SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

SugarBakers Cakes 5
SugarBakers Cakes 6
SugarBakers Cakes 7

Amanda · Married on 04/07/2018

They're the best, period! I went to several cake tastings and left unhappy from all of them except this one! The tasting is done the right way so you don't leave feeling like "I don't even know what I tasted" or "I'm so full". We chose their peach melba for our actual cake and has the smith island cake to supplement. I wanted a "semi-naked" cake and was very picky of how much "naked" I actually wanted, I provided them a picture and they delivered exactly what I wanted. They also did a treat table for us, which we got to taste at our tasting, too! We ordered a ton of those for our guests to take home and literally within 45 minutes of the DJ making an announcement to go pick up some treats they were ALL gone. I unfortunately didn't even get to eat any of those. But I know they were wonderful, because we received so many compliments. I cannot wait for our first anniversary to get a cake topper from them...I only got a few bites of our cake but it was amazing. Best bakers in Baltimore!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Hi Amanda,

We are so pleased to hear that everyone loved your wedding cake and other treats! We strive to make sure that our brides and grooms feel comfortable from the moment they sit down for a tasting until their wedding day. We are so joyful that we could be a part of your special day and were able to make it even more special. We look forward to seeing you for your one year anniversary and celebrating that joyous occasion with you as well! Thank you for choosing SugarBakers for your most special day! Best wishes!

Noura · Married on 04/07/2018

Stacie was my go-to! She was professional, flexible, kind, and extremely understanding. They created the perfect cake for us! They accomdoated my request of adding the touch of my dress to the cake. And it was delicious!!! Everyone raved about the wedding cake. My sister-in-law who is a huge “cake person” took some home it was that good! Thank you all for adding that perfect touch to our wedding.

Sent on 06/16/2018
    SugarBakers Cakes 8

Hi Noura,

That is wonderful to hear all of your guests enjoyed your wedding cake! We aim to accommodate every request so we are overjoyed that you loved the touches of your wedding dress design incorporated into your cake. We look forward to seeing you again for your 1 year anniversary for your complimentary anniversary cake! Best wishes!

Sarah · Married on 03/25/2018

Our wedding cake from SugarBakers was so good! After we had our tasting there, we knew we'd need to order through them! We got 2 different flavors to suit the varied taste of the guests and everyone raved about the cakes! We were even told by a few people that it was the best wedding cake they'd ever had. The buttercream frostings they make are so fresh and deceptively light, not like a lot of the frosting you'd find at many other bakeries. The cakes are fluffy and fresh and are a pure delight. We also found that for the quality of cake, we werent going to find a better value in this area. They will work with you on getting the right frosting/cake combination and were such a pleasure to work with. I'm so thrilled they were our wedding bakery!

Marat · Married on 11/26/2017

THE CAKE was the final piece of the puzzle that we were waiting to see. It did not disappoint. Sugarbakers was really great. Our tasting was delicious and a really tough choice, you can't go wrong with any of the flavors. Khristina was great and helped with the size, decorations and flavors -cannoli cream and Amaretto Raspberry. SugarBakers was the right choice!

Katie · Married on 11/04/2017

Sugar bakers cakes are the best! They are so perfectly made and stunning. The flavors are out of this world and the cake is so moist. The raspberry amaretto is my favorite!

Carrie · Married on 10/28/2017

We had the most amazing experience working with sugar bakers cakes. We went in for our tasting a few months ago with Kristin which was both organized and enjoyable. We knew exactly what we wanted, but tasted all the cakes and frostings/fillings anyway, and they were able to include 2 different fillings that we liked. The cake came out absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing. It was a naked cake (very little frosting) but was not dry at all. The company was so easy to work with. They dropped the cake off to our venue early enough that our florist was able to add flowers. We got so many compliments on the look and taste of the cake. I would use them time and time again!

Sent on 10/30/2017

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Hi Carrie, Thank you so much for the awesome review! We are so pleased to hear everyone enjoyed the cake and you enjoyed your experience with us :) We look forward to seeing you on your 1st anniversary when you come to pick up your complementary anniversary cake. Best Wishes!

Caryn · Married on 09/30/2017

To put it simply: the cake was AMAZING. We had such a great experience working with Sugar Bakers, from the initial tasting to the final product on our wedding day. The cake was absolutely delicious and it was, down to a tee, exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 10/15/2017

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Thank you Caryn! We love to hear that you all enjoyed the cake. Don't forget to give us a call about 2 weeks before your 1st anniversary so we can make you your complementary anniversary cake! Best Wishes

Suzanne · Married on 09/08/2017

As a two bride couple, we were hesitant to start planning our wedding because we didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable. We walked up to the door and saw a welcoming rainbow flag that put us at ease immediately. SugarBakers was the first and last tasting we scheduled. We met with Jamie and it was so clear she cared about cakes and about us as a couple! We couldn't have been more happy with the way the cake turned out. It was delivered onsite without issue. We had a brunch the next day where everyone raved about how delicious the cake was. We will be going to them for every special occasion and "just because" cake from here on out. And we can't wait to get our complimentary first anniversary cake fresh rather than having frozen the top tier of our cake. Thank you SugarBakers!
    Photo for reference: http://nicolebarrphotography.com/suz-ana-silver-swan-bayside-eastern-shore-maryland

Jhanelle · Married on 08/26/2017

Our wedding cake was PERFECT. The reviews speak for themselves, but really - everyone was raving about the softness of the icing and the not-too-sweet but delicious flavor. My only regret is not taking more of the cake home with us!!

Sent on 09/20/2017

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Jhanelle, Thank you so much for the great review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your cake! We will see you in a year for your complementary first anniversary cake. Best Wishes!
  • Nick

Nick · Married on 08/20/2017

We had Sugarbakers for our wedding and it was beautiful and delicious - I am actually enjoying a piece now as I write this! I highly recommend the raspberry amaretto cake. They were also professional and responsive to their emails and the free tasting was very nicely done.

Sent on 08/28/2017

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Nick, thank you so much for the kind words! We are always happy to hear that you enjoyed the full SugarBakers experience, we look forward to working with you again in the future. Best Wishes

Janna · Married on 07/30/2017

The bride and groom selected the lemon mousse cake with lemon curd for our son's July 30th wedding. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Our guests raved (and raved!) We have tried their other cakes (almond raspberry and chocolate decadence) and loved them- but the lemon mousse - off the charts!

The bride adores chocolate - but loved this cake and its buttercream frosting best of all. Service was great and the staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The presentation was so pretty. Goooo SugarBakers. Best cakes in Maryland!

Sent on 07/31/2017

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Thank you Janna! We love to hear how much you loved your cake!

Lindsay · Married on 07/01/2017

I am not even a "cake person", and I was blown away by Sugarbakers! The quality and price are unbeatable. At our cake tasting, we were able to try 12+ flavors and three different kinds of buttercream. Ultimately, we settled on a four-tiered cake with cannoli, raspberry amaretto, lemon, and fudgey red velvet. I gave them a picture for reference and it turned out just as I imagined! Thank you, Sugarbakers!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you so much for a nice review, we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your cake! We look forward to seeing you on your one year anniversary for your complementary anniversary cake! Best Wishes
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 06/17/2017

At our tasting, our salesperson brought out a beautiful plate of 11 flavors and dollops of the 3 types of frosting. Each was better than the last. Of the flavors, 4 stood out to me as especially delicious: Peach Melba (the best!), Chocolate Mousse Toffee, Amaretto Raspberry, and Red Velvet. I also thought Lemon Mousse and Strawberry Breeze were quite good. My partner also liked Toasted Coconut Cream and Cannoli d’Ville flavors; I found them a bit too subtle.

For our 100-person wedding, we chose a simple cake of three round tiers, with the bottom tier Peach Melba and the upper tiers Red Velvet, all with French buttercream (rich and silky, and much less sweet than American buttercream, which they also offer if that’s your preference). (We loved those two flavors and their retro-ness fit well with our theme to boot.) Because ANY frosting decoration immediately escalates the price a lot, our salesperson recommended we get it plainly frosted, and then provide ribbon they would put around the base of each layer at no extra charge, and that we provide a cake topper. We did this and it was cute, if a bit plain.

Their website offers so many beautiful designs, including incredible stuff with fondant, but of course, fondant doesn’t taste great (guests can peel it away from the buttercream underneath on their serving, if desired) and at least doubles the price per serving. It’s too bad because I was enamored of the Pickle Barrel cake on their site and so wanted it for my country fair themed wedding. But ours was cute with the ribbon, flag bunting topper from Etsy, and a few paper pinwheels added by our decorator.

The cake was delicious and we got many compliments on it. We had some to take home and enjoyed it on our own and with friends for several days after. SugarBakers was easy to work with from tasting through delivery, including a few emails and phone calls. I highly recommend them!

Krystle · Married on 06/12/2017

Everyone cannot stop raving about how much they loved our wedding cake!! Although I didn't get the chance to eat too much of it :) the guests definitely enjoyed every bite. Thank you!! I can't wait to eat my anniversary cake :)

Helen · Married on 06/03/2017

SugarBakers is the best in Baltimore, no question. Not only are their cakes delicious, but they are wonderful to work with and the cakes are so incredibly beautiful. I had so much fun at our tasting, and they really listened to what we wanted -- they even printed out a picture of what I wanted (from Pinterest) right there while we were at our appointment, and then made notes on it to personalize it. I was impressed by the entire experience.

Joy · Married on 06/03/2017

Our cake was AWESOME! The staff worked with us to create a beautiful, Gothic design. When it was delivered it was even better than we imagined and the cake was simply delicious. We loved our cake so much that we now stop by regularly to buy cupcakes.

Lin · Married on 05/28/2017

Ok, so first of all -- when you call to make an appointment with SugarBakers, you get this incredible cake tasting arranged in which you and your fiance can invite up to two other friends! The tasting and design meeting was so fun! It was very informative to learn about different flavor combinations and types of buttercream. They have a bunch of pictures for inspiration, as well as model cakes on display in the shop itself! Would recommend going to your design meeting with paint swatches if you have a certain color in mind. I chose a ombre pink buttercream cake, and they totally nailed the color gradient with the paint swatches I provided. The cake was so delicious! (Did I mention you can be signed up for their anniversary cake program... you get a cake for your 1 year anniversary too!) Our guests took so many pictures of our cake -- we could not have been more pleased. The flavors were incredible (c'mon... cannoli cream and dulce de leche = total winner). Whether you're ordering a cake for a wedding, or just any excuse to eat cake -- please please go to SugarBakers. Such a treat! Everyone at their shop is incredibly kind. <3

Sent on 06/08/2017

Hello Lin,

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are so pleased to hear you were happy with not only your cake but the whole experience here at SugarBakers Cakes. We look forward to making your complementary first year anniversary cake!

Susanna · Married on 05/06/2017

Delicious, beautiful cake and wonderful people to work with. It just so happens that my brother used them for his wedding 9 years ago and I used them for my wedding 3 days ago! They were incredible every time! Seriously unbeatable!

Blake · Married on 05/06/2017

We had a sugarbakers cake at our wedding in May. They delivered to the hotel Delta Marriott in Hunt Valley. They were professional and kind. I kid you not, this was the best cake I've ever had in my entire life!
    Cannot wait to go back for more!

Katrina · Married on 04/22/2017

Our wedding cake was gorgeous and delicious! The tasting was wonderful, as we were able to sample 3 different buttercreams and 10+ large samples of cake! The cake is moist and delicious. We ordered a two-tiered cake and additional half sheet of the Smith Island Cake with German Buttercream. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and the guests raved about the cake. A huge hit all around!

Domonique · Married on 03/26/2017

Thank you for everything the cake and cupcakes came out amazing for our wedding yesterday. I would definitely go back next time I have an event!

Janna · Married on 03/11/2017

Sugar Bakers was the "sweetest" part of our wedding! We went for a tasting, which was relaxing, fun, and delicious. Kristy helped us and answered all of our questions. She showed us so many beautiful, elegant designs and we were able to choose the one that was right for us.

My husband and I were not ready to make a decision, but we were not pressured at all. Kristy followed up with us twice before we decided to book. She also offered a discount, as the hotel with which we booked had recently signed an agreement of which we could not take advantage (due to being implemented after we signed our contract).

We loved that delivery was included. The cake itself was phenomenal: fresh, flavorful, moist, and beautiful.

Bottom Line: Sugar Bakers is very professional and flexible. The cake was perfect for our wedding day. We love that a free top layer is included with our purchase for our first wedding anniversary.

Emily · Married on 03/04/2017

This place is wonderful! They do some great work, which you can choose from. I found a cake on Pinterest I loved (with a bit of tweaking) that they were able to copy perfectly. Plus it was delicious!

Laura · Married on 03/04/2017

I ordered a pretty detailed groom's cake from Sugarbakers Cakes and it turned out perfectly - as beautiful and as tasty as I could've ever hoped for. Everyone was wow-ed with the quality of work, attention to detail, and the delicious flavors (we went with the canoli cake). HIGHLY recommended!!

Kathleen · Married on 01/14/2017

Hands down this is the only place for a wedding cake in the Baltimore area. We have been getting our special occasion cakes from this bakery for years.
    From the sit down, to the ordering, to the execution and even wonderful thank you note from Sugarbakers you can't go wrong! My only advice would be that if you decide to get two flavors of cake, then assume people will have two pieces so double your order! Our 200 ppl cake was gone in a flash!