Surfside Ceremonies Reviews

64 | Venice, FL

64 Reviews for Surfside Ceremonies

• spoopy

Emery · Married on 10/07/2017

Mark was great to work with! He responded timely to my emails, and was able to help my husband and I with our vows and tweak the ceremony as necessary. He was extremely patient with all of my questions, and made sure that everything was perfect for our ceremony! Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Heather · Married on 10/15/2016

We would like to commend Mark on the wonderful job he did officiating our wedding. He included everything in the ceremony that was important to us and many of the guests commented on what a nice job he did helping us begin our future together with a beautiful wedding.

Sent on 01/10/2017

Seth · Married on 07/23/2016

We had a very informal; self written last minute service on Turtle Beach near Sarasota. He was so kind to accommodate every little request even last minute. Heven is kind, professional and a delight to work with. Certainly just what we were looking for!

Sent on 12/18/2016

Heather · Married on 07/23/2016

Willing to work with my every request. Even kind enough to research things in the area such as hair and flowers; so great as we were from Iowa and knew nothing of recommended places in the area! Friendly, fun and professional! Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Barb · Married on 05/04/2016

My fiancé and I decided we wanted a small beach wedding. We were renting a house on the Gulf in Florida for the Winter and thought that would be the perfect place. After researching the internet, we found Surfside Ceremonies. We met with Mark at a local coffee shop and felt an immediate connection. He was very open to our ideas, very flexible and very laid back. Even though the weather did not completely cooperate, the wedding was perfect! Mark took everything in stride and it was a fantastic, full of laughter and incredible memories!!!!!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Danielle · Married on 04/23/2016

Mark was a wonderful officiant. He has experience doing all types of weddings. He was happy to meet with us at a nearby restaurant before we even selected him as our officiant. He did a great job on our day and we couldn't have been happier. We would highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Gabrielle · Married on 04/19/2016

Rev. Mark was great!! He was the perfect for for our wedding!! I highly recommend him for any occasion!!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Brian · Married on 04/09/2016

It was an amazing ceremony and Mark did an exceptional job! We met with him initially and it was very confortable from hello! I'd recommend Surfside Ceremonies to anyone!

Sent on 12/24/2016

Alicia · Married on 04/09/2016

Mark showed a calm and interested demeanor while wedding planning and offered helpful suggestions when writing the ceremony. When speaking to another potential officiant she was showed no interest in speaking about what we were looking for and spoke about about cost. Day of Mark showed up on time with the chairs to set up, (we had rented from him out of ease). He spoke clearly, calmly, and pleasantly. We would highly recommend Mark to anyone looking for an officiant.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Luciana · Married on 03/03/2016

Mark was absolutely amazing to work with! He was very responsive, kind, and respectful during the entire process. He also was very open to any needs or requests we had and was a great help in creating our ceremony. We definitely recommend him!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Annette · Married on 02/15/2016

Mark did a wonderful job officiating and was very receptive to and implemented our personal ideas for the ceremony without hesitation.

Sent on 02/17/2017

Robert & IvaRae · Married on 12/22/2015

Mark Botschner performed our private wedding ceremony in Venice Dec 22nd at Blalock Pk , Gazebo. For us it was a perfect affair and we customized our small Ceremony Reading and Mark was very helpful and accommodating this ritual and readings "Making it Happen" He did such a wonderful job and we were so happy with everything. He was very helpful, supporting and professional. We wouldn't have wanted to change anything. Thanks Mark

Sent on 01/01/2016

Very professional and friendly. He helped us with finding the perfect location. Gave tips for organizing the event, and advice to help everything so as smooth as possible.
    His ceremony was eloquent and concise.

Sent on 12/30/2015

Mike · Married on 11/13/2015

Helped to make our special day easy and fun.

Sent on 01/07/2016

It was a a beatiful simple ceremony- just what we wanted 8

Sent on 01/10/2016

We met Mark before booking him. He was very easy to talk with, personable and open to our idea of what we would like our ceremony to be like. He communicated well, reminded us of what we needed to do from our standpoint (you know things get a little crazy come wedding time). He kept us on point and let us adjust the ceremony to our liking. We was flexible when the came to last minute change of plans as well. He didn't bat an eye when I was almost an hour late because I forgot some things, he spent that time mingling with family members and fit in with the guests perfectly. Couldn't have asked for a better day!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Robbin · Married on 10/24/2015

Mark was so sweet and flexible. So glad we found him!!

Sent on 01/07/2016

Elaine · Married on 10/17/2015

Mark was so relaxing and wonderful. We had a pretty difficult and elaborate custom ceremony we wrote and wanted Mark to perform and he totally got it and nailed the execution. He even helped edit and fix it to flow better and was very responsive and prepared even though I sent it to him pretty last minute. I was also so glad he had a calming demeanor because I'm sort've neurotic and he is a comforting presence when you're a bride!

I personally don't like overly boisterous phony preacher types that I've seen before and Mark was nothing like that, but if you're like me and want someone who is punctual, calm and super accommodating to your needs, he's totally your guy!

Sent on 01/02/2016

Karen and Robert · Married on 10/17/2015

We were planning a 15 year renewal of our vows. Mark was great he was there if i had a question and worked with us to give us the best renewal ceremony. He helped us pick the ceremony that was right for us. The personalization was amazing. He was very friendly and mingled with my guests before the ceremony.He did a awesome job to help us celebrate our renewal of our vows. I wish i had found him earlier for our original ceremony. I would recommend Mark to any one. Our backyard ceremony was very non traditional. He fit in so well. He is very well mannered,responsible,professional,and was able to put up with a yard full of rednecks and kids. He came early to set up and we had a candle ceremony that was so beautiful .I thank you Mark for sharing this day with us and making it as special as it could be .If you are looking for a special day with a great officiant please talk with Mark. We recommend him 110%.

Sent on 01/12/2016

We HIGHLY recommend Rev. Mark for your big day! Although we never met before the rehearsal I felt like I knew him. He was so good at keeping in touch with us from the very first phone conversation to numerous emails back and forth working to get our ceremony perfect for us. He was very flexible and open to any and all of our ideas. You will not be disappointed!
    Babaev Wedding 10/10/15 <3

Sent on 10/21/2015

Our ceremony on the beach at sunrise was great and very romantic.
    The service was perfect.

Sent on 11/23/2015

chris · Married on 08/11/2015

Mark was great to deal with at Surfside Ceremonies, I did this all over the phone and he was a joy to deal with and was very willing to work with me and my wife, I would say I don't think things could have gone off better on our day on the beach, he was prompt and was great to have with us and our family, Thank You

Sent on 09/17/2015

We had a pleasant experience! There was no pressure and everything went as planned.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Reverend Mark was a very special part of our wedding day. He assisted us in customizing our vows, suggested a location for the ceremony on the beach and shared in our joy. It was a pleasure working him in the planning phase and his advise and suggestions were so valuable.

Our service was an intimate one with only a few family members present. He was both an integral part of the ceremony in officiating, as well as a congenial friend.

I would recommend Reverend Mark of Surfside Ceremonies to anyone planning a service by the sea!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Worked closely with us. We were out of state and working hard, he made time to talk to us and guide as through the process. He was a blessing.

Sent on 12/18/2016