855 Reviews for SugarBakers Cakes

Dessert Buffet (3)
Cookies (2)
Pastries (2)
855 SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

We loved our wedding cake!

First off, the cake tasting was a lot of fun. My husband and I took our time tasting their cake, which was simple yet very tasty.

We went over the design with them and I handed them a swatch as to what color I wanted the cake (so it would match my color scheme) and it was perfect! They even confirmed the design and flavor of the cake when I made my final payment.

When we took a bite into our cake for the cake cutting ceremony, it was delicious! I thought it was reasonable pricing for the size and design of our cake.

We plan to go back to the bakery just to pick up desserts!

Profile Picture Mary, 4/12/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

OUTSTANDING! Sugarbakers made our Ceremonial cake and had 2 sheet cakes for us to serve to our guests. We had an international wedding so I had this vision of making a globe cake with a dotted line from England to Australia then Australia to Baltimore (where we met, got engaged, got married). I thoguht as long as the cake is blue with some random land masses that are close enough to the continents, we'll be fine. It was so much better than we expected. I think most people wlaked in and thought it was actually a globe. I remember going over to it before our ceremony even started and having the bulb go off in my head THIS IS MY CAKE!!! It was unbelievably cool!

We went with 3 flavors i think- red velvet fudge, amaretto raspberry, and chocolate toffee mousse (i think). And they were all a hit. If I had one regret it's that the only bite I had on the night, was the bite we fed each other! There were flavors for most people to enjoy, the buttercream icing just MELTS in your mouth, and the cake was so moist. Truly outstanding bakers who helped us bring our vision to life.

Profile Picture Kristen, 4/11/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We only did 1 tasting for our wedding cake - at SugarBakers. I've known so many people that have used them - so I knew it be delicious and it was! We had a wedding cake with lemon, red velvet & strawberry - all were delicious - and I am already looking forward to eating our anniversary cake next year.

Sugarbakers also made us a surprise groom's cake that was a bushel of crabs for my husband- it was absolutely amazing. Literally people did not even understand it was a cake - it looked that REAL! My husband is still talking about how insane the cake was.

Responses to my emails & calls were always prompt & everything was delivered perfectly.

Profile Picture User3330189, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Hands down the easiest part of our wedding!

We initially went to SugarBakera based on a friends recommendation. The cake was delicious so we booked them that day. We had an idea of what we wanted and also added a bit when we saw what they could do. Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious.

I also wanted to get a grooms cake which I ordered over the phone. It was exactly what I wanted!! I am so pleased with how easy it was to order and how delicious it turned out!

Profile Picture User4032331, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers provided us with 3 wedding cakes for our reception. They exceeded our expectation!

Profile Picture User4431982, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

DELICIOUS and BEAUTIFUL wedding cake =) I was very pleased with the appearance and taste of our wedding cake. It looked so much better in person! We got their service through our wondering venue Catering by Uptown. Thank you guys for your awesome work!

Profile Picture Julie, 3/23/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers provided us with twelve 6-inch cakes to use as centerpieces for our wedding in March. They were extremely easy to work with, and the cakes were delicious! We ordered them about two months in advance, and chose 3 separate cakes. SugarBakers delivered them to the venue the day of the event. We got many compliments from our guests on the cakes, and I would highly recommend SugarBakers to anyone else!

Profile Picture Cassie, 3/21/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We worked with Gulia to design our cake and it turned out to be the best wedding cake I've ever had -- and I'm not just saying that because it was OUR cake. I've been to plenty of friends' weddings and also work weddings as my weekend job, so I've had my fill of different cakes. We had a three-tier chocolate mousse and raspberry amaretto cake, and I still crave it to this day. We loved the raspberry amaretto so much that I ordered it again for my husband's birthday cake. The design process was so easy and they brought our design to life. They are more expensive than the other bakeries we looked into but well worth it!

Profile Picture User3248191, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We used SugarBakers for our March 2014 wedding. The cake was not only absolutely beautiful, but it tasted amazing!! It was a 5 tier cake with alternating tiers of red velvet cake and vanilla cake with chocolate fudge frosting in between. The cake was to die for!!!!!! I would definitely use them again!!!

Profile Picture Kori, 3/8/14, 15 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup

Our cake was included with our contract with our venue, but it was a SugarBakers cake and holy moley is it delicious. I have been drooling over this cake since the first time we tasted it, and have been joking about just getting married for the cake for about a year now! They even went with our request to match the scroll work on the cake to some detailing on my engagement ring.

Profile Picture Lacey, 1/18/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I highly recommend Sugar Bakers. We went in one weekday and scheduled a tasting, had the tasting, told them what we wanted, and it was delivered just as we asked day-of. Not only was it exactly what we wanted, it was delicious too! I frequent this Bakery and they have yet to let me down!

Profile Picture Amber, 12/14/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Ever since I was a little girl I've always known that I wanted a sugar bakers cake for my wedding. It was the first easy decision of the wedding planning process. I told them exactly what I wanted and when I saw my cake for the first time I almost cried because it was even better than what I had imagined. They also did my groomsman cake and both of them were absolutely delicious. I have and will always recommend Sugarbakers for whoever is in need of cake no matter how big or small the occasion. My husband and I even go to the shop to get a slice of raspberry amaretto. Stop looking for a cake vendor now and call or e-mail sugarbakers! Price, value and service is unmatched. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Megan, 12/14/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

This was by far the best cakes that I tried. I loved so many of them. I ended up going with red velvet and their Raspberry Amaretto. I had a lot of compliments on the taste and the look of the cake. They were very helpful when I went their to order the cake. I didn't have an idea of what I wanted but they helped me by starting out with looking at books and then making suggestions as we talked about it. They were so great!!

Profile Picture User3592136, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My daughter was married on 12/7/13 and got her wedding cake from Sugar Bakers. Not only was it delicious, but it was almost too beautiful to cut. The lace detail was so intricate and the large sugar flower on the side of the cake was amazing. We couldn't have been more pleased with how it turned out. Everyone said it was the best wedding cake they had ever eaten! Jamie was terrific to work with as well. Kudos to Sugar Bakers!

Profile Picture Carol, 12/7/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake came out beautiful and delicious! Sugarbakers was able to carry out my vision perfectly.

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/23/13, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We ordered two cakes for our rehearsal dinner and had wonderful recommendations from the staff. The cakes were delicious, on time, and were the perfect addition to our table.

Profile Picture Erin, 11/23/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I found Sugar Baker Cakes through Reviews here on Wedding Wire and I am so so so glad that we did. My husband and I made an appointment on a busy Saturday and were lucky enough to sit down with Jamie the owner. She is amazing - so sweet and definitely helped accommodate the design I was looking for.

Everyone knows that I do not like sweets so the cake was more important to my fiance than it was to me. Once I tasted their cake I was so blown away. It's perfect - not to rich but so much flavor. It's moist and just really the best cake I had ever tasted. Not only did we think that but all of our guests did as well. I can't wait to have it again on the 1 year anniversary :) SugarBaker Cakes is great at what they do, the reviews prove that. I promise if you use them you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Ann Marie, 11/16/13, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake came from SugarBakers Cakes, by way of Celebrations at the Bay. It was included in the cost of the reception, and it was an insanely delicious cake. We chose their Red Velvet, and Carrot Cakes, and both were amazing. It was beautiful, and tasty and just, wow. So good!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/9/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our caterer uses SugarBakers, so we never dealt with them directly, but our cake was incredibly delicious. The hardest part of the tasting was deciding which cake flavors to pick because they were all so awesome. Very moist and not too sweet. We had a 3-tier cake with 2 different flavors and buttercream frosting on the outside. It was beautiful, and not a crumb was left. Can't wait to have our 1 year anniversary cake from them.

Profile Picture Monica, 10/26/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had probably half a sheet cake left over and we froze it. It is still tasting good even six months later.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 10/26/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers did our cake through the Inner Harbor Sheraton in Baltimore. We did the standard cake tasting a few months before the event and decided to go with Carrot and Dos Leche cake as our two varieties. I'm usually a bit skeptical about cake, as I am not much of a sweets person, but they knocked the cake out of the park. Not only was it beautifully done, but it tasted delicious with people telling us it was the best wedding cake they've ever had. Highly recommended (though I know their solid reputation precedes them)!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Nate, 10/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

MOST DELICIOUS CAKE I have ever had at a wedding! Sugarbaker's was great to work with on the consult and their prices were really reasonable for the simple, modern cake we wanted.

The cake turned out gorgeous, the blue icing was vibrant in color and the buttercream frosting was so delicious. Most wedding cakes are dry on the inside and this wasn't. It was delicious and creamy and I'm glad that the entire cake got eaten but sad at the same time because we didn't get to take any home.

Worth every penny, using them again soon!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had a great experience with Sugarbakers. We met with them several months before our wedding and chose the style and the flavor of cake we wanted. Then we designed a pretty elaborate topper for the cake. We sent photos of the dogs and the cat that we have adopted through the years, along with a sketch of what we thought they should look like on the cake, and they executed perfectly. The cake was a hit -- and it tasted amazing as well.

Profile Picture Jeff, 10/19/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was just absolutely beautiful!!! And to make it even better , it was delicious!! I can't tell you how many times I have had wedding cake at a wedding and it was awful. No one can say that about our cake. It was perfect, I didn't even want to cut it!! The level of service is outstanding also, I was even called about a week from my wedding to ensure that I was ok and to make sure that I did not have any last minutes changes on my cake. Outstanding service!! This was my husband's most important thing to our wedding and he also was not disappointed!! I am so glad we went with SugarBaker's!! I can't wait for our anniversary cake now!;)

Profile Picture Heather, 10/18/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

This bakery provided not only the cake, but wonderful pick up desserts that the guests raved about. We wish we had used this bakery for another family event a few years ago. That company we used had a big reputation, but their cake did not come even close to the quality of the Sugarbakers cake we had at this wedding. Even the tasting was so much fun!

Profile Picture Lori, 10/12/13, 4 Reviews