846 Reviews for SugarBakers Cakes

Cookies (2)
Dessert Buffet (2)
Pastries (2)
846 SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

I wasn't planning on getting a wedding cake, but what grandma-in-law wants, she gets! However I was extremely happy to be able to have my cake from Sugarbakers. The cake tasting was awesome! Our wedding cake got DEVOURED - there was hardly any left! We haven't tested their free cake on your anniversary thing yet since we just got married, but that seems like a great perk. We had two flavors, one on the top two tiers and another on the bottom tier. The cake was lovely, we gave them ribbon and flowers to decorate and it came out beautifully and extremely delicious! I would definitely recommend them.

Profile Picture User4514055, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugarbakers has delicious cakes. The wedding cake was beautiful, and they made an AWESOME groom's cake shaped like the Maryland Terrapin which I surprised my husband with. The woman we did our tasting with was very nice and informative. Can't wait for our 1 year anniversary to have our fresh top tier!

Profile Picture User3350163, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The staff is friendly and they are a family business. We went for our cake tasting and they shared a variety of their cakes. We booked them rigjt away for our wedding day. The cake was to die for. The day of our wedding I was stunned by the beautiful cake that arrived...it was perfect! Our guests loved the cake as well! I love that my husband and I can get a fresh little cake on our one year anniversary to replace the top piece.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Delicious and beautiful- what a fabulous combination! SugarBakers followed through with the design we discussed during our meeting and then some! We wanted something simple with a few designs on the middle tier and it turned out better than we even pictured. We were so happy with how our cake turned out and can't wait to enjoy another delish piece on our first anniversary!

Profile Picture Carrie, 6/7/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Per my contract with Catering By Uptown, they provided a cake from Sugar Bakers. It was delicious!!!!!!! It looked exactly how I pictured it!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/31/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Absolutely amazing service! When my husband and I came in for our tasting I brought in a picture of what I wanted our cake to look like, and on our wedding day we were presented with an exact replica. I couldn't have been more happy. There was a wide range of cakes, icings and fillings to sample during our tasting as well, and they were more than happy to customize everything based off of our preferences. We also had some last minute questions right before the wedding that they dealt with extremely well.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I gasped when I saw our wedding cake by Sugarbakers. At our cake tasting appointment, I had an idea in mind from Pinterest, and when I showed our consultant a picture, she said it would be totally doable and she even suggested some other creative ways to enhance it. Months later I requested a change, and Sugarbakers accommodated that request without hesitation. The final product was out-of-this-world beautiful and delicious. We got so many compliments, and many people went back for a second slice! The price was very reasonable. Thank you Sugarbakers. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/24/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugarbakers was fantastic! The prices for their wedding cakes are great, and they were incredibly helpful walking us through the design process. Most importantly, their cakes are absolutely delicious. We went with half red velvet with cream cheese frosting and half vanilla with strawberry mousse. They offer a wonderful deal as well; they provide a small one year anniversary cake (so that you don't have to deal with the tradition of freezing cake and trying to eat it when its inedible a year later) complimentary with your wedding cake. We cannot wait!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/24/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugarbakers is my favorite mom and pop bakery in Bmore. It was an obvious choice who was going to make my wedding cake, and Sugarbakers definitely delivered and gave us exactly what we were looking for. The cake tasting was informative, and they explained all the options we could have for our cake as well. On the wedding day the cake came on time and looked beautiful! And tasted great!! Thanks Sugarbakers for making our special day all the more special

Profile Picture User4159036, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Jordan was awesome in assisting my husband and I with creating our perfect wedding cake. We did a nautical theme and it turned out beautifully, just the way I had envisioned it. Everyone was raving at how delicious the cake was! I've used them before for a 50th birthday party and again, simply amazing. I highly recommend them for any occasion!

Profile Picture Kristen, 5/18/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugarbakers provided the cake for our daughter's wedding at the Westin in Annapolis MD-they did a fabulous job on the cake. It was beautiful and tasted good too!

Profile Picture Libby, 5/10/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We tried Sugarbakers first and nothing we tried after could even compare. The cakes are amazing and delicious...so moist and flavorful. Our guests raved about it. We ordered a cake design that we had seen in person, but asked them to do it in buttercream instead of fondant. It was so smooth and perfect when I first saw it, I thought maybe they had accidentally put fondant on! We did most of our communication by email because I was not in the area while planning, so sometimes it took a few emails to get things figured out, but despite any confusion in the planning process, the cake turned out perfectly and everyone I dealt with was very friendly.

Profile Picture Alicia, 5/9/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We ordered the amaretto cake for our wedding and we still receive compliments. The cake was also very beautifully decorated. Sugarbakers was very helpful and incorporated the ideas and the decoration that we wanted to use.

Profile Picture Kenya, 5/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Instead of a traditional wedding cake, my husband and I decided to order a variety of cakes to display at our wedding. SugarBakers is our favorite bakery in the area, and they didn't disappoint on our wedding day. We ordered five cakes, and each one was beautifully decorated and incredibly delicious. The ordering process was quick and simple, and we opted to pick up the cakes instead of having them delivered. The order was ready on time, and everything was wonderful. We will definitely continue to recommend SugarBakers to all of our friends!

Profile Picture Hillary, 4/27/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I would definitely recommend SugarBakers Cakes not just for wedding cakes but for cakes period! My husband & I ordered our wedding cake from them, then after a cake tasting we came back almost every month to get a slice of cake. The cake was always moist and fresh no matter what day or time we picked up some. This ultimately resulted in me ordering my husband his favorite flavor in the form of a groom's cake for our wedding. At our wedding we both had huge smiles as we saw how great the custom flowers on our wedding cake and how realistic the Lego pieces looked on his groom's cake. Now, we can't wait to our anniversary in April to dig into a 6-inch top tier of our wedding cake that isn't frozen but fresh since they have a 1st anniversary cake program.

Profile Picture mariah, 4/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers is DELICIOUS. Our wedding cake was the raspberry amaretto & it might be definitely the most delicious cake I've ever had! Service was great and our cake turned out beautifully!

Profile Picture Shelby, 4/12/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved our wedding cake!

First off, the cake tasting was a lot of fun. My husband and I took our time tasting their cake, which was simple yet very tasty.

We went over the design with them and I handed them a swatch as to what color I wanted the cake (so it would match my color scheme) and it was perfect! They even confirmed the design and flavor of the cake when I made my final payment.

When we took a bite into our cake for the cake cutting ceremony, it was delicious! I thought it was reasonable pricing for the size and design of our cake.

We plan to go back to the bakery just to pick up desserts!

Profile Picture Mary, 4/12/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

OUTSTANDING! Sugarbakers made our Ceremonial cake and had 2 sheet cakes for us to serve to our guests. We had an international wedding so I had this vision of making a globe cake with a dotted line from England to Australia then Australia to Baltimore (where we met, got engaged, got married). I thoguht as long as the cake is blue with some random land masses that are close enough to the continents, we'll be fine. It was so much better than we expected. I think most people wlaked in and thought it was actually a globe. I remember going over to it before our ceremony even started and having the bulb go off in my head THIS IS MY CAKE!!! It was unbelievably cool!

We went with 3 flavors i think- red velvet fudge, amaretto raspberry, and chocolate toffee mousse (i think). And they were all a hit. If I had one regret it's that the only bite I had on the night, was the bite we fed each other! There were flavors for most people to enjoy, the buttercream icing just MELTS in your mouth, and the cake was so moist. Truly outstanding bakers who helped us bring our vision to life.

Profile Picture Kristen, 4/11/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We only did 1 tasting for our wedding cake - at SugarBakers. I've known so many people that have used them - so I knew it be delicious and it was! We had a wedding cake with lemon, red velvet & strawberry - all were delicious - and I am already looking forward to eating our anniversary cake next year.

Sugarbakers also made us a surprise groom's cake that was a bushel of crabs for my husband- it was absolutely amazing. Literally people did not even understand it was a cake - it looked that REAL! My husband is still talking about how insane the cake was.

Responses to my emails & calls were always prompt & everything was delivered perfectly.

Profile Picture User3330189, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Hands down the easiest part of our wedding!

We initially went to SugarBakera based on a friends recommendation. The cake was delicious so we booked them that day. We had an idea of what we wanted and also added a bit when we saw what they could do. Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious.

I also wanted to get a grooms cake which I ordered over the phone. It was exactly what I wanted!! I am so pleased with how easy it was to order and how delicious it turned out!

Profile Picture User4032331, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers provided us with 3 wedding cakes for our reception. They exceeded our expectation!

Profile Picture User4431982, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

DELICIOUS and BEAUTIFUL wedding cake =) I was very pleased with the appearance and taste of our wedding cake. It looked so much better in person! We got their service through our wondering venue Catering by Uptown. Thank you guys for your awesome work!

Profile Picture Julie, 3/23/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers provided us with twelve 6-inch cakes to use as centerpieces for our wedding in March. They were extremely easy to work with, and the cakes were delicious! We ordered them about two months in advance, and chose 3 separate cakes. SugarBakers delivered them to the venue the day of the event. We got many compliments from our guests on the cakes, and I would highly recommend SugarBakers to anyone else!

Profile Picture Cassie, 3/21/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We worked with Gulia to design our cake and it turned out to be the best wedding cake I've ever had -- and I'm not just saying that because it was OUR cake. I've been to plenty of friends' weddings and also work weddings as my weekend job, so I've had my fill of different cakes. We had a three-tier chocolate mousse and raspberry amaretto cake, and I still crave it to this day. We loved the raspberry amaretto so much that I ordered it again for my husband's birthday cake. The design process was so easy and they brought our design to life. They are more expensive than the other bakeries we looked into but well worth it!

Profile Picture User3248191, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We used SugarBakers for our March 2014 wedding. The cake was not only absolutely beautiful, but it tasted amazing!! It was a 5 tier cake with alternating tiers of red velvet cake and vanilla cake with chocolate fudge frosting in between. The cake was to die for!!!!!! I would definitely use them again!!!

Profile Picture Kori, 3/8/14, 15 Reviews