Sun Gold Photography Reviews

Sun Gold Photography 2
Sun Gold Photography 3

Jennifer Gondos · Married on 10/11/2018

Professional, creative, exceptional!

We interviewed Damien and Paula to see if they would be a good fit for us and our October wedding. We soon realized that they were the perfect couple to entrust our special day. Damien and Paula recommended an "Engagement Photo Shoot" as well. Being an older couple, we did not quite understand the concept, but he explained it was an "expression of our love". We accepted and realized that it was a great decision because it allowed us an opportunity to work together and become comfortable with him and the camera. We even used our engagement photos to create a "photo table" at our wedding reception dinner for all to see. Everyone loved the idea and the photos. Damien and Paula are professional, creative, easy to work with and their finished products are absolutely fabulous! It is not just a service they provide but rather a relationship of trust and confidence that produces beautiful memories for years to come. Hire them immediately- you will be forever grateful you used SunGold Photography!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Sun Gold Photography's reply:

Oh Jennifer, thank you both so much for allowing to be part of such amazing memories. Love you both.

Carrie · Married on 07/06/2018

Not enough words to say how FANTASTIC Sun Gold is! The pics were GORGEOUS and they are truly the BEST people to work with! Our guests loved them, as well!!! So blessed that we found them!

Sent on 09/30/2018
    Sun Gold Photography 4
    Sun Gold Photography 5

Sun Gold Photography's reply:

Thank you so very much Carrie.

Stephanie · Married on 06/09/2018

We had our engagement photos done with Sun Gold Photography and they turned out AMAZING! We are very happy with the pictures! Damian is so easy to work with and had no trouble finding different spots to take our pictures. I can't wait to see what he can do for our wedding photos!

Sent on 10/14/2017
    Sun Gold Photography 6

Thank you gorgeous.
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2018

We these guys so much! If you're going to splurge on anything at your wedding go with good photography, it is worth every penny. We had so much fun at our recent engagement session and got back a ton of amazing photos that make us so excited for our upcoming wedding! Can't wait to have Sun Gold Photography at out wedding in May!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Sun Gold Photography's reply:

Oh Sarah, you guys were so amazing. So happy you loved your engagement photos. We too are super excited for the Big Day.

Ali · Married on 07/01/2017

If you are needing a photographer for your wedding, Sun Gold is who you need! I could not have asked for a better photographer and group of people to work with throughout the process of getting married! Damian is so amazing and I am so happy that I chose Sun Gold for our special night. The pictures look absolutely amazing! I can not thank them enough!!

Sara · Married on 12/04/2016

So I haven't officially used the photography services with Sun Gold. I have signed a contract and will be utilizing their services in December. However, they took the photos for my sister's wedding and they did an amazing job! The photographers make you feel like family and treat you like family. My sister received a thumb drive with all her pictures and ordered an album. The album was so beautiful and exquisite with so many different pictures, it basically told the story of their wedding. I would recommend this photography company to anyone getting married.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Sun Gold Photography's reply:

Sara, you're so awesome. Can't wait to capture the energy and love you both share with some beautiful photograph. One Love!

Charity · Married on 11/12/2016

love. Love. LOVE. They are the best in the new braunfels area! They have been on several covers of magazines and their photos speak for themselves but incase you are still questioning it and want my personal opinion,
    My husband and I love Sun Gold Photography! We heard about them because of my sister-in-law when we paid for her wedding photography. When they sent us her proofs everyone fell in love with them and we instantly wished we knew about them when we got married because we would have hired them in a heartbeat. The way they capture the moment is exactly how you see it and feel it. We loved them so much that we just recently took trash the dress photos with them to get some of their photos in our wedding day attire and cannot wait to see those. You will not be disappointed when you receive your photos and will be glad you spent the extra money on people that know what they are doing. We love Damian and Paula, recommend them to everyone and will not use anyone else!

Michelle · Married on 11/08/2016

The Sungold Team is amazing! Honestly everyone loved them. My guest loved joking with them which got us amazing photos. They even helped a friend with her photos ?. I loved how they all looked and even got some great sneak shots in like my husband and making faces to relax before our big dance. It doesn't seem like a lot but those moments are the special ones. And we had some weird request and they made them work for us! (Thank you thank you) Don't question if you should use them.... just go for it and fall in love with the team!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Sun Gold Photography's reply:

Awww, thank you so much, we love you guys, your wedding was so much fun. Please say hello to everyone for us. <3 xoxox

natalie · Married on 11/06/2016

I've been thinking for a few days about the review I was going to leave for Paula & Damian...it's hard to put into words how AMAZING they are. They are the sweetest, fun, and most caring duo ever! They exude such a positive energy that helps you be so comfortable in your own skin. We had many amazing vendors for my wedding but they were our favorite! We would not have chosen anyone else....More than quality and creative photos, they get to know you as a couple to give you pictures they know you will love! Trust me, Damian will not let you go until he gets THE shot!! =) I'm so happy with the photos they've shared so far. Brides, do not skimp on your photographer!! I've heard too many horror stories. After the wedding your photos are all you've got! Choose a quality company who will give you photos that SPEAK. Choose Sun Gold Photography!

Kristyn · Married on 10/29/2016

They are amazing to work with!!! So sweet and genuine. They truly LOVE what they do.

Miranda · Married on 10/07/2016

Our wedding was an absolute dream, and to have Damien capture the moments was the best decision I made!
    We continue to get compliments on our wedding and most of them are about Damien and Sun Gold Photography! They were absolutely amazing and captured not only memories but moments!!
    If I had to do my wedding all over again and I could only keep one thing the same it would be Paula and Damien!
    They are officially a part of my family. My husband and I were so comfortable throughout the process and our photos are stunning. I know there are so many choices you can make during your wedding planning process, but if you had to choose one vendor you don't want to pass Sun Gold Photography up! I promise if you book them you will not regret it! You might get a magazine cover, but you definitely get memories and details captured that you are going to be so happy you have!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Sun Gold Photography's reply:

Love you Miranda & Scott. Y'all were amazing.

Luis · Married on 07/03/2016

Damian was very professional and easy to work with. Grateful for his patience and commitment to making the night special

Sent on 07/10/2016

Sun Gold Photography's reply:

Luis, you and your beautiful wife were a pleasure to be around. The love you both share is unreliable and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you two.

Steven · Married on 07/02/2016

These guys were amazing to have at our wedding. My wife and I loved them and they were so much to have there. I can't wait to see how all the pictures turn out! I would recommend these guys to anyone.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Sun Gold Photography's reply:

One love Steven! Much respect!

Ashley · Married on 06/10/2016

One of the best decisions we made out of our entire wedding planning process was choosing Sun Gold for our photographers! They were an absolute joy to work with during our engagement and day-of sessions and made both my husband and I (who are typically camera shy) feel at complete ease in front of the camera! Our pictures are stunning and we're so grateful to have them in order to cherish that special time for years to come!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Sun Gold Photography's reply:

Oh Ashley, you guys are amazing. We will have a friendship now that will last a lifetime. Thanks so much for having us on one of the most important days of your lives. You guys rock!

Cassandra · Married on 09/06/2015

My name is Cassandra and we got married at Granberry Hills on sept 6th. Paula and Damien are amazing! They did our save the dates and wedding. As a couple that hate taking pictures anyone that can get us to actually enjoy a photo session deserves a medal! For our save the dates it was hot and outside but they had us cracking up the whole time and actually enjoying the session. Damiens energy is so insane you cant help but smile around him. He knows exactly how to make you look the best ! At our wedding I was dreading pictures because i'm more of the lets get to the party kinda girl but I also knew I would want the pictures later and he made it as painless as it could be, I cant imagine the torture another photographer might have made me go through! On top of the pictures after the ceremony during our reception at the beginning when my husband and i were first eating her comes and shows me a picture of a sunset and i thought what are you showing me, well he says this is your sunset its your choice but we can go now. What was I to do it was beautiful so we dragged our butts to the parking lot b/c he knows a good shot that's for sure! During reception everyone wants pics and Damien would set up everyone and himself before ever making us come over, for this I love him even more! I recommend this sweet couple to all brides !

Phyllis · Married on 07/19/2015

Next to agreeing to marry my husband, picking Sun Gold Photography to capture our wedding day was the best decision I ever made!! From start to finish, working with Damian and Paula was such a joy. Wedding planning can be stressful, esp. planning a destination wedding, so I was worried about booking a photographer that I wouldn’t meet in person until the wedding day. From the first email, I was put at ease and knew we were in good hands. They were very responsive and flexible with all my questions and the cost was great!!! The day of the wedding, when we met, it was like meeting up with old friends. I did not have one crazed moment. I was calm and cool mainly because of them. I felt so comfortable and confident that they had everything handled. They arrived on time and even had an extra person to make the day run even smoother. They were able to deal with my crazy family and keep order too! Every single detail of our day was captured perfectly. At the end of the night, I was just so happy we had the best team looking after us. The next day we had our trash the dress shoot and once again Damian and Paula wowed us! My husband was not big on being in the water and taking more pictures, but I think he enjoyed it more than I did! It was the icing on the cake for the best weekend ever! When we got out pictures back it was so hard to choose our favorites because we loved them all!! The quality of their work is impeccable. I cried looking at the pictures. The whole process of selecting the pictures and receiving the album was so easy and super quick!! OUR ALBUM IS BEAUTIFUL!!! I've never seen anything like it. I'm so happy that we have such a stunning snapshot of our special day to keep forever and show our children one day. Damian & Paula (Sun Gold Photography) are a class act all the way! Book them for your engagement/wedding and you will not be disappointed one bit. All of my guests loved them and we are happy to now call them family.

Sent on 03/10/2016

Sun Gold Photography's reply:

OMG! Phyllis and Cal, you guys are absolutely amazing and we are so happy to have been such a special part of your oh so special day/s. Love you guys!!

Andrea · Married on 04/24/2015

My husband and I were married at Rockhouse Hotel in Negril Jamaica on April 24th 2015, and we were lucky enough to have Damian and Paula there to capture our amazing day.

When I got engaged and decided on a small wedding in Jamaica, the hunt for an awesome photographer was on. The search didn't take long, as soon as I found Sun Gold and saw their photos, I knew I needed to book them ASAP. I loved their style and also the fact they are a husband and wife team!

They showed up on the wedding day, and it was almost like we had known each other for years! They are extremely professional, and made my husband and I feel so comfortable.

The whole day and night they took pictures nonstop! They work together seamlessly and the results are incredible! They are so creative and fun, and it's reflected in the photos they take. I was absolutely blown away!

Everyone at the wedding had SO much fun with Paula and Damian, and kept commenting on what sweet, wonderful people they truly are. I couldn't agree more! On top of being extremely talented photographers, they felt like family at our wedding, and our day would not have been the same without them. <3 I recommend Sun Gold to anyone and everyone!! : )

Ginger · Married on 11/07/2014

We LOVED working with Paula & Damien! They were so much fun and you could really feel their passion for what they do! It was a beautiful wedding and they definitely captured every amazing moment!

Chenise · Married on 05/03/2014

I can't remember how I found Paula and Damain of Sun Gold Photography...but at the end of the day, I am so glad I did. They photographed my wedding in Jamaica and did an amazing job. Paula and Damain were both so down to earth and put both me and my husband at ease. We felt really comfortable taking pictures and they made it a fun experience. We have gotten so many compliments on our pictures, some telling us they are the best wedding pictures they have ever seen. We are more than satisfied. I would definitely recommend their services to anyone. They were very responsive and affordable. We received our pictures within 2 weeks of our wedding date. They are a great team and I would use them again.

Tara · Married on 04/24/2014

Damian and Paula shot my friends wedding in Jamaica in 2008 and we loved there photos. So we asked Sun Gold to do our wedding photos in Jamaica on 4/24/14. They where such a pleasure to work with and very personable and fun. They do such a great a job and take beautiful photos. I was so excited to see them for the first time. They where just absolutely perfect. I am so glad that they where there to help document our special day. I would definitely recommend them to everyone.

Malaika · Married on 11/09/2013

Damian and Paula were simply Godsends on our big day. They accommodated our schedule, made us both at ease when wedding stress was insurmountable, and provided us with the best pictures I have ever seen. They work as a team and their combined passion for the craft is evident in all of their work. I only wished I'd ordered a photo book because I still have yet to create an album of our beautiful wedding. Best investment I've ever made!

Ashley · Married on 10/26/2013

Paula and Damian are AWESOME end of story. ;) They are both so much fun and down to earth they capture the most incredible moments when one of them is capturing one moment the other is capturing a moment most would have missed when I received my wedding pictures I was brought to tears with all that they captured in a click! They captured moments and feelings in my wedding that even I missed. I am so glad God lead me to find SunGold Photography I will never use another photographer because these guys are HANDS DOWN THE BEST OF THE BEST! I would defiantly recommend them to anyone

Brandon · Married on 10/26/2013

Sungold Photography- Mrs.Paula and Mr.Damian, are they any good you ask? No...."good" is an understatement to describe these two wonderful people! They're AWESOME!!!!! If u look up awesome in the dictionary, im pretty sure there names will be next to it, no joke! They treat you like family and you swear at the end of the day, you feel like you've known them your whole life. They are very great and awesome at what they do and you can tell to them its not just their "job", but their passion, and they take their work seriously and professionally but at the same time they know how to make it fun! Will I recommend them? Most definitely!....Will I put them first before any other photography company? Most certainly! Did they meet our expectations? Without a doubt plus more!!!

Oleg · Married on 06/07/2013

Paula and Damian from Sungold Photography were absolutely amazing. They were prompt, very professional, extremely easy to work with and flexible and most important of all they delivered. The photos are absolutely gorgeous. Worth every penny would for sure recommend them to anyone.

Amazing photographer, they really knew their stuff to capture amazing wedding photos. I would totally recommend.