855 Reviews for SugarBakers Cakes

Dessert Buffet (3)
Cookies (2)
Pastries (2)
855 SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

I am not even a "cake person", and I was blown away by Sugarbakers! The quality and price are unbeatable. At our cake tasting, we were able to try 12+ flavors and three different kinds of buttercream. Ultimately, we settled on a four-tiered cake with cannoli, raspberry amaretto, lemon, and fudgey red velvet. I gave them a picture for reference and it turned out just as I imagined! Thank you, Sugarbakers!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

At our tasting, our salesperson brought out a beautiful plate of 11 flavors and dollops of the 3 types of frosting. Each was better than the last. Of the flavors, 4 stood out to me as especially delicious: Peach Melba (the best!), Chocolate Mousse Toffee, Amaretto Raspberry, and Red Velvet. I also thought Lemon Mousse and Strawberry Breeze were quite good. My partner also liked Toasted Coconut Cream and Cannoli d’Ville flavors; I found them a bit too subtle.

For our 100-person wedding, we chose a simple cake of three round tiers, with the bottom tier Peach Melba and the upper tiers Red Velvet, all with French buttercream (rich and silky, and much less sweet than American buttercream, which they also offer if that’s your preference). (We loved those two flavors and their retro-ness fit well with our theme to boot.) Because ANY frosting decoration immediately escalates the price a lot, our salesperson recommended we get it plainly frosted, and then provide ribbon they would put around the base of each layer at no extra charge, and that we provide a cake topper. We did this and it was cute, if a bit plain.

Their website offers so many beautiful designs, including incredible stuff with fondant, but of course, fondant doesn’t taste great (guests can peel it away from the buttercream underneath on their serving, if desired) and at least doubles the price per serving. It’s too bad because I was enamored of the Pickle Barrel cake on their site and so wanted it for my country fair themed wedding. But ours was cute with the ribbon, flag bunting topper from Etsy, and a few paper pinwheels added by our decorator.

The cake was delicious and we got many compliments on it. We had some to take home and enjoyed it on our own and with friends for several days after. SugarBakers was easy to work with from tasting through delivery, including a few emails and phone calls. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Jill, 6/17/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Everyone cannot stop raving about how much they loved our wedding cake!! Although I didn't get the chance to eat too much of it :) the guests definitely enjoyed every bite. Thank you!! I can't wait to eat my anniversary cake :)

Profile Picture Krystle, 6/12/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

SugarBakers is the best in Baltimore, no question. Not only are their cakes delicious, but they are wonderful to work with and the cakes are so incredibly beautiful. I had so much fun at our tasting, and they really listened to what we wanted -- they even printed out a picture of what I wanted (from Pinterest) right there while we were at our appointment, and then made notes on it to personalize it. I was impressed by the entire experience.

Profile Picture Helen, 6/3/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Our cake was AWESOME! The staff worked with us to create a beautiful, Gothic design. When it was delivered it was even better than we imagined and the cake was simply delicious. We loved our cake so much that we now stop by regularly to buy cupcakes.

Profile Picture Joy, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Ok, so first of all -- when you call to make an appointment with SugarBakers, you get this incredible cake tasting arranged in which you and your fiance can invite up to two other friends! The tasting and design meeting was so fun! It was very informative to learn about different flavor combinations and types of buttercream. They have a bunch of pictures for inspiration, as well as model cakes on display in the shop itself! Would recommend going to your design meeting with paint swatches if you have a certain color in mind. I chose a ombre pink buttercream cake, and they totally nailed the color gradient with the paint swatches I provided. The cake was so delicious! (Did I mention you can be signed up for their anniversary cake program... you get a cake for your 1 year anniversary too!) Our guests took so many pictures of our cake -- we could not have been more pleased. The flavors were incredible (c'mon... cannoli cream and dulce de leche = total winner). Whether you're ordering a cake for a wedding, or just any excuse to eat cake -- please please go to SugarBakers. Such a treat! Everyone at their shop is incredibly kind.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lin, 5/28/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Delicious, beautiful cake and wonderful people to work with. It just so happens that my brother used them for his wedding 9 years ago and I used them for my wedding 3 days ago! They were incredible every time! Seriously unbeatable!

Profile Picture Susanna, 5/6/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We had a sugarbakers cake at our wedding in May. They delivered to the hotel Delta Marriott in Hunt Valley. They were professional and kind. I kid you not, this was the best cake I've ever had in my entire life!
Cannot wait to go back for more!

Profile Picture Blake, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Our wedding cake was gorgeous and delicious! The tasting was wonderful, as we were able to sample 3 different buttercreams and 10+ large samples of cake! The cake is moist and delicious. We ordered a two-tiered cake and additional half sheet of the Smith Island Cake with German Buttercream. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and the guests raved about the cake. A huge hit all around!

Profile Picture Katrina, 4/22/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Thank you for everything the cake and cupcakes came out amazing for our wedding yesterday. I would definitely go back next time I have an event!

Profile Picture Domonique , 3/26/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugar Bakers was the "sweetest" part of our wedding! We went for a tasting, which was relaxing, fun, and delicious. Kristy helped us and answered all of our questions. She showed us so many beautiful, elegant designs and we were able to choose the one that was right for us.

My husband and I were not ready to make a decision, but we were not pressured at all. Kristy followed up with us twice before we decided to book. She also offered a discount, as the hotel with which we booked had recently signed an agreement of which we could not take advantage (due to being implemented after we signed our contract).

We loved that delivery was included. The cake itself was phenomenal: fresh, flavorful, moist, and beautiful.

Bottom Line: Sugar Bakers is very professional and flexible. The cake was perfect for our wedding day. We love that a free top layer is included with our purchase for our first wedding anniversary.

Profile Picture Janna, 3/11/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

This place is wonderful! They do some great work, which you can choose from. I found a cake on Pinterest I loved (with a bit of tweaking) that they were able to copy perfectly. Plus it was delicious!

Profile Picture Emily, 3/4/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

I ordered a pretty detailed groom's cake from Sugarbakers Cakes and it turned out perfectly - as beautiful and as tasty as I could've ever hoped for. Everyone was wow-ed with the quality of work, attention to detail, and the delicious flavors (we went with the canoli cake). HIGHLY recommended!!

Profile Picture Laura, 3/4/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Hands down this is the only place for a wedding cake in the Baltimore area. We have been getting our special occasion cakes from this bakery for years.
From the sit down, to the ordering, to the execution and even wonderful thank you note from Sugarbakers you can't go wrong! My only advice would be that if you decide to get two flavors of cake, then assume people will have two pieces so double your order! Our 200 ppl cake was gone in a flash!

Profile Picture User6957384, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Beautiful cake - even better than I imagined. It exceeded expectations. We received so many wonderful comments from our guests and beautiful photos of the cake. Our sales rep was great from the day of the tasting. The cake tasted good too - a plus!! Sometimes it looks great but tastes terrible or vice versa - we got both :)

Profile Picture Jodi, 1/8/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was one of the best parts of the day! It turned out gorgeous and delicious! I met with Sugar Bakers to discuss options and I really had no idea what direction to go in. They offered suggestions on design, taste, colors, etc that fit my vision for the day. It turned out perfect. The tasting was fabulous and they explained everything. I feel like they had options for everybody and all tastes. They explained about buttercream and fondant and the advantages/disadvantages to both. They worked with my color scheme and everything matched perfectly. The sugar flowers were gorgeous also. I dropped off my cake topper a week before. It was way bigger than I imagined when I ordered it but Sugar Bakers made it work and it looked perfect. All m yguests commented on how delicious every layer was-from the red velvet to the caramel. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture holly, 11/13/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Without a doubt the best wedding cake I've had. All my friends were jealous. SugarBakers worked with us long distance and was always prompt in returning phone calls and emails. They didn't try to pressure us into buying anything we didn't need, and even recommended ways to save money. I can't wait to get our anniversary cake!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/29/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Delicious sophisticated cakes. There's no design they couldn't do. Had a cake tasting before the wedding, and I was able to find the perfect flavor: Raspberry amaretto with German buttercream. The Smith island was delicious too (peanut butter cups, high quality chocolate, and yellow cake) and the quality of the taste of cake was sooo much better than most bakeries (I would know, I'm a cake conoisseur lol) fantastic presentation and everyone loved the taste of the cake. I would definitely drive 1 1/2 hours just to have a slice of that delicious cake from our wedding and the Smith Island

Profile Picture Joanna, 10/21/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers was a pleasure to work with! we wanted a variety of cakes in a variety of flavors and textures and they delivered the most beautiful and delicious creations! We're still dreaming about their Smith Island cake! My family has ordered birthday cakes and desserts for other special events from them for years and we'll continue to do so. They're the best!

Profile Picture Colleen, 10/8/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Groom's Cake

My (now) husband and I went to our consultation with very vague ideas of what we wanted. When we met with Jamie, she made it very easy to go through different examples of cakes, picking and choosing different aspects of each that we liked and was very helpful with getting us to narrow down what we wanted.
We got to taste all the different cakes as well as the different icings and what can I say... DELICIOUS! Even the flavors that I'm not normally a fan of! We ended up going with the smith island cake for one tier, and the raspberry amaretto for the other two tiers and all of our guests were in love!
Working with Jamie and Sugar Bakers was a breeze! When random questions came up, they were super quick to respond via email and very friendly and professional if I called. I would absolutely recommend this bakery to others planning their big day!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

SugarBakers was more expensive than the other cake companies we tried but it was so worth the splurge!!! The two-flavored cake was moist and delicious! We received so many compliments and heard some of our guests asking for a second slice!

Profile Picture S., 9/24/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

A wedding cake people actually enjoy? YES, it exists. This is it. If you want a cake that actually gets eaten because it is delicious look no further.

Profile Picture S., 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers cakes are so good. Myself and my husband don't eat too much cake, but couldn't get enough of our wedding cake. The consultation we had with them was great. We got to try all flavors of cake and also look at some mock models that they had in the store. The pictures and models really helped us pick out the design we wanted. My husband wanted to add a crab in the icing somewhere, and they hid it perfectly in the lace detail of the cake. Wonderful job and a perfect edition to our wedding day.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/4/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Sugarbakers is the place to get your wedding cake! ( or any other dessert). We had an raspberry ameretto cake with top tier of carrots cake and buttercream icing and it was SO GOOD!!! everyone LOVED it! And since we had our reception at Rolling Road Country Club we got a discount on our cake. Jamie was so sweet and helpful with us picking our flavors and decorations. The cake turned out absolute beautiful. Better then I even imagined it! Recommend Sugarbaker for sure!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/3/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best. Cake. Ever. I am not a fan of red velvet cake but there red velvet fudge was amazing. We also had raspberry amaretto which was amazing too. The cake was a big hit!!

Profile Picture Lori, 8/27/16, 6 Reviews