Superfly Sounds Reviews

Superfly Sounds 1
Superfly Sounds 2
  • Arielle

Arielle · Married on 06/15/2019

DJ Zane Kept Everyone Dancing All Night!

If you need a DJ for any upcoming event, DJ Zane is your guy. He was professional and thoughtful throughout the wedding planning process. On the year mark to our wedding, he sent us a nice note celebrating the countdown to our day. We had a few calls with Zane where he walked us through mic setup for the ceremony and other details. I appreciated his help and all the personal touches. During the wedding itself, he set everything up perfectly and played music that had all of our guests dancing the whole night. He also was a great emcee. He helped organize guests when we needed him to but in a subtle and friendly way. His set up is great. I can only say nice things about working with him. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a DJ in the area!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Sheena Wiley · Married on 06/08/2019

Zane is the best!

We are so pleased with Superfly Sounds. Zane is a true professional and really helped make our day. Our friends played our ceremony music and he let us use his sound system so they didn't have to lug theirs and their instruments - the sound and music from ceremony through the end of the night was great! He checked in a few times throughout the night to make sure we were pleased (which we were!!) but otherwise we forgot he was there (in a good way - he knew how to keep the party going). Since we got married in a Barn, we also loved that he had a rustic DJ both - everything just sort of blended in with the venue. Highly recommend Zane!

Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 05/04/2019

We danced the night away!

Working with Zane was an absolute delight from the start! He really wanted to make sure that the day, and the vibe, was everything we wanted it to be. We gave Zane really loose guidelines with the overall theme being "party hard", and left the rest to him, and we couldn't have been happier with the outcome. We, and our guests, were on the dance floor all night long! We highly recommend Zane if you want to party hard :)

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Gadbois · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing!

If you're looking for a DJ that keeps the dance floor packed for the whole night - you've found him! Zane was incredible to work with from start to finish! Our guests had a blast and were still talking about how great he was the next morning. He was able to read the room and play a great mix of fun old and new music, we were so happy that he was in charge of our music on our special night!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Rachel · Married on 10/20/2018

Every song was perfect!

Zane absolutely nailed it. I had friends tell me it was the best DJ they ever heard at a wedding. He totally understood our vibe, kept the party moving along and kept everyone on the dance floor. Absolutely incredible. Thank you SO much!

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 10/13/2018

Music to Keep the Party Going

Zane was so amazing, I know where to start. He was responsive, understood the genre and vibe we wanted, read the crowd to know what to play next, and played everything we wanted and nothing we didn't want. He added playing for the ceremony for such a reasonable fee, and he had exactly what we needed for it- Victory Fanfare recessional was amazing. Thank you, Zane, for being so wonderful!

Sent on 12/16/2018

Norah · Married on 10/06/2018

DJ Zane kept our party going

We loved the services DJ Zane provided- from our ceremony to our reception. We gave him a lot of flexibility with the music he played, and we were not disappointed with his choices. He has a thorough survey beforehand, and follows your input throughout the evening. We are glad we chose DJ Zane to make sure our wedding had the best dance party we've ever had (or been to).

Sent on 10/25/2018

Meghan · Married on 09/28/2018

Dancefloor Magician

We absolutely LOVED working with Zane! He's fresh, young, and knows exactly what songs are going to keep your dancefloor packed! Zane was open to any suggestions we had for music and made sure to incorporate both our of styles. If you're looking for a DJ that focuses on the music and less on the cheesy introductions/commentary throughout your reception, Zane is the guy for you! He's amazing to work with, has a great personality, and feels like another friend at your wedding! We highly recommend Superfly Sounds!!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Rebecca · Married on 09/15/2018

10/10, 5 Stars!

Our wedding guests are STILL talking about how great Zane was as a DJ! Not only did he play the best songs but he kept everyone on the dance floor all night long. People did not want to leave!!! We had a blast :)

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/08/2018

The highlight of my whole wedding..

They say you can judge a wedding by the amount of people on the dance floor. We’ve all been to those weddings where there is either a few people on the dance floor or as the dj changes songs, guests come and go. I can proudly say, I choose a dj that had EVERY SINGLE guest (all 200 of them) on the dance floor the entire night! Zane was truely the best dj I have ever heard! He played the most perfect mix of songs to keep everyone on their feet. He was amazing and easy to work with. It’s been a few months since my wedding and I still receive compliments about Zane! Even the manager at my venue commented on how excellent he was. You seriously need to stop reading reviews and book him NOW! Mark my word, you won’t regret it, and you won’t find anyone better. Zane, thanks for being the highlight of my wedding and playing “one last song”! You were the best decision we made! ❤️

Sent on 11/12/2018

Brianna · Married on 09/02/2018

Amazing and Proffesional

We had the pleasure of working with Zane for our wedding in Vernon NY. Zane was extremely helpful throughout the whole planning process. When it came to the wedding day everything was absolutely perfect and exactly how we discussed. He had everyone dancing all night long. We have received multiple compliments since the wedding on how awesome our DJ was. To quote my 94 year old Grandmother “Out of all the weddings I’ve been too, I’ve never seen so many people dance for four hours straight, I can wait to tell my friends”!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Abbye · Married on 06/30/2018

We took a long time to find a DJ and kept going back in forth with different DJs in the area. Our photographer recommended Zane and we contacted him for info. From our first contact Zane was prompt and professional. We decided to go with him and it was a great choice. He was helpful and thoughtful throughout the planning process but still gave my husband and I space to make our own decisions. He also plans with a google doc which made planning the flow of the day and our music so easy. He was always accessible and easy to reach to answer a question. On our big day we could not be more blown away with the job Zane did. Our dance floor was never empty! Zane stuck to our requested songs but also added in others that kept the party going. In the past month since we have been married our guests have commented on how fun the dance floor was. We can't thank Zane enough for making our day so special. Zane is a great DJ and we recommend him whole heartedly to DJ at any special event you are planning.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Stephen · Married on 06/23/2018

Amazing DJ experience!

Zane absolutely crushed it at our wedding! I'm finally writing this review (even though we got married in June), and I'm still getting compliments from friends and family about how great he was.

From start to finish, Zane was professional, responsive, accommodating and fun. Not only is he an incredibly skilled DJ, but he also worked with us patiently to plan everything and always answered our calls. We had an eclectic group of guests and didn't really know where to start, but Zane came with ideas, talked us through different styles/genres and even put together a sample mix for us to listen to!

No detail was left to chance and the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception went off flawlessly - Zane got everyone on the dance floor and had that place bumping right up until the end.

The last thing I would say is that we got married in the Catskills but are from NYC. We spoke to a number of highly recommended NYC-based DJ's and Zane is a league above anyone else we came across.

I mention this because I had several people advise me not to look outside of NYC for a DJ (and maybe there are other NYC-based couples getting married upstate who are getting that advice as well). Don't listen to it - just give Zane a call and decide for yourself.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Rebecca · Married on 06/02/2018

Zane is a step above the rest! From the first time I contacted him to the day after my Husband and I were married he made us feel like we were the only couple he was working with. When we first met with him, he gave great details on what to expect from him from the time he arrives to the time he leaves. By the end of that first meeting we knew he was the right fit to make our day amazing. He blew us and our guests away!!! People are still telling us what a great time they had and how awesome Zane was when they asked for a song request. I myself had a few different song requests that were also very time specific that Zane made possible with ease. Even two days before the wedding he was quick to respond to my last minute song choices! When choosing a DJ everyone knows that your DJ can make or break a wedding. Zane will go above and beyond for you and is the best at what he does!!! We can't say it enough that we highly recommend Superfly Sounds as your next DJ!!!

Sent on 07/04/2018
    Superfly Sounds 3

Emily · Married on 05/19/2018

Absolutely awesome! Zane was able to take a venue with no decorations and made it a dance floor I couldn’t have imagined! I highly recommend him for upcoming events!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

Some words that come to mind when I think of Zane & Superfly Sounds: attentive, energetic, thorough, personable, passionate, creative, talented, entertaining, helpful, knowledgeable, technically skilled, crowd pleaser. The first thing I requested from Zane was a compilation of five songs for my father/daughter dance. It was then that I first noticed he was a bit of a perfectionist and completely dedicated to his work and his clients—he wouldn’t walk away until the mix was exactly what I wanted. It came out amazing. Closer to the wedding, I asked Zane if we could have different songs for each of the people being introduced at the reception—around 10 couples. He didn’t hesitate, and again, delivered with precision. He knew exactly what to do to keep our guests moving all night, took requests, and brought a beautiful and genuine energy to our wedding. Zane even kept my husband happy by giving him his all too often requested air-horn sound effect throughout the night. He’s the real deal—and happens to be a truly great guy, which is refreshing. He has the talent to have a big ego, but you’ll never get that vibe from him. He’s sincere, kind, and humble. And his work is just as great. I could go on and on about all the great qualities of Zane, but I’ll end with this: Book Superfly Sounds for your wedding. You won’t be disappointed. In fact, you’ll likely be left trying to come up with another event where he can be your DJ.

Sent on 12/05/2017
    Superfly Sounds 4
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/30/2017

This is the message I personally sent to Zane the morning after our wedding: "Hey Zane, I just wanted to reach out and thank you. You were SUCH rock star at our wedding. You made our night absolutely perfect and magical. I don't think I've ever even been to a wedding where literally EVERYONE was on the dance floor like that. You made our night unforgettable, and I am so grateful. From the bottom of my heart, thank you."

Sent on 10/03/2017
  • F

Fred · Married on 09/16/2017

I'm going to try to be short, but I could go on for a long time. My wife and I heard about Superfly Sounds through word of mouth. Impressed doesn't begin to describe Zane from Superfly Sounds. He was amazing from start to finish.

As a DJ he was amazing with a constant flow from one song to another. The music kept everyone dancing and was always unique keeping our guests entertained.

Zane also did the audio for out ceremony at the NYS Museum on the terrace. If you don't know the venue it's an outdoor space with nothing for sound to bounce off of. For such a huge open space you would have assumed we were in an auditorium with the sound quality. Not a word was lost.

When it came to planning and execution Zane made sure to find out exactly what we wanted. From the first meeting to the wedding he showed the up most professionalism. There were a couple crazy requests from us during the wedding, including: the maid of honor rapping her speech, my wife's dance with her dad being a mix of Polka along with dance songs, and me requesting a Fireball bottle with a GoPro get passed around the dance floor. Zane killed it.

We can't recommend Superfly Sounds enough. If you're debating a DJ reach out to Superfly Sounds you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

We hired Zane via recommendation from two different people who knew him. We are so glad we did! Not only did he help us through every step of party planning he could, he also fulfilled every request we made of him. He was a pleasure to work with. He certainly knows how to get a party going and even more importantly how to keep it going. If we had to do it again we would hire Zane, no doubt about it. He is a true professional and we cannot imagine anyone can do the job better than he would.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/03/2017

SERIOUSLY-IF YOU DO NOT BOOK ZANE AS YOUR DJ-YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MISSING OUT! I am beyond lucky to have met Zane and to have worked with him. From start to finish, he is the most professional, upbeat, awesome guy you will ever meet. He took so much time to make sure that my day was perfect and was so detail oriented. He met with us a few times before our special day and made sure that we felt totally comfortable and was so responsive. We were really up in the air for our first dance and the mother/son dance and he had the best advice to make our dances just the way we wanted. His setup was so professional and even my other vendors were blown away by how amazing he was. I told Zane that we wanted EVERYONE to be on the dance floor the entire night, and Zane knew exactly how to feel out my guests and make sure that everyone was happy. The party never stopped- I still have guests commenting on how talented he was. He even got my 3 year old to bust a move in front of the entire wedding! I could not have asked for anything more-Thank you so much Zane-you MADE my wedding!!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Josh · Married on 07/15/2017

Zane was amazing to work with. Incredibly professional and responsive from start to finish, he totally nailed the vibe we were going for. And when the night went a little long, he was nice enough to work with us and keep the party going. I highly recommend booking Zane. In addition to being able to decipher your musical tastes, he's the nicest guy you're ever going to meet behind turntables.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Cait · Married on 06/23/2017

THE best of the best. Zane is genuine, creative, professional and truly loves what he does. We cannot express enough how truly PERFECT he made our wedding! Our guests had an incredible night and still rave about him. Thank you for everything, Zane!!!'

Sent on 07/14/2017
  • Christie

Christie · Married on 06/10/2017

We found Superfly Sounds (DJ Zane) through WeddingWire. From the very beginning, he was more than willing to work with us at every turn, even given our very diverse taste and diverse crowd. We started working with him several months in advance, bouncing ideas for the numerous styles and genres of music we were looking for. He even gave numerous things to think about that we hadn’t considered previously and suggestions regarding the flow of the evening that really made him an assistant wedding planner (we were thankful indeed). Zane was always willing to chat too, making sure that everyone was on the same page prior to our big day. He even edited each of the songs for our dance and parent dances to better fit the time, which was truly, above and beyond our expectations of a DJ. On the big day, Zane showed up well ahead of time to ensure that everything was ready and levels were set so that when it came time to party, there was a seamless flow from the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception. Ultimately, we couldn’t have had a more perfect soundtrack – so to speak- or master of ceremonies / DJ and music expert for our wedding. Zane is punctual, professional and simply put, a class act. We couldn’t have been happier with the outcome and will definitely hope to book him again for another event or suggest his services to all of our friends! Thank you Zane!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Patti · Married on 12/17/2016

Professional and accommodating, Zane did a great job with our wedding reception. Stress free thanks to his experience!!
    Highly recommended, 5 stars plus.

Sent on 02/13/2017