836 Reviews for SugarBakers Cakes

Pastries (2)
Cookies (1)
Dessert Buffet (1)
836 SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

Our cake came from SugarBakers Cakes, by way of Celebrations at the Bay. It was included in the cost of the reception, and it was an insanely delicious cake. We chose their Red Velvet, and Carrot Cakes, and both were amazing. It was beautiful, and tasty and just, wow. So good!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/9/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our caterer uses SugarBakers, so we never dealt with them directly, but our cake was incredibly delicious. The hardest part of the tasting was deciding which cake flavors to pick because they were all so awesome. Very moist and not too sweet. We had a 3-tier cake with 2 different flavors and buttercream frosting on the outside. It was beautiful, and not a crumb was left. Can't wait to have our 1 year anniversary cake from them.

Profile Picture Monica, 10/26/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had probably half a sheet cake left over and we froze it. It is still tasting good even six months later.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 10/26/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers did our cake through the Inner Harbor Sheraton in Baltimore. We did the standard cake tasting a few months before the event and decided to go with Carrot and Dos Leche cake as our two varieties. I'm usually a bit skeptical about cake, as I am not much of a sweets person, but they knocked the cake out of the park. Not only was it beautifully done, but it tasted delicious with people telling us it was the best wedding cake they've ever had. Highly recommended (though I know their solid reputation precedes them)!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Nate, 10/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

MOST DELICIOUS CAKE I have ever had at a wedding! Sugarbaker's was great to work with on the consult and their prices were really reasonable for the simple, modern cake we wanted.

The cake turned out gorgeous, the blue icing was vibrant in color and the buttercream frosting was so delicious. Most wedding cakes are dry on the inside and this wasn't. It was delicious and creamy and I'm glad that the entire cake got eaten but sad at the same time because we didn't get to take any home.

Worth every penny, using them again soon!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had a great experience with Sugarbakers. We met with them several months before our wedding and chose the style and the flavor of cake we wanted. Then we designed a pretty elaborate topper for the cake. We sent photos of the dogs and the cat that we have adopted through the years, along with a sketch of what we thought they should look like on the cake, and they executed perfectly. The cake was a hit -- and it tasted amazing as well.

Profile Picture Jeff, 10/19/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was just absolutely beautiful!!! And to make it even better , it was delicious!! I can't tell you how many times I have had wedding cake at a wedding and it was awful. No one can say that about our cake. It was perfect, I didn't even want to cut it!! The level of service is outstanding also, I was even called about a week from my wedding to ensure that I was ok and to make sure that I did not have any last minutes changes on my cake. Outstanding service!! This was my husband's most important thing to our wedding and he also was not disappointed!! I am so glad we went with SugarBaker's!! I can't wait for our anniversary cake now!;)

Profile Picture Heather, 10/18/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

This bakery provided not only the cake, but wonderful pick up desserts that the guests raved about. We wish we had used this bakery for another family event a few years ago. That company we used had a big reputation, but their cake did not come even close to the quality of the Sugarbakers cake we had at this wedding. Even the tasting was so much fun!

Profile Picture Lori, 10/12/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We did not get our cake directly through Sugar Bakers, but our caterer uses them exclusively for wedding cakes. When we called to ask if they'd received the ribbon we sent for our cake, they were organized and responsive, even though we hadn't worked directly through them. Our wedding cake was delicious!! It was beautifully decorated, flavorful, and had great texture. Sugar Bakers offers a variety of flavors (we chose amaretto raspberry and chocolate toffee mousse). If we need to get a cake for a special event in the future we would definitely use Sugar Bakers.

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/6/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Hands down - our cake was PERFECT! From the moment we went for our consultation we were satisfied. We enjoyed our tasting and picking out our design. We were listened to and heard well as our cake was everything we wanted! The colors and design were perfect and the cake itself was delicious. All of our guests raved about it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/6/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We ordered our cake from SugarBakers at the advice of a family friend. While they are a bit pricey - you definitely get the best quality cake. Their tasting process was very profession and organized - and you had plenty of options to choose from - many choices from frosting, to cake flavor, to fillings, to decorations, lay out, cake stand, etc. You literally get to build your cake from the ground up. At the reception we caught wind that the truck delivering the cake had broken down (yikes) - and YET, the cake still got their before dinner was served!!!!! Great ability to respond to a crisis!!! Our guests raved about the cake (some of them who had been in the bakery business for years with very expensive taste). Aside from the taste - the cake was absolutely stunning!!! Exactly what we asked for - couldn't even complain if I wanted to! You don't even have to freeze the top, SugarBakers gives you a mini cake on your 1 year anniversary for free!!! If you have the budget for it - please don't even look anywhere else - this is the best Bakery in the area!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/5/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Using Sugarbakers for our wedding on October 5th, 2013 was one of the best decisions I made! The cake was beautiful AND tasted delicious. And don't even get me started on the French Buttercream! I hate frosting and icing but I could not eat enough of it! We received compliments left and right about the cake. I HIGHLY recommend Sugarbakers and anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/5/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I love baking and my wedding cake was very important to me -- mostly that it tasted great. I've had their cakes before and knew where to go. Sugarbakers didn't disappoint. We made sure to eat our cake at the wedding and have an extra slice sent to our room that night. During the tasting they helped to create exactly what I wanted and brought us just that. The cake was delivered early and was amazing. Can't wait for our anniversary to have it again! (And my brother's wedding, they decided to use Sugarbakers, too!)

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/4/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Designing the cake and doing the tasting may have been my favorite part of our wedding planning. And it turned out beautifully! Everyone there was a pleasure to work with. My sister was so happy I chose one of the cake layers the same as her wedding cake's just so she could taste it again. Raspberry amaretto does it every time!

-Karl and Jen H.

Profile Picture Jen, 9/28/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

BEST WEDDING CAKE EVER!!!!!!!

My husband and I have never liked cakes that were way too sweet. We like a balance when it comes to flavor and that's SugarBakers' specialty! When you go in for a cake taste testing, you are given a generous sample of not only the cakes, but the frostings themselves! Then you get to pick and choose the flavors so you get your cake to taste the way you want! The signature cake is the Raspberry Almond Amaretto which is divine! My second favorite is the Lemon Cream cake (refreshing and delicious with fresh berries!!!!). If you don't have a heavy sweet tooth, I highly recommend the French or German Buttercream frosting. The French buttercream is thicker, high in butterfat, but very low in sugar so it has a friendly flavor that compliments the actual cake itself. The German buttercream is what I got on my cake. The German buttercream is much lighter in texture like a whipped cream with a smidge of sweet. Again, very friendly flavor that goes with any of their cakes.

Their service was wonderful, fast and attentive. The cake itself, when I saw it on my wedding day, was beautiful! My guests couldn't stop talking about how delicious the cake was and now they're all hooked!

When I went to a bridal show last year, I asked every single bakery what kind of frostings they had available for their wedding cakes. One of them replied "Just regular frosting. There's only one kind." Another said "we only use one kind of buttercream frosting and it's horribly sweet." When I arrived at the Sugarbakers' table, they explained how some of their frosting variety was very European based (way less sugary, more buttery) and was proud of the explanation! When I tasted the sample, I knew these ladies took the art and the taste of their baking very seriously and seemed to be an international flavor level. I was sold then and there.

I will definitely be using SugarBakers again for any of my cake needs. They are worth every penny.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/28/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Great Cake!! They helped us decide what we wanted and the flavors they offer are amazing.

Profile Picture Anne, 9/28/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Tasting appointment was very pleasant and we got excellent guidance from Sugarbakers. Cake was delicious. Changes requested at around the two-week mark were no problem.

Profile Picture John, 9/28/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I used SugarBakers Cakes through my venue, Admiral Fell Inn. As AFI handled everything as far as contacting SugarBakers and telling them what I wanted, I didn't get to deal with them hands on, but the cake turned out amazing and tasted so good!

Profile Picture Jillian, 9/28/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best cake ever, my guests raved! Was born and raised in Catonsville, so get SugarBakers cakes for all special occassions. Luckily, our venue caterer uses SugarBakers cakes exclusively.

Profile Picture User3631334, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

This bakery does amazing work on cakes. They met with us, gave us samples and helped to make the right selection for our wedding. The cake was absolutely delicious. All of our guests raved about it.

Profile Picture Judy, 9/8/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was amazing, all the guests at my wedding were raving about the flavors!! Cake was also beautifully decorated!!

Profile Picture Raechel, 9/6/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Working with SugarBakers was a great experience. They were nice enough to meet with me last minute to change the design of my cake that I had originally chosen. Our cake was not only beautiful, but was also delicious.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 8/25/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers Cakes was the absolute best. We were provided so many options for the cake tasting that we left with full stomachs. Not only did we have plenty of flavor options but we also had numerous decorating options. SugarBakers was very flexible with us and their only goal was to make us happy. Not one glitch with the entire process. The customer service was nothing less than exceptional. I can't wait until our anniversary so we can enjoy it all over again.

Profile Picture cassandra, 8/24/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was beautiful and delicious. I especially love that we get to taste it again on our first anniversary. The only issue was with the payment. Both my husband and I distinctly recall saying we wanted to pay the entire amount the day we purchased the cake. Unfortunately that didn't occur so a few days before the wedding I was stressed with trying to get ahold of someone to ensure the second half of the payment was made. Luckily everything worked out and we got an amazing cake that my husband had been literally having dreams about ever since the tasting.

Profile Picture Kristie, 8/22/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugerBakers did our cake for our wedding and wow was is perfect. We did a 10in topper cake and 120 cupcakes and wanted a snappy chic theme, and it was pulled off perfect. We didn't see any pictures or anything before we saw our cake on wedding day. It was a big surprise!!! Loved everything. We used 4 different flavors and everyone was moist and so tasty. We received lots of complements on the cake. Thank you so much. We will be using them again in the future.

Profile Picture Crystal, 8/17/13, 6 Reviews