Surroundings Floral Studio Reviews

47 | Schenectady, NY

47 Reviews for Surroundings Floral Studio

Paula & George Koutsakis · Married on 11/02/2019

A True Artist

Impossible finding the right words to describe the floral arrangements On, at Surroundings Floral Studio, created for our daughter’s November wedding! Sheer perfection, heavenly and breathtaking are a few that come to mind. During our first meeting, after a few questions to the bride, he put together an exquisite bouquet literally in minutes. He perfectly recreated it for the wedding and our daughter was overjoyed. On was so easy to work with and humbly accommodated our budget and changes. Bouquets and arrangements were bright and fresh, with big, bold, beautiful blooms! On is a floral genius, a gentleman and an artist with impeccable creativity. His vision of candles and flower arrangements brought softness, sparkle and luxury to the room while remaining tasteful and elegant. I truly will never forget the look of these flowers and the room. I remember someone telling me no one really notices the flowers... I beg to differ! Countless guests raved about the flowers and practically fought over who would take one of those giant creations home! Needless to say, we will be hiring him again.

Sent on 12/23/2019

Surroundings Floral Studio's reply:

To the Koutsakis Family,
    So grateful for these beautiful words! It's made all the hard work worth everything!!! I am and all of us at Surroundings honored to be a part of your family's special day and we thank you for the opportunity.
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 10/12/2019

Most beautiful flowers ever!

I could not have picked anyone else in the world to make my wedding flowers any more beautiful than they were. On Thai is AMAZING and we couldn’t have been happier with how our flowers turned out. He dropped the bridal and bridesmaid bouquets off at the hotel. I was getting my hair done at the time but as soon as my bridesmaids saw them they ran in to tell me they were the most beautiful flowers they’ve ever seen, and they were right. I showed him a picture of how I wanted the bouquets and he made them even better. He also did the prettiest arbor with flowers for our ceremony that I’ve ever seen. I was blown away when I arrived at the venue and saw it for the first time. I got so many compliments on the flowers and still am even after the wedding. He listened, was open to anything at all and delivered more than I could have ever dreamed of. Thank you so much On!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 10/05/2019

Gorgeous flowers, excellent service!

My husband and I were absolutely thrilled with the work On Thai and his team did for our October 2019 wedding. During our first meeting with On, I had a vague idea of what I wanted but had trouble articulating exactly what we were hoping for - On looked at my photos, made suggestions, and even mocked up a few test bouquets for visual reference. We met again just before the wedding for any last minute changes, etc. On was great at adapting to any changes like extra bouquets or additions within the arrangements! On is so knowledgeable, so kind, and you can tell he is incredibly passionate about what he does. The entire team over there works as a well oiled machine and just made us feel like we were in the best of hands for the big day. Our flowers were exactly what we were looking for, so beautifully crafted and wrapped up just so - we received loads of compliments from our guests! I would absolutely recommend Surroundings to anyone who is looking for a florist!

To the team - thank you so much for helping make our wedding vision come true!! We absolutely loved everything you did for us and appreciate your hard work so much!

Sent on 12/13/2019
  • kalie

kalie · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing experience

He was extremely understanding, knowledgeable and worked with us to find exactly what we were looking for. After we met twice he took it completely in his own hands and made the process painless. The wedding was perfect, and the flowers were out of this world more than we ever expected. People are still talking about the ballrooms flowers. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • F

FengY · Married on 09/15/2019

A devoted artist to turn ideas to a beautiful experience

We are so happy to work with Mr. On Thai at the Surroundings Floral Studio for our September brunch wedding. On is a talented artist with great passion. He has a warm heart and is very genuine. On is humble, and easy to work with. The flowers On prepared for us are fresh, beautiful and long-lasting. The decoration at the venue is elegant and unique. It is amazing how he turned our descriptive ideas to memorable reality.

In our initial consultation, On helped us understand and refine what we wanted for our occasion. With his knowledge and confidence, we right away knew we were in good hands. When the date approached, we met again to finalize some details. Each time, we received full attention, even though our budget is moderate.

On loves what he does. He was very excited for his first experience working with our venue. He took his time to visit and examine the site the day before our wedding, and further communicated with us on some details of the setup.

We had some last minute crisis in securing chairs for ceremony. When we were almost ready to call our local guests to ask them to drag lawn chairs to the celebration, On offered to seek some solution for us, and to our pleasant surprise he did it.

On showed great support and appreciation to our idea to add Chinese elements to the wedding decoration. He and his team picked up some decorating items from us when they delivered the bouquet and personal flowers in the morning. All pieces were beautifully put together. We received a lot of compliments from our guests on the flowers and special decoration at the venue.

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Danielle W.

Danielle · Married on 09/01/2019

You need On Thai in your life, pronto!!

On Thai is seriously THE best at what he does. His arrangements are stunning. He’s such a nice guy. Even after I changed my mind several times about what I wanted, he was still so positive. He’s willing to work hard for you. Check out his Instagram and you’ll see how hard he works for his couples. No other florist compares, in my opinion. My wedding looked so stunning because of On. You need Surroundings for your wedding!!!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 08/10/2019

Absolutely amazing!

On Thai is easily the most creative, hard-working florist there is!! He is extremely personable, is willing to go above and beyond to meet your needs and his finished product never ceases to amaze every single person who has the opportunity to see is work. He was able to transform a large tree into a beautiful work of art with flowers cascading down the tree trunk, paper lanterns hanging from tree branches ... it was truly breathtaking. People are still talking about it!! His vision is priceless. Our centerpieces were also a masterpiece. My bouquet was to die for. I couldn’t imagine working with anyone else on my wedding day. He hand delivered all of our bouquets, boutonnières and corsages the morning of my wedding before getting to work! He is so sweet, talented and a true pleasure to work with. You will truly not have to worry about a single thing when working with him, in fact he will exceed your expectations!!

On, thank you SO much for creating such beautiful designs for us on our wedding day. You provided us our dream wedding and I could never thank you enough for making my wedding day a dream come true!!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Rikki

Rikki Saperstein · Married on 07/20/2019

OMG! So Beautiful!

OMG! On and his team blew my mind with his flower arrangements! Everyone, and I mean everyone at the wedding could not stop talking about how beautiful the flowers were. We told him that we wanted a bright, fun, summer wedding and that is exactly what he delivered! It was absolutely stunning. Even on the hottest day of the year, the flowers never wilted. You would have no idea! Thank you On! Highly Recommend!!

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 05/25/2019

Flowers looked beautiful.

On did a wonderful job for our baseball theme wedding. It was a different then/style but On and his team hit this one out of the park for us. The flowers were incredible and he even through in some tulips since those are my favorite flower. Definitely recommend On and Surrounding for any floral arrangements needed

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Brown · Married on 01/07/2019

5 Stars is just not enough

As a fellow wedding vendor I adore working with On and his team at Surroundings. Right from the very first moment we start the process he is kind, compassionate, reliable, hard-working, determined, and creative. While they are all true artists all on their own I love watching On listen to his couples and help them discover the perfect bloom choices that will create their dream arrangement. 5 stars is not nearly enough to accurately describe the work On and the Surrounding Floral Studio team accomplishes! I am blessed each time I get to work with them.

Sent on 01/06/2020

Brooke · Married on 09/14/2018

On did amazing work, was so reliable, understanding and pleases every customer with exactly what they want out of their event. Thank you On!!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Annie · Married on 07/22/2018

On was so lovely to work with! I am very detail-oriented, and knew exactly how I wanted our wedding flowers to look, but wasn't sure I'd find a florist who could make my vision reality. On did just that - he provided the most beautiful bouquets, boutonnieres, and arrangements I have ever seen, and our guests were complimenting them the entire day. And the little flower girl's basket was oh-so-adorable! On is such a calm, kind person - perfect for any bride to work with, but especially for a worry-wart like me! Thank you, On, for helping to make our special day so, so beautiful!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Gabrielle · Married on 05/12/2018

Look no further for a wedding florist. On is not only the absolute nicest person I think I have ever come across, but he is the easiest person to work with. Saying my wedding planning process was smooth because of On is an understatement. He told me to send him all of my Pinterest boards and ideas and with this he was able to help me create my vision for my centerpieces and my bouquets and honestly nothing could have been better, everything was beyond perfect. As my wedding day was approaching in a few months, I met with On to go over things. Upon my arrival, he had an entire display of exactly what my centerpieces would look like. I was so shocked and so happy that I was seeing what my centerpieces were going to look like on my wedding day in person right there and then. It is one thing to talk about a vision, but to create it and see it is an entirely different ballgame- as soon as I saw my centerpieces, my mind was completely eased and I knew i had absolutely nothing to worry about. I had a problem with envisioning what my bridesmaids bouquets would look like. On quickly went in the back of his flower shop and in about 5 minutes came back out with an entire bouquet put together of the exact flowers I was envisioning. WOW- they were beautiful, and I couldn't believe he would do that for me right on the spot! My flowers showed up the day of BEAUTIFUL as ever and right on time. Seriously, I did not stress about my flowers at all & everything was more perfect than I could have ever imagined. On was such a pleasure to work with and he knows exactly what he is doing. On was also VERY respectful to my budget and was able to work with me around that. My friends and family were so impressed by how beautiful and perfect my centerpieces and bouquets were. You would be an absolute fool not to book On as your wedding florist, he is an absolute dream to work with and I promise you you are in good hands. Thank you On for giving me the most perfect and beautiful flowers ever!!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Nicole · Married on 11/18/2017

We worked with On at Surroundings Floral for our November wedding - On was a delight to work with throughout the whole planning process and our flowers were gorgeous! On was super responsive, flexible and easily understood the look we were going for and translated it beautifully for our wedding. On's depth of knowledge and passion for flowers made him a joy to work with - I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Tricia · Married on 09/23/2017

Hands-down the best florist in the area. Was happy to bring our vision to life. On Thai and his staff were so helpful and responsive throughout the planning process.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Ashton · Married on 09/23/2017

On from Surroundings Floral Studio was amazing and so accommodating! His knowledge and passion for his work truly shined through. He was willing to work around our budget (which we made changes to several times!) and his work is absolutely beautiful. Our focal point for the ceremony was GORGEOUS (I can't stop looking at pictures) and our centerpieces ar the reception truly transformed the ballroom and looked stunning. Absolutely recommend Surroundings to make your day look MAGICAL.

Sent on 09/29/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/16/2017

On is incredible ! Flowers for our wedding were absolutely stunning!!! I would recommend for 100% quality and professionalism..!!!!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Katrina · Married on 08/19/2017

On from Surroundings Floral Studio was amazing to work with. His knowledge and passion for his work truly shined on my wedding day. He was willing to work around our budget and his work is absolutely beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. It was wonderful working with On and we highly recommend Surroundings Floral Studio!

-Katrina and Michael Collopy

Sent on 08/22/2017
  • Macie

Macie · Married on 08/07/2016

We only had one meeting with Steve in which we gave him a few ideas about what we were going for but we were honestly very vague. I couldn't believe the flowers and decor of the venue when I saw them - somehow everything was perfect and exactly what we wanted. Absolutely one of the best decisions we made.

Sent on 09/18/2016

Alyssa · Married on 06/18/2016

Surroundings Floral Studio is incredible! On took our ideas and pictures of what we wanted for our big day and made them a reality! The flowers were breathtaking and the service was exceptional! On and his staff were there throughout our wedding to set up, move arrangements from the ceremony to the reception and take everything down the next day. We would recommend Surroundings to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Surroundings was simply amazing for our wedding, the flowers were stunning and On took our vision of muted pastels and simple elegance and transformed it into reality after one meeting. On is wonderful to work with, his relaxed confidence and humor ease the stress of planning. We received so many compliments on the beautiful archway, bouquets, boutonnières, and centerpieces and would recommend Surroundings for any occasion!

Sent on 06/12/2016

Alison · Married on 01/02/2016

I met with On Thai at a recommendation from a family friend. He is so sweet and I loved working with him! I went in to meet with him almost a year before my wedding and told him my ideas for mine and my bridesmaids' bouquets, and within about 30 seconds, he had pulled something together which was exactly what I was picturing! It was amazing. I had decided to just do personal flowers (no flowers at the ceremony or reception), but he did a beautiful job. The arrangements were stunning and were so well put-together. I would highly recommend working with On as it is easy to remain budget-friendly while still having beautiful flowers for your wedding.

Sent on 05/08/2016

Katherine · Married on 10/16/2015

We used Surrounding Floral on a recommendation from our Photographer and we couldn't have been happier. Surroundings floral gave us exactly what we wanted and everything was delivered on time and looked beautiful. I just wish our flowers would have lasted forever but our pictures will have to suffice. I would recommend this vendor to anyone getting married in the Albany/Troy/Schenectady area ( I don't know how far they deliver)

Sent on 01/27/2016
  • User5082058 · 2+ years ago

Steve worked with us for our wedding flowers. He was so flexible and even made us a sample of what our centerpieces would look like. It helps to bring in photos for reference, which we did. I highly recommend Surroundings!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Kelly · Married on 10/02/2015

I was an out of town bride. I found Surroundings Floral business card at the Saratoga bridal show. I was only in town for one weekend to get most of my vendors secured but didn't have luck with flowers. After speaking with On and reviewing his website I knew I was going to be very happy and on my day I was blown away by the arrangements, bouquets, wrislets, boutineers, ect. I had a last minute addition to my order that I emailed him at midnight with and he got it to us no problem! He also did our ceremony decor, including backdrop, aisle runner, and flowers in blue Saratoga bottles. It was more than I dreamed it would be! I highly recommend Surroundings Floral Studio. Thank you for making our day so memorable.

Sent on 04/09/2016