SugarElla's Reviews

SugarElla's 4
  • Johanna

Johanna · Married on 08/31/2019

Outstanding!

Sugarella's was super helpful throughout the entire planning process, and made sure our wedding day was everything it could be, and more! From providing delicious food, displayed beautifully (and did I mention their cake is outstanding?!!), to providing bartenders that worked around my complicated bar menu, to directing the flow of the reception, and even teaching us how to lay tableclothes during set-up so the venue would look as good as possible, Kim and her team really exceeded our expectations. And she was able to work within our budget, to boot! You're not going to find a more personable caterer, truly invested in every aspect of their quality of service and the success of your event than Sugarella's.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Kathleen · Married on 06/28/2019

Wonderful service and people

SugarElla’s helped make our day amazing. The team worked with us on details of menu items and decorations! They truly enjoy what they do and want each couple to have a wedding unique to them! Also, their food and service were fabulous.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Melissa · Married on 07/28/2018

SugarElla's catered my wedding and did an amazing job! The appetizers, dinner, and everything else was absolutely delicious. They were a treat to work with and had lots of great ideas. One thing our guests really loved was the outdoor food truck SugarElla's set up offering mini cupcakes and mini milkshakes for dessert! It really made the evening special. I would recommend SugarElla's to any bride looking for a wedding caterer.

SugarElla's 5
    SugarElla's 6
    SugarElla's 7
    SugarElla's 8
    Sent on 08/28/2018

Katherine · Married on 03/10/2018

We were very happy with the catering services provided by SugarEllas for our daughter's wedding. They were wonderful right from the start at the tasting all the way to the wedding reception and even cleaning up! Our guests were so impressed with the appetizers (the French onion soup won-tons are so good!), the dinner, the place settings/menus, the wonderful 10 kinds of pie (who needs cakes?), and to top it off...the fabulous Taco Trailer while dancing! Kim and Carlisle's attention to detail is amazing...they are not simply caterers, but truly even coordinators! Couldn't have done it without them!

Sent on 03/18/2018

Rahul · Married on 06/17/2017

We had SugarEllas cater our rehearsal dinner for 65 and provide a mini pie bar (100 pies) for the reception. Both were fabulous. Kim did a special tasting and Indian style menu for the dinner which was delicious and she also came out and did a beautiful setup include get to go boxes for extras. She also provided a cooler for beer which we had not asked or planned for but which came in handy.
    The pie bar was a giant hit, and the mini pies basically disappeared within minutes. And to top it off, the pricing was great and she was easy to work with. Can't recommend her enough and would most definitely use her again!

Sent on 06/22/2017

SugarElla's's reply:

Thank you so much Rahul ! We had a blast doing both your events. I promise a road trip to bring you pies! The best to you and Lauren!!
    Kim

Emily · Married on 12/17/2016

3.0

Sugar Ellas provided great service at my wedding. The price was. Wet reasonable and the food was good. However, they were very hard to get ahold of you in days leading up to the wedding, which added stress.

Sent on 06/25/2017

SugarElla's's reply:

Thank you so much Emily for taking time to review our company. Since your event we have added more staff to better assist our clients on an hourly basis. We always tried to respond in less than 24 hours before. Having a wedding planner we were in contact with as well, helped prepare for your special day. The best to you both!

Amy · Married on 08/06/2016

We hired Sugarella's for our daughter's wedding last August. The food was amazing quality and they also did the wedding cake. It was delicious! We would recommend this caterer!

Sent on 06/23/2017

SugarElla's's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company. We enjoyed the beautiful day! We continue to make changes to better serve our clients. The best to the newlyweds!

Jenna · Married on 11/05/2016

4.2
      3.0

Overall this vendor was easy to work with working up to the wedding day! We had some technical difficulties with emailing back and forth, but when we were able to communicate her responsiveness was quick and helpful. My biggest complaint was at the actual wedding reception I was approached as well as my mother was approached for payment. I should have just paid ahead instead of doing it the day of but her tactfulness during the reception to get payment was very harsh and difficult to deal with as my mom got pulled away and missing the cake cutting.

Sent on 06/21/2017

SugarElla's's reply:

Jenna, I am so sorry to hear this. I never meant to be harsh or unprofessional. As of a first of the year that policy has changed and no longer do we do payments the day of events. I wish I would of known about this sooner. I hope everything is well. The best to both of you!

Jillian · Married on 09/23/2016

4.2
      3.5
      2.5

Kim gave us excellent service right up front. She was very responsive to our questions and she even did a tasting for my parents and mother-in-law before we signed the contract. We were planning from California so all of our contact was over phone or e-mail. She did a good job responding to e-mails as the date got closer, but some of the correspondence closer to the date were a little delayed and/or conversations on the phone were short. The food tasted amazing on our Wedding Day. We had the chicken almondine and the acorn squash with wild rice for a veggie option for the dinner. Her staff was wonderful and everything looks great on the day of. We rented the linen's and place settings for her too and those turned out excellent. Thanks to you and your staff for helping to make our Wedding Day special!

Sent on 10/01/2016

SugarElla's's reply:

Thank you for the review Jillian Your wedding was beautiful ! I am sorry to hear that you thought I did not respond fast enough to emails or our conversations were short. I tried to answer all your questions as they came up. The best to you both.