Summerly Photography Reviews

Summerly Photography 3
Summerly Photography 4

Kendra · Married on 10/27/2018

Excellent and professional

I’m not usually one to give 5 stars on everything, but Summer deserves it all around. She takes amazing pictures, while keeping the mood feeling light and comfortable. The use of the lighting she captures in her photos is thrilling and a true art. We will definitely be using her for other events when the time comes - she was a blast to work with.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Hannah · Married on 10/07/2018

Rustic chic meets elegant Midwest

Let me begin by saying that I’m an Indiana girl living in the magnificent jungle of NYC. I married my husband back home in Indiana, and let my mom pick, plan and execute every last detail of my wedding other than the groom and the dress- because I simply didn’t have the time or patience to deal with details while leading up to the big day. When I spoke with and then met Summer for my engagement photo shoot, she was without question the most laid back and hysterical person I have had the pleasure of working with. She was able to pull off gorgeous shots in a VERY limited timeframe and work with my frizzy curls, curvy frame, hot weather and make It all work somehow. Flash forward to the big day...: foreign in laws family with a serious English barrier, she managed to get everybody where they needed to be and make It work. I’d hire her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Chante · Married on 05/06/2018

Summer was exceptional. As most wedding days go it went by in a blink. The day was a blur but Summer was able to capture all the magic and precious moments perfectly. She was professional & flexible. Even in the rain she produced gorgeous pictures using the skybto her advantage. She was so patient with our unorganized group. It helps she is also hilarious making it easier for her to get smiles. We have toddlers that were exhausted and she still managed to make it work. I'm so impressed with the final results. Highly recommend her for your big day or family photos. Worth so much more!!!!

Sent on 05/22/2018
    Summerly Photography 5
    Summerly Photography 6
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 04/14/2018

Summer is wonderful to work with! She did our engagement photos and wedding photos for us. The images are stunning and she had them to us in no time at all! I will definitely contact Summer for any photo worthy moments we have in the future!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Andrea · Married on 10/07/2017

summer was wonderful! our photos turned out perfectly despite the rain! highly recommended!!

Sent on 10/24/2017
    Summerly Photography 7

Randi · Married on 10/06/2017

We love Summer and her work !!! She has a great personality and made the experience so easy. We are definitely going to have her back out for family photos.

Sent on 10/24/2017
    Summerly Photography 8

Ashley · Married on 09/23/2017

Summer was pure excellence from our engagement photos to the last dance. Once the wedding is over you will want to re-live the day and one of the only ways you can come close to doing so is through the pictures. Summer captured everything about the day- things I didn't even know were going in other rooms as I was getting ready... Each picture is beautiful and it will definitely be a struggle choosing which to include in an album and have framed for our home because they are all wonderful! Weddings are pricey and often you get what you pay for. I did tons of research before selecting Summer as my photographer and her price is extremely competitive and her work is top-notch. You do not want your wedding photos to be something you wish you had chosen someone else to do after the fact. I am so happy I chose to work with Summer and after seeing our photos I am even more convinced of my decision. Also she is extremely responsive. This is so important. As you lead up to the wedding you want to get your questions and concerns answered as soon as possible and she was always available for my inquiries. I would highly recommend her and definitely use her again. Thank you Summer for allowing me to re-live my beautiful wedding day over and over through your fantastic work!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Katie · Married on 08/12/2017

Summer is amazing! She's very professional and she traveled to my hometown that she had never shot at before. The pictures turned out amazing and my husband and I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Callie · Married on 07/15/2017

Summer is worth every. Single. Penny. Not only are her pictures phenomenal, she's fun, witty, and quick with getting GREAT shots. We thought we needed two photographers, but Summer assured us she could do it on her own. She was right!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/17/2017

Summer is awesome! She is so talented and takes the most amazing pictures! She is so funny and makes you feel comfortable! Everyone who saw my wedding pictures said they were "magazine worthy!" She goes out of her way to make you happy and is worth every penny!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Hannah · Married on 06/03/2017

Summer did a great job on both our engagement and wedding photos! She is very laid back and has a great sense of humor which worked well with my (now) husband and I's personalities. Summer is very responsive and communicative. Her turnaround time is superb as well! We would highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Steve · Married on 04/08/2017

Summer is friendly and makes the photo shoots fun. She is very professional and her work is impeccable.

Sent on 05/27/2017

Kim · Married on 03/17/2017

Summer is the best! Very creative and talented! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her photography services!

Sent on 05/27/2017

Lacey · Married on 12/31/2016

Absolutely Amazing! Worth every penny!

Sent on 01/19/2017

Aimee · Married on 11/12/2016

Summer was absolutely amazing!! We had seen her work and were thrilled she was available on our wedding date. She worked with us as we planned the big day. She was patient and kind when I was frazzled from planning the wedding, and she helped ease my anxiety by helping me put together the day-of timeline. I really wanted autumn outdoor pictures. She found a location on the way from the ceremony cite to the reception to take pictures that was perfect. On the wedding day, she kept us on track, but was still respectful of the "will you grab this shot" requests. We got our pictures back less than two weeks after the event... AND THEY WERE BREATHTAKING!! My husband and I love them. We are so thankful that we had Summer as our photographer!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Megan · Married on 10/22/2016

Summer was great! She was so fun to work with and made everything so stress free. We got our pictures back really quickly and I couldn't be happier. The way she brings out the colors in the pictures is incredible. We will definitely be using her again for any pictures we may need in the future!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Kristen · Married on 09/17/2016

We are so happy we chose Summer as our photographer! She did our engagement and wedding photos. We could not have been happier! Summer is great at communicating and is always quick to get back with you. She really works with you to get the best pictures. Her photos are beautiful and her turn around time is faster than expected. You cannot go wrong with Summer!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Julianna · Married on 09/04/2016

Summer is amazing and she definitely captured our love on our wedding day for our friends and family to enjoy for the years to come. Our original photographer canceled on us 3 weeks before our wedding. Summer stepped in with such short notice without hesitation. Summer's communication is very prompt and she was very open minded with my photo ideas. The day of the wedding was perfect. Summer arrived to our wedding venue early and was ready to go look around for the perfect photo locations. Summer was great at thinking outside the box. Summer was able to take charge of our large families for awesome sparkler photos at the end of our reception. After our wedding, Summer was great about showing us sneak peek photos as she was editing them. Her communication was great and we received our photos exactly when she predicted. Our photos turned out amazing. My husband and I highly recommend her. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/18/2016

Alysse · Married on 08/27/2016

Summer was so great to work with. She was patient and understanding when we started to run behind on schedule for our wedding day. She was great at "arranging/ corralling" everyone to stay on task and to get through pictures quickly esp. in the heat (95 +). The pictures we have seen thus far are beautiful and the lighting is everything. She knows what she is doing and is very upfront with you about you are going to get and how to get it. We really wanted a sunset photo, but the weather and timing was completely against us. Summer talked us through it and in the end we realized we didn't have the best conditions for it. So instead we got to stay at the reception and hang out with our loved ones vs. leaving the reception and rushing back. I cant wait to work with Summer again, it is definitely a must!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Summer was amazing - she is everything I was looking for in a photographer! The wedding photos were the most important thing to me at the wedding (aside from my groom of course!) and Summer nailed it! She was extremely organized, professional, on top of everything, got the shots that I wanted and I had my wedding photos back within two weeks (in the prettiest little artsy box! Yay!) I love Summer's fun personality, she made us laugh and fit in with our relaxed personalities while also making sure we stayed focused on what we needed to get done. She told us how to pose best to make us look our best - something I had asked her explicitly to do! We wanted to look our best and Summer made sure we did. She has an excellent eye - the best in the midwest. Her style was perfectly balanced between a photojournalistic look and traditional photography. (or thats what we went with!) Take a look through Summer's galleries and find inspiration! Summer is very easy to talk to and work with - she has a great structure the day of. She kept me (the bride) calm and smiling - perfect for pictures :) THANK YOU SUMMER!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Sara · Married on 06/11/2016

Summer is such a talented photographer and it was a honor to work with her! From our engagement photos to our wedding photos, she was always detailed, responsive, honest and creative. We loved working with her, and are so grateful to have such beautiful pictures to remember one of the best days of our lives!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/24/2015

Summer is very talented! She has a fun and outgoing personality, and a lot of great ideas. She did all of the thinking for us when it came to the photos. She had great direction, and she also asked us if there was any poses/shots we would like her to capture. We received a link to our photos in an online gallery very promptly, as well as a disc with high resolution photos in the mail. It is very convenient to share the photos with friends and family online with the gallery. It gives them the ability to print any photos they wish! I would HIGHLY recommend Summer for any photo needs! Absolutely gorgeous photos!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Kelly · Married on 09/19/2015

Summer was amazing. Our pictures were beautiful and she was very easy to work with. Very friendly and flexible. I loved all our pictures and all her ideas and we received a copy of our pictures about a week after the wedding!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Tess · Married on 08/28/2015

Summer did an absolutely amazing job with our engagement and wedding photos. We couldn't have been happier. She seemed to capture ever moment I didn't even know I wanted! I was worried about not having two photographers at our wedding but she promised she would capture everything and she was right! I would recommend Summer to anyone looking for a fun, upbeat, and greatly skilled photographer. Thanks again!

Sent on 09/13/2015
  • O

Olyvia · Married on 08/01/2015

I am so glad I stumbled upon Summerly Photography while I was looking for a wedding photographer last summer. She was fantastic! She was extremely professional and friendly. She wanted to get the best pictures possible, quickly, so that my husband and I could continue to enjoy our wedding day with our family and friends. She was great about taking any pictures that were suggested to her. I can not say enough great things about this photographer. I would use her again in an instant.

Sent on 08/03/2015