SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

863 Reviews for SugarBakers Cakes

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

863 SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

Libby · Married on 05/10/2014

Sugarbakers provided the cake for our daughter's wedding at the Westin in Annapolis MD-they did a fabulous job on the cake. It was beautiful and tasted good too!

Alicia · Married on 05/09/2014

We tried Sugarbakers first and nothing we tried after could even compare. The cakes are amazing and delicious...so moist and flavorful. Our guests raved about it. We ordered a cake design that we had seen in person, but asked them to do it in buttercream instead of fondant. It was so smooth and perfect when I first saw it, I thought maybe they had accidentally put fondant on! We did most of our communication by email because I was not in the area while planning, so sometimes it took a few emails to get things figured out, but despite any confusion in the planning process, the cake turned out perfectly and everyone I dealt with was very friendly.

Kenya · Married on 05/04/2014

We ordered the amaretto cake for our wedding and we still receive compliments. The cake was also very beautifully decorated. Sugarbakers was very helpful and incorporated the ideas and the decoration that we wanted to use.

Hillary · Married on 04/27/2014

Instead of a traditional wedding cake, my husband and I decided to order a variety of cakes to display at our wedding. SugarBakers is our favorite bakery in the area, and they didn't disappoint on our wedding day. We ordered five cakes, and each one was beautifully decorated and incredibly delicious. The ordering process was quick and simple, and we opted to pick up the cakes instead of having them delivered. The order was ready on time, and everything was wonderful. We will definitely continue to recommend SugarBakers to all of our friends!

mariah · Married on 04/26/2014

I would definitely recommend SugarBakers Cakes not just for wedding cakes but for cakes period! My husband & I ordered our wedding cake from them, then after a cake tasting we came back almost every month to get a slice of cake. The cake was always moist and fresh no matter what day or time we picked up some. This ultimately resulted in me ordering my husband his favorite flavor in the form of a groom's cake for our wedding. At our wedding we both had huge smiles as we saw how great the custom flowers on our wedding cake and how realistic the Lego pieces looked on his groom's cake. Now, we can't wait to our anniversary in April to dig into a 6-inch top tier of our wedding cake that isn't frozen but fresh since they have a 1st anniversary cake program.

Shelby · Married on 04/12/2014

SugarBakers is DELICIOUS. Our wedding cake was the raspberry amaretto & it might be definitely the most delicious cake I've ever had! Service was great and our cake turned out beautifully!

Mary · Married on 04/12/2014

We loved our wedding cake!

First off, the cake tasting was a lot of fun. My husband and I took our time tasting their cake, which was simple yet very tasty.

We went over the design with them and I handed them a swatch as to what color I wanted the cake (so it would match my color scheme) and it was perfect! They even confirmed the design and flavor of the cake when I made my final payment.

When we took a bite into our cake for the cake cutting ceremony, it was delicious! I thought it was reasonable pricing for the size and design of our cake.

We plan to go back to the bakery just to pick up desserts!

Kristen · Married on 04/11/2014

OUTSTANDING! Sugarbakers made our Ceremonial cake and had 2 sheet cakes for us to serve to our guests. We had an international wedding so I had this vision of making a globe cake with a dotted line from England to Australia then Australia to Baltimore (where we met, got engaged, got married). I thoguht as long as the cake is blue with some random land masses that are close enough to the continents, we'll be fine. It was so much better than we expected. I think most people wlaked in and thought it was actually a globe. I remember going over to it before our ceremony even started and having the bulb go off in my head THIS IS MY CAKE!!! It was unbelievably cool!

We went with 3 flavors i think- red velvet fudge, amaretto raspberry, and chocolate toffee mousse (i think). And they were all a hit. If I had one regret it's that the only bite I had on the night, was the bite we fed each other! There were flavors for most people to enjoy, the buttercream icing just MELTS in your mouth, and the cake was so moist. Truly outstanding bakers who helped us bring our vision to life.

We only did 1 tasting for our wedding cake - at SugarBakers. I've known so many people that have used them - so I knew it be delicious and it was! We had a wedding cake with lemon, red velvet & strawberry - all were delicious - and I am already looking forward to eating our anniversary cake next year.

Sugarbakers also made us a surprise groom's cake that was a bushel of crabs for my husband- it was absolutely amazing. Literally people did not even understand it was a cake - it looked that REAL! My husband is still talking about how insane the cake was.

Responses to my emails & calls were always prompt & everything was delivered perfectly.

Hands down the easiest part of our wedding!

We initially went to SugarBakera based on a friends recommendation. The cake was delicious so we booked them that day. We had an idea of what we wanted and also added a bit when we saw what they could do. Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious.

I also wanted to get a grooms cake which I ordered over the phone. It was exactly what I wanted!! I am so pleased with how easy it was to order and how delicious it turned out!

• User4431982 · 2+ years ago

SugarBakers provided us with 3 wedding cakes for our reception. They exceeded our expectation!

Julie · Married on 03/23/2014

DELICIOUS and BEAUTIFUL wedding cake =) I was very pleased with the appearance and taste of our wedding cake. It looked so much better in person! We got their service through our wondering venue Catering by Uptown. Thank you guys for your awesome work!

Cassie · Married on 03/21/2014

SugarBakers provided us with twelve 6-inch cakes to use as centerpieces for our wedding in March. They were extremely easy to work with, and the cakes were delicious! We ordered them about two months in advance, and chose 3 separate cakes. SugarBakers delivered them to the venue the day of the event. We got many compliments from our guests on the cakes, and I would highly recommend SugarBakers to anyone else!

We worked with Gulia to design our cake and it turned out to be the best wedding cake I've ever had -- and I'm not just saying that because it was OUR cake. I've been to plenty of friends' weddings and also work weddings as my weekend job, so I've had my fill of different cakes. We had a three-tier chocolate mousse and raspberry amaretto cake, and I still crave it to this day. We loved the raspberry amaretto so much that I ordered it again for my husband's birthday cake. The design process was so easy and they brought our design to life. They are more expensive than the other bakeries we looked into but well worth it!

Kori · Married on 03/08/2014

We used SugarBakers for our March 2014 wedding. The cake was not only absolutely beautiful, but it tasted amazing!! It was a 5 tier cake with alternating tiers of red velvet cake and vanilla cake with chocolate fudge frosting in between. The cake was to die for!!!!!! I would definitely use them again!!!

Lacey · Married on 01/18/2014

Our cake was included with our contract with our venue, but it was a SugarBakers cake and holy moley is it delicious. I have been drooling over this cake since the first time we tasted it, and have been joking about just getting married for the cake for about a year now! They even went with our request to match the scroll work on the cake to some detailing on my engagement ring.

Amber · Married on 12/14/2013

I highly recommend Sugar Bakers. We went in one weekday and scheduled a tasting, had the tasting, told them what we wanted, and it was delivered just as we asked day-of. Not only was it exactly what we wanted, it was delicious too! I frequent this Bakery and they have yet to let me down!

Ever since I was a little girl I've always known that I wanted a sugar bakers cake for my wedding. It was the first easy decision of the wedding planning process. I told them exactly what I wanted and when I saw my cake for the first time I almost cried because it was even better than what I had imagined. They also did my groomsman cake and both of them were absolutely delicious. I have and will always recommend Sugarbakers for whoever is in need of cake no matter how big or small the occasion. My husband and I even go to the shop to get a slice of raspberry amaretto. Stop looking for a cake vendor now and call or e-mail sugarbakers! Price, value and service is unmatched. You will not be disappointed!

This was by far the best cakes that I tried. I loved so many of them. I ended up going with red velvet and their Raspberry Amaretto. I had a lot of compliments on the taste and the look of the cake. They were very helpful when I went their to order the cake. I didn't have an idea of what I wanted but they helped me by starting out with looking at books and then making suggestions as we talked about it. They were so great!!

Carol · Married on 12/07/2013

My daughter was married on 12/7/13 and got her wedding cake from Sugar Bakers. Not only was it delicious, but it was almost too beautiful to cut. The lace detail was so intricate and the large sugar flower on the side of the cake was amazing. We couldn't have been more pleased with how it turned out. Everyone said it was the best wedding cake they had ever eaten! Jamie was terrific to work with as well. Kudos to Sugar Bakers!

Lauren · Married on 11/23/2013

My cake came out beautiful and delicious! Sugarbakers was able to carry out my vision perfectly.

Erin · Married on 11/23/2013

We ordered two cakes for our rehearsal dinner and had wonderful recommendations from the staff. The cakes were delicious, on time, and were the perfect addition to our table.

Ann Marie · Married on 11/16/2013

I found Sugar Baker Cakes through Reviews here on Wedding Wire and I am so so so glad that we did. My husband and I made an appointment on a busy Saturday and were lucky enough to sit down with Jamie the owner. She is amazing - so sweet and definitely helped accommodate the design I was looking for.

Everyone knows that I do not like sweets so the cake was more important to my fiance than it was to me. Once I tasted their cake I was so blown away. It's perfect - not to rich but so much flavor. It's moist and just really the best cake I had ever tasted. Not only did we think that but all of our guests did as well. I can't wait to have it again on the 1 year anniversary :) SugarBaker Cakes is great at what they do, the reviews prove that. I promise if you use them you won't be disappointed!

Stephanie · Married on 11/09/2013

Our cake came from SugarBakers Cakes, by way of Celebrations at the Bay. It was included in the cost of the reception, and it was an insanely delicious cake. We chose their Red Velvet, and Carrot Cakes, and both were amazing. It was beautiful, and tasty and just, wow. So good!

Monica · Married on 10/26/2013

Our caterer uses SugarBakers, so we never dealt with them directly, but our cake was incredibly delicious. The hardest part of the tasting was deciding which cake flavors to pick because they were all so awesome. Very moist and not too sweet. We had a 3-tier cake with 2 different flavors and buttercream frosting on the outside. It was beautiful, and not a crumb was left. Can't wait to have our 1 year anniversary cake from them.