847 Reviews for SugarBakers Cakes

Pastries (2)
Custom Design (1)
Private Tastings (1)
847 SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

Our wedding cake was gorgeous and delicious! The tasting was wonderful, as we were able to sample 3 different buttercreams and 10+ large samples of cake! The cake is moist and delicious. We ordered a two-tiered cake and additional half sheet of the Smith Island Cake with German Buttercream. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and the guests raved about the cake. A huge hit all around!

Profile Picture Katrina, 4/22/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Thank you for everything the cake and cupcakes came out amazing for our wedding yesterday. I would definitely go back next time I have an event!

Profile Picture Domonique , 3/26/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugar Bakers was the "sweetest" part of our wedding! We went for a tasting, which was relaxing, fun, and delicious. Kristy helped us and answered all of our questions. She showed us so many beautiful, elegant designs and we were able to choose the one that was right for us.

My husband and I were not ready to make a decision, but we were not pressured at all. Kristy followed up with us twice before we decided to book. She also offered a discount, as the hotel with which we booked had recently signed an agreement of which we could not take advantage (due to being implemented after we signed our contract).

We loved that delivery was included. The cake itself was phenomenal: fresh, flavorful, moist, and beautiful.

Bottom Line: Sugar Bakers is very professional and flexible. The cake was perfect for our wedding day. We love that a free top layer is included with our purchase for our first wedding anniversary.

Profile Picture Janna, 3/11/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

This place is wonderful! They do some great work, which you can choose from. I found a cake on Pinterest I loved (with a bit of tweaking) that they were able to copy perfectly. Plus it was delicious!

Profile Picture Emily, 3/4/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

I ordered a pretty detailed groom's cake from Sugarbakers Cakes and it turned out perfectly - as beautiful and as tasty as I could've ever hoped for. Everyone was wow-ed with the quality of work, attention to detail, and the delicious flavors (we went with the canoli cake). HIGHLY recommended!!

Profile Picture Laura, 3/4/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Hands down this is the only place for a wedding cake in the Baltimore area. We have been getting our special occasion cakes from this bakery for years.
From the sit down, to the ordering, to the execution and even wonderful thank you note from Sugarbakers you can't go wrong! My only advice would be that if you decide to get two flavors of cake, then assume people will have two pieces so double your order! Our 200 ppl cake was gone in a flash!

Profile Picture User6957384, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Beautiful cake - even better than I imagined. It exceeded expectations. We received so many wonderful comments from our guests and beautiful photos of the cake. Our sales rep was great from the day of the tasting. The cake tasted good too - a plus!! Sometimes it looks great but tastes terrible or vice versa - we got both :)

Profile Picture Jodi, 1/8/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was one of the best parts of the day! It turned out gorgeous and delicious! I met with Sugar Bakers to discuss options and I really had no idea what direction to go in. They offered suggestions on design, taste, colors, etc that fit my vision for the day. It turned out perfect. The tasting was fabulous and they explained everything. I feel like they had options for everybody and all tastes. They explained about buttercream and fondant and the advantages/disadvantages to both. They worked with my color scheme and everything matched perfectly. The sugar flowers were gorgeous also. I dropped off my cake topper a week before. It was way bigger than I imagined when I ordered it but Sugar Bakers made it work and it looked perfect. All m yguests commented on how delicious every layer was-from the red velvet to the caramel. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture holly, 11/13/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Without a doubt the best wedding cake I've had. All my friends were jealous. SugarBakers worked with us long distance and was always prompt in returning phone calls and emails. They didn't try to pressure us into buying anything we didn't need, and even recommended ways to save money. I can't wait to get our anniversary cake!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/29/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Delicious sophisticated cakes. There's no design they couldn't do. Had a cake tasting before the wedding, and I was able to find the perfect flavor: Raspberry amaretto with German buttercream. The Smith island was delicious too (peanut butter cups, high quality chocolate, and yellow cake) and the quality of the taste of cake was sooo much better than most bakeries (I would know, I'm a cake conoisseur lol) fantastic presentation and everyone loved the taste of the cake. I would definitely drive 1 1/2 hours just to have a slice of that delicious cake from our wedding and the Smith Island

Profile Picture Joanna, 10/21/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers was a pleasure to work with! we wanted a variety of cakes in a variety of flavors and textures and they delivered the most beautiful and delicious creations! We're still dreaming about their Smith Island cake! My family has ordered birthday cakes and desserts for other special events from them for years and we'll continue to do so. They're the best!

Profile Picture Colleen, 10/8/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Groom's Cake

My (now) husband and I went to our consultation with very vague ideas of what we wanted. When we met with Jamie, she made it very easy to go through different examples of cakes, picking and choosing different aspects of each that we liked and was very helpful with getting us to narrow down what we wanted.
We got to taste all the different cakes as well as the different icings and what can I say... DELICIOUS! Even the flavors that I'm not normally a fan of! We ended up going with the smith island cake for one tier, and the raspberry amaretto for the other two tiers and all of our guests were in love!
Working with Jamie and Sugar Bakers was a breeze! When random questions came up, they were super quick to respond via email and very friendly and professional if I called. I would absolutely recommend this bakery to others planning their big day!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

SugarBakers was more expensive than the other cake companies we tried but it was so worth the splurge!!! The two-flavored cake was moist and delicious! We received so many compliments and heard some of our guests asking for a second slice!

Profile Picture S., 9/24/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

A wedding cake people actually enjoy? YES, it exists. This is it. If you want a cake that actually gets eaten because it is delicious look no further.

Profile Picture S., 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers cakes are so good. Myself and my husband don't eat too much cake, but couldn't get enough of our wedding cake. The consultation we had with them was great. We got to try all flavors of cake and also look at some mock models that they had in the store. The pictures and models really helped us pick out the design we wanted. My husband wanted to add a crab in the icing somewhere, and they hid it perfectly in the lace detail of the cake. Wonderful job and a perfect edition to our wedding day.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/4/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Sugarbakers is the place to get your wedding cake! ( or any other dessert). We had an raspberry ameretto cake with top tier of carrots cake and buttercream icing and it was SO GOOD!!! everyone LOVED it! And since we had our reception at Rolling Road Country Club we got a discount on our cake. Jamie was so sweet and helpful with us picking our flavors and decorations. The cake turned out absolute beautiful. Better then I even imagined it! Recommend Sugarbaker for sure!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/3/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best. Cake. Ever. I am not a fan of red velvet cake but there red velvet fudge was amazing. We also had raspberry amaretto which was amazing too. The cake was a big hit!!

Profile Picture Lori, 8/27/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

SugarBakers Cakes - speak for themselves. They are simply the best. We used SugarBakers for our wedding and grooms cake, and our guests loved it. Truly artists the design of our cake was exactly what we imagined.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Chelsea, 8/27/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We only needed a smaller "ceremonial" cake since our caterer provided individualized desserts for our wedding reception but the Amaretto Raspberry cake with French buttercream that we chose was DIVINE! But perhaps the best part was the talented artisans at SugarBakers also sculpted our cake as a "one-of-a-kind" work of art that completely fit in with our Art Museum venue. So deliciously perfect, we almost hated to eat it (but we're so glad that we did)!

Profile Picture Mark & Randall, 8/20/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. We went for a tasting, they allowed us to take all the time we needed. They got our vision for our cake perfectly. We even wanted a stand for the cake and they suggested an alternative to help us save a few bucks. The cake was delicious and DEVOURED at our wedding. Everyone loved the fact that we had two flavors.

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/20/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Do not go anywhere else for cake! We are still having people from our wedding ask us where we got it. Definitely the best part of wedding planning. We had the raspberry amaretto with buttercream frosting and would do it all over again!

Profile Picture Nichol, 8/6/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery

Sugar Bakers made us a delicious and beautiful Smith Island Cake for our wedding! We left our meeting feeling 100% confident that they knew exactly what we wanted our cake to look like! They took the pictures that we brought and combined it with pictures of what they had done before to make the perfect wedding cake! The cake was absolutely stunning the day of the wedding and included everything that we asked for!

Profile Picture User5274251, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We did not work directly with SugarBakers as our venue coordinated this. However, our cake was absolutely DELICIOUS. We loved every bite of it and will definitely be ordering another anniversary cake next year. Thank you!

Profile Picture Carly, 7/16/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I knew from the moment I tasted one of SugarBakers’ cakes that I would have to have it for my wedding (for the record, it was the white cake with raspberry amaretto filling and buttercream icing). A super-fancy custom cake wasn’t really important to us - we only wanted it to be delicious and fresh - so we just ordered their standard round cakes in various sizes, and my mom made a beautiful cake display. All of SugarBakers’ cakes are really delicious and they look beautiful! I’m sure if you want something custom and elaborate, they will more than deliver, but even something simple from them is great.

Profile Picture User7012713, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

When it came to choosing our wedding cake we knew Sugarbakers was the only way to go. Working in the event industry myself I have tried my fair share of cakes. The flavor and freshness of a sugarbakers cake is unbeatable. Their costumer service is just as impressive.

View Vendor Response