Summer Gibbs Photography Reviews

21 | Charlottesville, VA

21 Reviews for Summer Gibbs Photography

Summer Was awesome, we had our wedding in the lake norman area and Summer and her friend Megan where there capturing every moment till the very end!! They where so professional we didn't even realise they where there! Summer is great to work with I would highly recommend using her for your special day!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Samantha · Married on 12/13/2014

Summer was the photographer for 2 weddings I was in several years ago and did fantastic work, so when I got engaged myself I already knew that I wanted her for our wedding. The quality of her photography speaks for itself in her photo gallery, but beyond that I really appreciate her ability to capture amazing candids without being intrusive AT ALL. I've been to several weddings where the photographer is in the middle of everything, bossing people around to pose for pictures, etc. - and one of the reasons I chose Summer is because she is the exact opposite of this. She is also easy to work with in general - personable, responsive, and flexible. Her pricing is very reasonable, too. I had a destination wedding so paid her travel costs in addition to the photography package we had agreed upon, and even with that I paid less and got more out of it than would be the case if I had gone with the "best deals" for photography near our venue. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/31/2014

A. · Married on 06/25/2012

Summer was fantastic to work with and she takes stunning photos. She is so kind and professional. I love every single one of the engagement, bridal, and wedding photos that she took. There have been innumerable comments and praises from my guests about how amazing the pictures are. I really cannot thank her enough. If you need anymore convincing, check out her website. The photos will take your breath away.

Sent on 08/23/2012

Michelle · Married on 09/23/2011

Summer was amazing! We had a hectic non-traditional wedding in the Shenandoah mountains and she was so flexible with all the chaos. She is definitely a very skilled photographer. We had pretty bad weather for our outdoor wedding (rainy, misty, foggy) and she somehow managed to capture everything and make the pictures look dream like and beautiful. Since we got married in the mountains, nothing was very close together (where I got my hair done, where I got ready, and location of the wedding ceremony) and Summer had no problem driving around to meet me at the various locations. She was so nice and is great at listening to what your individual needs/preferences are. Also, after seeing plenty of friends' photos from their wedding I think Summer is very reasonably price in the wedding industry for her level of talent. I would definitely recommend her not just for her photography but also because she's super nice and fun to talk to!

Sent on 06/24/2012

Jacquie · Married on 09/03/2011

We found Summer Gibbs photography by searching online for photographers that would travel to sites outside the US. We fell in love after looking through her website, and were even more pleased when we contacted Summer! Not only was she flexible, knowledgeable and organized, she somehow managed to make the photography aspect the LEAST stressful of all our wedding experiences -- quite a feat being the one thing we valued most highly! The experience (particularly the trash the dress session) was wonderful and I think the beauty of our pictures reflect both her skillful eye and how she was able to put us at ease throughout the sessions. She also has been very responsive after the wedding. We continue to receive wonderful compliments on the photos, and look at them frequently as she truly captured the essence of the weekend! I would recommend Summer highly, particularly to those doing a destination-typed wedding!

Ari · Married on 09/03/2011

Captured our wedding perfectly. Professional, Flexible, Friendly, Awesome!!

Sent on 06/19/2012

Lucia · Married on 05/07/2011

Summer was an absolute pleasure to work with. We had been looking for the perfect photographer and as soon as we found her website we knew she was the best. Summer met with us right away and suggested we do a bridal portrait session before the wedding, and she was amazing! The wedding day she arrived perfectly on time and took the most beautiful pictures. She is not only talented, but has beautiful classy taste. If you are looking for the best photographer and quality she is the one to call.

Sent on 06/19/2012
  • kim

kim · Married on 04/16/2011

I can't say enough about Summer Gibbs photography......just look at our wedding pictures, they take your breath away! Summer was not only professional but a friend, she made it very comfortable and fun! I couldn't be any more happier with our wedding pictures or our overall experience. Friends were amazed by our pictures and thought that looked like they were right out of a magazine (and if Summer can make me look like a model, she's a GOD because I am not photogenic). And I must say, I haven't seen better wedding pictures out there! I promise, you will not be disappointed!

Jane · Married on 03/05/2011

Years before my wedding I saw some photos Summer did for a friend, and knew that she'd be at the top of my list. We used Summer for our entire wedding weekend, including Rehearsal Dinner and 10 hours the day of the wedding (which ended up more like 12 when the band never really stopped playing -- and she was such a trooper). Summer is incredible at capturing not just the typical posed standard photos, but goes above and beyond with candids that truly get the emotion of the day. She documented so much feeling in my husband and me, our families and our guests that I really don't see in most wedding photographers. On top of that, she is an awesome value and was flexible in building our package. I can't say how important it is that we have all of our photos on CDs -- that's rarer than one would think and the prices were very reasonable. Summer even helped us get slightly around a rule in our church of only one shot during the ceremony...we have three, thanks to her! I'd absolutely recommend Summer for both destination and hometown weddings (ours was hometown, and so many of hers are in beautiful places so I know they're amazing too).

Sophi · Married on 02/14/2011

I found this photographer online and was a little concerned not knowing her and being from another country, but seemed impressed with her destination work. I have to say she was totally amazing and fulfilled all my dreams of wedding photography. We now have the most amazing set of photos to look back on and remember that special day. Nothing was forced or posed and her quality of work is second to none. I couldn't recommend her enough, she was worth every penny. BOOK SUMMER GIBBS!! :)

Vanessa · Married on 01/22/2011

Summer did an amazing job on my engagement and wedding photos! We had terrible weather for both days, but she managed to make the photos come out beautifully! And since we had such terrible weather, she even offered to do an additional photo shoot in the Spring for FREE! We ended up not doing the free shoot though because we were so pleased with the photos that she had taken. She is an amazing person and an even more amazing photographer. We get constant comments about how wonderful our engagement and wedding photos are, we cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 07/05/2012
  • CarolAnn

CarolAnn · Married on 11/13/2010

Summer Gibbs made the wedding photography planning such a breeze for me and my husband. We told her what we wanted overall and she made it happen. She is fun to work with and very easygoing! She is able to capture all the memories of your wedding! I highly recommend her services. She is a one of a kind talent!

• Martha

Martha · Married on 10/16/2010

Summer was great to work with. She is very responsive and listens to your needs and wants. Everything that was important to me I went over with her beforehand, and she was able to capture it all. All my guests were impressed with her professionalism at the wedding and very much enjoyed how she captured our family in her candid shots. She was wonderful to have as a photographer and made the wedding less stressful for me because I didn't have to worry about her capturing my day.

Sent on 12/03/2010

Lauren · Married on 05/08/2010

When we starting planning our wedding, I told my fiancé, now husband, that the photographer was one of the most important elements that I wanted to focus on when planning our wedding. Finding a photographer that I liked, was a tall order to fill. After all, I am kind of an OCD perfectionist! Then, I saw Summer's work and thought she was too good to be true. As it happens, I was wrong. I didn't just like Summer's work, I LOVED it! During our wedding, not only was Summer professional, she was also warm and personable and made me feel so comfortable and happy! I am thrilled to say that my search for the perfect photographer paid off. Summer is the epitome of an excellent photographer and our pictures are the best I've ever seen. Thank you for making our wedding so memorable, special and perfect!

Sent on 10/13/2010

Alison · Married on 01/26/2010

I wish there were more stars to select because Summer deserves 10! Summer took both our engagement pictures in Chapel Hill, NC and our wedding pictures in St. Lucia. Pictures are extremely important to and Summer went above and beyond to make sure she understood what we wanted. I knew the pictures would be great, but when we recieved the DVD of our pictures in the mail we were absolutely blown away. If you are in search of a wedding photographer that will not only capture your day, but give you memories for a lifetime that will take your breath away...look no further.

Sent on 10/15/2010

kim · Married on 01/03/2009

Summer and her assistant wee AMAZING! Took so many pictures and were so professional!

Sent on 01/13/2009

amanda · Married on 09/27/2008

For me, the photography was the most important part of my wedding. These are the memories you are going to carry on forever.. the pictures my kids and grandkids are going to look at! Summer did an amazing job!! She captured every little detail!! She is a wonderful person to work with and is able to be flexible with your needs. I would definitely recommend her for your wedding!!!

Sent on 10/28/2010

Brittany · Married on 04/05/2008

Summer was absolutely the best I could have asked for. I knew that pictures of our wedding day were one of the most important things, and I wanted everything possible documented. Summer did more than that, documenting more than I could have ever imagined! She was so caring and thoughtful from the engagement pictures through the wedding and after! She took so many wonderful pictures that when it came time to pick out the ones for the album, I just couldn't pick because they were all so good! Summer took the time to go through all 1000 pictures and find the ones based on our personalities that would fit perfectly into our album. I would recommend Summer to everybody, she was the best I could have ever asked for!

Sent on 10/19/2010

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2007

Summer was excellent!! She took wonderful pictures!! She worked with us as far as payments and she did what the bride wanted! She didn't take over and she let me have my own ideas and she was very prompt in responding to any questions I had. She is a great photographer and I would recommend her to anyone!! I couldn't have asked for anyone better!! The service was superb!! her packages were greatly priced, better than anything i found around Mebane and Burlington!

Sent on 01/12/2008

catherine · Married on 12/18/2011

Summer was fantastic, she was on time, friendly, and professional and most importantly the pictures were fantastic!!

Sent on 01/24/2012