SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

SugarBakers Cakes 5
SugarBakers Cakes 6
SugarBakers Cakes 7

Stephanie · Married on 05/25/2014

Absolutely amazing service! When my husband and I came in for our tasting I brought in a picture of what I wanted our cake to look like, and on our wedding day we were presented with an exact replica. I couldn't have been more happy. There was a wide range of cakes, icings and fillings to sample during our tasting as well, and they were more than happy to customize everything based off of our preferences. We also had some last minute questions right before the wedding that they dealt with extremely well.

Lindsay · Married on 05/24/2014

I gasped when I saw our wedding cake by Sugarbakers. At our cake tasting appointment, I had an idea in mind from Pinterest, and when I showed our consultant a picture, she said it would be totally doable and she even suggested some other creative ways to enhance it. Months later I requested a change, and Sugarbakers accommodated that request without hesitation. The final product was out-of-this-world beautiful and delicious. We got so many compliments, and many people went back for a second slice! The price was very reasonable. Thank you Sugarbakers. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you!

Sarah · Married on 05/24/2014

Sugarbakers was fantastic! The prices for their wedding cakes are great, and they were incredibly helpful walking us through the design process. Most importantly, their cakes are absolutely delicious. We went with half red velvet with cream cheese frosting and half vanilla with strawberry mousse. They offer a wonderful deal as well; they provide a small one year anniversary cake (so that you don't have to deal with the tradition of freezing cake and trying to eat it when its inedible a year later) complimentary with your wedding cake. We cannot wait!

Sugarbakers is my favorite mom and pop bakery in Bmore. It was an obvious choice who was going to make my wedding cake, and Sugarbakers definitely delivered and gave us exactly what we were looking for. The cake tasting was informative, and they explained all the options we could have for our cake as well. On the wedding day the cake came on time and looked beautiful! And tasted great!! Thanks Sugarbakers for making our special day all the more special

Kristen · Married on 05/18/2014

Jordan was awesome in assisting my husband and I with creating our perfect wedding cake. We did a nautical theme and it turned out beautifully, just the way I had envisioned it. Everyone was raving at how delicious the cake was! I've used them before for a 50th birthday party and again, simply amazing. I highly recommend them for any occasion!

Libby · Married on 05/10/2014

Sugarbakers provided the cake for our daughter's wedding at the Westin in Annapolis MD-they did a fabulous job on the cake. It was beautiful and tasted good too!

Alicia · Married on 05/09/2014

We tried Sugarbakers first and nothing we tried after could even compare. The cakes are amazing and delicious...so moist and flavorful. Our guests raved about it. We ordered a cake design that we had seen in person, but asked them to do it in buttercream instead of fondant. It was so smooth and perfect when I first saw it, I thought maybe they had accidentally put fondant on! We did most of our communication by email because I was not in the area while planning, so sometimes it took a few emails to get things figured out, but despite any confusion in the planning process, the cake turned out perfectly and everyone I dealt with was very friendly.

Kenya · Married on 05/04/2014

We ordered the amaretto cake for our wedding and we still receive compliments. The cake was also very beautifully decorated. Sugarbakers was very helpful and incorporated the ideas and the decoration that we wanted to use.

Hillary · Married on 04/27/2014

Instead of a traditional wedding cake, my husband and I decided to order a variety of cakes to display at our wedding. SugarBakers is our favorite bakery in the area, and they didn't disappoint on our wedding day. We ordered five cakes, and each one was beautifully decorated and incredibly delicious. The ordering process was quick and simple, and we opted to pick up the cakes instead of having them delivered. The order was ready on time, and everything was wonderful. We will definitely continue to recommend SugarBakers to all of our friends!

mariah · Married on 04/26/2014

I would definitely recommend SugarBakers Cakes not just for wedding cakes but for cakes period! My husband & I ordered our wedding cake from them, then after a cake tasting we came back almost every month to get a slice of cake. The cake was always moist and fresh no matter what day or time we picked up some. This ultimately resulted in me ordering my husband his favorite flavor in the form of a groom's cake for our wedding. At our wedding we both had huge smiles as we saw how great the custom flowers on our wedding cake and how realistic the Lego pieces looked on his groom's cake. Now, we can't wait to our anniversary in April to dig into a 6-inch top tier of our wedding cake that isn't frozen but fresh since they have a 1st anniversary cake program.

Shelby · Married on 04/12/2014

SugarBakers is DELICIOUS. Our wedding cake was the raspberry amaretto & it might be definitely the most delicious cake I've ever had! Service was great and our cake turned out beautifully!

Mary · Married on 04/12/2014

We loved our wedding cake!

First off, the cake tasting was a lot of fun. My husband and I took our time tasting their cake, which was simple yet very tasty.

We went over the design with them and I handed them a swatch as to what color I wanted the cake (so it would match my color scheme) and it was perfect! They even confirmed the design and flavor of the cake when I made my final payment.

When we took a bite into our cake for the cake cutting ceremony, it was delicious! I thought it was reasonable pricing for the size and design of our cake.

We plan to go back to the bakery just to pick up desserts!

Kristen · Married on 04/11/2014

OUTSTANDING! Sugarbakers made our Ceremonial cake and had 2 sheet cakes for us to serve to our guests. We had an international wedding so I had this vision of making a globe cake with a dotted line from England to Australia then Australia to Baltimore (where we met, got engaged, got married). I thoguht as long as the cake is blue with some random land masses that are close enough to the continents, we'll be fine. It was so much better than we expected. I think most people wlaked in and thought it was actually a globe. I remember going over to it before our ceremony even started and having the bulb go off in my head THIS IS MY CAKE!!! It was unbelievably cool!

We went with 3 flavors i think- red velvet fudge, amaretto raspberry, and chocolate toffee mousse (i think). And they were all a hit. If I had one regret it's that the only bite I had on the night, was the bite we fed each other! There were flavors for most people to enjoy, the buttercream icing just MELTS in your mouth, and the cake was so moist. Truly outstanding bakers who helped us bring our vision to life.

We only did 1 tasting for our wedding cake - at SugarBakers. I've known so many people that have used them - so I knew it be delicious and it was! We had a wedding cake with lemon, red velvet & strawberry - all were delicious - and I am already looking forward to eating our anniversary cake next year.

Sugarbakers also made us a surprise groom's cake that was a bushel of crabs for my husband- it was absolutely amazing. Literally people did not even understand it was a cake - it looked that REAL! My husband is still talking about how insane the cake was.

Responses to my emails & calls were always prompt & everything was delivered perfectly.

Hands down the easiest part of our wedding!

We initially went to SugarBakera based on a friends recommendation. The cake was delicious so we booked them that day. We had an idea of what we wanted and also added a bit when we saw what they could do. Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious.

I also wanted to get a grooms cake which I ordered over the phone. It was exactly what I wanted!! I am so pleased with how easy it was to order and how delicious it turned out!

• User4431982 · 2+ years ago

SugarBakers provided us with 3 wedding cakes for our reception. They exceeded our expectation!

Julie · Married on 03/23/2014

DELICIOUS and BEAUTIFUL wedding cake =) I was very pleased with the appearance and taste of our wedding cake. It looked so much better in person! We got their service through our wondering venue Catering by Uptown. Thank you guys for your awesome work!

Cassie · Married on 03/21/2014

SugarBakers provided us with twelve 6-inch cakes to use as centerpieces for our wedding in March. They were extremely easy to work with, and the cakes were delicious! We ordered them about two months in advance, and chose 3 separate cakes. SugarBakers delivered them to the venue the day of the event. We got many compliments from our guests on the cakes, and I would highly recommend SugarBakers to anyone else!

We worked with Gulia to design our cake and it turned out to be the best wedding cake I've ever had -- and I'm not just saying that because it was OUR cake. I've been to plenty of friends' weddings and also work weddings as my weekend job, so I've had my fill of different cakes. We had a three-tier chocolate mousse and raspberry amaretto cake, and I still crave it to this day. We loved the raspberry amaretto so much that I ordered it again for my husband's birthday cake. The design process was so easy and they brought our design to life. They are more expensive than the other bakeries we looked into but well worth it!

Kori · Married on 03/08/2014

We used SugarBakers for our March 2014 wedding. The cake was not only absolutely beautiful, but it tasted amazing!! It was a 5 tier cake with alternating tiers of red velvet cake and vanilla cake with chocolate fudge frosting in between. The cake was to die for!!!!!! I would definitely use them again!!!

Lacey · Married on 01/18/2014

Our cake was included with our contract with our venue, but it was a SugarBakers cake and holy moley is it delicious. I have been drooling over this cake since the first time we tasted it, and have been joking about just getting married for the cake for about a year now! They even went with our request to match the scroll work on the cake to some detailing on my engagement ring.

Amber · Married on 12/14/2013

I highly recommend Sugar Bakers. We went in one weekday and scheduled a tasting, had the tasting, told them what we wanted, and it was delivered just as we asked day-of. Not only was it exactly what we wanted, it was delicious too! I frequent this Bakery and they have yet to let me down!

Ever since I was a little girl I've always known that I wanted a sugar bakers cake for my wedding. It was the first easy decision of the wedding planning process. I told them exactly what I wanted and when I saw my cake for the first time I almost cried because it was even better than what I had imagined. They also did my groomsman cake and both of them were absolutely delicious. I have and will always recommend Sugarbakers for whoever is in need of cake no matter how big or small the occasion. My husband and I even go to the shop to get a slice of raspberry amaretto. Stop looking for a cake vendor now and call or e-mail sugarbakers! Price, value and service is unmatched. You will not be disappointed!

This was by far the best cakes that I tried. I loved so many of them. I ended up going with red velvet and their Raspberry Amaretto. I had a lot of compliments on the taste and the look of the cake. They were very helpful when I went their to order the cake. I didn't have an idea of what I wanted but they helped me by starting out with looking at books and then making suggestions as we talked about it. They were so great!!

Carol · Married on 12/07/2013

My daughter was married on 12/7/13 and got her wedding cake from Sugar Bakers. Not only was it delicious, but it was almost too beautiful to cut. The lace detail was so intricate and the large sugar flower on the side of the cake was amazing. We couldn't have been more pleased with how it turned out. Everyone said it was the best wedding cake they had ever eaten! Jamie was terrific to work with as well. Kudos to Sugar Bakers!