond!), Susan took care of every detail of our catering needs. I could not be happier that we went with Susan’s Catering and would highly recommend Susan’s Catering for your catering needs!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Susan's Catering's reply:

Thank you Lynda. It was s pleasure and honor to be part you your wedding team!

Emelyn · Married on 10/22/2016

Susan's Catering is amazing! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to have a delicious meal at their wedding and/or any other event! From the get go, working with Susan was a breeze. She helped us customize our wedding menu (so many awesome options available) and it couldn't have been any more perfect. Since we decided to have a minute to ourselves in between our ceremony and reception (which meant we would miss cocktail hour), they had a sample of all the passed apps waiting for us (with a drink!) in our private room. It was perfect! Our wedding buffet was set up beautifully and everything was absolutely delicious! After the wedding, I received numerous compliments on how delicious the food was. Some even saying it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. So true! Since we didn't get to eat much at our reception, Susan and her staff boxed up every single thing she served in labeled containers and sent us home with them in the cutest insulated tote bag! It was so nice to really get to enjoy our wedding meal all over again! She even made sure to send us home with every flavor of our cake!

Susan and her staff are seriously amazing. If I have any other large function again in my life, I will definitely be using Susan's Catering and can't recommend them enough to anyone looking for their wedding caterer!!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Susan's Catering's reply:

Thanks Emelyn. You were a dream bride and s pleasure to work with.

dena · Married on 10/22/2016

Use Susan's Catering as you will not have to worry about ONE THING! The food will be DELICIOUS, FRESH & ON TIME!
    People who attended my daughter's wedding recently are still raving about everything they ate.....also, Susan's staff is delightful, efficient & will pitch in & do whatever needs to be done with smiles on their faces.......

Sent on 11/01/2016

Susan's Catering's reply:

Thanks Dena:) you know it was my honor and pleasure to cater Em and Blake's wedding!

Donna · Married on 10/01/2016

Susan is easy to work with, has a wonderful attitude and has an expansive menu to choose from. She will accommodate any food desires. Her staff was professional and very pleasant. The food was delicious and her display was beautiful. I had thank you notes from guests saying how wonderful the food was at the wedding! I highly recommend Susans Catering!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Donna · Married on 10/01/2016

I had the benefit of having susans food over the years so I knew she was our caterer when my daughter got engaged. As a matter of fact, she was the first phone call and we planned the wedding on her availability. She is professional in every way. Her staff was amazing. And, I cant even count how many people said it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding! Truly, I got phone calls for a week afterwards wanting to know how she made this and that! You will not be disappointed with Susans Catering!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Helen · Married on 09/17/2016

Susan's catering was the best decision I made for my wedding. She is AMAZING! Her food is wonderfully delicious! I crave her homemade biscuits and balsalmic strawberry mint jam all the time! Susan, will you just open a restaurant?! Not only was her food wonderfully delicious, but she was so helpful in so many ways! Susan knows what she is doing and how to get it done right. If you are on the fence between a few caterers, Susan does NOT disappoint. I received so many compliments on our wedding food, and even at how fun and attentive the bartenders were from her company. At every corner, Susan went above and beyond.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Susan's Catering's reply:

Thank you Helen. So honored to have been your choice:)

Patty · Married on 07/30/2016

Susan's catering provides the personal attention that is very comforting when planning a wedding. Susan was able to handle the details that we requested with professionalism and genuine care for the results.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Susan's Catering's reply:

Thank you Patty. It was such a pleasure to work with you and an honor to be part of such a wonderful day.

Heather · Married on 07/30/2016

If i could give Susan's Catering 10 stars I undoubtedly would. From the moment we contacted Susan, she was nothing but professional, efficient, and a joy to work with. Since Nashville was the destination for our wedding, some aspects of planning were somewhat trickier to plan. Susan made this seemingly stressful part of the process nothing but a breeze. She arranged a private tasting at her house (including my wedding planner and a close friend since my fiancé was unable to make the trip) with every item we were considering adding to our menu- it was phenomenal. The moment we arrived she opened a bottle of prosecco and we ate a variety of appetizers. The dinner menu was amazing and Susan followed it up with homemade desserts even though she was aware we were probably leaning towards doing wedding cake from another vendor. She was truly the epitome of hospitable.
    Beyond that she was always timely in her email responses, phone calls, etc. On the wedding day, she and her team executed the catering without a hitch. MANY of our guests literally raved, "this is the best wedding food we have ever tasted!!" There is no doubt that the high quality of her catering and service is a reason our guests had such a great time. She also made sure my groom and I enjoyed the food and pre-packed everything from our buffet in to-go containers within an insulated bag that conveniently was in our getaway car from the reception. Susan and her team really thought of everything. If i lived in Nashville I would have Susan do any event that needed catering service. You absolutely cannot go wrong by choosing Susan's Catering!!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Susan's Catering's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Heather! It was an honor and pleasure to cater your wedding reception. Wishing you and Greg peace and blessings in your life together!

Kathy · Married on 05/26/2016

We did not want the typical average reception food. Susan's menu was just what the bride and groom wanted ! The food was amazing - as good as a high end restaurant. So many of our guests raved about the food. Just what we wanted to hear. The extra time spent providing to go plates was so appreciated by all. We were thrilled with Susan and her staff.

Sent on 09/23/2016

Susan's Catering's reply:

Thank you Kathy! It was my pleasure and honor to be a part of the team.

Lesley · Married on 04/23/2016

Susan's Catering was excellent for our daughter's wedding here in Nashville. From her insight, flexibility, staff, and the delicious menu/food, she truly enabled me to enjoy the wedding and not worry about a single thing. Susan's experience enables her to work with you and put together exactly what you want for YOUR event. After the wedding, we were still hearing kudos from our guests on the food!! Excellent choice for your catering needs. Many thanks from an MOB. :)

Sent on 11/19/2017

Rose · Married on 04/04/2016

Susan, and her staff, are very professional. Everything ran so smoothly and I received compliments from guests on the food that was served. I had lots of guests from the North and they loved the Southern touch. I knew, when Susan was booked for the catering, that everything would be perfect. And I was correct! Thank you for a memorable night!

Sent on 04/15/2016

Susan's Catering's reply:

Thank you Rose. It was such an honor to be able to cater Angela and Jeremy's wedding reception.

Matthew · Married on 02/20/2016

Susan and her staff did an exceptional job catering my rehearsal dinner. The food was perfect and her staff was always near by to help with anything we needed. We have used her on a few occasions for both large (80+) and small parties (20) and the results are always the same, excellent. I would definitely recommend her to anyone needing a caterer.

Sent on 03/02/2016

Darlene · Married on 01/17/2016

Susan's Catering provided the meal for our welcome party and it was phenomenal. Susan was a dream to work with, and she had no problems working with a handful of guests with special dietary needs. Her staff was incredibly personable and took great care of our guests with smiles. Susan also stayed within our budget, was on time and incredibly professional.

Sent on 02/07/2016

Andy · Married on 09/06/2015

Everything was wonderful. No complaints. Susan went out of her way to make sure we had food to take with us to the hotel as in the excitement of the reception we had little time to actually eat. It was very thoughtful.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Susan's Catering's reply:

Thank you Andy! It was a pleasure to work with you and your beautiful bride.

Susan

Jordan · Married on 09/06/2015

Susan's food and services were FANTASTIC! Everyone who attended the wedding raved about how good the wedding food was! We had passed appetizers of bacon wrapped dates ( my fav!!), mini cheeseburgers, crab cakes, and tomato sandwhiches...which were perfect!

For the main course, we had a buffet of two salads, pork tenderloin, sliced chicken, grilled vegatables, and twice baked smashed mashed potatoes! My husband is a pasta lover, so she even made him his favorite spicy arrabiata sauce as a side dish!

Susan even made sure to pack us a "to go " bag in our getaway car, full of leftovers from all the food at the wedding, because of course the bride and groom never get a chance to eat! It was perfect!!!!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Susan's Catering's reply:

Thank you Jordan. You and Andy were a pleasure to work with and I was honored to be chosen as your wedding caterer. Love having a new recipe to play with also!