Superior Sounds Reviews

17 | Poughkeepsie, NY

17 Reviews for Superior Sounds

christin · Married on 10/19/2018

They are so personable and professional! Best in the biz!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Hayley · Married on 09/15/2018

Marqúis and John were absolutely AMAZING! They were so much fun and had everyone on the dance floor. They played the best music that kept the party going. They made our wedding the party we hoped it would be! Without them, our day would not have been the same! They are the absolute best!!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Theresa · Married on 10/14/2017

They were amazingly professional. I didn't want just any DJ with a laptop on a table, I wanted someone who impressed me and would be reliable. I'm so glad I found them. They timed everything perfectly and I cry when I think about how lucky I was to have them do my ceremony too. It was beautiful.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Brianna · Married on 08/19/2017

Marquis and Ezequiel were a phenomenal match for our wedding. They made us feel at home and listened to every detail of our wishes. The entire guest list loved their upbeat vibes and detail to attention. We were included in every step of the way. They were cracking jokes and keeping the crowd entertained the entire time from ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception. They are down to earth people and focus solely on the wants and needs of the couple getting married. We couldn't ask for a better team.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Kris · Married on 06/03/2017

Using Superior Sounds for our wedding was one of the best choices we made. Biscuit and John provided us with an experience that made our day even better than we could have expected. An important aspect for our wedding was having a great dance floor. With Superior Sounds, this was achieved with overwhelming success. For the entire night, people were having a great time. On top of providing a great energy with music and dancing, their uplighting was absolutely amazing. We picked our venue because we thought it was beautiful, but the uplighting made it even better than we anticipated. We could not recommend a better wedding DJ. If you want ease, a great energy, and a vendor that you don’t have to worry about, use Superior Sounds. We will forever be thankful for Biscuit and John making our wedding day one of the happiest of our lives.

Sent on 06/15/2018

Danielle Rybak · Married on 10/01/2016

John and Marquis are amazing people. They do a phenomenal job with every single part of your event and are there by your side throughout the entire process. You will have nothing but compliments on your event and everyone will be dancing the entire night. You will never be disappointed by using them. They are more than just DJ's they are fantastic friends and people! The up lighting, music and complete package offered blew all of our guests away. We love Superior Sounds and recommend them over and over again!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2016

Amazing! Worked with me even though I was planning my wedding out of state. They also played my engagement party. Best service, couldn't be happier! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Jane · Married on 07/10/2015

John and Marcus were wonderful DJs they queued the music perfect for our ceremony, we had uniquely different songs to be played during the ceremony and they were able to find all of our songs for the processional, reading and recessional music! Having two difficult Italian last names they were able to successfully pronunciation both of them! When looking for a DJ timing is everything and these guys were right on the mic!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Amanda & Will · Married on 10/05/2014

John & Marquis were GREAT at our wedding! We highly recommend them for anyone looking for great quality at an extremely affordable price!

Sent on 11/02/2014
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 09/28/2013

I loved working with Marquis and John! I had a blast at my wedding! they were recommend to me by a good friend and I'm so glad they were there to get my party going, excellent people to work with, I couldnt have been happier with everything! He gave us great suggestions and were very professional, we had a slide show of us and it was the best! Thank you Superior sounds! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/04/2013

John and Marques were FABULOUS and went well beyond what most DJs would do.
    They provided high quality equipment for the ceremony, the reception and the afterparty. We are a dancing crowd and they kept the dancing going for hours. John MCed and he was great, not cheesy at all when he made announcements. They are a pleasure we invited them to stay and party with us for the after-party (we had friends and the groom DJ). No worries about anything technical - it was supposed to hail and they had everything ready for the worst - then it ended up being clear so we were all happy!
    Thanks guys.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Marquis and John were great DJs for our wedding! They were really flexible and receptive to what we were looking to play on our day. Highly recommend them for future weddings!

Sent on 07/31/2013

Richard · Married on 05/04/2012

John Martin, owner of Superior Sounds, did an outstanding job as our DJ. They were very attentive to our requests and constantly kept the guests dancing, which made wedding flow. Superior Sounds came highly recommended and now I know why. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking or a DJ.

Sent on 05/07/2012

Heather · Married on 12/03/2011

Superior Sounds did an amazing job at our wedding-- they listened to everything we wanted (And didn't want), and did an amazing job-- We got so many compliments on our DJ! From the first meeting with John, we knew he would be our DJ for our wedding- He listened to what we needed, and asked lots of questions to get a feel of exactly who we were. He played every song I requested, and kepe the party going ALL NIGHT on the dance floor!!! I've never seen a dance floor so packed!! I would highly recommend Superior Sounds for your wedding, or any other important event!

Sent on 12/21/2011

Rebecca · Married on 06/27/2015

Superior Sounds and Marquis especially could not have been a better choice for our wedding. The music selections were amazing, the transitions seamless and he was able to read the room to keep the music going with what our guests enjoyed. It poured on our wedding day and they helped set up outdoor things and just lent a hand as needed. He was professional and kind and noninvasive (which is exactly what we wanted). We couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Also, it was an incredible value. We are so glad we went with Superior Sounds!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Jill · Married on 08/27/2011

John Martin of Superior Sounds was a joy to work with. He was very responsive and listened to all my needs. His music system was outstanding and the lighting really made the dance floor special. He was not intrusive... yet managed to keep the dance floor crowded the entire night. Friends kept telling me how great the music was when they took a break from dancing! I totally recommend him for your event.

Sent on 09/19/2011

Courtney · Married on 10/21/2017

Our planner helped us find Marquis at Superior Sounds. She recommended him as her favorite DJ and he did not disappoint! He was so easy to work with and had the night flowing from one item to the next. We were so, so pleased with him and would highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/13/2017