24 Reviews for SunCelebrations
Trustworthy reviews are our priority. Businesses can't pay to change or remove reviews.
We had a wonderful experience overall. Getting timely responses to emails could sometimes be an issue, but the stress levels were low for us, Cindy did a wonderful job on getting us everything that we asked for, and our wedding turned out to be fantastic!
Cindy is great to work with and has a lot of experience in the wedding industry. She was able to help me with every aspect of planning my wedding. It turned out fantastic.
I used this wedding planner for simply having someone direct me on planning a destination wedding. We spoke once via skype and she was suppose to send me a helpful email with everything we discussed. Months later I never received that email. I've emailed her, called, left messages, contacted via facebook...nothing!! No response, completely RUDE and a WASTE OF MONEY!!!!
We worked with SunCelebrations for our wedding at Carambola Beach Resort in March 2011. Cindy was great to work with! She is so knowledgeable about the Island and about the local vendors. We chose the Week of Wedding planning services and that was perfect. She was able to make recommendations of vendors to work with and really get my vision communicated to them. She handled everything the week of the wedding and that took all of the pressure off of me. She even planned an Island tour for all of my guests and went along to be the tour guide! The day of the wedding I did not have to worry about a thing and it all turned out perfectly. I would highly recommend using SunCelebrations for your destination wedding in St Croix!
Cindy took care of everything! It all came together perfectly and I did not have to worry or stress at all on the day of my wedding, I knew everything would be perfect and it was. :-)
Having Cindy with Sun Celebrations made planning our wedding an amazing experience and stress free! There is no way we could of done It without her. Cindy is friendly and very professional. If your looking into getting married on St.Croix I would highly recommened Cindy!!
I hired SunCelebrations as my wedding coordinator for my April 2010 ceremony. (The lateness in my review is in no way a negative reflection of SunCelebrations' services, just a testament to my insane work schedule.) All I can say is that the proprietor, Cindy, is amazing! I quite literally planned my whole wedding from Iraq via e-mail and phone calls. Cindy was more than willing to work around my schedule, which at times was hectic and unpredictable. When my deployment schedule was unexpectedly changed she helped me contact all of the vendors and arrange a different date without a missing a beat. She recommended all my other vendors to me (to include the venue) and I was very happy with her choices. I must have called her at least 100 times, but each time she was cheerful, sincere, and helpful. She incorporated all of my "wants" (no matter how large or small) with ease. When I arrived to St Croix, everything went very smoothly. She had thought of everything and planned out the wedding events. Honestly, I just had to show up at the wedding an everything was taken care of. Cindy stayed with us through our reception, even when we asked the DJ to stay and play longer. She also had everything neatly packed up for us (our gifts, our cake cutting set, etc) so that we wouldn't forget anything. All 25 of my guests gushed at how wonderful the ceremony and reception were. Cindy was always on time and was a consummate professional whom I am now happy to call my friend. I sincerely recommend SunCelebrations to anyone getting married on St Croix. Follow all of Cindy's advice and your day will be amazing!
Ashley Bouzianis, our wedding coordinator for an 'elope' ceremony, was fantastic. She thought of all the details that we might have forgotten, organized everything according to our wishes (even the unspoken ones) and made the wedding day stress-less and absolutely perfect. Her guidance in choosing the photograph, the officiant, and the wedding place were super useful. It's a pleasure to work with her, she's nice and friendly and you can see that she really knows and love what she does. Overall, we can't think of anything that she might have done better. We highly recommend her. (BTW, we also highly recommend the photographer we had at our wedding, Tina Henle. She's an amazing person and her pictures are stunning).
We hired Cindy beacause of all her excellent reviews!! I thought long and hard about sending this review.. But do not want anyone treated unfairly such as we were...My husband and I renewed our vows on our silver aniversary..When I first talked with Cindy she was very friendly and assured me not to worry. Cindy was in the process of moving. So I gave her ample time to get back to me. We met Cindy in person at the Carombola resort & beach. Cindy was an hour late! We met then walked through the resort past the belltower. When we got down to the beach I asked Cindy about the belltower. We had talked about in email confirming that would be where we have our cake and do our wine toast then have dinner. Cindy told us that was never confirmed. My heart sunk. I told her I had an email from her stating it would be no problem and even sent me a link with a pix of belltower! She still said it was not confirmed. I still have that email! Instead of arguing she could of said Let me look into that for you. Which she did and the resort said no problem...While on the beach with Cindy she showed us a seashell path we could use for our vow renewel. Cindy said the seashell path was a for sure spot but lets look at another spot down the beach that is her favorite spot but if we pick that spot we could be bumped back to the other spot seeing as WE ARE JUST AN ELOPE PACKAGE!! So we picked the for sure seashell path...our big day was here and our for sure spot was TAKEN!!!! I did a mani, pedi, updo, and makeup was already except for my dress and Cindy comes into the spa to tell me our spot was taken. At that point I could not allow myself to get upset. Before my spa appointment I had to go in earlier to steam my dress and my husbands clothes with a small portable steamer. I was so glad the hotel spa had one to use. When I talked to Cindy while back at home she stated not to worry about my dress. My sister was with me when she told me this. I feel I was mislead and at least Cindy could have had an assistant help me. It took about 45 Minutes to steam everything by myself...We had a sunset wedding. If it were not for our thoughtful photographer who came in an laced me up in my dress, we might have missed the whole sunset....If you look at Cindy's elope package it costs $1600.00. Cindy discounted our package to $1450.00. Elope package says decorating up to 10 tables with special linens and china. Our table was all restaurant linens etc. All Cindy had to do for us was then venue which was messed up she told us it is a public beach and it is not her fault. Don't wedding planners talk with each other? Also our reception area was a big arguement. Cindy told me she would make some kind of certificate for us. I guess that went out somewhere in cyberspace... Cindy made our spa appt. resort reservations which I could have done. The only thing that was not a problem was the cake and flowers...I called Cindy the day before our wedding and she answered what can I do for you now Michelle like I was bothering her. I just asked her about the packaging for our wine flutes. I wanted to know if she would be leaving it under our table. Cindy was very inpersonable. Maybe she has done lots of weddings etc. with great reviews! But for this bride and groom Cindy's attitude was bad!!!!!
Our SunCelebrations team was surprised and disheartened to read the true feelings of the client above about her vow renewal. While we were aware of minor miscommunication during the planning and preparation process, we were under the impression the couple was elated with their ceremony and celebratory dinner. Particularly because they asked that the entire SunCelebrations team take a photograph with them, we felt they would fondly remember their experience working with us. When they both thanked us and hugged us goodbye before our departure from the venue, our team felt that everyone involved had a positive experience. As the client stated in a follow-up letter to us “after all is said and done, everything ended up turning out beautiful.”
To address her specific points:
- Cindy did not arrive an hour late to meet with the clients. The clients had the confirmed appointment time wrong. The photographer, which the couple met with earlier that day, called Cindy and told her they were planning to meet an hour earlier than agreed. Cindy called the couples’ cell phones and their villa to let them know that she couldn't be there early (she had another appointment) but could not reach them. So, Cindy left her other appointment early and arrived 20 minutes after the couple (which was 40 minutes earlier than the confirmed appointment time).
- Regarding the bell tower, the couple was able to enjoy their champagne, cake and dinner at that location. Our process for reserving that space entails sending clients’ basic information and pictures (the e-mail she referenced), awaiting client confirmation, placing the reservation, providing dinner menus for clients to pre-select from, and relaying those selections to the executive chef at the resort. Because we never received a confirmation e-mail or call from them in response to our correspondence, we believed they made alternate dining plans.
- Regarding the ceremony spot, all beaches on St Croix are public and no sites may be reserved or “guaranteed.” The client was informed of this fact prior to their vow renewal date. While we had informed the resort’s sales office (in charge of weddings) of our ceremony site plan, another wedding planner had already set-up chairs, a wedding arch and other décor. Although there was nothing we could do to remedy the situation, the “groom” of the vow renewal above was irate and raised his voice at a member of our team on her first day of work as well as at resort staff. The site that they did use was about 100 yards down the beach and is the favored spot of professional photographers on the island. We regret they were offended by our referencing the type of package they opted to purchase, but the fact is, the larger the wedding or vow renewal, the longer the set-up time required. Thus, a larger wedding had been set-up earlier that day.
- Because SunCelebrations has never owned a clothing steamer, there was miscommunication regarding our ability to supply one to them. We informed the client, as we do all of our clients, that we do not have steamer and do not recommend local dry cleaners. Carambola Beach Resort's Spa has a steamer that they will allow clients to use on their own as a courtesy. Because we cannot be held legally liable for the cost of any client’s special occasion clothing should damage occur in the steaming process, regretfully neither SunCelebrations nor staff at the resort spa are able to assist clients. This information was given to the client on multiple occasions.
- We time our sunset events very carefully and create detailed timelines to ensure everything goes according to plan. We research the specific sunset time for the event date and consult with photographers to ensure couples’ photos will have ideal lighting. We started this client’s vow renewal right on time, even a few minutes early. They came nowhere close to “missing the whole sunset.” A SunCelebrations coordinator was sent to the spa to assist the bride in lacing her gown so that the photographer could take “getting ready” pictures. When that assistant arrived, the bride had already requested the photographer help her to finish getting ready early.
- The elements included in the Signature Elope Package they purchased may be viewed on our website: www.suncelebrations.com/elope. The client mistakenly thought the package included specialty linens for up to ten tables. However, as stated on our site and in their signed agreement, the package accommodates up to 10 people (including the bride and groom). Since the couple decided to have a private dinner in the bell tower immediately following their ceremony, they requested to forego our typical beach set-up which includes a table draped with specialty linens and china provided for wedding cake. Because they were being served by the resort’s adjacent restaurant, it would have been inappropriate for us to use specialty linens on a restaurant table. However, we did set-up their table quite nicely including fresh local flora.
- Regarding the vow renewal certificate, although it was not a part of their package, Cindy genuinely wanted to make something beautiful for them, especially because she officiated their ceremony. The client made no mention of this request until after the ceremony. Because Cindy is a graphic designer, she wanted to invest adequate time to create a keepsake they could frame and cherish for years to come. Unfortunately her travel and business obligations had not yet allowed her to do so.
- The call the client references was placed to Cindy’s cell phone at 8:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning. The client’s “urgent” matter was to ask that her bag, which would include the box for their wine flutes, be placed under their dining table. As stated in our contract and at the close of every e-mail we send, our normal business hours are stated “Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. AST.” While we welcome clients to schedule calls with us outside these hours in advance and certainly understand when urgent matters occur near their event, this was not a truly urgent matter. However, her call was answered promptly and politely "What can I do for you this morning?"
In the future, we will ensure to reiterate plans with our elope and vow renewal clients so that similar misunderstandings do not occur.
Cindy was a great wedding planner! She made us feel so welcome on St. Croix and helped save our trip at the last minute with getting us booked at a great hotel, Carombola. I would recommend her to anyone looking to get married on the island, big or small. She really knows what she is doing and how to make sure your wedding day is special and memorable.
Vicky - we are so happy that we were able to help you with your last minute booking at Carambola Beach Resort, it is one of the gems of St Croix! We wish you both much happiness and look forward to seeing you on St Croix in the future!
The SunCelebrations wedding planning service was perfect for our wedding. They took care of everything leaving us to enjoy our stressfree wedding and honeymoon. The only thing I feel could have been improved was the timeliness of responses to emails. Other than that our experience was wonderful and wedding was unforgettable!
SunCelebrations appreciates the candid review given above by our client "Missing St. Croix." We are sorry for our delayed replies and know that her e-mails should have been responded to more quickly. The lead planner for this wedding is no longer a member of our team.
We had a GREAT experience working with Cindy! She did an incredible job coordinating everything down to the smallest details of our wedding. The locations, vendors, and services she recommended were all fabulous and not only that, she did all of the phone calls and booking required to plan it! While we were in St. Croix, we had one mini-disaster with the hotel...the day after our wedding a pipe leaked in our hotel room and while they moved us to another room, they weren't sure if they could refund us any money. I contacted Cindy and she immediately called the sales office herself to sort it out. Within a day, I had a refund transferred to my checking account! The quality of Cindy's work, creativity, and professionalism are unrivaled and we would recommend her without hesitation to anyone planning a wedding (or anything for that matter) in St. Croix.
My husband and I found Sun Celebrations through doing online research for St.Croix and we knew that Cindy was going to do an amazing job for us after our first phone conversation with her! My only recommendation would be to ask very specific questions to be sure you get the full picture and not stress about how everything is going to work out, especially if you aren't familliar with the layout or area. Cindy was amazing, our wedding ceremony, location, officient, everything was perfect and we wouldn't have changed one thing. I highly recommend using Sun Celebrations for your event, no matter what the occassion!
Cindy was a real big help planning our big day! She is full of creative ideas, and very flexible. We were planning all the way from Canada and it is very difficult planning a wedding from thousands of miles away, but they definitely helped ease the planning stress! They know many great vendors on the island, and which ones would work well for your vision. I highly recommend them, and St. Croix, for your destination wedding!!
Cindy did an incredible job. My husband and I were totally thrilled with all aspects of the wedding. She was there to help with the rehearsal, wedding and reception. The decor looked great and everything went off beautifully. She also organized an excursion for our guests during the wedding week. All the major headaches of planning a wedding were completely taken care of. We're so glad we hired her to help plan our wedding.
To work with SunCelebrations was hands-down the best decision we made in planning our destination wedding. You cannot put a price on having knowledgeable professionals on-island to provide vendor referrals and general expertise.
For example, we would have been lost without someone to explain the process of acquiring a marriage license in the Virgin Islands. But Cindy and Christine took it a step further, by taking us to and from the courthouse to make the process as quick and painless as possible. This is one of many instances of SunCelebrations going the extra mile for us.
Brides want to be remembered as gracious and lovely on their wedding day. Having a coordinator to oversee everything and lay down the law when needed, kept me from being remembered as a bridezilla! My family and wedding party sincerely appreciated not having to-do lists. From handling vendor deliveries and set-up, to monitoring sensitive family situations, I felt confident everything was under control. Our big day was relaxed and incredibly memorable.
With all the time, money and energy brides and grooms put into preparing their weddings, I can�t imagine not hiring SunCelebrations to coordinate the day so it may be enjoyed to the fullest!
Very glad I hired Cindy to attend to any and all problems. Had things well under control.
I highly recommend SunCelebrations to assist in anyones wedding planning in St.Croix. Cindy really exceeded my expectations. Everything turned out perfect.
Wow! That's not only the word that I would use to describe my wedding, but a word that was repeated many times by both the guests who attended the wedding and those who are viewing the pictures back home. Cindy pulled together such a fantastic wedding! I am a bride from afar who is also a business owner...which at times leads to a very high expectation level of a wedding planner.
The day, from start to finish, ended up surpassing my expectations (very rare). I would recommend Cindy to ANY bride who is planning a wedding. She was able to create my vision of a perfect wedding. Cindy allowed me, my husband, family, and guests to truly enjoy every moment...and this was absolutely the most important detail of the wedding. There was ZERO stress on wedding day...sheer joy! Thank-you so very much for everything you did for us!
One suggestion...email is a GREAT way to keep in touch with Cindy ;)
Cindy was awesome to work with!! She went above & beyond to make our day memorable & stressfree! Communications were always quickly returned if she was not available immediately. Any errors with other vendors were quickly resolved by her. I would highly recommend her to everyone!
Cindy and her staff at SunCelebrations are amazing! While I grew up in St. Croix, I currently live in Washington DC and Cindy was simply indispendable for planning and executing a 100 person semi-formal wedding from afar. More than half the guests were from the U.S. mainland (and some from Europe), while the rest were from on-island or other Caribbean islands, and everyone (whether they were from on or off-island) thought it was amazing! I was also a budget-conscious bride (With a VERY cost-conscious groom). Cindy managed to create beautiful centerpieces of sand, glass vases, and candles with accent flowers (that my mother still talks about) for about 25% of the price of traditional flower centerpieces. They ended up being more beautiful than just flowers. Our venue, Chenay Bay Beach resort is a lovely place, but Cindy, (working with the wonderful people of Chenay Bay) really helped make it worthy of a dream wedding. When I had a somewhat difficult want (obtaining a jute or sea grass "aisle runner" to place over the sand) she managed to fulfill it.
Cindy thought of everything from a rain Plan B that had canvas tarps in my wedding colors to making sure that the bridal party had transportation from our getting ready room to our pre-wedding picture site. She managed to create something that surpassed all my expectations for my wedding within a very reasonable budget. She even ordered-up one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen right as the ceremony was ending!! Cindy was worth every penny (both the groom and I feel she ended up saving us money) and more. She made me feel as relaxed as I could possibly be pre-wedding (and as a lawyer, I didn't have much time to devote to wedding planning) and feeling that my very specific desires would be carried out. During the actual wedding, she kept everything running smoothlywithouth anyone noticing that there was someone behind the scenes. I truly had a dream wedding, and I loved every second of it!
Cindy was wonderful to work with she was everything we needed in a wedding planner. Cindy took charge of setting our location for the wedding and made all of our arrangements with our photographer these were key things for us since we lived in Michigan and were getting married on vacation and never had been to St.Croix before. Our wedding turned out to be everything we wanted it to be simple but romatic. Thank you again Cindy for everything Suns & Smiles
Rob & Tammy Arteaga
Cindy was beyond all expectations. After a few phone calls and emails, we knew that we had someone that was going to take care of us. We met at the airport, and now we feel like we have a friend on the Island forever! If we asked, she answered and then delivered. We brought 12 of our friends/family with us, and they all were impressed with how easy everything went...it was all to one person! She was even able to coordinate the weather so that it did not rain until just after the ceremony...which is what we asked for! One complaint...she definately ran on "Island Time", however, we were running on Southern California time...so we were never sure who was on time, and who was late...
By the way, she was able to put on a dream wedding for us with less then 2 months notice!
Cindy is incredible. She made all the arrangements and made sure everything was perfect. All we had to do was show up on time. I would highly recommend her without reservation to anyone interested in getting married in the USVI.