Sundried Tomato American Bistros & Catering Reviews

27 | San Juan Capistrano, CA

27 Reviews for Sundried Tomato American Bistros & Catering

Ruben V. · Married on 10/05/2018

Fantastic service

Sundried Tomato catered our October 5, 2018 wedding (Serra Plaza) Patti was amazing to work with, from the moment we had our initial food tasting till the very end, she and her team we extremely helpful and responsive! The food choices and quality are great and delicious! Our guess enjoyed the food as well. I would definitely recommend Sundried Tomato & Patti for any couple shopping around for catering options!

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 09/29/2018

So Delicious!

The food was ammazzinnggg! We had their Mexican catered menu and it was so delicious. Our guests are still reaching out to us and telling us how amazing the food was. The top shelf margaritas and stuffed poblano peppers were everything I wanted for my picture perfect southern California wedding!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Rachael · Married on 09/07/2018

Sundried lead by Patti, catered our wedding on 9-7. She was incredible to work with and her attention to detail made it beyond perfect! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Matthew · Married on 08/11/2018

Sundried Tomato catered our wedding on 8/11/18 and we couldn't have been happier with the service. Patti was wonderful to deal with. She was extremely accessible and responded to all emails promptly. We made multiple changes to our menu over the few months before the wedding. Patti always replied quickly with a new invoice, and even let us do a quick second tasting when we decided we wanted to change a meat option. When Patti went out of the country, she made sure to provide us with her colleagues contact information and her colleague was just as accessible. The day of went as smooth as possible. The food was delicious and the service was amazing. It's been over a month since the wedding and people are still commenting on how great the food was. Thank you Patti and your team at Sundried!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Dianne · Married on 08/03/2018

If it was possible to give 10 stars we would! Lisa, Suzie and Paige were absolutely amazing and made our at-home wedding reception fantastic and memorable. From the attentive planning, to the beautiful set up, to the delicious food, to the gracious service; these ladies were amazing and we thank them from the bottom of our married hearts!
    Dianne and Bob

Sent on 08/06/2018

Nicole · Married on 04/14/2018

To start: the food was amazing!! We had Sundried Tomato American Bistros & Catering for our wedding in San Juan Capistrano and Patti and her team were the BEST. They went above and beyond to help out throughout the night especially with transitions which helped make the night go so smoothly. With 300 people, it could have taken forever for guests to get food but the buffet line went so quickly and efficiently. And as mentioned before the food was SO good (still dreaming of that Mac n Cheese and I don’t even care for Mac N cheese usually). We are still getting told how delicious the food at our wedding was and not just compared to wedding food but just delicious appetizers/dinner in general! Thank you, Patti and everyone at Sundried Tomato!!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Della · event on: 03/02/2018

Everything was fantastic! Delia our server went above and beyond to be helpful. She was outstanding. Everyone loved the Chicken Apple salad and the Strawberry salad. We also enjoyed a beautiful fruit plate and deviled eggs.
    I highly recommend Sundried Tomato.

Sent on 03/07/2018

Karen · event on: 12/29/2017

We were THRILLED with the food, service, efficiency, and professionalism of the catering staff at Sundried Tomato. Specifically we worked with Lisa who coordinated our event and Paige and Suzie were our caterers on hand to make the magic happen! They were wonderful! They easily handled every detail, serving our guests delicious tray passed appetizers as well as refilling beverages throughout the evening. I generally do the "hosting" and this was such a treat for all the guests as well as myself as I could finally sit and enjoy visiting with everyone. I will not hesitate to return to Sundried Tomato in the future for all catering needs. The food choices can accommodate anyone's needs. We ordered a tray of sandwich/pasta salad/salad in addition to several other appetizers and they were able to modify the platter to accommodate our gluten-free guests using (delicious) GF tortillas for wraps as well as some regular sandwiches. Looking forward to working with them again!

Sent on 12/30/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 08/12/2017

Patti,

I just wanted to express our thanks for helping us have such a great weekend.

John and I received many compliments from our guests about the food. We were also impressed by the level of customer service. A staff member came over to John and I and our wedding party following the reception when we were about to take photos with a whole plate of appetizers. During the dinner, we had a designated staff member that served us, made sure we had drinks to toast with and even found us on the dance floor to check in with us before clearing our food.

We were really impressed and are grateful to you and your staff for everything leading up to the wedding and the day of! Please pass along our thanks!

Whitney & John

Sent on 10/12/2017

David · Married on 06/10/2017

Sundried Tomato American Bistros & Catering did an amazing job catering our wedding! They were attentive to the wedding party & guests, provided a delicious dinner on time & freshly prepared, and concocted tasty, personalized drinks. Our guests especially loved the appetizers & cocktails. Working with the vendor leading up to the event was a pleasant experience as well. Specifically, Patti was professional, organized and was easy to reach with questions & for assistance. My wife and I would recommend this service to all of our friends.

Sent on 07/12/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/28/2017

I have nothing but good things to say about Sundried Tomato Catering and Patti, the catering manager. From the very beginning, Patti was extremely responsive to my emails and was super accommodating when we wanted to schedule our tasting on a particular Saturday and she was already pretty booked up with events. She made time for us, so we wouldn’t have to make another 75+ minute drive down to SJC on another weekend. Before coming to Sundried Tomato, we had attended a large scale tasting for another OC catering company, and I couldn’t even compare the two. I felt so at home and understood with Patti during our tasting. She did a great job explaining the day of catering process and offering us customization options and add-ons at no additional charge.

From the quality of food to the presentation to the amazing customer service, it’s a no brainer that we booked Sundried Tomato as our caterer for our wedding at Serra Plaza. We loved the food so much, we will be hosting our Rehearsal Dinner at Sundried Tomato too – but with a different menu of course!

Sent on 04/20/2016

Karen · Married on 05/21/2017

Wonderful catering services with great willingness to create something just for you! Using them for the 6th. year in a row for an annual women's event in Newport Beach. Patti and her team provide excellent food and service; they area real pleasure to work with.

Sent on 03/01/2017

Barbara · Married on 03/25/2017

Great listeners, flexible, willing to meet the client's needs.

Sent on 03/27/2017

Rachel · Married on 03/03/2017

Sundried Tomato was excellent! Everyone is still raving about the food a month later! Beyond that Patti and Orlando acted as my day of coordinators and they could not have done a better job. I literally didn't have to worry about a single thing. The staff was happy and professional and really added to the special vibe of the wedding. I would certainly recommend them to anyone looking for great food with great service!

Sent on 04/14/2017

Kymberly · Married on 02/25/2017

Sundried Tomato is absolutely fantastic!!! They are the nicest, most accommodating people with a fabulous venue and amazing tasting food!!! Unbeatable!!!

Sent on 03/08/2017

James · Married on 07/22/2016

We use Sundried repeatedly because we ALWAYS have great service and great food at a great price. I know that sounds like a cliche but in this case it is actually really true. Whether our event was a small one or a huge fundraiser they were on it and willing to work with us no matter what the budget or requirements.

Sent on 03/27/2017

Emily · Married on 04/02/2016

I loved having our wedding at Plaza de Magdalena. Patti was so accommodating an helpful. I would recommend this venue for any type of event. It's beautiful and modern. The food is AMAZING. Our guests all had a blast.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Karina · Married on 10/11/2015

From the initial tasting to our wedding day Patti and her staff at Sundried Tomato provided exceptional customer service and they genuinely cared about our big day. Our guest enjoyed every item on the menu from the appetizer to the antrees and ALL loved the staff and their friendly personalities. My husband and I had dinner on our anniversary at Sundried and Patti surprised us with a free appetizer. I highly recommend Sundried tomato!!!!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Kari · Married on 11/08/2014

I am so glad we chose Sundried Tomato for our wedding catering! We have received countless compliments on how good our food was. Many people have told me that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Patti was so helpful and fun to work with. She helped to create the perfect menu to compliment our tastes and style. She went above and beyond to meet our needs and was always available to help with questions. I can't put into words how impressed I was with the catering and bar services provided to us. The staff was professional and so helpful! I loved working with Patti and her Sundried Tomato team!

Sent on 11/26/2014

Megan · Married on 04/12/2014

Sundried Tomato catered my wedding in April and I cannot possibly recommend them enough. Patti consistently went above and beyond to help us out. Plus, the food was AMAZING, a total steal for the price.

To kick things off, we had an amazing one-on-one tasting with Patti at the Sundried Tomato Café. They just sent out tons of food for us to try, and we customized the menu on the spot. When I mentioned how much I loved bacon, Patti ordered a special BLT appetizer on the spot. We were sold. The food was delicious and Patti was totally accommodating.

Throughout the planning process, Patti was very accessible, responding to emails almost instantly, even on nights and weekends. I didn’t have a wedding planner but she basically acted like one, answering questions both about the catering and about how things should run in general. She even met with me at my venue to talk through what we needed in the way of rentals, even though our rentals company didn’t have time. (FYI ST doesn’t do rentals but Patti will help coordinate with you). On the day of the wedding, the team was very professional and totally on it.

Now, the food. We got so many compliments! People went back for second and third plates. The really cool thing was that out photographers and a few guests actually knew about the Sundried Tomato Café and loved them from the get-go.

I just can’t say enough good things. I was really nervous about coordinating a wedding on my own, but Patti made the process so much easier than I think it would have been with anyone else. Hire them!

Sent on 06/08/2014

Haley · Married on 11/02/2013

Sundried Tomato was a wonderful choice! Ryan and I went in for a tasting and didn't need to go anywhere else. We worked with Patti and she was wonderful, very helpful and whatever we needed she had it! The night of our wedding everyone raved about how good the food was! I am so happy it turned out wonderful and I would refer this restaurant to any bride and groom!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Crystal · Married on 06/21/2013

We went to Sundried Tomato Cafe - San Clemente / Talega for our Rehearsal Dinner! Saul was amazing to work with. I used to be a restaurant manager and Saul was world class at delivering great service to us. I can't say how amazed we were from our tasting to the night of our dinner! Our tasting was phenomenal - we were blown away. Saul made life-time members out of us after that tasting. We will forever return and have anniversary dinners here! (When we are in the area.) We had our dinner out on the back patio. We had about 35 adults. It was unbelievable. We had a bar set-up outside. A table with appetizers and a 3 course dinner that competed heavily with our wedding day dinner! This place is magical, one-of a kind. Our outdoor dinner was summery and beautiful and we carried away into the night under the stars with the really cool lava flow heat lamps!!!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Bree · Married on 05/16/2010

Great food and service, I could not have asked for a better service on the day of the wedding! They are there to listen and help you through your day. I would highly recomend using them

Sent on 05/20/2010

Katie · Married on 07/14/2018

We had a fantastic time working with Patti & Sundried Tomato. We received so many compliments from our guests on the fantastic food as well as the wonderful table service during our reception. We would 100% recommend Sundried Tomato.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Miriam · event on: 03/08/2018

I worked with Lisa Arguello on planning for our annual professional workshop. This is a new venue that we tried this year. Lisa is very easy to work with and very responsive to my questions. She provided the catering menu and pricing based on our budget and needs. The venue is very nice and clean. Staff there was very professional and helpful throughout the event. The best part was the food! From the morning breakfast bake goods to the salad, chicken, and pasta lunch, they were all amazing! The pine nut rolls were so good that I ate too much of. Chicken was flavorful and tender! Salads were really good too. I got great feedbacks from our guests and we enjoyed the meal very much. Will definitely consider coming back.

Sent on 06/01/2018