855 Reviews for SugarBakers Cakes

Dessert Buffet (3)
Cookies (2)
Pastries (2)
855 SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

The cake was priced on the higher side but was fantastic. It was wedding cake that could actually be enjoyed. It is far better than your standard wedding cake.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/23/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

i walked into sugarbakers the day before my wedding and they crafted a small simple cake that was absolutely stunning! It tasted wonderful too!

Profile Picture User3437191, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I would highly recommend Sugar Bakers Cakes. My husband and I went for a taste test and the staff was extremely accommodating. We had the chance to taste a piece of about ten different flavors and we also got to taste three different icing. The woman we met with took us through an entire book of cakes and was able to answer all of our questions. We even got to take home two whole pieces of the flavor cake we chose. Also, we don't have to freeze our wedding cake. We get a fresh anniversary cake for our one year anniversary. I was afraid the cost of Sugar Bakers would be high but it was surprisingly around the same price of other bakeries I found, however; Sugar Bakers was way more delicious!

Profile Picture Tricia, 7/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

After a small tasting plate, my husband and I knew we found our wedding cake vendor! All the delicious combinations. Our cake was only two tiers so we opted for lemon and a cannoli for the chocolate lovers. The cake was decadent without being overly sweet. Sugarbakers staff we're able to decipher what I wanted over the phone and also make suggestions as to what would look good. Can't wait to go back for our anniversary cake. Yes, a fresh anniversary cake is included and you don't have to freeze your own! Gorgeous and tasty!! I received many compliments on the cake.

Profile Picture Annie, 7/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was amazing! The design was gorgeous and the cake was delicious! We were able to pick two different flavors so that made it exciting for the guests.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/19/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I can't say enough good things about this place!!!! We had the best experience. First off, If you have a vision in your mind of what you want your wedding cake to look like, they will cater to any design. If you have no clue at all, they literally will tap into your creative design and show you catalogs of cakes they have made. But the best part is the taste, you will not find a better tasting cake or frosting anywhere at all! They have been doing wedding cakes for a long time and are extremely professional and punctual! They make the process incredibly easy!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cake was beautiful, delicious and moist. Everyone loved it.

Profile Picture Janeen, 7/5/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cakes were delicious and we expected them to be really expensive but we ordered one tiered wedding cake and a sheet cake and it was much more affordable than we anticipated. Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture User3460661, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I chose a 3 tiered Smith Island Cake for our wedding cake. I wish I had more time to eat seconds because it was delicious!! It was moist and the design was beautiful. Loved our cake!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/27/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I wasn't planning on getting a wedding cake, but what grandma-in-law wants, she gets! However I was extremely happy to be able to have my cake from Sugarbakers. The cake tasting was awesome! Our wedding cake got DEVOURED - there was hardly any left! We haven't tested their free cake on your anniversary thing yet since we just got married, but that seems like a great perk. We had two flavors, one on the top two tiers and another on the bottom tier. The cake was lovely, we gave them ribbon and flowers to decorate and it came out beautifully and extremely delicious! I would definitely recommend them.

Profile Picture User4514055, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugarbakers has delicious cakes. The wedding cake was beautiful, and they made an AWESOME groom's cake shaped like the Maryland Terrapin which I surprised my husband with. The woman we did our tasting with was very nice and informative. Can't wait for our 1 year anniversary to have our fresh top tier!

Profile Picture User3350163, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The staff is friendly and they are a family business. We went for our cake tasting and they shared a variety of their cakes. We booked them rigjt away for our wedding day. The cake was to die for. The day of our wedding I was stunned by the beautiful cake that arrived...it was perfect! Our guests loved the cake as well! I love that my husband and I can get a fresh little cake on our one year anniversary to replace the top piece.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Delicious and beautiful- what a fabulous combination! SugarBakers followed through with the design we discussed during our meeting and then some! We wanted something simple with a few designs on the middle tier and it turned out better than we even pictured. We were so happy with how our cake turned out and can't wait to enjoy another delish piece on our first anniversary!

Profile Picture Carrie, 6/7/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Per my contract with Catering By Uptown, they provided a cake from Sugar Bakers. It was delicious!!!!!!! It looked exactly how I pictured it!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/31/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Absolutely amazing service! When my husband and I came in for our tasting I brought in a picture of what I wanted our cake to look like, and on our wedding day we were presented with an exact replica. I couldn't have been more happy. There was a wide range of cakes, icings and fillings to sample during our tasting as well, and they were more than happy to customize everything based off of our preferences. We also had some last minute questions right before the wedding that they dealt with extremely well.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I gasped when I saw our wedding cake by Sugarbakers. At our cake tasting appointment, I had an idea in mind from Pinterest, and when I showed our consultant a picture, she said it would be totally doable and she even suggested some other creative ways to enhance it. Months later I requested a change, and Sugarbakers accommodated that request without hesitation. The final product was out-of-this-world beautiful and delicious. We got so many compliments, and many people went back for a second slice! The price was very reasonable. Thank you Sugarbakers. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/24/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugarbakers was fantastic! The prices for their wedding cakes are great, and they were incredibly helpful walking us through the design process. Most importantly, their cakes are absolutely delicious. We went with half red velvet with cream cheese frosting and half vanilla with strawberry mousse. They offer a wonderful deal as well; they provide a small one year anniversary cake (so that you don't have to deal with the tradition of freezing cake and trying to eat it when its inedible a year later) complimentary with your wedding cake. We cannot wait!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/24/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugarbakers is my favorite mom and pop bakery in Bmore. It was an obvious choice who was going to make my wedding cake, and Sugarbakers definitely delivered and gave us exactly what we were looking for. The cake tasting was informative, and they explained all the options we could have for our cake as well. On the wedding day the cake came on time and looked beautiful! And tasted great!! Thanks Sugarbakers for making our special day all the more special

Profile Picture User4159036, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Jordan was awesome in assisting my husband and I with creating our perfect wedding cake. We did a nautical theme and it turned out beautifully, just the way I had envisioned it. Everyone was raving at how delicious the cake was! I've used them before for a 50th birthday party and again, simply amazing. I highly recommend them for any occasion!

Profile Picture Kristen, 5/18/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugarbakers provided the cake for our daughter's wedding at the Westin in Annapolis MD-they did a fabulous job on the cake. It was beautiful and tasted good too!

Profile Picture Libby, 5/10/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We tried Sugarbakers first and nothing we tried after could even compare. The cakes are amazing and delicious...so moist and flavorful. Our guests raved about it. We ordered a cake design that we had seen in person, but asked them to do it in buttercream instead of fondant. It was so smooth and perfect when I first saw it, I thought maybe they had accidentally put fondant on! We did most of our communication by email because I was not in the area while planning, so sometimes it took a few emails to get things figured out, but despite any confusion in the planning process, the cake turned out perfectly and everyone I dealt with was very friendly.

Profile Picture Alicia, 5/9/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We ordered the amaretto cake for our wedding and we still receive compliments. The cake was also very beautifully decorated. Sugarbakers was very helpful and incorporated the ideas and the decoration that we wanted to use.

Profile Picture Kenya, 5/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Instead of a traditional wedding cake, my husband and I decided to order a variety of cakes to display at our wedding. SugarBakers is our favorite bakery in the area, and they didn't disappoint on our wedding day. We ordered five cakes, and each one was beautifully decorated and incredibly delicious. The ordering process was quick and simple, and we opted to pick up the cakes instead of having them delivered. The order was ready on time, and everything was wonderful. We will definitely continue to recommend SugarBakers to all of our friends!

Profile Picture Hillary, 4/27/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I would definitely recommend SugarBakers Cakes not just for wedding cakes but for cakes period! My husband & I ordered our wedding cake from them, then after a cake tasting we came back almost every month to get a slice of cake. The cake was always moist and fresh no matter what day or time we picked up some. This ultimately resulted in me ordering my husband his favorite flavor in the form of a groom's cake for our wedding. At our wedding we both had huge smiles as we saw how great the custom flowers on our wedding cake and how realistic the Lego pieces looked on his groom's cake. Now, we can't wait to our anniversary in April to dig into a 6-inch top tier of our wedding cake that isn't frozen but fresh since they have a 1st anniversary cake program.

Profile Picture mariah, 4/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers is DELICIOUS. Our wedding cake was the raspberry amaretto & it might be definitely the most delicious cake I've ever had! Service was great and our cake turned out beautifully!

Profile Picture Shelby, 4/12/14, 7 Reviews