Sundance Resort Reviews

Sundance Resort View more information

Jacqueline Married on 11/03/2018

Magical Venue

I've never received so many compliments in my life! We had our ceremony and reception at Sundance and everyone couldn't stop talking about how incredibly beautiful it was and that they want to come back for vacation. It truly is a magical place and I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else!! The food was also fantastic! I can't wait to go back!
    Alex Married on 07/13/2013
    I had my wedding in the Redford center and it was absolutely perfect! Sun dances is the most beautiful venue i have ever seen! I recommend staying a few days before or after your wedding because its So secluded it makes the magic of the day go on and on. I'm from California where a venue like sundance would be three times the price and half as beautiful so I think they were a great deal
  • Ellie
    Ellie Married on 04/07/2012
    Couldn't have been better. They did everything to make my day perfect.
    Alexia Married on 03/26/2014
    Couldn't imagine our wedding anywhere else!
  • kendall
    Kendall Married on 01/07/2012
    I really loved the atmosphere that Sundance created. Their facilities are absolutely breathtaking. Their service was good, but there is room for improvement. What the staff lacked the scenery definitely made up for it.
    Stacy Married on 07/05/2014
    Sundance Resort is a spectacular wedding venue for couples looking to host a rustic and elegant weekend in one place. There are enough event spaces to host a Thursday welcome reception, rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, wedding reception, and brunch without ever repeating an area of the hotel. Plus, the fact that all guests can stay on site and that there are so many activities to do ensures a memorable weekend and quality time together for all.

Agree with other reviews that suggest getting everything in writing. While we did have a few communication mishaps leading up to the big day, the staff always found a way to either rectify the issue entirely or meet us in the middle with a compromise. Upon our arrival for the wedding weekend, things went off without a single hitch.

Guests raved about the food, ambiance, and numerous activities. The rooms were a bit rustic for some of our city slicker guests, but no one complained and most agreed that that simply added to the charm and overall feel of the weekend.

The biggest downside to Sundance is cost. Prices for alcohol felt a bit steep, and after their service charges and tax, be prepared to shell out an additional 30% on the final bill.

That being said, we look back fondly on the weekend and can't imagine having had the same type of experience anywhere else. The resort was truly the perfect venue for our rustic fairytale.
  • User1317313 2+ years ago
    I have to agree that you need to get everything in writing with Sundance because let's face it, you're not their only client and even though they're very accommodating they do tend to forget promises they make.
    -There were also some real disappointments on my day that I felt with the number of weddings Sundance has done they should have provided a far better service.
    -For example, the night before my wedding the bar tender lost his Ipad which was the bar's method of taking credit card. Nobody informed anybody in my wedding party of this issue and so we spent hundreds of dollars on a bar that didn't get used because hardly any of my guests had cash on them. Sundance was unwilling to drop the bar charges (though it was a cash bar you still have to pay for the bar tender & cashier) even though I feel they were at fault for not being able to take credit cards.
    -On the morning of my wedding I had to chase down people to clean up the dining hall that was covered in food from the wedding the night before which again I felt was poor service on their part.
    -Also at every single event we had less people show up than what we RSVPd for and yet they still managed to run out of food at every single meal we had them cater and again I was chasing down cooks and waiters to refill our food trays. I couldn't help but think, had the full number of people shown up, some people wouldn't have even been able to eat!!
    -And finally, if you plan on using the lodges for the weekend, they are inconveniently located at quite a distance from the wedding/dining halls which though it provided for an excellent wedding night location, it caused some hectic struggles trying to get decorations and the wedding party down to the right areas.

Overall if I had to do my wedding again, I would have chosen a different location based on service. However with that said, the scenery's beautiful, the spa is the best spa I've ever been to, the food was delicious, and the lodges were really cool.
    Hilary Married on 11/11/2011
    It's an amazing setting and once your wedding day comes, the staff will be at your beck and call. Just be sure to take perfect notes and get everything in writing when dealing with the Sales Manager and Event Coordinator. Things can change at the last minute if you're not careful.