SUMMIT Strings Reviews

74 | West Jefferson, NC

74 Reviews for SUMMIT Strings

• Liz

Liz Mcnichols · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Summit Strings were the best for my daughter’s wedding.

Summit Strings – quartet played at my daughter’s wedding in April 2019 at Sorella Farms.
    The string quartet played 30 minutes before the wedding – during the wedding and during the cocktail hour after the wedding while the family was getting pictures taken. Steve was wonderful to work with before the wedding and the whole quartet sounded wonderful. The day was cool – 58 degrees – and they had to keep tuning for the beautiful music. The reason we chose Summit Strings was because they had a beautiful and complete music list. From classical to more contemporary music – my daughter was able to choose music that she wanted to hear during her special day. They played “What a Wonderful World” as the family and friends came down the aisle and “A Thousand Years” as my daughter walked down the aisle. It was a magical moment – I will never forget. Summit Strings was an integral part of making the day beautiful and memorable – and I would hire them again for any occasion.
    Liz

Sent on 05/25/2019

Kate Young · Married on 06/06/2020

Couldn't have asked for better!

I discovered Summit Strings at a wedding I was at last fall and immediately knew they had to be a part of my special day. They assisted me with deciding on the perfect prelude music, the traditional bridal march music, and all the small details. Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without Steve.

Sent on 06/08/2020

David Bents · Married on 06/06/2020

I am a repeat customer

Summit Strings has played several events for myself, my family and friends over the last 3 years. Indoors and outdoors. From parties, serenades and individually commissioned performances to weddings ( their most popular service ).

Every time they have played for me I was impressed by their musicianship, professionalism and versatility. They enjoy
    what they do and it really shows.

Their repertoire is wide ranging : from pop tunes, to the traditional and intensely classical ( take a look at the web site www.summitstrings.com ). They can accommodate almost any request -- since so many of these numbers they do so often, the music comes out well-rehearsed, articulate and in perfect tune.

At venues large and small, they do their own sound setup with their own equipment. For outdoor settings they can make the music carry clean and legible across a large crowd, yet can tailor their acoustics to fit into the smallest spaces where intimacy is called for.

Of special note is the group’s leader and organizer Steve Holman, who manages to bring together the best musicians from around the Piedmont and welds them into a cohesive unit whose sound rivals some of the most well-known chamber groups here in the south. As an event organizer you will really appreciate that he is able to muster all this talent and, once arrangements have been made, deliver it on time and on schedule, for the previously agreed-upon price ( which is surprisingly reasonable ).

From my experiences with Summit Strings I believe they will bring good vibes to your event, enhance its’ effectiveness, and leave you with good memories.

Sent on 06/11/2020

Joe Schenkenfelder · Married on 03/12/2020

Funeral service for my wife

Summit Strings brought a perfect combination of professional image with the purest of sounds. My guest and family felt comfort and many stated that walking toward Summit Strings set the tone for the heart felt service. I asked Steve to perform in the lobby so guest who came early for the service could get a surprisingly close experience to the musicians and enjoy songs they immediately recognize .⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️-rating

Many thanks
    Joe Schenkenfelder
    London Kentucky

Sent on 03/14/2020
  • Kevin

Kevin · Married on 03/07/2020

Incredible!

Incredible experience across the board and perfect job on the music

Sent on 05/25/2020
  • Rebekah

Rebekah Daye · Married on 02/12/2020

Wonderful!!

Summit Strings was wonderful to work with. We couldn't of had better music for our wedding ceremony and reception. We were so happy and so were all of our guests. The music was beautiful and really set the tone for the wedding vision we were going for. Steve is a wonderful person to work with and I couldn't review anyone better.

Sent on 01/08/2020

Matt Daye · Married on 12/14/2019

Just outstanding. They are very talented and professional

We had nothing but great things to hear about Summit Strings. Amazing group of professional musicians. I would rather say artists than musicians cause they are professional artists who are the best I have ever heard!!

Sent on 12/26/2019
  • I

Ivy Beth Abernethy · Married on 11/09/2019

Solo Cellist

Steve from Summit Strings was absolutely amazing! I told him my vision for my wedding day and he exceeded my expectations. I have received many compliments so far about how amazing the cello music was.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Taylor · Married on 10/19/2019

Steve and his crew were great!

Steve and his crew were great! We received so many compliments on the ceremony and cocktail music. They truly helped make our wedding day perfect and I am sooo happy they were a part of our special day! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/30/2019

alison · Married on 08/31/2019

Summit Strings is Outstanding

Summit Strings did a fantastic job playing for my daughter's wedding. They were super easy to work with, accommodating and went the extra mile to help us with sound for the wedding ceremony in addition to performing. And the music was beautiful. We loved that they provided links of other performances so we could listen and make our own playlist. It was a perfect day and we are grateful!

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Megan

Megan Pack · Married on 08/16/2019

Amazing Musicians!!

I was very pleased with the service I received from Summit Strings. As a musician myself, it was VERY important to me to have talented, classy musicians on my wedding day and I received just that. Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Starnes Young · Married on 08/10/2019

Excellent & attentive

They went above and beyond for our ceremony. I was in a crunch and needed a violinist within 30 days and Steve called me within an hour to tell me he was actively trying to help me and we booked a violinist within a couple hours after initial contact. He saved the day and Lindsey was amazing the day of our wedding. Immediate responses to texts, questions, emails, etc. They were professional, affordable and friendly. Thank you! Also, I got to choose personalized song choices for our wedding day, which made it extra special.

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • W

William Russell · Married on 08/03/2019

Perfect choice for event

Summit Strings was the right choice. They offered a large variety of music choices from traditional strings to modern music. Respond quickly to any questions about song selection. Even brought amplification equipment and microphones since it was outside wedding Coordinated with photographer when setting up for wedding so they would not interfere with wedding shots. Music was awesome, lots of our guests complemented us on how well the sounded. So glad we chose them.

Sent on 08/09/2019

Peg · Married on 07/12/2019

Summit Strings Simply Elegant

Summit String string trio helped to make our daughter and son-in-law's wedding extra special. The music was beautiful and added a truly elegant flair to the wedding festivities. These professional musicians were exceptional and we were delighted with their performance, professionalism and responsiveness to our musical selection requests.

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Timberlake · Married on 06/26/2019

Perfect musicians for our daughter's wedding!

Summit Strings provided a wide range of song options for the ceremony and cocktail hour. This worked great as we had more non traditional song choices. They played beautifully! Also handled all the logistics of arrival and set up smoothly.

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Leah

Leah Chafin · Married on 06/08/2019

Worthy Investment!

We would commission Summit Strings to perform for us again in a heartbeat! Steve and the Summit Strings Trio were an absolute pleasure to work with in the weeks leading up to our wedding and they were a classy and unforgettable addition to our big day. Professional and easy going – even when we changed our mind a dozen times on what songs to play! They helped us create the perfect atmosphere for our guests and gave us exactly what we were hoping for. Our wedding simply wouldn’t have been the same without them and we would highly recommend Summit Strings for any special or corporate event. Thank you for everything, Steve!

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 05/04/2019

Awesome group to work with!

Everything about working with Summit Strings was easy and professional. They delivered exactly what we wanted for our party, we were extremely pleased.

Sent on 06/30/2019

Jd Miller · Married on 03/30/2019

Outdoor wedding and reception

We found the Summit Strings quartet to be extremely talented. They exhibit professionalism and demonstrated a true mastery of their instruments. Steve was a pleasure to work with, and was quick to customize their schedule based on our requests. We would call them again without question.

Sent on 04/03/2019

Keary Reid · Married on 01/06/2019

Professional group with talented musicians

Summit Strings made our special day unforgettable! Flexible and easy to work with, they went above and beyond to make our wedding magical. I highly recommend!

Sent on 06/23/2020

Adam · Married on 10/20/2018

Great addition to our wedding

We hired Summit Strings for our fall, outdoor wedding. Working with Steve was very easy. He was able to answer all of our questions, make suggestions and was flexible. He was able to accommodate all the songs we asked for including finding the music for some uncommon songs we wanted. On the day of we got so many compliments from guest about how beautiful it was to have them and how they sounded. I would recommend them for any wedding!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Katie · Married on 09/22/2018

We hired Summit Strings to play our ceremony. Steve and his partner learned two new songs for our ceremony which really added to the day for us. I really appreciated this and would work with Steve and Summit Strings again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/07/2018
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 09/08/2018

Steve provided beautiful cello music for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. He listened to our vision and worked with us to make it happen. One particularly special moment was when Steve accompanied a small group of our family members and friends singing “Down in the River to Pray.” I highly recommend him for your event!!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Charles · Married on 08/11/2018

We are very pleased with Summit Strings: high quality and very professional!
    In particular, Steve and the other members of the quartet rehearsed with our two teenagers so they could perform a duet during the wedding ceremony.
    We give Summit Strings our highest recommendation.

Sent on 09/08/2018

Lisa · Married on 06/09/2018

Our violinist made our wedding day special and unique. Raffaldini Vineyards is beautiful but this added an extra touch that our guests enjoyed!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Amy · Married on 06/02/2018

Steve Holman with Summit Strings was wonderful to work with before our wedding and the day of. Steve responded to my request for information right away and provided us a list of classical, modern and pop tunes that we could select from. We sent our in selections a month ahead of our wedding day and Steve was proactive in suggesting alternate pieces best suited for a trio. Steve attended our rehearsal and worked with our officiant to select the right microphone and amplification. He came to our rehearsal prepared and knew our ceremony order and which pieces were to be played when. The day of the wedding Steve and the two other musicians arrived an hour and a half before the ceremony start time and set up two standing microphones, one for the officiant and the other for our readers. The package we selected only included one microphone but Steve was incredibly kind to provide an additional microphone and sound amplification at no extra charge. It may seem like a small thing but the mics and amps were KEY during our outdoor ceremony considering the wind. The music was great during the ceremony and afterwards during the cocktail hour. Our guests loved the cocktail hour pop tunes and had a lot of fun and even sang along during some of the songs!

Sent on 07/20/2018