Susan Aw || Professional Hair & Make-up Reviews

19 | Covina, CA

19 Reviews for Susan Aw || Professional Hair & Make-up

Yvonne · Married on 11/16/2013

Susan helped me, my sisters, and my mom for make up and hair. She has done a very good job. All of my friends and family love her works.

Youn Mee · Married on 10/26/2013

I love Susan! I was looking for a last minute hairdresser for my wedding and she actually moved a conflict of hers in order to free herself up for my event. She was completely flexible and accommodating with her time and drove to the site which was two hours away. She finished all the bridemaids' hair with ease, and it was all beautifully done. You can tell she was a natural. We never got to do a test for my own due to the time constraint and I received an overwhelming amount of compliments for my hair. One bridesmaid was an hour late for her appointment, and Susan never complained. I would recommend her to anyone and would use her again in a heartbeat. The quality of her work was excellent and her price point was extremely affordable for her excellent customer service. She was the easiest part of my entire wedding experience.

• User3612003 · 2+ years ago

Susan was great. She knew exactly which hairstyle went with all the bridesmaids dresses and we loved what she did with our hair. And the bride looked amazing, her hair and makeup was perfect.

Jennifer · Married on 10/05/2013

Susan did a great job on my hair. Not only did she do a great job... she really took into consideration the design and style of my dress. She made the hair complement the dress perfectly. I recently had a baby so my hair was thin and I had a ton of fly aways...you couldnt even tell, she made it look great. I would highly recommend Susan for Weddings or any event. She worked quickly and was able to complete three brides maids, the bride (Her hair was BEAUTIFUL), and the flower girl.

• Waishan

Waishan · Married on 10/05/2013

When it comes to hair and make up, I have a really hard time describing what I want. And sometimes, my expectations are unrealistic. For example, I'll show a picture of Jessica Alba and expect the person to make me look like her. So I need who can tell me honestly if the look i'm asking for will work on me. And Susan does. She will listen to what you want and make it even better then you imagined. She's more than just a person who does hair and make up. She's an artist! I highly recommend her. Aside from her talent, she is also very easy to work, super patient, on time and she uses quality make up! None of that rite-aid BS. Thank you Susan for making me feel and look beautiful on my big day and of course for putting up my bridezilla behavior ;)

• User3619111 · 2+ years ago

Susan was amazing! She can take one look at you and the outfit you are going to wear and design a hairstyle that is perfect! I never know what hairstyle I want, so to have someone who knows exactly what is best is hard to find! She is the best hairstylist I've ever had.

Susan was the perfect stylist! I couldn't have asked for better on this special day. Her personality really helped the mood of the day, since I was so stressed out she really helped me get relaxed and just put me in the right mind set to enjoy the big day. I'll never forget the music she put on while we were all getting made up, it made me feel like my best girlfriends and I were getting ready for a night out and it was just fun and easy going. She was professional and very organized by putting together a schedule for me and my bridesmaids to get our hair and make up done in time for the ceremony. I really enjoyed the consultation we had before hand where I brought some ideas and she also made some complementary suggestions that I would have never thought of but worked so well with the rustic theme of my wedding. I've never felt prettier in my life, and she did an amazing job on my bridesmaids as well. I totally recommend her work to any bride out there looking for a stylist.

Eva · Married on 11/17/2012

Susan and her team did an awesome job on our wedding day for me and my bridal party. Susan did my hair and make up - not only was she professional, well-stocked with all the right gadgets, tools, and hair & make up galore, but she did an amazing job on both my hair and make up. I don't typically wear a lot of make up so I was a little gun shy about being done up and Susan made sure I was comfortable with everything. She really helped me feel like a bride that day and I got tons of compliments on the hair and make up alone. Without hesitation, I would definitely recommend Susan and her team to anyone needing bridal services.

Catie · Married on 10/06/2012

Susan is amazing and she has a great team of girls. I have known Susan for years, and always knew that she would be the one to make me beautiful on my wedding day. Susan personally did my hair and make up for my wedding and I literally have never felt as beautiful as I did on that day.

She is easy going, yet honest. I would highly recommend Susan to anyone who wants a professional hair and makeup artist with amazing talent and a great personality.

For my bridesmaids, it was the first time some of them had ever gotten their hair and makeup done. Whether it was done by Susan or her team, my bridesmaids couldn't have been happier.

Sean P · Married on 10/06/2012

Susan & her staff were excellent. There was communication in advance, they were on time and professional and were flexible to all of our needs. The entire wedding party and Bride's and Groom's moms were just beautiful when they were finished with us.
    I would use them anytime and recommend the without hesitation to anyone for an event!!

Rhiana · Married on 10/06/2012

All three were wonderful. I was extremely happy with the results.

Dana · Married on 10/06/2012

I rarely have someone else do my hair and makeup because the few times that I have had it done, I wasn't happy because I didn't feel like I looked natural or like myself. Susan and her team were so amazing. I LOVED my hair and my eye makeup was amazing. She is very talented.

Trudy · Married on 09/29/2012

Susan is wonderful! She was recommended to me by my fiance and his cousins! Susan did their cousin's makeup for her wedding and I didn't know at the time. When I look back, I remember the bride's makeup was gorgeous. It is a bit odd to have a bunch of boys recommend a MUA but I'm extremely happy I decided to go with Susan. She's nice, professional, and was on-time for the trial and the wedding day. She was great when it came to communication, she replied to me emails and text messages quickly. During the trial, I told her I wanted braids and she was able to incorporate it in my hair. She gave me two different suggestions of braids and let me decided what looked better. Luckily, I picked the one she liked and we were all set! She explained to me why one look better than the other. I would recommend taking her suggestions because she will let you know what looks best with your face shape, along with your dress style, makeup, and hair accessories.

On the wedding day, Susan and her team arrived early and got everyone ready on time. Her team did hair and makeup for myself, my mother, and five of my bridesmaids. All I can say is that they all did a wonderful job on everyone! Everyone in my wedding party loved the work that was done on them. I didn't have to do any make up touch-ups for the rest of the day, and you have to consider we were all standing in the sun for the ceremony and it was a very hot day in Southern California.

It was a pleasure to share part of my special day with her.

Susan is very flexible and easy to talk to. She arrived early and finished in time. The services she provided is excellent. I received comments on how beautiful everyone looks.

yesenia · Married on 07/28/2012

Susan was AMAZING!! She was very professional and easy to get along with. She was a great listener and knew exactly the look I was going for! Thanks Susan!

Candace · Married on 05/05/2012

Susan is an amazing at what she does. She listen to exactly what I wanted for my hair and makeup. She's the best and I would trust her with any special day ;)

Diana · Married on 11/12/2011

Susan is absolutely amazing at what she does!! She did my hair and makeup on my wedding day and I was beyond happy with the results. My wedding was a whole day event, 17 hours long to be exact, so I needed my hair and makeup to last the whole day. Needless to say, it lasted the whole day and I didn't even need a touch-up! To this day, I still receive rave compliments from my wedding day and I have Susan to thank for that.

Lily · Married on 10/22/2011

I'm generally not very photogenic. Always feel like I don't quite look like myself in pictures. But Susan did such a wonderful job, I looked amazing (and all day)! Overall it was a perfect day and the best part was all the money that went to photographers were well worth it since they were able to get beautiful pictures due to the flawless hair and make up Susan did for me.

Over the years I've tried different places for hair and makeup. I've had some horrible trials. Susan by far understands how to make the bride look good and to the bride's taste. She was fabulous to work with. I couldn't be happier.

Jenny · Married on 06/02/2011

Susan's hair and make up for my wedding went far beyond my expectations!. She truly captured the feeling of my rustic yet elegant wedding in Tuscany, matching the ambiance and of course my wedding dresses. It was a destination wedding, and I live in Switzerland, so we discussed via email and Skype regarding the styles I liked. She was very communicative and helpful by emailing me hair styles and I told her which ones I liked. In the end though I knew she would do her best to make me look fabulous for my big day so I completely trusted her. What she did with my hair was magical, I still look at the photos and think that my hair looked too good to be true. Also, she adjusted my make up throughout the day to match the event. In the day it was lighter and fresh looking, while at night she put a bit more on to make me look ready for the late night party and also always remembered to freshen up the flowers used in my hair. That kind of detail was great and something I would not have thought of, but Susan was nothing short of professional and was such a wonderful support at my wedding. I would definitely recommend her to anyone!